Three Days in Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people say that Jesus was three days in hell. I believe the hell spoken of is a place within the earth similar to the belly of the whale. Well... Tried to make a good video of it this morning anyway...

1 Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly,
2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. - Jonah 2

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. - Matthew 12

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people say that Jesus was three days in hell. I believe the hell spoken of is a place within the earth similar to the belly of the whale. Well... Tried to make a good video of it this morning anyway...

2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. - Jonah 2

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. - Matthew 12

Careful with Schambach. He is of the Joel Osteen theology which is a cancer.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful with Schambach. He is of the Joel Osteen theology which is a cancer.
I have uploaded that sermon just today and want to know what part of it is cancer. Please give me a time in the video where the teaching is cancer. It is very important that you do this.

Reactions: MatthewG

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rocky, is this you on the video? If it is not personally you, I probably will not listen. I do agree, that hell perhaps 'under the earth', as you say though, cause it was a place separated from Yahava. :)
Wondering if Jesus was in the same state when he first appeared to Mary Magdalene? I would have liked to have captured the moment!

10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.
11 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her. - John 20

th

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Edited) @rockytopva , I don't know. To me it is that she recognized him by his actions. Perhaps the voice of God was heard, and she knew when she heard him say her name. Beautiful and touching story, my friend. Love that you shared it with me. Maybe her tears were so much, and maybe she cried and not had much sleep, and perceived him as a 'gardener' which technically he is, when you think about it. He is able to help people become molded to him, by the power of his Father. Just as a gardener tends their flowers, and prunes them. Please share with me your thinking and thoughts?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Edited) @rockytopva , I don't know. To me it is that she recognized him by his actions. Perhaps the voice of God was heard, and she knew when she heard him say her name. Beautiful and touching story, my friend. Love that you shared it with me. Maybe her tears were so much, and maybe she cried and not had much sleep, and perceived him as a 'gardener' which technically he is, when you think about it. He is able to help people become molded to him, by the power of his Father. Just as a gardener tends their flowers, and prunes them. Please share with me your thinking and thoughts?
Trying to capture the moments. I wonder if Jesus was not in cramped quarters Good Friday through Easter Sunday?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by cramped quarters, Rocky? Will listen to what you may be thinking, my brother. :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by cramped quarters, Rocky? Will listen to what you may be thinking, my brother. :)
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. days and three nights in the heart of the earth. - Matthew 12:40

Noting the wording… “Three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” Wondering myself what that means.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rocky,

I have always heard that Johan couldn't have been in sheol, because he was alive, when he got thrown into the water and swallowed. He could have died for a moment of time, then been resuscitated with-in the whale in darkness, and in a horrible condition and Jonah woke back up and realized that by not going to do what Yahava, had ended him up in this position. Then you have Jesus who did do what Yahava, his Father had said, however he also goes to hell (sheol), then you have Peter the Apostle write in 1 Peter 3:19; that Jesus while in Sheol, went to those in prison preaching some message (we don't know what he said). Please let me know your thoughts.

Jonahs prayer,

Jonah’s Prayer and God’s Answer​

2 Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the fish’s belly.

2 And he said:

“I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction,
And He answered me.
Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice.

3 For You cast me into the deep,
Into the heart of the seas,
And the floods surrounded me;
All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.

4 Then I said, ‘I have been cast out of Your sight;
Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.’

5 The waters surrounded me, even to my soul;
The deep closed around me;
Weeds were wrapped around my head.

6 I went down to the [a]moorings of the mountains;
The earth with its bars closed behind me forever;
Yet You have brought up my life from the pit,
O Lord, my God.

7 “When my soul fainted within me,
I remembered the Lord;
And my prayer went up to You,
Into Your holy temple.

8 “Those who regard worthless idols
Forsake their own [b]Mercy.

9 But I will sacrifice to You
With the voice of thanksgiving;
I will pay what I have vowed.
Salvation is of the Lord.”

10 So the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytopva

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe that hell is within the earth, down in the heat and it is spiritual as well as physical. So I also believe Jesus was in the heart of the earth and hell.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have uploaded that sermon just today and want to know what part of it is cancer. Please give me a time in the video where the teaching is cancer. It is very important that you do this.
I can't say specifically in any particular video, but his theology is trhe prosperity gospel and isin with the likes of TD JHakes, Osteen, Meyers et.al. so he has a very heretical side in his theology.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say specifically in any particular video, but his theology is trhe prosperity gospel and isin with the likes of TD JHakes, Osteen, Meyers et.al. so he has a very heretical side in his theology.
One of the ten... Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. - Exodus 20:16

RW Schambach heard of a place so dangerous the police were afraid to go. Within the year that was where he would set up his tent. He did not get rich off his ministry. Your accusation of him being heretical is bearing false witness.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decades ago I posted a video on my web site of Joel Osteen preaching a message called, "Being good to people." The Joel Osteen ministries had me take that video down and filed copyright infringement against me. So... I am no fan of Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyers either for that matter.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: RLT63 and dev553344

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard TD Jakes ask for money or preach the prosperity gospel. I find him to be a very gifted preacher and teacher.
There were some who said he didn’t believe in the Trinity and condemned him for that but he has publicly stated his belief in the Trinity to clear that up.
He is wealthy but so is anyone who’s written as many best sellers as he has

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytopva

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. days and three nights in the heart of the earth. - Matthew 12:40

Noting the wording… “Three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” Wondering myself what that means.
I studied Jonah and I prayed about it, as we all should do. The Holy Spirit answered and Jonah did die, and the Lord brought him back to life in the belly of the fish that the Lord had prepared for him.

Jonah 2:5-6 - The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God. This is where the Lord brought Jonah back to life, from corruption/the grave

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also do not wish to call out all the Osteens as bad. I believe mother Dodie and brother Paul as good people. For four to six months each year, Paul travels, often with his family, to relieve missionary doctors and surgeons in Kenya and Zambia while they go on furlough.

“We, as the American church, can’t get so insulated that we forget poor, suffering people,” Paul says. “If we in the church become so religious we look the other way, it’s a sad thing.” - Dr. Paul Osteen’s latest operation: ‘Elevate the poor out of poverty’

Paul Osteen ought also be delighted of his description at Wikipedia - Paul Osteen - Wikipedia

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I studied Jonah and I prayed about it, as we all should do. The Holy Spirit answered and Jonah did die, and the Lord brought him back to life in the belly of the fish that the Lord had prepared for him.

Jonah 2:5-6 - The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God. This is where the Lord brought Jonah back to life, from corruption/the grave
That's so terrifying, having almost drowned before...

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the ten... Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. - Exodus 20:16

RW Schambach heard of a place so dangerous the police were afraid to go. Within the year that was where he would set up his tent. He did not get rich off his ministry. Your accusation of him being heretical is bearing false witness.
Sorry but you are wrong.

He is part of teh heretical word of faith movement, prosperity gospel movement and pentecostalism.

These are people who have praised shambach. it is like a list of whos who of heretics in teh faith:

Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Kenneth & Gloria Copeland, Jessie Duplantis, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Hagin, Creflo Dollar, Paula White, Larry Huch, Myles Munroe, Jan & Paul Crouch, Fredrick Price, Mike Murdock, John Crowder, John Hagee, Sid Roth, Rod Parsley, Paul & Jan Crouch, etc.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard TD Jakes ask for money or preach the prosperity gospel. I find him to be a very gifted preacher and teacher.
There were some who said he didn’t believe in the Trinity and condemned him for that but he has publicly stated his belief in the Trinity to clear that up.
He is wealthy but so is anyone who’s written as many best sellers as he has
Maybe you should see him "slay people in the spirit" and fly on his jets.

Better yet get a book that he spells out his theology and compare it with Scripture.

He is a word of faith and prosperity gospel preacher teacher.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to capture the moments. I wonder if Jesus was not in cramped quarters Good Friday through Easter Sunday?
Jesus had descsended into hell. Hell is th eplace of the souls of the dead.

In Jesus day (until He ascended back into heaven) there were three compartments in hell:

1. Tartarus-where the angels who left heaven in Genesis 6 are chained.
2. Place of torment- where the souls of th elost are awaiting to be cast into the lake of fire
3. Abrahams bosom/Paradise- where the righteous souls of the dead went until they went to heaven with Jesus at His ascension.

This is where Jesus went and preached, from Friday to Sunday.