Thoughts on Church Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Calling God a liar to His face, your not the first....
I don't think @tabletalk is calling GOD a liar.
God does not lie.
God desires us to find a church we like and attend that church.

But posting this will do no good for you.
I've learned that.
You're entitled to your opinion.
You should not try to convince others, however, which includes new Christians reading along.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i'd egg him on myself, but imo it's pretty obvious that people are done with the Hegelian church practiced in mortgaged buildings anyway
thank you, God

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BG
Persons that don't go to church are not church-haters.
Those that preach against going to church, are church haters.
Those that say that churches only confuse us and are of no value.
That we should stay home and read our bible and have no inter-action with other Christians.

This is not what Jesus wanted. He wanted churches to spring up all over. He told the Apostles to go and preach and baptize.
Mathew 28:19
One cannot baptize if there isn't a church in which to do this. We cannot go around baptizing each other. There must necessarily be preachers and teachers and priests and whatever else is necessary for an organized institution.

This DOES NOT mean that we place our faith in that institution. It's there for our guidance and our understanding of this faith of ours.

§We learn from God, from each other, and from our teachers.
Even Paul said we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves.
Hebrews 10:25

Jesus also said to be of like mind. How do we accomplish this without a "coach"?
1 Corinthians 1:10-13

Thanks for that. It's been a while since we connected. :)

I must say that some days the more stuff I read on here the more it makes my brain ( heart) ache!!
Oh the the simple early days...when we became Christians' and believed the all who took that step were indeed Christians...and that we all loved the same God, and were all on the same path , and all headed to the same goal.
But the more a person reads ( on here etc) of what other people think...the further apart it seems that many of us are.... :oops:

Some just enjoy and appear to get-off on trying to point out what divides us rather than unites us in The Lord...or they point out that what we believe is all rubbish and of no avail.

Sorry Fran...I am just going through another of those days of wondering -
"Why on earth and I here?" (... on this Site..not on this earth...at least I do know that much!!)

Bless you ...Helen

Reactions: GodsGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i think you might be personalizing my post

I was saying the same thing to bbyrd009 yesterday...I DO read any post and look and listen to be "spoken to" through it. Then when I hit a negative one...it hits hard.
I believe God is speaking to all of us in life all the time...( some do not listen) He can even speak to us through seeing three Crow attacking a squirrel...anything....Creation speaks (Romans 1:20) I live looking and listening to Him "in life"...that is just the way I live it.

So yes, you are right , I do and did... I just said "Ouch".

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks for that. It's been a while since we connected. :)

I must say that some days the more stuff I read on here the more it makes my brain ( heart) ache!!
Oh the the simple early days...when we became Christians' and believed the all who took that step were indeed Christians...and that we all loved the same God, and were all on the same path , and all headed to the same goal.
But the more a person reads ( on here etc) of what other people think...the further apart it seems that many of us are.... :oops:

Some just enjoy and appear to get-off on trying to point out what divides us rather than unites us in The Lord...or they point out that what we believe is all rubbish and of no avail.

Sorry Fran...I am just going through another of those days of wondering -
"Why on earth and I here?" (... on this Site..not on this earth...at least I do know that much!!)

Bless you ...Helen
I came here to connect with other believers. I live where there are no protestant churches and I miss speaking to those who believe as I do.

Then I realized there were so many odd beliefs. Odd to me because I went to two pretty mainstream churches. Simple yet well-founded. So I just give my opinion. I don't enjoy debating past a couple of posts - that's it for me. I'm not here to teach anyone or change anyone's mind because I know adults don't usually change their minds.

But I think it's still good to voice our knowledge. What we've learned and HOW we know God.

I do believe that Jesus wants us to make a personal change but I also believe He came here to set up His Church (us) and His church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes mj, you've show how much you don't care for church or religion.
I did not put words into your mouth.
So you should not expect that I would do it in the future, as you had said. I usually understand persons pretty well...
Yes I do not care for "mens churches " and "Mens religions" none of which is from God,, ,as I showed you before, it all changed at pentecost, but God gave man free will, what men choose is rarely in line with God will.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think @tabletalk is calling GOD a liar.
God does not lie.
God desires us to find a church we like and attend that church.

But posting this will do no good for you.
I've learned that.
You're entitled to your opinion.
You should not try to convince others, however, which includes new Christians reading along.

Gods may not lie, has never stopped men from calling Him a liar,

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

We need be careful what we speak of others we do not know where they are in teh Lord.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The god who informed you "church is not something we go to,..." is a liar.
The Lord Jesus says differently
Well you can take that up with Him, when you get to see Him....I am merely passing on what He said.....You are certainly not shy in what you call Him, I would have never dared to do to that......
Give me even ONE example where Jesus told anyone to go to church, then go see how many times He told people to come to Him, and how people keep refusing to do so........You say there that Jesus says differently....Actually NO He doesn't, that's just it.....

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you can take that up with Him, when you get to see Him....I am merely passing on what He said.....You are certainly not shy in what you call Him, I would have never dared to do to that......
Give me even ONE example where Jesus told anyone to go to church, then go see how many times He told people to come to Him, and how people keep refusing to do so........You say there that Jesus says differently....Actually NO He doesn't, that's just it.....

1. We worship a different Jesus. You are "merely passing on what He said..." is not the Jesus I believe. You have written much on your Jesus, his authority etc., and I reject your Jesus as God. He is lying if he said 'don't go to church'.
2. 1Corinthians 11: 18. 'For first of all, when you come together as a church,...'
This is the Word of God, Jesus Himself, by the Holy Spirit, saying these words.
So, it is your god who is saying 'don't go to church'.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Gods may not lie, has never stopped men from calling Him a liar,

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

We need be careful what we speak of others we do not know where they are in teh Lord.
I don't speak OF others.
I speak TO persons.

If I say something about someone else, I cue them in with the ever so popular @ sign.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus attended synogague all His earthly life.
He went to Jerusalem once a year.
Even when He knew it would mean His death.
"Where two or three are gathered in my name"...
THAT is church. Jesus was the best psychologist ever and He knew that if we did NOT attend a church we might wither and die.

Show me one verse that says we are NOT to go to church.
Hebrews 10:25

What do you think He meant in
Mathew 28:19? For the Apostles to go off and make a few fans here and there...all separated from one another.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"Where two or three are gathered in my name"...
THAT is church.
arg, how many "churches" you been in with 3 ppl lol. i mean it's weird, i totally agree with you in one sense, but how, oh how, did this v ever get shoe-horned into an expression of the established church?

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
arg, how many "churches" you been in with 3 ppl lol. i mean it's weird, i totally agree with you in one sense, but how, oh how, did this v ever get shoe-horned into an expression of the established church?
I don't know!
It's really about courts and the such.
I've been to a church with about 10 people in it.
A of G. They're not so popular over here.
One I like is too far away. There's also a Nazarene church but it's in Florence.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know!
ah well, fwiw you can reflect from a diff perspective, strictly faking it even, to see what fruit might come of it, right?
Otherwise how might you avoid believing "talents" are really "gifts?"
Or that you should not be fighting the devil?
Nor confessing your sins to God?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah well, fwiw you can reflect from a diff perspective, strictly faking it even, to see what fruit might come of it, right?
Otherwise how might you avoid believing "talents" are really "gifts?"
Or that you should not be fighting the devil?
Nor confessing your sins to God?
Oooh.
I don't get the last two...