This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So part of my paradigm shift, which I’m sure you guys will get sick of hearing about, is that…everything is geared toward souls. The world is set up to cater to and provide for and help souls. Most preaching is this way too, to edify souls.

But what God does, and wants, is the splitting asunder of soul (outer man) and spirit (inner man). The cutting away of the soul and the edifying of the Spirit. He doesn’t want to edify the outer man, He wants that outer man to pick up his cross. This is why we should never cater to or confirm or validate or coddle or build up someone’s outer man (or our own!). If we do it, we do nothing to help them and a lot to hurt them.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am really joyful with you H2Soul, stay/remain strong in Christ Jesus.
The shalom peace to you and family and I believe we are in the home stretch in this race we are running.
J.
Found this from Dr Brown

The fact is that the ancient rabbis also dealt
with the question of how the invisible
God could interact with human beings,
using the Aramaic term Memra’, which
means “the word” to personify God. In
other words, God’s “word” is depicted as
an extension of Himself, performing His
divine will (see Ps. 107:20 and Isa. 55:10-
12), with the most dramatic example
found in the creation account, in which
God created all things by speaking.
The Aramaic Targums further developed
this concept of the divine Memra’, often
speaking of “the word of the Lord” rather than “the Lord Himself.” Compare the
following examples in which the scrip-
tural passage comes first and the Targum
(the Aramaic translation of the ancient
rabbis) follows:
Gen. 1:27 God created man
The Word of the LORD
created man (Targum
Pseudo-Jonathan)
Num. 10:35 Rise up, O LORD!
Rise up, O Word of the
LORD!
Isa. 45:17 Israel will be saved by
the LORD
Israel will be saved by
the Word of the LORD
Perhaps most interesting is the Targum’s
rendition of Genesis 28:20-21. Whereas
the Hebrew reads, “If God will be with
me . . . then the Lord will be my God,” the
Targum reads, “If the Word of the Lord will
be with me . . . then the Word of the Lord
will be my God.” We have to keep in mind
that these words echoed in the ears of
those who attended the synagogues over
the centuries; they heard over and over
again that Jacob’s God was the Word of
the Lord!
If we were to go to the beginning of the
Gospel of John and substitute Memra’
for “word,” we would get the following
text: “In the beginning was the Memra’,
and the Memra’ was with God, and the
Memra’ was God. He was with God in
the beginning. Through him all things
were made” ( John 1:1-3). This is sounding quite Jewish! The main difference
is that while the manifestations of God
in the Hebrew Scriptures occurred episodically, being few and far between and
only lasting briefly, the miracle of God’s
self-disclosure in Yeshua is that this manifestation lasted for thirty-three years.
The Gospel of John goes further, saying,
“The Memra’ became flesh and took up
residence among us. We observed His
glory, the glory of the One and Only Son
from the Father, full of grace and truth”
( John 1:14, adapted from the CSB).
The Greek phrase for “made His dwelling among us” literally means “to pitch
a tent” or “to tabernacle.” Just as YHWH
pitched his tent in Israel (i.e. the tent
of meeting), so too has His tent been
pitched among us in the person of Yeshua. What an incredible act of divine condescension, and yet at the same time, He
filled the universe with His presence.The
word John uses in his Gospel for Memra’
is logos, a Jewish Greek concept that was
described in detail by Philo. According to
The Oxford Dictionary of Jewish Religion,
p. 423, Philo used the idea of the logos
to bridge the gap between the
transcendent God of Judaism and
the divine principle experienced
by human beings. This view of
the Logos as a mediating principle between God and creation
could link up with . . . the concept
of meimra (Aram.; “word”) in
Targum literature (especially as it
appears in Targum Onkelos).
One might ask, “Doesn’t this violate the
Shema, which declares God’s unity?”

That is a terrific question, since this is a fundamental concept of Judaism. But there is
absolutely no violation of our profession
of faith in the Shema, since the word ’echad
denotes oneness, not absolute unity.

Interestingly, the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902-1994),
perhaps the most influential rabbi of the
modern era, makes this striking point:
Echad means ‘one’ . . . But is
echad the ideal word to express
the divine unity? Like its English
equivalent, the word does not
preclude the existence of other
objects . . . nor does it preclude its
object being composed of parts.

(Cited from “The Numerology of
Redemption”)
The oneness the Shema speaks of is like
the oneness of night and day (Gen. 1:5),
the oneness of man and woman who
have become one flesh (Gen. 2:24), or
the unity of the assortment of various
pieces coming together to form the Tabernacle (Exod. 36:13). God’s oneness
is similar to these types of unity. In the
centuries after Yeshua manifested Himself to Israel, Christian theologians recognized this complex unity in God, calling Him a trinity, i.e. Father, Son, and
Holy Spirit, but this concept does not
speak of three gods. Rather, it speaks of
God in His complex unity.

7 secrets of the real Messiah.

Enjoy
J.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all respect H2S, you would be the first in Christian history to do so.
I believe...and in referring to the Trinity as "it" because the Trinity is a doctrine of faith.
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit is who the Trinity is composed of.

With my medical knowledge of how medicine views the human person, I compared it with scripture.
We treat the body, mind(soul), and spirit in order to achieve complete healing in a person.
If we only treat the body and the mind is ill then all we have done is put a bandaid on the problem...so to speak. We incorporate their spiritual beliefs as part of the healing process. If they are in conflict with their beliefs we offer our onduty staff ministers to pray with them.
We treat the whole person...not just the body.

So in my understanding we are made in His image...which I believe includes our triune makeup....I am one with 3 components of my existence...and each of my 3 components affect and need the other yet they are separate.
The mind is the battlefield....the flesh is warring with the spirit daily....and our spirit is eternal. When we die it continues to exist.

Then when I read Isaiah 45 my eyes were opened to see how complex His nature truly is.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So part of my paradigm shift, which I’m sure you guys will get sick of hearing about, is that…everything is geared toward souls. The world is set up to cater to and provide for and help souls. Most preaching is this way too, to edify souls.

But what God does, and wants, is the splitting asunder of soul (outer man) and spirit (inner man). The cutting away of the soul and the edifying of the Spirit. He doesn’t want to edify the outer man, He wants that outer man to pick up his cross. This is why we should never cater to or confirm or validate or coddle or build up someone’s outer man (or our own!). If we do it, we do nothing to help them and a lot to hurt them.
so, are you still trying to get your soul into heaven after you have died, or no

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm…I do see a trinity. I never did see it before but I suddenly do.
I see:
God the Father as everything we don’t know and haven’t seen or experienced, a light so bright no man can approach.
And then of course I see what I have already seen and known, Jesus, and Gods Spirit that is in me.

Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, are you still trying to get your soul into heaven after you have died, or no

No…although I do think there are parts of me that will be retained, but they are the parts that He has and is healing. My mind, will and emotions. They will be retained because He renews and heals them and puts them where they belong in me - not ruling over me but…in their proper place…

It still would seem weird to me though to pray, oh God, thus and thus. Since He is all that I don’t know, I can’t even fathom praying that way…

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hmm…I do see a trinity. I never did see it before but I suddenly do.
I see:
God the Father as everything we don’t know and haven’t seen or experienced, a light so bright no man can approach.
And then of course I see what I have already seen and known, Jesus, and Gods Spirit that is in me.
I said "you are Elohim"

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are free to think so....but “thinking” so means nothing if our thinking is not accurate. We all hope that we are right, but only Jesus knows whether we will make the grade. “Many” will assume that they have it all right at the judgment, but they will be shown to be mistaken...and to their horror, completely rejected. (Matthew 7:21-23) Jesus will judge righteously, not sentimentally.

I think you need to read that again.....
Look at the the words that you highlighted....these are speaking about the elect in verse 10 ruling earthly subjects, but the following verse 11, where the highlighting is, this is speaking about angels and others standing around about the throne...ten thousand times ten thousand of them.

What are they saying in verse 12? The “Lamb” (Jesus) is “worthy” “to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.” From whom does the Lamb receive all these things? Can God gift himself of the things he already possesses?

Verse 13 tells us that “every creature” whether angelic or earthly are heard saying... “Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”
There are two mentioned here, receiving honour. One sitting on the throne, (The Father) AND the Lamb, (Jesus Christ) but where is the third and supposedly equal part of your trinity? He is MIA as “he” is in almost every mention of Father and son together.

So “thinking” we are correct is one thing, and “being” correct in our thinking is another matter altogether. We will stick to what we 'love'.....to what our hearts are drawn to.....but if it isn’t the truth, then our devotion to an idea that is erroneous will never lead us to life.(Matthew 7:13-14)
Satan is very determined to take as many down with him as he can deceive....especially in these 'last days'....

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12....
"The arrival of the lawless one will be by Satan’s working with all kinds of miracles and signs and false wonders, 10 and with every kind of evil deception directed against those who are perishing, because they found no place in their hearts for the truth so as to be saved. 11 Consequently God sends on them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false. 12 And so all of them who have not believed the truth but have delighted in evil will be condemned." (NET)

The "truth" "found no place in the hearts" of those who will "perish"....why? Because it seems like a lie to them, and the lie has been presented as truth for so long, that the majority believe it and will defend it strongly. God allows this delusion because it is not in the hearts of these people to dismiss it. So until the judgment comes, we will labour under our delusions until Jesus reveals who has the truth. Seeing as how "no one can come to the son" without an invitation from the Father, its a wait and see...isn't it? (John 6:65)
I guess so, isn't it?
Shalom Aunty Jane
J.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes. I am sure He will not take away our entire mind, will and emotions. He heals them.
ah, i guess you maybe forgot that you invented most of those, all by yourself :D
the thing about a new name might give you pause?
but dont get me wrong, i understand that the desire for immortality is a strong and persistent one

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i guess you maybe forgot that you invented most of those, all by yourself :D
the thing about a new name might give you pause?
but dont get me wrong, i understand that the desire for immortality is a strong and persistent one

I didn’t invent them. Anger is an emotion. Cain became angry.
Sometimes you work yourself so far into the nothing can be known at all corner that conversation becomes completely meaningless. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

oh, no...i did
with the "God pls do this" and "God pls bless that" and the corporate prayers...yikes
The fact that Jesus Himself promised
A. eternal life...aka conditional immortality... And
B. That He and the Father would be more delighted to answer prayers than a loving earthly father.
Both fairly good reasons to expect both don't you think... That's the meaning of faith after all... Trust in God's promises.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A) well, fwiw id be exploring the Scriptural def of “eternal” there, which is surely not what they teach, ok
I didn’t invent them. Anger is an emotion. Cain became angry
ha the way ppl listen lol, speaks volumes sometimes

so, you chose the one that we choose i guess, sure, but the other two i was referring to
Well, children do try to manipulate and get their way you know
Sometimes you work yourself so far into the nothing can be known at all corner that conversation becomes completely meaningless
ah

is that apropos of a new name or the desire for immortality?

but i meant to refer to when you could look in a mirror and not recognize your own face; remember?
pretty hard thing to remember, at least without some…help, but luckily we have a constant supply of little kids to observe huh? So weird to me, that you can observe, even have simple conversations with, this little person who does not recognize that they are separate yet.

and it is invariably a profound revelation to us, at 18 months or so, when it does happen, but it passes virtually unremarked i guess, as we dont yet have the vocabulary to express our thoughts…
“he’s one year old, he doesnt have opinions”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
B. That He and the Father would be more delighted to answer prayers than a loving earthly father.
Both fairly good reasons to expect both don't you think... That's the meaning of faith after all... Trust in God's promises.
id have to ask for a Quote for part…A, up there…this guy seems to think so too i guess, but how do you extract that from this? Bc “I WILL DELIVER THEE?” diff concept, imo

In Psalm 50:15 God invites us to “CALL UPON ME in the day of trouble: I WILL DELIVER THEE, and thou shalt glorify Me.” God delights to answer our prayers when we are going through crisis, He will always answer our prayer for deliverance and salvation.Sep 17, 2017
Five prayers that God delights to answer - The Guardian Nigeria
bc near as i can tell he is just making stuff up, wadr
but that was a pretty quick search, im open to being enlightened there
however for now ima stick with “Yah does not even hear most pagan Christian prayers” and ill provide Support if asked

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha the way ppl listen lol, speaks volumes sometimes

so, you chose the one that we choose i guess, sure, but the other two i was referring to

Well how was I supposed to know it was only the other two you were referring to…? Can’t read your mind Byrd.

Reactions: bbyrd009