This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
okay, pick a different one. Your mind. God is not renewing our minds just to get rid of what He renews.
well again you sound really sure, but wadr i would look at that from more than one perspective, other than the um self-centered one iow. But i suspect that that might speak to our spirit, which goes back to Yah, sure :)
she who seeks to save her soul will lose it isnt going away tho i guess
and tbh i guess we are initially shielded from the truth bc it is not so pleasant; like finding out santa claus isnt real, more or less?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well again you sound really sure, but wadr i would look at that from more than one perspective, other than the um self-centered one iow. But i suspect that that might speak to our spirit, which goes back to Yah, sure :)

I have no idea what you were trying to convey here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have no idea what you were trying to convey here.
ya…im just about done talking sbg, mostly for that reason lol
obv its me, not you

anyway, i could try a redux, or maybe an example, if one comes to mind…
um, it can be easy to assume that we deserve a reward for something that we were supposed to be doing anyway? And chores come across as punishment to a certain perception? Not saying that’s you, just some related thoughts

it might be contemplated that we need a renewing of our minds bc of what occurrence? What started the olding of our minds? terrible twos comes to mind

you limit who can view your full profile? ha didnt even know that was a thing…
may i ask your real name, im mark

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya…im just about done talking sbg, mostly for that reason lol
obv its me, not you

anyway, i could try a redux, or maybe an example, if one comes to mind…
um, it can be easy to assume that we deserve a reward for something that we were supposed to be doing anyway? And chores come across as punishment to a certain perception? Not saying that’s you, just some related thoughts

it might be contemplated that we need a renewing of our minds bc of what occurrence? What started the olding of our minds? terrible twos comes to mind

you limit who can view your full profile? ha didnt even know that was a thing…
may i ask your real name, im mark

I didn’t know I limited who can view my profile…I’m not even sure what my profile is…
My name is Jennie.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn’t know I limited who can view my profile…I’m not even sure what my profile is…
My name is Jennie.
ok, so i dunno how to do this w/o shrooms, jennie, but if you could get back to the place where your name was just a sound to you, where “jennie” did not mean “me” yet…sensory deprivation works too, but it can be harsh. the hallucinations tho, wow. anyway, there is a point :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, so i dunno how to do this w/o shrooms, jennie, but if you could get back to the place where your name was just a sound to you, where “jennie” did not mean “me” yet…sensory deprivation works too, but it can be harsh. the hallucinations tho, wow. anyway, there is a point :)

uh…no thanks! Did shrooms when I was younger. Didn’t like it at all! I did recently discover gummies (quite by accident) though and one sixth of one is great for aches and pains but without altering your state. A beer or two occasionally also relaxes my muscles.
I’m me. I have no desire to get into an altered state where I am not. o_O I want to see me accurately so I know what I lack and can pray for what I need.

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NEED YOUR OPINION….

I have a 9yr old son. He’s of the YouTube generation LOL. Anyways, he wanted to make videos (like everyone else is doing) and upload the content on YouTube.

I was hesitant at first to let him do this. But then he told me that he realized he did not want to do the type of videos that everyone else is making. He said he’s “not supposed to be like the world” so he wanted to do something different.

He came up with the idea of a brief biblical discussion (1-2 min long) — basically anything that’s on his mind relating to Scripture. He’s only made 2 videos— I’ve attached one of his videos below. Can you please tell me what you think of him doing this on YouTube at such a young age ?

You might want to start a new thread for this. I doubt you're going to get the exposure and feedback you'd like here. Welcome to the forum! :)

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!

emot-sotw.gif
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
emot-sotw.gif
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
emot-sotw.gif

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
uh…no thanks! Did shrooms when I was younger. Didn’t like it at all! I did recently discover gummies (quite by accident) though and one sixth of one is great for aches and pains but without altering your state. A beer or two occasionally also relaxes my muscles.
I’m me. I have no desire to get into an altered state where I am not. o_O I want to see me accurately so I know what I lack and can pray for what I need.
ha well ok, but you want “me” to get to heaven after you have died and “me” to become an immortal w/o a new name too, right

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah…nope, I can’t even try. I get that you’re accusing me of something but that’s all I can get from your posts most of the time. I can’t figure out exactly what you’re accusing me of because you do not explain it. I don’t know if that’s because you can’t or because you don’t want to.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@bbyrd009
KJV Luke 11:5-12
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

KJV John 14:12-15
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

There of course are conditions, and limitations... For example, we cannot ask for stuff to simply gratify greed and selfishness, and of course there's this...

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, so the above answered B. You were asking about A.

But is not eternal life included in 'anything" above?
KJV John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

KJV Revelation 2:11
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

KJV Revelation 21:4-8
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Surely Mark you don't think these promises of life are only temporary?

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God has long dispensed with fleshly Israel because he fulfilled his covenant with them even though they never kept to their own part. Once he had produced their Messiah, he was done with their disobedience....so he chose a new nation made up of a "remnant" of fleshly Israel as was prophesied, but the majority taken from all nations, peoples and languages. (Romans 9:27-29; Matthew 21:42-43; Acts 15:14)

Hey Jane,

I know it's been a couple of days...been busy.

I'm interested in your beliefs concerning natural Israel (red text concerns me a little) when the Lord returns. Where do you see them fitting into the prophetic Word? Do you spiritualise Luke 22:28 Luke 22:29 Luke 22:30 what of the "Holy Oblation" &..Ezekiel 47 - end??? Do you see a literal Temple in the Kingdom Age? Like the 144,000, I don't see the need to be dogmatic but for interests sake I am curious.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was reading back through this thread to see where it was I began to be fully aware of that paradigm shift. HERE is where I first became fully aware of it, when reading that Daniel verse.

I saw with more clarity the other half of the gospel. I saw the first resurrection and judgement to honor or dishonor and outer darkness forever.

And I saw the second resurrection and judgement, after the thousand years, but not as clearly, as life or the second death. I mean, I did see it as clearly but…there will be less asked of many there.

So some of the first will be last and some of the last will be first.

And so now I see even more clearly what epi means when he says, we will be judged by what we did with what we were given, not on what we believe/doctrine.

Daniel 12:2 speaks to those who are condemned to a resurrection to judgment for rejecting the gospel of the Kingdom of God. Likened to the unforgivable sin which is to reject the Power of God to forgive and save. To be raised only to return to the grave would be a great shame and something of utter contempt. There is no heaven going and no such thing as an immortal soul. We are animal creatures who are made from dust and we return to dust, which is why the resurrection is an essential Gospel teaching. Without it you have false hope.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no heaven going and no such thing as an immortal soul.
Why do you even bother? Why not just say "I am done with the Bible. It is no better than Grimm's Fairy Tales"? You should not be falsely presenting yourself as "Christian" in your avatar. "Unbeliever" would be totally honest.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you even bother? Why not just say "I am done with the Bible. It is no better than Grimm's Fairy Tales"? You should not be falsely presenting yourself as "Christian" in your avatar. "Unbeliever" would be totally honest.

Rather than having a sulk why don't you put forth your evidence?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Jane,

I know it's been a couple of days...been busy.
No worries...it’s busy life.
hello

I'm interested in your beliefs concerning natural Israel (red text concerns me a little) when the Lord returns. Where do you see them fitting into the prophetic Word?
I see them fitting in as the scriptures tell us.
Why did God choose the Israelites in the first place, and what role were they to play in biblical history?

The Bible tells us that God chose Abraham (the only person in the Bible to be called “Jehovah’s friend”) to be the father of a great nation through whom a seed would come....this was part of Christ's credentials.
James 2:21-23....
“Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend.”

So what was the relationship of this nation to Jehovah? It was the only nation on earth to be in a covenant relationship with their God, with every individual obligated by birth to keep the laws God gave to them, with often severe penalties if they failed to uphold them. But along with the penalties, God also provided a way to forgive repentant ones with a sacrificial system that could grant temporary forgiveness, and that needed to be repeated often. Blood was used to represent life.
God gave a perfect law to imperfect people to remind them on a regular basis of the need for the promised seed.....their Messiah...the savior who would bring the rulership of God's Kingdom to the earth and install the Israelites as his "kings and priests".

Because they were in a covenant with Jehovah, he had told them that it was based on their obedience to his commands, (Exodus 19:5-6) which if we check Israel’s history, they never were. So from God’s standpoint he kept his end of the covenant in force until his purpose in connection with his chosen nation was fulfilled.

Isaiah had prophesied that "only a remnant" of natural Israel would be saved, (Romans 9:27) and Jesus was sent only to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel”....he was not sent to the corrupt religious leaders, whom he pronounced as incorrigible in Matthew 23....bound for “Gehenna”.

He finished his judgment on Israel with these words...
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you. 39 For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’”

In the intervening two thousand years, the natural Jews as a nation have never “blessed the one who came in Jehovah's name”....the one Jehovah sent to to save them. They reject him as much today as they did back in the first century.

So in lieu of that situation God chose a new nation to serve as "the Israel of God" (Galatians 6:16). These were made up of the faithful Jews who accepted Jesus as Messiah, and also the Gentile believers who came into God's nation later. (Acts 15:14) Fleshly Israel was cast off...abandoned, stripped of the right to be God's "royal priesthood and a holy nation". (Matthew 21:43)

Do you spiritualise Luke 22:28 Luke 22:29 Luke 22:30
This promise made to his apostles on the night that he instituted the new covenant.
“However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel."

These were the first, or foundation members of "the Israel of God"......spiritual Israel. (Romans 2:28-29; Galatians 3:29)
Fleshly Israel counted on their fleshly relationship with Abraham to see them through their disobedience, but as John B told the Pharisees....
"Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children for Abraham from these stones. 10 The ax is already lying at the root of the trees. Every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire." (Matthew 3:9-10) The ax fell...the trees were cut down.

what of the "Holy Oblation" &..Ezekiel 47 - end???
All that was promised to fleshly Israel was passed on to spiritual Israel. Types and shadows are all there in the Hebrew scriptures.

Do you see a literal Temple in the Kingdom Age?
I see a spiritual temple in heaven that was represented by the physical Temple in Jerusalem.
It was no coincidence that the literal temple in Jerusalem was destroyed after Christ's death, but never rebuilt. There was no longer a need for a physical temple.
Since God's royal priesthood serves in this spiritual temple they are taken from the earth and "born again", resurrected in a spiritual body just as Jesus was to serve God as High Priest along with his elect, and bring blessing to redeemed mankind on earth. (Revelation 21:2-4)

Like the 144,000, I don't see the need to be dogmatic but for interests sake I am curious
It simply makes sense as we study the scriptures and a 'big picture' emerges that ties Genesis and Revelation together as the beginning and end of one story.....the salvation of the human race, enslaved to sin and death through the actions of one man (Romans 5:12) until a benevolent benefactor provided the redemption price....willingly and lovingly, to free them and restore them to the life God first purposed for the human race...everlasting life in paradise on earth.....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...he doesn't have any....he's a hit and run artist.
max
He just likes to drop insults....
Like you're doing now? Sorry, not picking on you but honestly isn't this hypocritical to accuse someone of insulting members with using insults against him?o_O

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like you're doing now? Sorry, not picking on you but honestly isn't this hypocritical to accuse someone of insulting members with using insults against him?o_O
I guess its a case of reminding those who hurl insults for the sake of it without presenting any valid arguments on the topic, that if they don't like being insulted, then they should not insult others. No one minds a well presented argument....but Enoch never has one. He just likes to call people "liars" and that they are "from the devil".....I don't think I have ever sunk that low....
dunno

Reactions: face2face