Thy Kingdom come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you speak in facts, as if in court, rg, and i am hard pressed to relate that to the post you quoted; or iow we seem to be talking past each other? I understand that you have some facts about the past and the future that you believe, ok, and i know that just disputing or refuting them is pointless, so really im not sure what to say…To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat, but of course then you would have to leave your congregation, and ive yet to hear “we wish you the best, come back and visit” in that situation. Could you even imagine that scenario, in a JW cong?

“hel” most likely comes from norse/angle scribes who had no better word to translate Gehenna into, rg, which i post so that others may search (seek), and find, should they so desire. And again, i wish you the best ok? You are imo in a vicious…situation, chained to Esau now, prohibited from going out like the Seventy, and seeking to invite others into that. I am dealing with some of their fallout right now, and lemme tell you…well, i hope you have the courage when you find that you need it, ok? I doubt that i could be that strong tbh

Gehenna is different Byrd. Hell was translated from that word in every instance, but it is not the same hell that was translated from Hades/Sheol. It is really a judgment sir, those who receive the judgment of Gehenna will not be resurrected, the lake of fire symbolizes Gehenna. Do you know the outcome for those cast into the lake of fire?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“faith” as a noun, arg…so, finding faith as a verb maybe, but nothing like “comparable” i guess, more like blows it away

I didn't think so sir. Since I don't research other faiths much, I would be interested if anyone could show any faith comparable, who would even come close to fulfilling Isa 2:2-4. Perhaps someone else will have something they might feel comparable Byrd, as no doubt others have read it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is exactly why I did it sir, to make it easy on you, since you had many questions, to avoid confusion I put your words in red so that you wouldn't have to keep going back to see what I was responding to. A little more difficult, but definitely easier for us in the long run.
it makes it impossible to trackback tho, see; if you quote me, i dont have to go back anyway, right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Gehenna is different Byrd. Hell was translated from that word in every instance, but it is not the same hell that was translated from Hades/Sheol. It is really a judgment sir, those who receive the judgment of Gehenna will not be resurrected, the lake of fire symbolizes Gehenna
well again rg you speak in courtroom facts, that are easily challenged imo. I mean i agree that they are not the same, Gehenna is right here on Erets, and Hades is a Greek god whose mythology contains no punishment, merely “the grave” i guess, like Sheol?

Do you know the outcome for those cast into the lake of fire?
lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“faith” as a noun, arg…so, finding faith as a verb maybe, but nothing like “comparable” i guess, more like blows it away

I didn't think so sir. Since I don't research other faiths much, I would be interested if anyone could show any faith comparable, who would even come close to fulfilling Isa 2:2-4. Perhaps someone else will have something they might feel comparable Byrd, as no doubt others have read it.
rg, you are not really addressing my post here, nor the earlier ones, and i dont know if you can see this? I mean you are more or less taking off on one word in my post, and not responding to the body, seems like? And i mean in every post, too, pretty much. Anyway you might contemplate “faith” as a verb ok. Have a good day :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it Jesus' said that must take place shortly that you think we think did not happen?
As I said, I don't know all that your denomination believes, so I will put it this way: Anything and everything other than the fullness of the times of the gentiles, that you believe has not been fulfilled yet.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it makes it impossible to trackback tho, see; if you quote me, i dont have to go back anyway, right

Exactly Byrd, makes it so much easier if I paste your statement and comment on it rather than you having to go back and see what you said. Easy to get lost as many posters can come in between our conversations. I try to be considerate sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well again rg you speak in courtroom facts, that are easily challenged imo. I mean i agree that they are not the same, Gehenna is right here on Erets, and Hades is a Greek god whose mythology contains no punishment, merely “the grave” i guess, like Sheol?

lol

Exactly Byrd, hell is the grave, and as mentioned everyone in hell gets released through resurrection.

Would you like to discuss what Gehenna is now?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rg, you are not really addressing my post here, nor the earlier ones, and i dont know if you can see this? I mean you are more or less taking off on one word in my post, and not responding to the body, seems like? And i mean in every post, too, pretty much. Anyway you might contemplate “faith” as a verb ok. Have a good day :)

Nor did you address mine, correct? I simply played along with your game sir. Now if you would like to literally discuss my question I would be more than happy to converse on the topic.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I don't know all that your denomination believes, so I will put it this way: Anything and everything other than the fullness of the times of the gentiles, that you believe has not been fulfilled yet.

Actually Scott, we do believe the times of the Gentiles ended in 1914, therefore all that was prophesied about it has been fulfilled sir.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are not indicating that God caused that whole scenario are you Byrd?
i would say that that is really irrelevant, next to the truth that it is an account put in the Bible for our edification? But i guess Yah “causes” everything in the end. Anyway i guess it is likely best that the story of Esau and Jacob is closed to you right now, maybe even fitting…meaning, everything in its time

and you might see that having included the quote banner, here, others can now trackback to your post for context, etc

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hell is the grave
are you sure? i would say that the concept of “hel” infers punishment, whereas Sheol and Hades do not

everyone in hell gets released through resurrection
do they? you say “as mentioned” but i dont recall reading a v for that

Would you like to discuss what Gehenna is now?
id be more interested in discussing what “discussion” means tbh, rg; do you think we are having a discussion right now?
But Gehenna is just a garbage dump on earth, used an analogy, isnt it?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Scott, we do believe the times of the Gentiles ended in 1914, therefore all that was prophesied about it has been fulfilled sir.
I was not referring to the gentiles, but making them an exception to what has already been fulfilled, as being all that remains unfulfilled of the prophecies that Jesus said would all occur during that ("this") "generation."

So, do you believe that there are any of the end time prophecies that Jesus spoke of that remain unfulfilled?

As for the times of the gentiles...we are gentiles--what times would you call these if not a part of the times of the gentiles yet remaining?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nor did you address mine, correct?
if i addressed most of yours, im afraid that i would end up lecturing too lol. So i guess maybe not, as i am mostly trying to address the difference in definitions that we seem to be having

Now if you would like to literally discuss my question I would be more than happy to converse on the topic
ok, well, there is no explicit question there,
and as to the implied one, i have already addressed it twice and we got nowhere, right? You use “faith” as a noun, to describe what the Bible would call a cult or a tree, and i have a different definition of “faith.” Im using “cult” in the orig sense, as near as i understand it anyway, same root as “culture,” meaning we all start in a “cult”

but since i am the odd man out there, obviously, and apparently most believers use faith as a noun i guess, my reply to your q would be that no, i know of no other cult of sol “faith” that is any worse than yours, except yours encourages shunning, thus inviting judgement of others for imagined “sins” or im pretty sure for even refusing to go along with certain things, and i just seriously doubt that little children would do this, rg. JW is as good a tree to be from as any i guess, but how do you get out from under the tree when its time? Lots of drama and sorrow, right?

So dont misunderstand me ok, you have chosen i guess, and i am not here to influence your choice—you might even be the one to improve the cult from within, for all i know—but i must reserve my prayers for anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves in the position of impending salvation at the hands of a JW, as they are apparently in for a painful lesson, at least as near as i can tell.

Yah is my Sovereign, not some board of directors. If i transgress, and cannot or do not confess, then i expect i would be tossed into Gehenna by the one i transgressed against—forgiveness being so far from us, i mean—but understand that this is vastly simplified, and many scenarios might evolve there, they might overlook the matter and that might convict me, etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
an interesting perspective, as the US—the biggest dog in the pound iow—is ostensibly run by Gentiles? I say “ostensibly” bc
AE6E187D-AA28-4C5A-9C18-A90236F0A36B.jpeg
which nevermind the caption, prolly the other way around anyway, dunno

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 I don't understand that picture. Are you anti Semitic?
no, not at all, Pearl, at least per se; but i also am not buying for a second that the Israel, Incorporated that now exists in the mideast has anything whatever to do with the Scriptural Israel…nor that those are Biblical “Jews”

but fwiw i saved the picture bc i know those guys, many of them, and needed a ref for demonstration.
I mean we imported lots of Nazis too i guess; i dont judge really. fascists are fascists, wherever you find them. Those guys are all involved with administering the world, in which i have no interest whatsoever. They have my prayers

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no, not at all, Pearl, at least per se; but i also am not buying for a second that the Israel, Incorporated that now exists in the mideast has anything whatever to do with the Scriptural Israel…nor that those are Biblical “Jews”

but fwiw i saved the picture bc i know those guys, many of them, and needed a ref for demonstration.
I mean we imported lots of Nazis too i guess; i dont judge really. fascists are fascists, wherever you find them. Those guys are all involved with administering the world, in which i have no interest whatsoever. They have my prayers
Do you think there are any 'Biblical Jews' today? I guess that even if there are they are not saved unless they are Messianic Jews?