This is why most believe that Jesus is a Man/Son and not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus is a Jew / even the Jew, if you will - a “non-Trinnie,” to use your nomenclature. His God is the God of the Jews, not the God of the “Trinnies”.

To put it simply, the God of Jesus is only one person, the Father.

Jesus isn’t a trinitarian; Jesus is a unitarian.

Nope, plenty of scriptural evidences to prove the Triune Godhead, and Godhead is in the scriptures.
Agree to disagree and do what we are supposed to do.
J.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Nope, plenty of scriptural evidences to prove the Triune Godhead, and Godhead is in the scriptures.

Jesus stated explicitly who his God and the God of his disciples is.

Agree to disagree and do what we are supposed to do.
J.

Certainly we can agree to disagree.

I haven’t been able to persuade you that Jesus isn’t a trinitarian and you haven’t been able to persuade me that the Trinity is his God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
”Many of the sacred writers spoke of a Messiah who was to be Yahweh’s agent in establishing the kingdom of Yahweh in the messianic age. However, they regarded the Messiah not as a divine person but as a creature, a charismatic leader, a Davidic king.

Thus the Old Testament writings about God neither express nor imply any idea of or belief in a plurality or trinity of persons within the one Godhead. Even to see in them suggestions or foreshadowings or ‘veiled signs’ of the trinity of persons, is to go beyond the words and intent of the sacred writers.”

(Edmund J. Fortman, The Triune God, p. 9)

Reactions: XFire

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus stated explicitly who his God and the God of his disciples is.

Certainly we can agree to disagree.

I haven’t been able to persuade you that Jesus isn’t a trinitarian and you haven’t been able to persuade me that the Trinity is his God.
So can we go on together? Can two walk together lest they agree?
J.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
”Many of the sacred writers spoke of a Messiah who was to be Yahweh’s agent in establishing the kingdom of Yahweh in the messianic age. However, they regarded the Messiah not as a divine person but as a creature, a charismatic leader, a Davidic king.

Thus the Old Testament writings about God neither express nor imply any idea of or belief in a plurality or trinity of persons within the one Godhead. Even to see in them suggestions or foreshadowings or ‘veiled signs’ of the trinity of persons, is to go beyond the words and intent of the sacred writers.”

(Edmund J. Fortman, The Triune God, p. 9)

Guess you are in full agreement with this "man?"

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A long post, too bad you don't see that Christ Jesus is God, God with God.
J.

You don't see... much less read very well do you... Sorry it was too much information for you to process.... I forgot, you only sit and soak in church! Only to be told what to believe! Sorry, I would actually think you have the time a read what's make you look like you do now... So can you read a paragraph... I made it simple for a sit and soakers like you

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Now you tell me which part of this verse is hard to understand. What is Jesus according to Peter in Acts 2:22?
  1. A Godman
  2. A God
  3. A man

Try really hard to read....
Paul

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Guess you are in full agreement with this "man?"

No, but I am in agreement with what the Catholic writer I quoted said.

“No more than the Old Testament writers do the New Testament writers set forth a systematic doctrine about God. For them, too, there is only one God, the creator and lord of the universe; and He is the the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is the Heavenly Father, but more especially the Father of Jesus.“

(Edmund J. Fortman, The Triune God, p. 31)

More importantly, I’m in agreement with Jesus. The God of Jesus God is the Father and none other. So says Jesus himself - which is why you haven’t been able to persuade me that the God of Jesus is the Trinity.

The God of Jesus can be no other than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You don't see... much less read very well do you... Sorry it was too much information for you to process.... I forgot, you only sit and soak in church! Only to be told what to believe! Sorry, I would actually think you have the time a read what's make you look like you do now... So can you read a paragraph... I made it simple for a sit and soakers like you

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Now you tell me which part of this verse is hard to understand. What is Jesus according to Peter in Acts 2:22?
  1. A Godman
  2. A God
  3. A man

Try really hard to read....
Paul
You don't know me, yet...
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, but I am in agreement with what the Catholic writer I quoted said.

“No more than the Old Testament writers do the New Testament writers set forth a systematic doctrine about God. For them, too, there is only one God, the creator and lord of the universe; and He is the the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is the Heavenly Father, but more especially the Father of Jesus.“

(Edmund J. Fortman, The Triune God, p. 31)

More importantly, I’m in agreement with Jesus. The God of Jesus God is the Father and none other. So says Jesus himself - which is why you haven’t been able to persuade me that the God of Jesus is the Trinity.
I'm not here to "persuade" you, that is not my job, as long as we agree on the fundamental core doctrines.
J.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm not here to "persuade" you, that is not my job, as long as we agree on the fundamental core doctrines.
J.

I’m persuaded by Jesus and he is a Jew, not a trinitarian.

It’s his fundamental core doctrine which is bedrock.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Listen up brother, don't be so sanctimonious Matthias.
J.

When you tell me that the God of Jesus is the Trinity are you being sanctimonious? I don’t think so.

Me stating that Jesus is a Jew and that his God is the Father, not the Trinity, isn’t sanctimonious. It’s simply a statement of verifiable fact.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When you tell me that the God of Jesus is the Trinity are you being sanctimonious? I don’t think so.

Me stating that Jesus is a Jew and that his God is the Father, not the Trinity, isn’t sanctimonious. It’s simply a statement of verifiable fact.
That's your own logic. God is supernatural - no logic needed, just faith.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can have faith that the God of Jesus is the Trinity but Jesus said his God is the Father.
Like i said that's what the logical mind tells you because to understand that Jesus is God is spiritual. I didn't say he was his own father I say Jesus is God the Son along with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit who make up the three in one Godhead.

It's like us humans having three parts to our make up - made in God's image; not to look like him but to have an intellect (God the Father), a physical body (God the Son) and a soul/spirit (Holy Spirit) which is the essence of who we are. Three parts to God and three parts to each of us.

Without our brain/intellect we can do nothing just as Jesus (the body) could do nothing without God (the intellect/brain) And just as God created all things through the Holy Spirit we also have a creative spirit.

Don't continue to rely on your logic but let the Holy Spirit lead you into all truth. let him show you the supernatural. It is amazing.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Like i said that's what the logical mind tells you because to understand that Jesus is God is spiritual. I didn't say he was his own father I say Jesus is God the Son along with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit who make up the three in one Godhead.

It's like us humans having three parts to our make up - made in God's image; not to look like him but to have an intellect (God the Father), a physical body (God the Son) and a soul/spirit (Holy Spirit) which is the essence of who we are. Three parts to God and three parts to each of us.

Without our brain/intellect we can do nothing just as Jesus (the body) could do nothing without God (the intellect/brain) And just as God created all things through the Holy Spirit we also have a creative spirit.

Don't continue to rely on your logic but let the Holy Spirit lead you into all truth. let him show you the supernatural. It is amazing.

My conversation was with someone who is telling me that the God of Jesus is the Trinity. He’s mistaken - not because I say he is; because Jesus says he is.

Jesus is God. The question is how he is God. The answer is found within his own Jewish monotheism, which was destroyed by trinitarianism.

I’m not replying on logic. I’m relying on history, Church history in particular.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“...it’s own conception of the Trinity was looked upon by the Fathers themselves as a combination of Jewish monotheism and pagan polytheism, except that to them this combination was a good combination; in fact, it was to them an ideal combination of what is best in Jewish monotheism and of what is best in pagan polytheism, and consequently they gloried in it and pointed to it as evidence of the truth of their belief. We have on this the testimony of Gregory of Nyssa - one of the great figures in the history of the philosophic formulation of the doctrine of the Trinity - and his words are repeated by John of Damascus - the last of the Church Fathers.

The Christian conception of God, argues Gregory of Nyssa, is neither the polytheism of the Greeks nor the monotheism of the Jews and consequently it must be true, for ’the truth passes in the mean between these two conceptions, destroying each heresy, and yet, accepting what is useful to it from each. The Jewish dogma is destroyed by the acceptance of the Word and by the belief in the Spirit, while the polytheistic error of the Greek school is made to vanish by the unity of the nature abrogating this imagination of plurality.’”

(Henry Austryn Wolfson, The Philosophy of the Church Fathers, Vol. I, pp. 362-363, Second Edition, Revised)

Reactions: APAK

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I bet/beg to differ bb. He agreed with Peter....

Matt 16:15-17

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
(NIV)
yet what i said still applies i guess; Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God, but only let others say that
and for a good reason too i think If I testify of myself, my testimony is invalid