Thoughts on Church Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha well let's be honest, may popes seem to have interpreted that that way right
th

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
it's really about tares and such, imo
OK.
Let's do a little study here.
Mathew 18:20
This chapter is titled The Church: Its Discipline
NASB

Jesus is saying how we should work out problems between each other.
He said that if someone hurts us, we should go and tell them. If he won't listen, take two or three others along to be as witnesses, and try again.
If he still won't listen, tell the church, if he won't listen to the church, then start all over again. Face him with the love of God, tell him he needs to repent.

A yes on earth is a yes in heaven. A no on earth is a no in heaven. What we say to one another goes down into eternity. When two get together on something, God will take notice of it. When two or three are gathered in My name, you can be sure that He'll be there.

The above is Jesus speaking.
He's mentioning church, so church must exist. Some here do not think it's important.

Also, our agreeing on matters is also important to God.

So this is what it's really about...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
When two or three are gathered in My name, you can be sure that He'll be there.

He's mentioning church, so church must exist.
um, where is "church"mentioned in there, again? ty
Also, our agreeing on matters is also important to God.
ha well, i'm pretty sure that i have just seen another interp for "You owe 100 jars of oil? Here, write down 50. 100 bushels of wheat? write down 80. See, all of these are symbolic analogies, oil and wheat are symbolic, right, and so i'm not so sure what matters we should be agreeing on anymore, tbh, maybe it's ok for you to believe that you should fight satan, if you want to believe that; and confess to God if that is what you want to believe, maybe. It prolly doesn't matter if your heart is right, and it sure doesn't matter if your heart is wrong.

8"The master praised the unrighteous manager because he had acted astutely. For the sons of this age are more astute than the sons of light in dealing with their own people."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
History. Check it out.
written by the winners, so i'm not interested wadr in whatever justifications one might come up with for going to a foreign country and meddling in their affairs. I'm not meaning to judge any popes here either, i did not walk in their shoes, and i know that they lived on practically a diff planet from the one we inhabit, and i am ignorant of any alliances they might have had with any mideastern countries then, even though i would think the RCC would be trumpeting them as justification?

But the Hegelian dialectic does not change, no matter what time frame we perceive it from; humans who engage in struggles wherein there is a winner and a loser implied

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus attended synogague all His earthly life.
He went to Jerusalem once a year.
Jesus came to fulfill the law, it was a requirement for Him to attend, like I said it all changed at pentecost, actually His resurrection

Mat_27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mar_15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
Luk_23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Heb 9:6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

, but still

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

I do hope you one day understand

2Co_5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

and here we are still building temples to heaven

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By God's Grace
When two or three are gathered in My name, you can be sure that He'll be there.

He's mentioning church, so church must exist.

bbyrd:
"um, where is "church"mentioned in there, again? ty"

Good grieve, what's wrong with you, bbyrd009?
Will you always find something to nitpick on?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well you can take that up with Him, when you get to see Him....I am merely passing on what He said.....You are certainly not shy in what you call Him, I would have never dared to do to that......
Give me even ONE example where Jesus told anyone to go to church, then go see how many times He told people to come to Him, and how people keep refusing to do so........You say there that Jesus says differently....Actually NO He doesn't, that's just it.....

Amen...well said. :)

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, guess you're right, most ppl refer to that as service too, huh.
the fact that the established church is an arm of the government prolly doesn't matter at all, almost surely probably, ya

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well you can take that up with Him, when you get to see Him....I am merely passing on what He said.....You are certainly not shy in what you call Him, I would have never dared to do to that......
Give me even ONE example where Jesus told anyone to go to church, then go see how many times He told people to come to Him, and how people keep refusing to do so........You say there that Jesus says differently....Actually NO He doesn't, that's just it.....
word

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not nit picking, has nothing to do with church, it can be anyone anywhere at anytime gathered in "His name", which s not what religion is about.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do not care for "mens churches " and "Mens religions" none of which is from God,, ,as I showed you before, it all changed at pentecost, but God gave man free will, what men choose is rarely in line with God will.
The problem for many is that God does work even within places that are not "from" Him. This is a limited thing and eventually, I believe, as a person grows with God, the limits put on God will limit the person. There are likely exceptions where God sent a particular person to a particular church setting to accomplish a particular purpose... but it would be the exception rather than a rule to live by.

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem for many is that God does work even within places that are not "from" Him. This is a limited thing and eventually, I believe, as a person grows with God, the limits put on God will limit the person. There are likely exceptions where God sent a particular person to a particular church setting to accomplish a particular purpose... but it would be the exception rather than a rule to live by.
It may be a beginning but t is very rarely teh end. If one never attended church, one would never know all the problems with it. It is how God works, experience. How could you ever know what it is like to contemplate suicide if you never being there, well I have so know i can talk to them from there point of view. As my dad puts it. teh only way to know God is to experience God, but if you are unwilling to suffer for His sake, than the doors have already being closed.

Reactions: pia and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, it is your god who is saying 'don't go to church'
What He explained was that we, each believer, make up His church.....He said that if I was going to compare it to a building, then I would be a brick in His church, as would those who also believed....He has used other metaphors but this one was the easiest for me to understand at that time.
You have your walk with Him and I am sure you will stay true to that....I too must stay true to what I have been shown...I am not demanding that you or anyone else believe me in what I say, I have merely passed on things which to me was a big eye opener ( whichever bit that was at any particular time ) when it was shown to me.........Others can take or leave those things as they want.....Some will seek the Lord about it and others will reject it out of hand...Turns out that part is not my responsibility, as only the Lord can reveal things to men ( humans)...

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@GodsGrace I can only suggest to you what I wrote to the other person...take it up with Him, He does not need me to defend what He says...

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@tabletalk You say that I worship a different Jesus ? I find it impossible to believe there is more than one of the actual Jesus, the resurrected one..The one I was blessed to be rescued by, both from physical and spiritual death....I did not believe before seeing Him, but had to concede and fully accept, that there truly is a God, and that Jesus Christ (contrary to all logic) is His son and still alive and able to exist in more than one 'realm' ( as He was able to pass through into a closed room and disappear at will later )...
So I guess what you're saying is that a 'different' Jesus came to reveal the truth about the reality of the real Jesus to me and to reveal that God is indeed real also? Is that about it ? If so, that is way beyond even human logic..

Reactions: Helen and amadeus