This is the true gospel .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this day we must be on guard against another gospel .
So let us all examine how specific the early church was about knowing and understanding that in order to be saved one had to confess JESUS by mouth , believing in Him as the absolute only name whereby one could be saved .
Let us start in acts with what peter said in the second chapter . Peter was addressing a crowd who had mocked at some who were speaking in tongues .
He goes on to explain the entire event using the words of the prophets .
Then some asked him , what must we do ?
To which peter replies Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost . acts chapter two v 37 and 38
A little later , as seen in acts chapter three he is speaking to others reminding them to repent and believe .
Peter then goes on in verse twenty three to say , and it shall come to pass that every soul that will not hear that prophet , meaning JESUS ,
will be destroyed from among the people . So we see already they knew that even jews could not be saved unless they believed in Christ .
Later , in chapter four He explains to the leaders that JESUS is the stone which was set at naught of you builders
which has become the head of the corner . In the next verse ,which is verse twelve of chapter four , He says
Neither is their salvation in any other ,for there is NO other name given under heaven whereby one may be saved .
That was both john and peter and the other apostles .
Now let us examine paul . He too told the jews , seeing you reject eternal life , lo we go unto the gentiles .
Now paul explains well what the gospel entails . Specially in romans chapter ten .
We will start at verse nine . That if you shall confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus
and shall believe from the heart that God has raised Him from the dead you shall be saved .
Paul is making clear that Jesus must be confess by the mouth and believed from the heart that God has rose Him from the dead in order to be saved .
In verse ten we see why this is .
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the Mouth CONFESSION is made unto Salvation . Solid proof that is how one is saved .
We go to john next . He makes it very clear that if one does not believe that JESUS is the Son of GOD , IF one does not believe the testimony that GOD gave of His SON they are of the Spirit of anti Christ .
We see real clear in chapter five verse ten .
HE that believes ON the Son of GOD has the witness in himself . But he that believes not GOD has made him to be a liar
Because he has not believed the record that GOD has given of His Son .
And this is the record that God has Given to us , eternal life and this life is in HIS SON .
He that has the SON has life , and he that has not the Son of GOD does not have life .
In verse fifteen of the fourth chapter he makes something else real clear .
Whosoever shall confess that JESUS is the SON of GOD
God dwells in Him and he in God .
in verses thirteen and fourteen john writes this as well .
Here is how we know we dwell in Him and HE in us , by the Spirit which He has given us . AND we have seen
and do testify that GOD sent His son to be the savoir of the world .
So we must believe this . we must confess JESUS by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has rose Him from the dead in order to be saved .
So be on gaurd everyone . For we have a false all inclusive social gospel which states all religions are serving the same GOD . THIS is a lie . And as i reminded
us in the very short reminder above , IF we do not believe in Christ , IF we do not confess HIM , we are not saved and we do not know God

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Or there is another view.

It is God who saves, giving to those he has chosen the faith to believe in Jesus and it is this same love and grace that will not quench the smoke ing flax or break the bruised reed who's faith is weak and not as the Bible says it should be.

Fortunately we have no say at all in who will be saved or in who is saved.

That means we can be gracious and consider those with very strang views as Christian or we can be judgemental condemning all who do not for the I and cross the t as we do.

Which are you?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let us all examine how specific the early church was about knowing and understanding that in order to be saved one had to confess JESUS by mouth , believing in Him as the absolute only name whereby one could be saved .
Let us start in acts with what peter told the second chapter . Peter was addressing a crowd who had mocked at some who were speaking in tongues .
To which peter replies Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost . acts chapter two v 37 and 38
A little later , as seen in acts chapter three he is speaking to others reminding them to repent and believe .
Peter then goes on in verse twenty three to say , and it shall come to pass that every soul that will not hear that prophet , meaning JESUS ,
will be destroyed from among the people . So we see already they knew that even jews could not be saved unless they believed in Christ .
Later , in chapter four He explains to the leaders that JESUS is the stone which was set at nought of you builders
which has become the head of the corner . In the next verse ,which is verse twelve of chapter four , He says
Neither is their salvation in any other ,for there is NO other name given under heaven whereby one may be saved .
That was both john and peter and the other apostels .
Now let us examine paul . He too told the jews , seeing you reject eternal life , lo we go unto the gentiles .
Now paul explains well what the gosple entails . Specially in romans chapter ten .
We will start at verse nine . That if you shall confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus
and shall believe from the heart that God has raised Him from the dead you shall be saved .
Paul is making clear that Jesus must be confess by the mouth and believed from the heart that God has rose Him from the dead in order to be saved .
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the Mouth CONFESSION is made unto Salvation . Solid proof that is how one is saved .
We go to john next . He makes it very clear that if one does not beleive that JESUS is the Son of GOD , IF one does not beleive the testimony that GOD gave of His SON they are of the Spirti of anti Christ .
HE that believes ON the Son of GOD has the witness in himself . But he that believes not GOD has made him to be a liar
And this is the record that God has Given to us , eternal life and this life is in HIS SON .
He that has the SON has life , and he that has not the Son of GOD does not have life .
Here is how we know we dwell in Him and HE in us , by the Spirit which He has given us . AND we have seen
So we must believe this . we must confess JESUS by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has rose Him from the dead in order to be saved .
So be on gaurd everyone . For we have a false all inclusive social gosple which states all religions are serving the same GOD . THIS is a lie . And as i reminded
us in the very short reminder above , IF we do not believe in Christ , IF we do not confess HIM , we are not saved and we do not know God .

Hello Sister!
Good word! The Gospel really is so very simple, man complicates it. This all inclusivity is going to fool allot of Christians and if I fear anything at all, it would be something like this. Prayer has to be ramped up by all of us, I know mine does!
God bless you sis!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little bit more concise:
"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, " 1 Cor. 15:3-4
The wages of sin is death.
The good news is that we don't have to die in our sins, since trying to keep The Law to earn salvation was futile, Christ fulfilled the Law for us.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In this day we must be on guard against another gospel
Very true. and not just one "another gospel". Multiple false gospels.

Yes Peter preached the true Gospel on the day of Pentecost and 3,000 souls were saved. He was preaching by the power and inspiration of the Holy Spirit. And that Gospel has not changed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true. and not just one "another gospel". Multiple false gospels.

Yes Peter preached the true Gospel on the day of Pentecost and 3,000 souls were saved. He was preaching by the power and inspiration of the Holy Spirit. And that Gospel has not changed.
Yes my friend there are mutiple false gospels indeed . Its why we stick to the BIBLE my friend . THE KJV Is by far the best one . By far .
We must learn those scriptures well . cause in these days many preach another jesus , another gospel .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little bit more concise:
"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, " 1 Cor. 15:3-4
The wages of sin is death.
The good news is that we don't have to die in our sins, since trying to keep The Law to earn salvation was futile, Christ fulfilled the Law for us.
Yes that as well my friend . No man can justify themselves by the law . THE law shows us we are a sinner . FOR all have sinned .
And the law clearly says what sin is . THOU shall not , and yet all have transgressed the law . Every one , me more than most .
I was deadly evil my friend . OH i could still do good works , and hug and love on folks , But i was a dark sin loving man .
I could even say JESUS is LORD and tell some that they had to believe in Him to be saved . WHICH IS TRUE
yet i myself was wicked . I was lost still . OH but praise GOD for HIS grace which truly did draw me to CHRIST
and changed me .

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wholeheartedly agree. Getting saved requires a transformation, from what we know we are without Christ to what we can only be with Christ. It is the knowledge of Christ that informs us about what we must be in order to receive Salvation. Peter put it this way:

2 Peter 1.3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

What Peter means is that we have to look away from ourselves, in our sinful condition, and embrace the knowledge of him who owns divine virtue able to save. It is righteousness without stain that is full of mercy for us.

This knowledge of him consists of God's power to change us into His own image. Wen we choose this, confess it, and become it, we are new creatures in Christ, having been transformed into his image, having his virtues, receiving his mercy.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us start in acts with what peter said in the second chapter . Peter was addressing a crowd who had mocked at some who were speaking in tongues .
Later , in chapter four He explains to the leaders that JESUS is the stone which was set at naught of you builders
That was both john and peter and the other apostles .
Now paul explains well what the gospel entails . Specially in romans chapter ten .
We go to john next . He makes it very clear that if one does not believe that JESUS is the Son of GOD , IF one does not believe the testimony that GOD gave of His SON they are of the Spirit of anti Christ .
So be on gaurd everyone . For we have a false all inclusive social gospel which states all religions are serving the same GOD . THIS is a lie . And as i reminded
us in the very short reminder above , IF we do not believe in Christ , IF we do not confess HIM , we are not saved and we do not know God
Well done. And, Amen. God writes his laws on our hearts that we will not be separated from his leading us into righteousness, as Jesus said when he reiterated them in his teachings.
Christ theology. None other is of God.

God is good all the time. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

More than that, He comes to fulfill the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 8:4) as He lives His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20).

In Romans 6:23, we are told that the wages of sin is death. This reality is not nullified by what is related next; that the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For in Romans 6:22, we are told the nature of the gift: we are set free from sin, and become servants to God, and we bear fruit unto holiness; and the end (the result) of this is that we have everlasting life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh let the glorious Lord be praised.
Let us remember, only the biblical Lord Jesus saves us and gives us eternal life.
Thats right my dear sister . The lambs are gonna cling to the ONLY NAME that saves , WHICH IS CHRIST JESUS .
Let all that has breath praise the Lord .

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More than that, He comes to fulfill the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 8:4) as He lives His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20).

In Romans 6:23, we are told that the wages of sin is death. This reality is not nullified by what is related next; that the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For in Romans 6:22, we are told the nature of the gift: we are set free from sin, and become servants to God, and we bear fruit unto holiness; and the end (the result) of this is that we have everlasting life.
Yes indeed my friend . The evidence one has the SPIRIT is by what FRUIT they bear .
The fruit of the wicked is to sin . The fruit of the Spirit is in all righteousness , goodness , Truth
proving what is acceptable to God . To GOD . Now let the Lord be praised .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that as well my friend . No man can justify themselves by the law . THE law shows us we are a sinner . FOR all have sinned .
And the law clearly says what sin is . THOU shall not , and yet all have transgressed the law . Every one , me more than most .
I was deadly evil my friend . OH i could still do good works , and hug and love on folks , But i was a dark sin loving man .
I could even say JESUS is LORD and tell some that they had to believe in Him to be saved . WHICH IS TRUE
yet i myself was wicked . I was lost still . OH but praise GOD for HIS grace which truly did draw me to CHRIST
and changed me .

Amen bro Amigo...same here only...a woman :D Did anything that felt good to me. Caroused, drunken, fornication...you name it. Glory to Him who truly removed me from a life of death to eternal life, Amen!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed my friend . The evidence one has the SPIRIT is by what FRUIT they bear .
The fruit of the wicked is to sin . The fruit of the Spirit is in all righteousness , goodness , Truth
proving what is acceptable to God . To GOD . Now let the Lord be praised .

For sure my brother, it is the "fruit" that we know them by, NOT the "Spiritual gifts". Discernment from The Word Amen!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure my brother, it is the "fruit" that we know them by, NOT the "Spiritual gifts". Discernment from The Word Amen!
Many can work miracles . Simon the magician did . But he knew not GOD .
YES INDEED SISTER . There is also a kundalini spirit at work and it can mimic things .
THE only sure fire way to know if one is truly of GOD , IS they profess JESUS and if they are truly His , FRUITS will show .
YE shall know them , As in KNOW THEM by their FRUITS . Exactly sister . exactly .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many can work miracles . Simon the magician did . But he knew not GOD .
YES INDEED SISTER . There is also a kundalini spirit at work and it can mimic things .
THE only sure fire way to know if one is truly of GOD , IS they profess JESUS and if they are truly His , FRUITS will show .
YE shall know them , As in KNOW THEM by their FRUITS . Exactly sister . exactly .

Amen and , for sure! I have seen the kundalini spirit at work, personally and it scared me and, everything in me just wante3d to run fast as I could away from it!
Glory to Him who sends us His Spirit to guide us and give us discernment.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't agree that works save us. Jesus did the work on the cross.
What works did the man next to him Do? He confessed and believed. People come to Christ on their death bed.
Salvation is a gift. It is free and laid in full.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree that works save us.

Neither do I.

Did my post give you the impression that I do?

I don't think that saying that the grace of our Lord Jesus sets us free from sin is proclaiming a works salvation.

It is proclaiming that regeneration and renewing in the Holy Ghost, as an inward work, is something that practically changes the behaviour of the one regenerated and renewed.

You should remember that while we are not saved by works (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5), we are saved unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).

Jesus did the work on the cross.
What works did the man next to him Do? He confessed and believed. People come to Christ on their death bed.
Salvation is a gift. It is free and laid in full.

If someone comes to Christ on their death bed, their last breath on earth will be their first breath in heaven. And you can be sure that if they are genuinely redeemed, their life in heaven will be one of righteousness.

Last edited: