Thoughts about using a KJV update?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you use a KJV update?

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Probably

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Four legs good, two legs bad...

To write that these extra Biblical works are designed to debunk the Bible is beyond nonsense. Why do you throw scholarship out the window in favor of your own closed mind?

How true

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Just information for you.

As far as linguistic information I recommend the Strong's. For your average person it is cheap and pretty accurate.

But it inherits all the errors of the KJV, because it is tied directly to it.

No harm, no foul. My ministry is to give truth....you do not believe it or do not like it....no offence.

Very little pressure on me...... Johnny Appleseed of Truth.....I plant the seeds.....I leave it up to God to go from there.

Sure, recommend a redefinition work that is somewhat accurate to debunk their KJV.

Oh, goodie!

That'll preach!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Four legs good, two legs bad...

To write that these extra Biblical works are designed to debunk the Bible is beyond nonsense. Why do you throw scholarship out the window in favor of your own closed mind?
"Scholarship" must include the suckerfishes that claim Mark etc is a forgery.

I choose the KJV over these suckerfish hambones.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these extra Biblical works are designed to debunk the Bible.

What a stupid thing to do to Christendom.

I guess these fellers that create these redefinitions are just tools of ....

Ignorance is not bliss! Know the truth and the truth will set you free!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Scholarship" must include the suckerfishes that claim Mark etc is a forgery.

I choose the KJV over these suckerfish hambones.

I bet you do! A closed mind is a very tragic thing!!!

BTW, where do people claim that "Mark etc is a forgery"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet you do! A closed mind is a very tragic thing!!!

BTW, where do people claim that "Mark etc is a forgery"?
Oodles of PHD's of Christendom teach it.

They even tell sinners that on PBS etc, per those "the Bible" episodes.

I saw them with my own eyes, debunk the Bible book by book.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...via the KJV.

No. Using any of a number of excellent translations. The KJV is nothing more than a single translation, and in my opinion, not the best, as it is easily misunderstood and re-translated (intentionally or not) to mean what the reader wants it to mean.

I don't know of a single person, yourself included, who communicates in early 17th Century Englyshe. Why not? Because you want to be clearly understood.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oodles of PHD's of Christendom teach it.

They even tell sinners that on PBS etc, per those "the Bible" episodes.

I saw them with my own eyes, debunk the Bible book by book.

If that is the case, produce the evidence. Otherwise I think you're lying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Using any of a number of excellent translations. The KJV is nothing more than a single translation, and in my opinion, not the best, as it is easily misunderstood and re-translated (intentionally or not) to mean what the reader wants it to mean.

I don't know of a single person, yourself included, who communicates in early 17th Century Englyshe. Why not? Because you want to be clearly understood.
Thou sayest!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in an Old Earth? Yes, or no?

Not directed at me and this is a blind post in that I haven't read further than this.

You know I believe in an old earth, but I am not a liberal. I am a moderate. One doesn't need to be a liberal to believe in an old earth. I know plenty of conservatives that also believe in an old earth.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I tried once again to read the KJV over the last couple of weeks, just to give it another shot. I had to go to the dictionary so many times in order to understand the meaning of a word that I gave up. I shouldn't have to go dictionary surfing to be able to understand the Bible.

I want to sit down and read, I don't want to have to look up many words that I don't understand because we no longer use them in our language. That is nothing but a distraction to me.

So, back to my NKJV which has served me faithfully going on fourteen years now since I turned back to God once more. I also have a NIV men's devotional Bible with the NIV text from 1984 that I will read given to me by my ex-wife as my first Bible ever. With that I like the devotionals inside that helps me to think and apply God's word to my life.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Well, said.

God bless you in the Lord today.

As I have said many times before, KJVO comes from the pits of hell as it's only purpose is to sow division and derision. It's to keep Christians arguing about Bible versions.

The Christian thing to do is let each have their own preferred version of the Bible as that is the one that they'll read and let it go.

I may not be able to read the KJV, but don't care if others do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks

So, IF I only read the KJV, you "don't care," but "I am from the pits of hell?"
So Glad to know God Is My Only JUDGE! Amen?

Bible Answer To Confusing church Bewilderment!

GRACE And Peace...

It's a good idea not to twist people's words. The idea expressed by Naomanos is the idea that those who say that only the KJV (and no other version) is the word of God are "from the pits of hell". He did not say that you are from the pits of hell. But if you insist that the KJV alone is God's word and that all other translations are not, then you are in that class of people.

That is altogether different from you (or anyone else) reading the KJV as their preferred translation.