This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess its a case of reminding those who hurl insults for the sake of it without presenting any valid arguments on the topic, that if they don't like being insulted, then they should not insult others. No one minds a well presented argument....but Enoch never has one. He just likes to call people "liars" and that they are "from the devil".....I don't think I have ever sunk that low....
dunno
I believe we should discuss the truth of God's Word with humility and in a spirit of love. There is so much we still haven't come to fully understand and the Bible says some things are kept hidden until the appointed time.
We all see in part and know in part...
So some are still growing in the knowledge of the Word...you can't expect a new born Christian to be skilled in the Word until he has been taught.
So IMHO, we should lead by example in how we are to walk and talk like Christ.
Have a blessed night

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe we should discuss the truth of God's Word with humility and in a spirit of love. There is so much we still haven't come to fully understand and the Bible says some things are kept hidden until the appointed time.
We all see in part and know in part...
So some are still growing in the knowledge of the Word...you can't expect a new born Christian to be skilled in the Word until he has been taught.
So IMHO, we should lead by example in how we are to walk and talk like Christ.
Have a blessed night
Hi @Heart2Soul 2 Peter 3.18 says: "Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ".

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 12:2 speaks to those who are condemned to a resurrection to judgment for rejecting the gospel of the Kingdom of God. Likened to the unforgivable sin which is to reject the Power of God to forgive and save. To be raised only to return to the grave would be a great shame and something of utter contempt. There is no heaven going and no such thing as an immortal soul. We are animal creatures who are made from dust and we return to dust, which is why the resurrection is an essential Gospel teaching. Without it you have false hope.

I disagree, obviously.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess its a case of reminding those who hurl insults for the sake of it without presenting any valid arguments on the topic, that if they don't like being insulted, then they should not insult others. No one minds a well presented argument....but Enoch never has one. He just likes to call people "liars" and that they are "from the devil".....I don't think I have ever sunk that low....
dunno

Yes, you have sunk that low. You do it in more hidden and passive aggressive ways than Enoch and with more suggestion and innuendo. You do it more “politely.” You maintain plausible deniability. And do you know how I can see that you do it? Because I used to do it too before God showed me it was the useless way of life taught to me by my parents, and that it wasn’t to be my manner any more and brought it into the light, letting me see it very keenly.

Reactions: Brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ah…nope, I can’t even try. I get that you’re accusing me of something but that’s all I can get from your posts most of the time. I can’t figure out exactly what you’re accusing me of because you do not explain it. I don’t know if that’s because you can’t or because you don’t want to.
accusing you of something? ha im just not so good at bringing out the best in ppl i guess, more like i tend to bring out the worst lol. Not meaning to accuse you of anything ok

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
accusing you of something? ha im just not so good at bringing out the best in ppl i guess, more like i tend to bring out the worst lol. Not meaning to accuse you of anything ok

How did you bring out the worst in me…?
I don’t believe you that you weren’t accusing me of something. And it doesn’t make me angry. But I can’t get at exactly what I’m being accused of.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well ok, but you want “me” to get to heaven after you have died and “me” to become an immortal w/o a new name too, right

Here it was. You were saying I wanted you to have eternal life without a new name? I don’t even understand what you’re saying. As I said, I can only glean some sort of accusation in there, as if I…want something bad for you…?

And you haven’t brought out the worst in me. I am not angry or offended. Just confused.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it was. You were saying I wanted you to have eternal life without a new name? I don’t even understand what you’re saying. As I said, I can only glean some sort of accusation in there, as if I…want something bad for you…?

And you haven’t brought out the worst in me. I am not angry or offended. Just confused.

"Just confused." Nooo, Bbyrd is clear as a bell! :D Sry @bbyrd009 you are just a deep thinker ;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How did you bring out the worst in me…?
I don’t believe you that you weren’t accusing me of something. And it doesn’t make me angry. But I can’t get at exactly what I’m being accused of.
i guess a call to self-observation might often come across as accusation? Also “beliefs” in general—about the future i mean—i dont really have, and questioning a belief can be a touchy thing i guess. But you seem quite good hearted, better than me imo, false humility aside :)
and i dont mean to be accusing ok, just trying to suggest ways to examine beliefs, or change perspective

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess a call to self-observation might often come across as accusation? Also “beliefs” in general—about the future i mean—i dont really have, and questioning a belief can be a touchy thing i guess. But you seem quite good hearted, better than me imo, false humility aside :)
and i dont mean to be accusing ok, just trying to suggest ways to examine beliefs, or change perspective

Okay, so you wanted me to self examine. I can do that. I just don’t know what you think I need to self examine about.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well i dunno about “need,” so much as that there might be some revelation in simply changing your perspective on a matter, even temporarily…like a conscious suspension of “belief,” if you will

bc a certain belief in say a definition even, might preclude one from seeing a higher truth
well again you sound really sure, but wadr i would look at that from more than one perspective, other than the um self-centered one iow. But i suspect that that might speak to our spirit, which goes back to Yah, sure :)
she who seeks to save her soul will lose it isnt going away tho i guess
and tbh i guess we are initially shielded from the truth bc it is not so pleasant; like finding out santa claus isnt real, more or less?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you want me to self examine whether I want…eternal life? It’s a bad thing to want or look forward to…?
no, unless the definitions for one of those terms is skewed, and then yes, sort of
is it “bad” to desire immortality? idk if “bad” is the right adjective, but obv it is centered on self, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and it will inevitably lead to a lot of “do this, dont do that” which i could even track down the passage, that it seems you have prolly mostly overcome at this point, the “churchy” culture thing…

but we still seek to save our souls, right? What does

He who seeks to save his soul will lose it even mean?
So you want me to self examine whether I want…eternal life? It’s a bad thing to want or look forward to…?
these two are pretty close together, huh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so yes, i suggest that you examine whether you even want “eternal life,” in a sense anyway
or at least see that he who seeks to save his soul will lose it

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I think I finally have some sort of connection to what you’re doing in your head…

You’re seeing the verse this way? If you seek to have eternal life you will lose eternal life?

I don’t see it that way. I see it more like…you must give up your life on earth to find eternal life. It’s more (to me) like…a life FOR a life.

Don’t know how clear I made that…

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Okay, I think I finally have some sort of connection to what you’re doing in your head…

You’re seeing the verse this way? If you seek to have eternal life you will lose eternal life?

I don’t see it that way. I see it more like…you must give up your life on earth to find eternal life. It’s more (to me) like…a life FOR a life.

Don’t know how clear I made that…
ok, you could be right, but see that it might also be something like “someone who believes that they might become immortal in an ‘afterlife’ might easily be persuaded to neglect things that would make this life better” I came that you might have life, more abundantly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i mean we literally have “believers” openly declaring how they hate this life on earth, eh

and i have also heard, on this forum, more than once, believers stating that if they could not become immortal then there was abs no point to Christianity

these are both…grave sins, imo, and these ppl are lost
at least right now, imo