Those who deny Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem that you agree that Jesus is God; however you do not believe that Jesus is the Father.

So, is it your contention that the Father isn't God?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quit blaming God or the Holy Spirit for your errors and hiding behind it.

quit blaming God or the Holy Spirit for your errors and hiding behind it. its what every cult leader in history does jbf.
If my doctrine is substantiated by holy scripture then it is not in error; unless you can show that it is in error by the use of other holy scripture: in which case the whole of scripture would not substantiate my pov.

But I would simply ask you if Jesus is a Spirit. If He isn't a Spirit then how is He God in light of John 4:24? I think that you will agree that He is a Spirit or else He isn't God.

2nd point: John 4:23-24 shows that the Father is a Spirit.

3rd point: Ephesians 4:4 shows that there is only one Spirit.

If Jesus and the Father are two different Spirits, then the scripture (Ephesians 4:4) has been broken.

But the scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35).

So, in light of all this, how is Jesus not the same Spirit as the Father?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
same difference and you have just made the logical fallacy known as a distinction without a difference.
There is a difference in the distinction that I make.

The "Father" is an Omnipresent Spirit who inhabiteth eternity.

The "Son" is the same Spirit as He inhabits a finite human flesh body.

One is Omnipresent and is solely a Spirit;

The other is condensed into a finite human body. He is both Spirit and flesh.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like I said you have never debated or taken a class on debating as you are unaware of your own fallacious arguments. ignorance is no excuse.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like I said you have never debated or taken a class on debating as you are unaware of your own fallacious arguments. ignorance is no excuse.
I did exercise in debate in High School.

I have to believe that saying "that is a fallacious argument" and leaving it at that is a fallacious argument.

It is excusing yourself out of having to answer.

Really, @Christophany, if you don't have an answer for the scriptural points that I have presented to you, just say so.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are free to identify what is fallacious about the "arguments" that I have presented to you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did exercise in debate in High School.

I have to believe that saying "that is a fallacious argument" and leaving it at that is a fallacious argument.

It is excusing yourself out of having to answer.

Really, @Christophany, if you don't have an answer for the scriptural points that I have presented to you, just say so.
quoting scripture is not debating the devil quotes scripture.

I have pointed out each and every type of fallacy you have made so you are without excuse. Like I said quit blaming God for your errors with kenosis and modalism. The Son is not the Father and the Son shares all the same attributes of Deity as the Father does otherwise He is not fully God as the Scriptures declare Him to be in Colossians 1:19 and 2:9.

You are contradicting the bible with your human reasoning.

next......................

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When the devil quotes scripture, he doesn't quote the whole of it...he will omit things that might help the saint to overcome like "in all thy ways" in the case where he tempted Jesus and quoted half a verse out of Psalms 91.

next...............

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you please elaborate ? You don’t make any sense to me....thanks..
If I agree to follow Christ and have nothing to offer Him, how is it glory to me?
And if I choose to rescind the agreement, how is it Glory to me?
If my frame is but dust, what glory have I, ever?
And so how can I ever rob God of His glory?

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son is not the Father

He is (Isaiah 9:6)....to deny this you have to engage in eisegesis and change the wording of the holy scriptures as they are presented in the kjv, not once, but twice.

Not to mention, there is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5); even the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). Yet, no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of truth (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)). And Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

So then, the Father is the one Lord, and Jesus is the one Lord; and there are not two Lords.

Some people are as dense as they come.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have pointed out each and every type of fallacy you have made so you are without excuse. Like I said quit blaming God for your errors with kenosis and modalism. The Son is not the Father and the Son shares all the same attributes of Deity as the Father does otherwise He is not fully God as the Scriptures declare Him to be in Colossians 1:19 and 2:9.

You are contradicting the bible with your human reasoning.

Like I said I am not dealing here with kenosis theory but with your accusation against my belief which you say is modalism.

However, concerning kenosis theory, it should be clear that Jesus does not know the day and hour of His return (Mark 13:32) and thus is not Omniscient...He exists in a finite human body of flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7) and thus is not Omnipresent...and He did not have all power in heaven and earth until after it was given to Him at the resurrection (Matthew 28:18) and thus was not Omnipotent while He walked the earth.

These things are what the holy scriptures say and teach; it is not human reasoning that I have presented to you.

However, I know you; that you will present human reasoning in answer to what these scriptures say if you even answer at all.

The things that I have mentioned above are not in denial of the fact that Jesus is God. It is His added nature of humanity that limits Him by choice. He chose not to be Omnipresent when He took on a finite human body. And He chose not to be Omniscient and Omnipotent by the same reality of the fact that He took on a human form which by its very nature is limited so that He had to empty Himself, not of His Deity; but of some of the attributes of Deity.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is (Isaiah 9:6)....to deny this you have to engage in eisegesis and change the wording of the holy scriptures as they are presented in the kjv, not once, but twice.

Not to mention, there is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5); even the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). Yet, no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of truth (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)). And Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

So then, the Father is the one Lord, and Jesus is the one Lord; and there are not two Lords.

Some people are as dense as they come.
make up your mind you are all over the place..................

and your ad hominem attacks duly noted.

The Son is not the Father for that is modalism.

One Lord, One God is not modalism.

next............................................................

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son is not the Father for that is modalism.

It is not modalism if the one believing that the Son is the Father also believes that the Father is not the Son.

One Lord, One God is not modalism.

One Lord, one Lord, same Lord, is also not modalism; but it is what you might define as modalism; and yet it is also the biblical view.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
make up your mind you are all over the place..................

This was not "all over the place" as you say...it was a concise defense of the truth that I am proclaiming.

If you didn't follow the reasoning, look up the verses.

Because I think that this is what your problem is. You read people's statements and don't read the scriptures that substantiate those statements; and because you disagree with the statements you reject them outright; but if you looked up the verses given to show the statements as true, you would see that they are substantiated by holy scripture and would believe the statements instead of fighting against the truth of God's word.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept is there however...whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap...those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

The concept is also found in John...you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (from sin).

The concept of turning away from sins (for forgiveness) is definitely found in the Bible (Ezekiel 33:19, 2 Chronicles 7:14)...I'm surprised that you are unaware of the 2nd of these scriptures...it is a highly famous passage.

When John the Baptist preached repentance in the Bible, he was most definitely telling the people to turn away from their sins (see Luke 3:10-14). He even told them practical ways to do it.

To "repent" most definitely means to make a 180-degree turn away from the direction that you were walking in before...if you were walking in the direction of sin, death, and hell before, it means turning away from that direction towards righteousness, life, and heaven.

This is not only common sense; it is the biblical understanding of repentance (see Ezekiel 33:19, 2 Chronicles 7:14).

Did john ever say “ repent to get Saved?” Right.....I didn’t think so....