Three Days and Three Nights

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If anyone differs in view on this subject, we will not contend with him: it is a trifling matter, of no importance whatever. Nothing was dependent upon the length of time our Lord would be dead. The important items were that he should actually die, that he should be dead long enough for it to be positively known that he was dead, and that he should rise from the dead.

Ja, if you are the confused one, to opt for '~it is a trifling matter, of no importance whatever~' makes your life much more comfortable. But let one '~differ in view on this subject~' and the verdict is pronounced most authoritatively, '~Nothing was dependent upon the length of time our Lord would be dead.~' So Jesus most of all wasted his breath and the Law and Prophets a short head after Him, wasted theirs.
'~The important items were that he should actually die~", "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES THE THIRD DAY". Paul in fact wrote that that, was one of "THE FIRST IN IMPORTANCE" things. NOT your story, '~that he should be dead long enough for it to be positively known that he was dead~'! How would you make sure of that? O, I know, If his body was dead long enough and after three days started to stink, that's how you would '~positively know~'!

"BUT BE IT KNOWN", pronounced Peter on authority of Holy Scripture, "BE IT KNOWN... that his flesh in death saw NO CORRUPTION... but God raised Him from the dead: THE THIRD DAY!"

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hi Elle, I agree with your belief. There is just one point I would like to clear up. You said: "he died the day before the High Sabbath which was the first day of Unleavened Bread." Do you mean that the day before the High Sabbath is the first day of UB? Or do you mean the High Sabbath is the first day of UB?

Intelligent man!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There's no way to get around the 3 days AND 3 nights being three 24 hour periods.

There's no way they were '~three 24 hour periods~. The '~3 days AND 3 nights~' were not loose and apart '~3 days AND 3 nights~' of three arbitrary, loose and apart '~24 hour periods~'. The '~3 days AND 3 nights~' were THE "three days THICK DARKNESS" that no one in Egypt during the last two plagues could "get around" on. They were THOSE three days and none other, the 14th, 15th and 16th days of the First Month INDISTINGUISHABLE "This That Selfsame Whole-Day BONE-DAY" as "in the belly of the fish", so in the Egypt of the Old Testament, and so in the city of Jerusalem at the Last Passover of Yahweh's SUFFERING OF JESUS CHRIST.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There's no way to get around the 3 days AND 3 nights being three 24 hour periods. Because Jesus was specific in John 11 that there are 12 hours in a day, it means He would be just as specific if He had defined a night as 12 hours also. And the fact that He specifically gave 3 days and... 3 nights means 72 hours, not 56+.

FHII has the correct explanation, because the NT Scripture shows the two Mary's brought spices after a sabbath and prepared the spices before a sabbath, and then went to the tomb after that sabbath. That proves there were 2 separate sabbath periods in that week, and it's because the first day of the feast per Lev.23 was to be a sabbath, what John 19 called a "high day".

So the count of the 3 days and 3 nights must be counted from Sunday morning after the weekly sabbath back, and the only valid timing is that Nisan 14th, the preparation day, was a Wednesday, and the day that Jesus and His Apostles ate the passover, and when Jesus was delivered up that night of Wednesday Nisan 14th, and then crucified in the day of Wednesday Nisan 14th, and was buried just before sunset. So the count must begin at sunset Wednesday Nisan 14, which at sunset began Thursday Nisan 15, the "high day" of the first day of the feast, a high sabbath.

Fortunately I am not supposed to comment. I seriously doubt anybody in the world, the poster included, could make clear what he wrote.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Discussions like this result when people strayed from Yahweh's calendar so they all have to put in their two cents thinking they are correct.

Matthew 12:40 states a full 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb, not counting from when he's dead. The other "models" reckon the 3 days from the time of his death, which is unscriptural.

Yahshua fulfilled the feast days at their exact time., i.e.
Late Nisan 14: crucified as the Lamb of Yahweh for Passover.
Nisan 15: Start of the first day in the tomb (Unleavened Bread immediately following). Now 3 full calendar days is simple to figure. That's 15+3=18, 3 days later.
Nisan18: Firstfruits. We know that Firstfruits always occurred on a Sunday, so if the 18th of the month is Sunday, then what does that make the 15th and 14th, what days of the week? Simple as that. So he arose Saturday late in the day by our reckoning as the 17th closed and the 18th dawned for Firstfruits.

It's all in the prophetic feasts, and the calendar.

Your aversion, '~Matthew 12:40 states a full 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb~" is straying from Yahweh's Word which reads, "as Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights, so shall the Son of man be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights." Not '~in the tomb~', which is unscriptural!

Your aversion, '~3 full calendar days... That's 15+3=18, 3 days later~' is unscriptural, is straying from Yahweh's Word, "the fourteenth ... KILL"; "the fifteenth ... EAT...!", "...the flesh with ULB".

Your aversion, '~Nisan18: Firstfruits~" is straying from Yahweh's Word which NOWHERE reads like that, which is unscriptural!

Your aversion, '~We know that Firstfruits always occurred on a Sunday~' is straying from Yahweh's Word which NOWHERE reads like that or has meaning like that.

Your aversion, '~so if the 18th of the month is Sunday, then what does that make the 15th and 14th, what days of the week?~' is straying from Yahweh's Word which NOWHERE reads like that, according to YOU, Sunday 18, Saturday 17, Friday 16, Thursday 15 and Wednesday 14, which is unscriptural! Simple as that.

Your aversion, '~So he arose Saturday late in the day by our reckoning as the 17th closed and the 18th dawned for Firstfruits~' is unscriptural and straying from Yahweh's Word which reads that '~Firstfruits~' was in fact, "Sabbath", the '~Saturday he arose~'.

It's all in the prophetic feasts, and the Bible's calendar.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Neat work; dedicated work you are to be commended for. Unfortunately TOO MUCH OF. You see, the top first line with the names of the days of the week, are 'unscriptural'. Not that you used the English names, but the wrong names in the wrong positions and TOO MANY of them.

Then the second line with your dates. The first three dates, 14, 15 and 16 exactly right because they are Scriptural; but 'unscriptural' because in the wrong columns again, you see. Then your dates yours only, nothing from or to do with Scripture, 17 and 18.

Then your third line of earths in first, days, then nights. Sorry, they cannot be Scriptural, they are 'unscriptural', because, you knows why. . . them order, like my grammer, are awkward. And 'unscriptura'l or even grammar wouldn't have mattered, it still would have been comprehensible and Scriptural! "God is God-of-Order."

So neatness doesn't cure chaos, just think of the creation backwards. Well, in the end you might have been right after all. That's our world for you, and religion for you. . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1st night Passover, Nisan 14th, sunset to dawn, Wednesday night,
A) Starting:
Its night: "EVENING" Jesus SUFFERED
Mark 14:12
,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,9 John 13:1,30; 1Corinthians 11:23
= Leviticus 23:5 "late" Exodus 12:15B "REMOVED LEAVEN" symbolically (Jesus suffered);
= Exodus 12:6Leviticus 23:5 = "REAPED the first sheaf" Leviticus 23:9,10;

Thursday, Nisan 14th, “Preparation Day OF THE PASSOVER”, Jesus crucified.
B) Ending: Jesus DIED
3 PM "the ninth hour" "MID-AFTERNOON" ‘Thursday’
"Everybody who came to That Sight fled and went home" Luke 23:48 John 16:32
NO ‘~rush to bury His body~’.
………………..

1st day ULB, Nisan 15th, sunset to dawn "great was That Day of sabbath" of passover, Friday.
BURIAL DAY
"the whole-day BONE-DAY",

A) Starting: ‘Thursday’ night,
Its night: "EVENING" Body PREPARED

Mark 15:42-46a Matthew 27:57-59John 19:31,38-40 Luke 23:50-53a;
Exodus 12:8Leviticus 23:6 the passover its flesh EATEN = "stored" Leviticus 23:11A

B) Ending: Body ENTOMBED
Luke 23:54-56
a "That Day The Preparation MID-AFTERNOON" ‘Friday’
John 19:42 “due to the Jews’ preparations having begun”
………………..

2nd night ULB, Sabbath, Nisan 16th, sunset to dawn.
RESURRECTION DAY:

A) Starting: 'Friday' night
Luke 23:56b "Began to rest the Sabbath"

B) Ending:
"Morning after The Preparation": Matthew 27:62-66
"Mid-afternoon": Matthew 28:1-4 RESURRECTION
………………..

3rd night ULB, Nisan 17th, “First Day of the week”, sunset to dawn, Sunday.

A) Starting:
"AFTER the Sabbath": Mark 16:1
Dusk on the First Day”: John 20:1
"After-Midnight" Luke 24:1,2
"Very early before sunrise" Mark 16:2-8
3rd day ULB, Sunday, Nisan 17th, “First Day of the week”, sunrise John 20:11-17
“Mary saw Jesus standing and knew not that it was Jesus..she supposed Him to be the gardener.” John 20:14,15.
“Early on the First Day of the week He, risen, first appeared to Mary Magdalene.” Mark 16:9.

Once again, men's traditions, like this one, ‘~First Day of Week, Sunday, Jesus rose, and the two Marys came to the tomb~’ are more important to some instead of the actual Truth in God's Word.

Why is this so important?
Because Sunday sacredness depends on the false assumption that Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday and was crucified on 'good Friday'.
All Wednesday crucifixionists used to believe a Sunday Resurrection "just after sunset" on the First Day of the week, and same-day burial and crucifixion on Wednesday until as late as the third quarter of the 20th century, when I showed them their inconsistencies, after which they gradually began to change their tune and started talking of a 'just before sunset very late on Sabbath' Resurrection.
But they still adhere to their same day crucifixion as well as burial fallacy.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
GerhardEbersoehn,
re: "... name the days in your view the correct ones..."

I think scripture best supports a 5th day of the week death and a 1st day of the week resurrection. But that's an issue for a different topic.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The word "never" in Greek is "oudepote." The word used in this passage is "ouketi" which comes from "ou" (no, never) and "keti" (henceforth, hereafter).

Look it up.

I'll need some time to go through your other post and respond, and will probably have to take it one issue at a time. For everyone's benefit try to keep your posts to only one or two points.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer
Just scanning your post I see a serious error you have made. The Passover was not a feast separate and distinct from Unleavened Bread! Technically, the Passover was a sacrifice, offered on the afternoon of Nisan 14. Then that evening, at sunset, the Passover lamb that had been sacrificed that afternoon was eaten along with unleavened bread and bitter herbs which was the first day of unleavened bread. And for 7 days the Jews ate unleavened bread.

Think back to the original Passover at the Exodus. The Jews sacrificed the lambs on the afternoon of Nisan 14. Then they painted their doorposts and lintels with the blood. That night they ate the Passover lambs along with unleavened bread. The reason the bread was unleavened was that they had packed up all their belongings, including their kneading troughs, and did not have time to let their bread rise. They ate standing, with their shoes on, and their loins girded, and their belongings packed up ready to leave. That night the Destroyer passed through the land and slew all the firstborn of man and beast ... except those upon whose homes was the sign of the blood of the lamb. In the middle of the night Pharoah rose up , and all Egypt, and commanded that Moses take the Israelites and leave. That all happened the night of Nisan 15. And that night, the night the Passover lambs were eaten and the first night they ate unleavened bread, was remembered generation after generation, by this ceremonial meal. And the children were instructed to ask why that night was unlike any other night, and the story of the Passover would be retold and retold how on that very night God had delivered them from Egypt.

But the Jews did not eat the Passover again until they were settled in the land, and then they ate the Passover "at leisure," and "reclining", "as befitted free men. The Passover Seder (the first meal of unleavened bread) lasted 2 to 3 hours. This was the meal Jesus and the disciples ate, Jesus' last supper.

But I'll address your particulars in a separate post.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

what if 'in' really means within - twinc

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think scripture best supports a 5th day of the week death and a 1st day of the week resurrection. But that's an issue for a different topic.

First time I see you commit yourself to something...

Thanks anyway.

The first 5th day (Thursday) Resurrection theory I came across, was Montgomery Boyce I think at that time 12 doctor's degrees. Very famous, very popular, very respected.

He talked of the 'missing day' in the Last Week. I showed him it's there. Even wrote to the Washington Post, but would't know if they published my letter. I believe not.

In any case, that was YEARS before 2011 when the Passover of Yahweh BONE-Day exposed itself and immediately became the bone of contention on several forums. But nobody to my knowledge managed to swallow it whole.

I also told YOU about the BONE-DAY. You haven't reacted, not even with something like, 'Trash!'; I don't know why not.

But obey the Truth of Jesus' BONE-DAY, and you MUST see no explanation than Fifth Day Death, Sixth Day BURIAL, Sabbath Resurrection can possibly pass the test.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
GerhardEbersoehn,
re: "I also told YOU about the BONE-DAY. You haven't reacted, not even with something like, 'Trash!'; I don't know why not."

Because that's an issue for a different topic. Perhaps you could start one.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
GerhardEbersoehn,
re: "I also told YOU about the BONE-DAY. You haven't reacted, not even with something like, 'Trash!'; I don't know why not."

Because that's an issue for a different topic. Perhaps you could start one.

How many times have you used this escape route now?
The BONE-Day of Jesus' BURIAL is the crucial and conclusive FACT in the 'three days and three nights' groundless and bottomless 'issue'. There actually is nothing else to understand to get to the HEART of the matter.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
GerhardEbersoehn,
re: "How many times have you used this escape route now?"

Actually never, since I'm not "escaping" from anything. This topic is about one issue and your comments are about other ones. Start a new topic if you want to discuss those particular ones.

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
GerhardEbersoehn,
re: "How many times have you used this escape route now?"

Actually never, since I'm not "escaping" from anything. This topic is about one issue and your comments are about other ones. Start a new topic if you want to discuss those particular ones.

as I have already stated what if 'in' really means within - twinc

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
twinc,
re: "as I have already stated what if 'in' really means within - twinc "

I don't understand. Why did you quote my reply to GE in post #515 and then comment on something else?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
twinc,
re: "as I have already stated what if 'in' really means within - twinc "

I don't understand. Why did you quote my reply to GE in post #515 and then comment on something else?

my post was meant as a general reply to all upto and including the last one - twinc

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
twinc,
But why did you specifically quote my post and what does your comment have to do with the OP?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
twinc,
But why did you specifically quote my post and what does your comment have to do with the OP?

nothing sinister - like this one it was the last post -, twinc