Thoughts about using a KJV update?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you use a KJV update?

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Probably

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your hatred of others who see the KJV as just one translation is blinding you. Do you actually think that the authors of Deuteronomy and Proverbs had any idea (in their wildest imaginations) of the translation practices that the KJV translators followed? Really? Do you understand eisegesis?

I think you should take some time out and think about what you're actually saying!

P.S. I'm curious: what do you think is "the new landmark brought forth in the late 1800’s"?

While anything is in the realm of possibility, I don't think Michiah-Imla is saying that God revealed to the prophets that there would be the King James Bible in the future (if that is what you are suggesting). We simply do not have that kind of information. However, I know GOD was aware of the KJB in the future, though.

Anyways, do you believe the 6 day creation? Can I prove the 6 day creation? No. Faith is what is required for me to believe in the 6 day creation. I learned this from the Bible and I believe it. It's the same with the doctrine of preservation. I take it by faith because that is what the Bible plainly teaches. There is no doctrine of God that says that there is no perfect Word that we cannot trust today and so we have to use our fallible reasoning to figure out what God really said among a sea of ever changing manuscripts and translations (that all say things a little differently).

There can only be one Word of God with His words being perfect. If not... then man gets to decide what God said. Man then becomes the authority. I simply trust God provided a perfect Word (based on what His Word says), and the KJB fits that criteria. Could I be wrong? Sure I could. But what does anyone else have to offer? They really don't have anything that compares and is superior.

That's why I am King James Only.
Sure, you can point out faults in the KJB and others can do the same.
No doubt a person can see faults in anything they want (even God).
But that does not mean there are any faults.
I take it by faith because that is what the Bible teaches.
I will have to answer to GOD for living my life according to the faith and not men.

What do you have to gain by my not trusting in having a final Word of authority? What do you have to offer that is better? I don't see any real appealing alternative here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer the question. Why is English the chosen pure translation? Sounds racist.

Again, your not seeing the point here. What about the times when the Scriptures only existed in Hebrew and Greek? Surely these languages were simply chosen languages by God used at that time. God does things that He does for His own purposes and reasons. So if you believe the Hebrew and Greek were the only Scriptures that existed at one time and they did not exist in any other language, then you must conclude that there should be no problem if GOD made His Word available also in only the English for today, too. For the same problem you have with the Bible being available only in the English can be turned back around on you by pointing out to you how the Scriptures only existed in Hebrew and Greek at one point in time. So this is not a good argument, friend.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't use the 1611 so quit calling it that. You use an edited KJV.

I believe the 1900 Cambridge KJB Edition is the final settled purified Word in a line of seven purified KJBs. This lines up with the Word being purified seven times according to Psalms 12:6-7. Could I be wrong? Sure I could, but what else do you have to offer that is better? Where is your perfect Bible that you can hold in your hands on planet Earth?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You posted an article that claims absurdities. No doctrines were changed.

What exactly did you find wrong with each of the points he made in that article that caters to the Catholic church?
How do you not see these changes as not being valid?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly did you find wrong with each of the points he made in that article that caters to the Catholic church?
How do you not see these changes as not being valid?

@Bible Highlighter

You have presented very good information regarding this issue.

So…

“whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.” (Ezekiel 33:4-5)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:35 KJV
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

The only “rotten” things are the modern translations. Not only have modern translators in this adulterous and sinful generation caused “Christians” to loose faith in the word of God, but they have also spread their wisdom of “no Bible is perfect” mentality like a cancer.
Any bible written in the english language in itself is not perfect. Because the english language is not perfect. (Hence why God used the greek and hebrew texts, not the english, to pen the origional

If people lose faith in the Bible its because they have no faith in God. Not because people are warning others that no english bible is perfect and we need to use all the study tools God Gave us in our studies... And we will then recieve a deeper understanding of the word.

I grew up in the KJV era. Its all I read, and I read the whole bible 2 or three times in the KJV. I later switched to a NKJV, and it is all I have used since.

It was not until I was opened up to deep study including the use of origional languages That many of Gods truths were opened up in a far more deeper way

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter

You have presented very good information regarding this issue.

So…

“whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.” (Ezekiel 33:4-5)

Thank you, brother.
May God’s blessings be upon you and your family.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While anything is in the realm of possibility, I don't think Michiah-Imla is saying that God revealed to the prophets that there would be the King James Bible in the future (if that is what you are suggesting). We simply do not have that kind of information. However, I know GOD was aware of the KJB in the future, though.

Anyways, do you believe the 6 day creation? Can I prove the 6 day creation? No. Faith is what is required for me to believe in the 6 day creation. I learned this from the Bible and I believe it. It's the same with the doctrine of preservation. I take it by faith because that is what the Bible plainly teaches. There is no doctrine of God that says that there is no perfect Word that we cannot trust today and so we have to use our fallible reasoning to figure out what God really said among a sea of ever changing manuscripts and translations (that all say things a little differently).

There can only be one Word of God with His words being perfect. If not... then man gets to decide what God said. Man then becomes the authority. I simply trust God provided a perfect Word (based on what His Word says), and the KJB fits that criteria. Could I be wrong? Sure I could. But what does anyone else have to offer? They really don't have anything that compares and is superior.

That's why I am King James Only.
Sure, you can point out faults in the KJB and others can do the same.
No doubt a person can see faults in anything they want (even God).
But that does not mean there are any faults.
I take it by faith because that is what the Bible teaches.
I will have to answer to GOD for living my life according to the faith and not men.

What do you have to gain by my not trusting in having a final Word of authority? What do you have to offer that is better? I don't see any real appealing alternative here.
I agree with everything you said here, with the exception that you believe the KJV is perfect with no flaws.

The KJV is a translation, By flawed people. Into a flawed language. That in itself has inherent flaws built in.

While it is stupid trying to argue about all the issues with any bible. And takes away from what we should be doing. It is just as stupid as saying ne version is perfect and all others are flawed.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Version.

Also, they know the NT name of God is Jesus.

My students love it when their teacher takes a stand for God's word and has convictions about it.

They hate wishy washy folks telling them stuff.

Howbout you?

In all honesty, do you not believe that using that Version has contributed to you believing the NT name of God is Jesus?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that changes anything. GOD can choose to preserve His Words through an English translation or an English version of of His Words. But I do prefer to use KJB when talking about the King James Bible. Why? Because of this:

Psalms 12:6-7
6 “The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

This truth is altered in Modern Bibles.

Let me get this straight, you think it is alright to alter Jehovah to read LORD, but chose to quote that the Words of the Lord are pure words? Am I a bit off in thinking that someone is speaking out both sides of their mouth sir?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any bible written in the english language in itself is not perfect. Because the english language is not perfect. (Hence why God used the greek and hebrew texts, not the english, to pen the origional

This sounds more like a personal conviction or opinion and not anything based upon any actual facts, friend. So you need to prove that the Hebrew and Greek were languages that were superior and perfect languages compared to the English language. The Bible says that His words are pure words, and He will preserve His words forever.

Psalms 12:6-7
6 “The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

So this is a faith issued, and not an issue based on carnal reasoning.

You said:
If people lose faith in the Bible its because they have no faith in God.

If it’s not the GOD described in the Bible, then it’s another god. You would not have the faith if it was not for the Bible. See, this is why Modern Bibles caters to liberals very well. In fact, before the NIV popularized the Modern Translation movement, new version bibles were generally used by liberal groups. Why? They really don’t care for the exact words of GOD. They are looking for general expressions or truths that they can sort of fit in with their own beliefs. I have already demonstrated in this thread the doctrines that are changed in Modern Bibles (by comparison to the KJB). See post #254 (and my following posts) within this thread to see 9 doctrines that are changed. I also provided a PDF that shows that Modern Bibles make changes to favor the Catholic Church, as well.

You said:
Not because people are warning others that no english bible is perfect and we need to use all the study tools God Gave us in our studies... And we will then recieve a deeper understanding of the word.

Read 1 Kings 13. It is a real life story or narrative on a man of God listening to somebody else instead of trusting God’s Word. In the end: The man of God was killed because he did not trust God’s Word when he was tested. Granted, I am not saying that not believing in King James Bible as the pure Word of God is a salvation issue, but in some cases it can be. For Modern Bibles can lead a person towards liberalism or in falling away from the faith.

You said:
I grew up in the KJV era. Its all I read, and I read the whole bible 2 or three times in the KJV. I later switched to a NKJV, and it is all I have used since.

There are many changes that favor the corrupt Critical Text in the NKJV.

The NKJV is a perfect bait and switch Bible.
In other words, it was clearly created as an attempt to deceive.
Don’t believe me? Just watch this video:

A Defined King James Bible (along with the book Archaic words and the Authorized Version by Laurence Vance) would be a better alternative to the NKJV.

The Defined King James Bible - Medium Print (Hardback, Black Letter)

full

full

https://www.amazon.com/Archaic-Words-Authorized-Version-Laurence/dp/0982369735

full

You said:
It was not until I was opened up to deep study including the use of origional languages That many of Gods truths were opened up in a far more deeper way

The definitions behind the original languages can be helpful at times, but they are not infallible. For example: The Strong’s is not entirely accurate on their definition on repentance seeing that one of its definitions does not tell us to seek forgiveness of one’s sins with the Lord (i.e. the Lord Jesus Christ). I have demonstrated by Scripture that this is the case (and they missed this). James Strong also worked on the ASV (Which is a part of the Revisers who were in agreement with changing the Bible involving Westcott and Hort).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, you think it is alright to alter Jehovah to read LORD, but chose to quote that the Words of the Lord are pure words? Am I a bit off in thinking that someone is speaking out both sides of their mouth sir?

If that’s your only argument you are coming up short.
As I already demonstrated in this thread, there are important doctrines that are changed in Modern Bibles. See post #254 (on the following subsequent posts after).

As for the issue you have, read this article here:

“LORD" or "Jehovah/YHWH" in Genesis 2:4 et al.? - KJV Today

If you don’t buy it, then have a great day in believing there is no perfect Word of God that you can hold in your hands.
I have a perfect Bible, and I am happy to believe in it and not doubt it and or create my own version of God’s Word.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think it is alright to alter Jehovah to read LORD

The New Testament writers inspired by the Holy Ghost did precisely that: when quoting the Old Testament where God’s abbreviated name appeared they used the Greek word for Lord.

Non issue. Move on…

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds more like a personal conviction or opinion and not anything based upon any actual facts, friend.
Where do we start?

Let’s take tenses.

How many more tenses does the english have compair Ed to the greek.

Let’s take the word love. 1 english word to translate 4 different greek words. All with different meanings.

Let’s take the word baptise. For one, baptize is not a native english word. Instead of translating it. They transliterated it. Made a new word. With no true meaning. And cause the baptism debate to rage on and on. When it all could have been settled if they just translated the word.

How about passages like acts 2: 38, While the origional KJV was close (repent YE and let every one of YOU) it is still lacking, because a normative reading makes it appear water baptism is required for remission of sin. Which is false..

I can go on and on and on

But you will only see what you want to see. And instead of attacking, I think it would be better just to let people use whatever word they use , because every word can tech us Gods truth if we are looking as far as the essentials go. THE KJV served me well for 15 years. The NKJV has served me well for almost 40 years.. I am not going to judge someone because they like the NASB or another version. But I am not going to make a particular version and IDOL as some people do.