This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said “you are Elohim”
i dont know how anyone can read this and come away saying that you are not God
:)

Lol. Well, for starters, I’ve not lived my entire life without sin, but Jesus did. So at least some amount of reason and honesty must be employed!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Lol. Well, for starters, I’ve not lived my entire life without sin, but Jesus did. So at least some amount of reason and honesty must be employed!
well, we understand that Jesus did at our remove, yes, but there were plenty of accusers in His day i guess; which must have a point, no? How could God have detractors? Iow a perfect being would still generate complaints. hmm.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They assume a denial of the trinity is tantamount to a denial of Christ's deity: not so.
They also make the assumption that an acceptance of the deity of Christ must of necessity mean an acceptance also of the trinity. Not so.

Most excellent!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, we understand that Jesus did at our remove, yes, but there were plenty of accusers in His day i guess; which must have a point, no? How could God have detractors? Iow a perfect being would still generate complaints. hmm.

I might just leave you to think about that a bit more but it’s so apparent that I have to point it out. Did a perfect Being generate complaints before Jesus came in human form? Like…in the desert maybe?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...So there’s more mystery to this than meets the eye.
So then is it not a greater or lesser mystery to different people? Perhaps even to some, due to what God has given them, it is no apparent mystery at all.

One thing seems to be certain... to me at least: People who believe God are in different places in their walk with God. We should be very slow to presume another must be wrong because we cannot see his point of view and even slower to criticize or condemn them.

In the flesh there are babies, teenagers, middle-aged and elderly people. They do not all know all things or understand all things or agree in all things according to the flesh. Perhaps in the Spirit, people are similarly in different places, but who is able to see as easily as one may see the fleshly differences?

Who is growing?

"And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him." Luke 2:40

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

Who has fully grown and matured in all of the things of God? Not me!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I once read that anyone claiming to understand the Trinity is full of rubbish because the RCC invented it and not even they can explain the Trinity. I agree. It's a mystery they say.
So get off your high horses and stop talking all that garbage trying the explain the unexplainable cos even the RCC says it makes no sense. At least admit you could be wrong as I do instead of being so conceited in pride.

We are humans, fallible, prone to error.
Well I am anyway I confess
Many of you cannot admit this

"I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God" John 20:17

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again, the WCF chpt 2, part 3 states;
“3. In the unity of the Godhead there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost: the Father is of none, neither begotten, nor proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son.”

pretty simple stuff, dont over think it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then is it not a greater or lesser mystery to different people? Perhaps even to some, due to what God has given them, it is no apparent mystery at all.

One thing seems to be certain... to me at least: People who believe God are in different places in their walk with God. We should be very slow to presume another must be wrong because we cannot see his point of view and even slower to criticize or condemn them.

In the flesh there are babies, teenagers, middle-aged and elderly people. They do not all know all things or understand all things or agree in all things according to the flesh. Perhaps in the Spirit, people are similarly in different places, but who is able to see as easily as one may see the fleshly differences?

Who is growing?

"And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him." Luke 2:40

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

Who has fully grown and matured in all of the things of God? Not me!

It such a true statement that you shared here, and I like how you incorporated Jesus in the mix. He himself as a child, needed to grow in the old testament scriptures and he would frequent the temple and learn from others, but at the same time, would be explaining things that sent them into amazement.

I believe it is similar today, for those who are seeking for truth. Someone may have some information that another person had not thought of or had learned about when it comes to the Bible and they share it, and seek out by testing whatever is said they will grow in their spiritual knowledge and it will help them, increase in wisdom. Not that it was from ourselves but it was from the Father who helped us learn from allowing us to find wisdom, and wisdom is founded Christ, and I believe there is wisdom to be found stretched through out the entirety of the Bible, AMA.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace

And those who saw Jesus and did not realize what they were seeing, what does that mean?

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away." John 20:15

"And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
But their eyes were holden that they should not know him." Luke 24:14-16

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

And then what is it that people see in those who are the Light now? Do they see a man, or a son of God or...?

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so right away we can see that God cannot be his own servant.
This is an assumption.

Isaiah 55:10-11
[10]For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
[11]So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

How can scripture be any more clear and plain and you/others won't accept it?? The Word of God (Jesus) was always with God (the Father) and was sent forth from God to accomplish what He/God send it to do. And then, when He had accomplished the Father's will, He went to the cross, and we hear Him say, "It is finished!" And it didn't end there, because He is risen and sits at the right hand of the Father ....our Great High Priest who ever intercedes for His people!

It doesn't matter how hard you try to dance around the truth, it's still the truth. The scripture in John chapter one uses the same word for God the Father as it does for the Word that was made flesh and dwelt among men. It can't mean two separate things. And plus ....since all things were made by Him (the Word that was made flesh and dwelt among men) and without Him was not anything made that was made .....what you're saying is that a (little "g") "god" is the Word of God and is the Creator who made everything?? Twist, twist, twist ....it will never work and will never be the truth.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reading that scripture through a different lens, it is quite clear to me that he is not Almighty God.

We are all made in God’s image....it means that we possess his qualities...but it doesn’t mean that we are all God.

The son had a beginning.....the Father did not.
“Begotten” means that the Father had to exist before his son....just like it is with us.

Jesus is the appointed “Mediator between God and men”.....if Jesus was God, again that makes no sense.

Does your Bible really say that Jesus had a beginning??

An authentic Bible says the opposite!

“First, his name means “king of righteousness.” Then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” Without father or mother or genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God, he remains a priest for all time.” Heb 7

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well…that’s the thing. I MUST say BOTH men are wrong who discard one set of scriptures as not true and accept only the ones that seem to say the opposite when BOTH sets are true. I CAN see both points of view. The problem isnt that I can’t. The problem is in saying one scripture is true but the other isnt.
And I didn’t condemn anyone. I was declared blasphemous and arrogant moron. I was said to have personally attacked when I didn’t attack anyone. I was said to be angry when I’m not angry. So there is not a problem here of me condemning anyone, being angry, committing blasphemy, or attacking anyone. The problem is gaslighting/being told I have done what I have not or said what I have not. It’s an awful set of tactics not worthy of us and we should stop using them.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well…that’s the thing. I MUST say BOTH men are wrong who discard one set of scriptures as not true and accept only the ones that seem to say the opposite when BOTH sets are true. I CAN see both points of view. The problem isnt that I can’t. The problem is in saying one scripture is true but the other isnt.

And I didn’t condemn anyone. I was declared blasphemous and arrogant moron. I was said to have personally attacked when I didn’t attack anyone. I was said to be angry when I’m not angry. So there is not a problem here of me condemning anyone, being angry, committing blasphemy, or attacking anyone. The problem is gaslighting/being told I have done what I have not or said what I have not. It’s an awful set of tactics not worthy of us and we should stop using them.
We should all be becoming more like Jesus and his Father all of the time. I believe that God made it a real possibility, but instead of continuing to seek and to grow, some, [or so it seems to me], move into tactics like those you mention.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should all be becoming more like Jesus and his Father all of the time. I believe that God made it a real possibility, but instead of continuing to seek and to grow, some, [or so it seems to me], move into tactics like those you mention.

They are fallen human tactics everyone uses and parries with at times. Some take it to dizzying heights though and are pervasive and toxic in their use. It’s the useless way of life we were taught by our parents and should increasingly become our former way of life as He guides, instructs and increases us in knowledge of them.

Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And this is not a popular thing to say but satan uses these tactics THROUGH us and through our outer man to create chaos, confusion and bitterness. We need to not be unaware of his tactics or he will toss us around.

Reactions: Azim

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are fallen human tactics everyone uses and parries with at times. Some take it to dizzying heights though and are pervasive and toxic in their use. It’s the useless way of life we were taught by our parents and should increasingly become our former way of life as He guides, instructs and increases us in knowledge of them.

This is what happens I believe when sola scriptura is inserted in belief systems… the use of the Bible becomes a weapon and not a guide book to help one see something perhaps someone may be asking a question about.

It becomes a book of you must adhere to this or your a heretic and you are cut off from God because I said so… we as human beings can cause problems and it all from the way a person has been taught, those who actually have mental problems is a different story like those with Autism.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A time of famine of the Word of God is upon many as what we name as churches often do teach very little of the Truth.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it." Amos 8:11-12

Is there no hope today then? People still have hope IF they are really hungry and thirsty for the right things...

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what happens I believe when sola scriptura is inserted in belief systems… the use of the Bible becomes a weapon and not a guide book to help one see something perhaps someone may be asking a question about.

It becomes a book of you must adhere to this or your a heretic and you are cut off from God because I said so… we as human beings can cause problems and it all from the way a person has been taught, those who actually have mental problems is a different story like those with Autism.

Yes, a weapon to beat the other servants with. It’s not of the Spirit. It’s not of our healing.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A time of famine of the Word of God is upon many as what we name as churches often do teach very little of the Truth.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it." Amos 8:11-12

Is there no hope today then? People still have hope IF they are really hungry and thirsty for the right things...

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

There is hope. From the head to the feet are wounds and bitter hurts but He wants to, and will, heal us, soundness of the mind and emotions and whole body and being is what He desires for us.
But in a war, there are tactics meant to take out communication, create confusion, chaos, anger and fear. So we need to not be ignorant of the war tactics because there absolutely is a war and we find ourselves in it. And to use the words of Zadai, if we think there’s no war, that’s just ignorance gone to seed.

Reactions: Jostler and amadeus