Thy Kingdom come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
but where you will go when you die is
meaning literal death, right? Bc we read everything so literally? But the Bible seems pretty clear on that one rg, …and you and your sons will be here with me
Sheol and hades are translated hell sir, and defined as the abode of the dead
seems to me that most Christians’ concept of hell involves punishment, rg
o being ghosted by someone while here on earth is not a kind of punishment
it isnt? I would say that JWs are kind of the masters at that; isnt it even meant as a punishment?
Gehenna represents the second death sir, it is a judgment. All who go there have been judged unworthy for life and will not receive a resurrection
well that is what you say, rg, and what you are stating as a fact, but i hope you understand that that doesnt necessarily mean that is true, ok? Iow there are other interpretations—that also fit the concepts better—that dont require all that shoe-horning and mental gymnastics to fit a desired outcome, imo.

Plus then you are able to actually have a conversation, and respond to another’s communications, rather than…well, that, which seems quite prevalent among believers; that responding to posts by taking off on a single word in it, and using it for the next mini-sermon, and basically ignoring the question or context the word is in? See, i am writing now for others, i dont even expect you to be reading this

Anyway, the actual words might be true enough, but “judged” by whom? And you say “All who go there…” but i think all who go are sent there? By whom? And at “will not be resurrected” you are currently meaning literally, right? After literal death? Do you know anyone who has been resurrected in that manner yet?

Do JWs baptize? Do the pastors who baptize them say these words? “Buried with Him in death, raised to new life in Him?” prolly not i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Christian congregation has also been released from tithing Byrd. We each give what we have resolved in our heart. 2 Cor 9:6,7
ah, the next mini-sermon based upon a single word…yes, ty rg
as for me, i will continue to bring my tithes into the storehouse for now, and ignore you and your courtroom facts, since my cup is overflowing to the max, ok bro? Even if your words might be technically correct

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh contraire...Jesus took upon Himself every evil, and there is nothing more. What makes the "great tribulation" of prophecy "great", is that it is all (tribulation) and cannot be made exception to. The sum is greater than any of the parts. Yet many have been and are in the weeds looking for what cannot be found...except in Christ.

I think what makes it great is it's severity Scott. If God does not intervene to bring it to it's close, no one will survive, did you pick up on that at Mat 24:22 sir? That is what ends the tribulation.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i always wondered how one quotes so it appears like that? Still haven’t figured that one out!

It is simply the truth sir. Really it doesn't take much research to prove it to yourself. We live in the age of information. Sheol occurs 65 times in the Bible, Hades 10, Gehenna 12

I would be more than happy to help you understand it sir if you would like.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
meaning literal death, right? Bc we read everything so literally? But the Bible seems pretty clear on that one rg, …and you and your sons will be here with me
seems to me that most Christians’ concept of hell involves punishment, rg
it isnt? I would say that JWs are kind of the masters at that; isnt it even meant as a punishment?
well that is what you say, rg, and what you are stating as a fact, but i hope you understand that that doesnt necessarily mean that is true, ok? Iow there are other interpretations—that also fit the concepts better—that dont require all that shoe-horning and mental gymnastics to fit a desired outcome, imo.

Plus then you are able to actually have a conversation, and respond to another’s communications, rather than…well, that, which seems quite prevalent among believers; that responding to posts by taking off on a single word in it, and using it for the next mini-sermon, and basically ignoring the question or context the word is in? See, i am writing now for others, i dont even expect you to be reading this

Anyway, the actual words might be true enough, but “judged” by whom? And you say “All who go there…” but i think all who go are sent there? By whom? And at “will not be resurrected” you are currently meaning literally, right? After literal death? Do you know anyone who has been resurrected in that manner yet?

Do JWs baptize? Do the pastors who baptize them say these words? “Buried with Him in death, raised to new life in Him?” prolly not i guess

Baptism is part of the Christian faith Byrd. To keep it simple on this post I have offered to discuss what hell is with you in your other post sir. I hope you will be as happy as I was when I learned what hell was.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, the next mini-sermon based upon a single word…yes, ty rg
as for me, i will continue to bring my tithes into the storehouse for now, and ignore you and your courtroom facts, since my cup is overflowing to the max, ok bro? Even if your words might be technically correct

If you choose to tithe fine, no doubt it is what you resolved in your heart sir. I don't think one can go wrong in it, why? Because God never changes, one time it was law, and since He doesn't change then logically He still feels the same. Keep in mind as well, those under the Law covenant did not have to preach, and even though God don't need money, His ministers do as spreading the good news and the responsibilities of the faith are quite costly, and as you know inflation is running rampant driving costs up as well.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i always wondered how one quotes so it appears like that? Still haven’t figured that one out!

It is simply the truth sir. Really it doesn't take much research to prove it to yourself. We live in the age of information. Sheol occurs 65 times in the Bible, Hades 10, Gehenna 12

I would be more than happy to help you understand it sir if you would like.
well i appreciate your enthusiasm, rg, but that prolly is not even possible :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what makes it great is it's severity Scott. If God does not intervene to bring it to it's close, no one will survive, did you pick up on that at Mat 24:22 sir? That is what ends the tribulation.
Let me say it again: Can there be anything more severe than all severity?

All severity (tribulation) does not come upon any other than Christ. That is, the combined total of all individual tribulations the world shall ever know.

As for Matthew 24:22, everyone comes to the same end, His sun and rain fall upon both the evil and the good. Which times have indeed been shortened.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i appreciate your enthusiasm, rg, but that prolly is not even possible :)

Probably not, but it happened with me. So I will just start it off. Since most think the King James Version of the Bible is the Bible, and it is the easiest to research we will use it as the primary. Were you aware that Sheol occurs 65 times in the original Bible and that the KJV translated it as hell 31x, as grave 31x, and pit 3 times?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me say it again: Can there be anything more severe than all severity?

All severity (tribulation) does not come upon any other than Christ. That is, the combined total of all individual tribulations the world shall ever know.

As for Matthew 24:22, everyone comes to the same end, His sun and rain fall upon both the evil and the good. Which times have indeed been shortened.

Better reread Mat 24:22 Scott as that is quite away from what it actually says sir.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better reread Mat 24:22 Scott as that is quite away from what it actually says sir.
Matthew 24:22
And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

You are confusing "those days" as meaning the days of some future event that does only exist for those who come to that time of their "own order" meaning their own time. But this is rather said in the context of "today" being the day of salvation...which is the time of each in their own valley of decision. Those are the days He speaks of...all of which were shortened by God after the fall.

And to confirm--who are the "elect" and who are the "saved?" In what "days" have they, and do they, live? Again, the context is "but each one in his own order" throughout all generations.

I tell you--"all truth" does not come, except that your mind be renewed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

You are confusing "those days" as meaning the days of some future event that does only exist for those who come to that time of their "own order" meaning their own time. But this is rather said in the context of "today" being the day of salvation...which is the time of each in their own valley of decision. Those are the days He speaks of...all of which were shortened by God after the fall.

And to confirm--who are the "elect" and who are the "saved?" In what "days" have they, and do they, live? Again, the context is "but each one in his own order" throughout all generations.

word

we are promised that there will not be another “worldwide flood,” but dont get what that means, imo

Reactions: ScottA

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The elect are the born again Christians of the covenant sir. The time period is just as the verse stated it ends the tribulation, how does this happen? Jehovah sends His forces 2 Thes 1:6-9

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet those are different concepts to us now, right? “Hel” infers punishment, iow

No sir, Sheol is Sheol it has not changed, and it is the abode of the dead, all are their awaiting a resurrection. Hell, grave and pit are English words that translators chose to use and they of course all mean the very same thing as they are the very same word Sheol. So if a man is named William, and you call him Will, Bill, or even Sue, he is still the same man, William. No matter what you call it, Sheol is Sheol and it is where every single individual who has died went. It literally is the grave, but what it really is Biblically speaking is God's memory, while most of it's inhabitants have returned to the dust, they will be resurrected from the Memorial tombs, in other words God's memory sir Jn 5:28,29

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The elect are the born again Christians of the covenant sir. The time period is just as the verse stated it ends the tribulation, how does this happen? Jehovah sends His forces 2 Thes 1:6-9
They do have that responsibility sir, and when that is successfully completed Jehovah will send His forces Mat 24:14. But no that is not the primary reason, they were given the covenant to serve as Kings and Priests in the Kingdom of God sir: (Luke 22:28-30) . . .you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

(Luke 12:32) . . .“Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom.

(Revelation 5:9, 10) . . .And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

(Revelation 14:3) . . .they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth.
Yes, just as it is written.

But you are reading what is spiritual and not of the world. With the scales removed, 2 Thes 1:6-9 (and Luke 22:28-30) speak of that time of "each one in his own order", which if you do not believe that the end and fulfillment of all things is by name Christ, the End...then it remains hidden beneath the veil of this world.

Indeed, He sends His forces!

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, just as it is written.

But you are reading what is spiritual and not of the world. With the scales removed, 2 Thes 1:6-9 (and Luke 22:28-30) speak of that time of "each one in his own order", which if you do not believe that the end and fulfillment of all things is by name Christ, the End...then it remains hidden beneath the veil of this world.

Indeed, He sends His forces!

Not sure you understood it Scott, but those passages contain enough information to understand it. Not something one would jump right into of course.