those that came out of the great tribulation when were they saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds nice, but the timing seems off. Besides only half and hour when He was suffering much longer than that?

Someone also suggested silent prayer. Personally, I haven't a clue what that verse is referring to. Do you think half an hour would be long enough for heaven to be abandoned with all the angels and saints coming with Jesus to earth for the second coming?
Well there were seven statements He Made on the cross. Quote me stating He only suffered an 1/2 hour.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 11:1-2,10 KJV
[1] And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: [2] And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord ; [10] And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding ‘from the foundation of the world’ ...consider from what ‘foundation’; what world or age without end? There is only one foundation of God which stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

There are countless threads on ‘the end of the world’ along with ‘from the foundation’...so from the foundation of which world... ‘the end’? ...from which foundation not built upon sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. Matthew 7:27

Revelation 13:8-9 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. [9] If any man have an ear, let him hear.

2 Timothy 2:18-19 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. [19] Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

1 Corinthians 3:9-11 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. (House, habitation, mansion) 10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. [11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world...other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (No other foundation can any man lay than is laid, which is by Jesus Christ). 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:18-19 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. [19] Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Isaiah 28:16-17 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. [17] Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

Only an opinion butthe waters shall overflow the hiding place.’ Sounds like water baptism where the waters ‘shall overflow’ the hiding place; the heart where those secret things hidden and done in darkness are thought to be ‘the hiding place’ until ‘when the overflowing scourge shall pass through’ Isaiah 28:18-20 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it. [19] From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report. [20] For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it : and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that we can indeed know when THE END is coming. Not the day nor hour, but we can know. The time is at hand.

Luke 21:28 (NKJV)
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.

The way Apostle Paul said it was knowing the times and the seasons (1 Thess.5). The way our Lord Jesus said it was a command to 'watch', meaning watch the Signs He gave leading up to His return. That's how I explain it because that is how God's Word defines it.

So while there's some so-called brethren out there busy trying to disclaim anyone preaching about those Signs, they don't know that Lord Jesus actually 'commanded' His faithful servants to understand those Signs and be watching them leading up to His return. He was very good to His servants in giving us those Signs in His Word so we would know, yet the devil's children have duped many brethren away from it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds nice, but the timing seems off. Besides only half an hour when He was suffering much longer than that?

Someone also suggested silent prayer. Personally, I haven't a clue what that verse is referring to. Do you think half an hour would be long enough for heaven to be abandoned with all the angels and saints coming with Jesus to earth for the second coming?

agree with @Waiting on him on not being absolute on anything. Also, see (yet only as an opinion) the silence as when every mouth was stopped when iniquity shut her mouth, when the mouth of the lion was shut before Him... a mourning. Mostly because I can’t think of nothing else which brings such a silence. Like Job where he put a hand over his mouth and stopped talking. Like the passage...a time to be silent and a time to speak. As far as ‘a half an hour’ is that long enough for Him to suffer? What is ‘half an hour’ ...in the NT it says God suffers the vessels of destruction that His mercy might be made manifest. A fruit of the Spirit is ‘long-suffering’ and ‘patience’ and He is patient for the precious fruit. Speaking of time consider ‘this is your hour, and the power of darkness’ Luke 22:52-53 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves? [53] When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

An hour ‘this is your hour, and the power of darkness.’ With how many hours are in a day
Mark 15:32-34 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him. [33] And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. [34] And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

John 4:6-7 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. [7] There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

John 19:28-30 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. [29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. [30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Acts 10:9-11 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: [10] And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, [11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

Point is...what is the space of half an hour...what is silence ...what is an hour in ‘this is your hour of darkness’ ...what is a day...is the space of half an hour there was silence; is that space half of the ‘this is your hour, the hour of darkness?’ Matthew 20:12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding ‘from the foundation of the world’ ...consider from what ‘foundation’; what world or age without end? There is only one foundation of God which stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

There are countless threads on ‘the end of the world’ along with ‘from the foundation’...so from the foundation of which world... ‘the end’? ...from which foundation not built upon sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. Matthew 7:27

Revelation 13:8-9 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. [9] If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

1 Corinthians 3:9-11 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. (House, habitation, mansion) 10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. [11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world...other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (No other foundation can any man lay than is laid, which is by Jesus Christ). 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Well stated.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agree with @Waiting on him on not being absolute on anything. Also, see (yet only as an opinion) the silence as when every mouth was stopped when iniquity shut her mouth, when the mouth of the lion was shut before Him... a mourning. Mostly because I can’t think of nothing else which brings such a silence. Like Job where he put a hand over his mouth and stopped talking. Like the passage...a time to be silent and a time to speak. As far as ‘a half an hour’ is that long enough for Him to suffer? What is ‘half an hour’ ...in the NT it says God suffers the vessels of destruction that His mercy might be made manifest. A fruit of the Spirit is ‘long-suffering’ and ‘patience’ and He is patient for the precious fruit. Speaking of time consider ‘this is your hour, and the power of darkness’ Luke 22:52-53 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves? [53] When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

An hour ‘this is your hour, and the power of darkness.’ With how many hours are in a day
Mark 15:32-34 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him. [33] And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. [34] And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

John 4:6-7 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. [7] There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

John 19:28-30 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. [29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. [30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Acts 10:9-11 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: [10] And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, [11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

Point is...what is the space of half an hour...what is silence ...what is an hour in ‘this is your hour of darkness’ ...what is a day...is the space of half an hour there was silence; is that space half of the ‘this is your hour, the hour of darkness?’ Matthew 20:12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

Another doubter gone into darkness!

You know, the occultists have a little initiation called 'the dark night of the soul' where they tell the initiate that they must go it TOTALLY ALONE, not relying on anyone nor any faith, and become their OWN master. That basically is the same sin the devil asked Adam and Eve to do in God's Garden, to think that they could become their own god. That... is the purpose of the occultists, to QUESTION EVERYTHING. Doing that of course means NO SALVATION THRU CHRIST, because the doubter MUST believe in order to receive His Promise of Salvation. There is no other way, you cannot be your OWN Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@VictoryinJesus Great verses there!

Reminds me of Philippians 1.6: "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another doubter gone into darkness!

You know, the occultists have a little initiation called 'the dark night of the soul' where they tell the initiate that they must go it TOTALLY ALONE, not relying on anyone nor any faith, and become their OWN master. That basically is the same sin the devil asked Adam and Eve to do in God's Garden, to think that they could become their own god. That... is the purpose of the occultists, to QUESTION EVERYTHING. Doing that of course means NO SALVATION THRU CHRIST, because the doubter MUST believe in order to receive His Promise of Salvation. There is no other way, you cannot be your OWN Christ.
You could have just posted, I don’t like this because it puts in question all my indoctrination and absolutions based off what man has declared.