Timing of the abomination of desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, this is true Futurism. All the Olivet Discourse events and related events in Revelation are all future. None have happened yet.

The other view is PF (Partial Futurism) as well as PP (Partial Preterism).

My God is The God of Fulfillments.

Yours isn't.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The orthodox Jews in Jerusalem have been gathering materials and making the temple artifacts of worship for years now. It's been at least a decade since the Temple Mount Faithful tried to enter the Temple Mount and set the cornerstone in place. So yeah, they've had the cornerstone for the new temple cut for quite a while now.

Bible prophecy reveals it will happen, so it's just a matter of keep looking for it.

Another point of interest to keep in mind is the ark of the covenant. That's another requirement of temple worship. It was lost in the days of Jeremiah the prophet, but notice the orthodox Jews (and scientists) are still looking for it. It's actually shown in Heaven per Revelation 11:19, no longer here on earth. But the false Jews will come up with one just the same, when it is time to rebuild their next temple in prep for the coming false-Messiah.

I have heard of the ark of the covenant being watched over by a monk that dedicates his life to that duty. Then close to the end of his life, he tells the secret to a young monk who then watches over it for the rest of his life.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My God is The God of Fulfillments.
All will be fulfilled in God's good timing.

Saying we futurists are wrong now; before this age is over is arrant nonsense.

Isaiah 29:9-12.... people who choose to believe false teachings, will be locked into them and unable to understand the truths of the Prophetic Word. 2 Timpthy 4:3-4

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this is true Futurism. All the Olivet Discourse events and related events in Revelation are all future. None have happened yet.

The other view is PF (Partial Futurism) as well as PP (Partial Preterism).

Sorry, you don't get to define Futurism or Partial Preterism. These are terms dignified by their technical use. If you were a Mormon, you would define "true Christianity" as Mormonism. But none of us would accept a jaded definition of "true Christianity."

Of all the forums I've been on, some here have been the most obstinate and hardened in their opinions. I hope that changes, for the sake of Christian fellowship. I suppose I don't even know who here are "true Christians?"

But whether people here are "true Christians" or not, I'd just like to see some flexibility and honesty in discourse--some congeniality. Is that asking too much?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All will be fulfilled in God's good timing.

Saying we futurists are wrong now; before this age is over is arrant nonsense.

Isaiah 29:9-12.... people who choose to believe false teachings, will be locked into them and unable to understand the truths of the Prophetic Word. 2 Timpthy 4:3-4

My God IS The God of Fulfillments.

Yours isn't.

Luke 24
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

2 Peter 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Futurism cannot leave what it never enters.

Who cares, leave men's doctrines to them, stay with God's Word as written, which of course is not the popular thing to do, but leave that caring about being popular to the immature also.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Jewish Virtual Library:

History & Overivew of the Western Wall (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)

"When the Romans razed the Second Temple, they left one outer wall standing. They probably would have destroyed that wall as well, but it must have seemed too insignificant to them since it was not part of the Temple itself, just a retaining wall surrounding the Temple Mount."

And yet the Matthew 24 Scripture of construction involving the temple mount Christ's Apostle's pointed to, did NOT make specific just WHICH buildings. They were pointing to the WHOLE TEMPLE MOUNT COMPLEX of structures.

And there STILL ARE HUGE STONES STANDING THERE ATOP ONE ANOTHER. When Jesus returns in the future, there will be a COMPLETE DESTRUCTION in that area, that great valley formed per Zechariah 14 will make sure of that!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet the Matthew 24 Scripture of construction involving the temple mount Christ's Apostle's pointed to, did NOT make specific just WHICH buildings. They were pointing to the WHOLE TEMPLE MOUNT COMPLEX of structures.

And there STILL ARE HUGE STONES STANDING THERE ATOP ONE ANOTHER. When Jesus returns in the future, there will be a COMPLETE DESTRUCTION in that area, that great valley formed per Zechariah 14 will make sure of that!

Matthew 24:1
And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

As the Romans recognized, and the Jews recognize, the retaining wall was outside of, and not part of, the temple. A retaining wall is not a building.

Luke 21:5
And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts

The temple was adorned with goodly stones and gifts. The retaining wall was not.

Matthew 13:2
And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

A retaining wall is not a great building. It is not a building at all.

build·ing
[ˈbildiNG]
NOUN
  1. a structure with a roof and walls, such as a house, school, store, or factory.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who cares, leave men's doctrines to them, stay with God's Word as written, which of course is not the popular thing to do, but leave that caring about being popular to the immature also.
So leave man's doctrine of futurism to men.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard of the ark of the covenant being watched over by a monk that dedicates his life to that duty. Then close to the end of his life, he tells the secret to a young monk who then watches over it for the rest of his life.

Yet per Revelation 11:19 the 'real' ark of the covenant is shown located in Heaven with The Father.

So if the Jews produce the ark of the covenant, it will be a fake, just like everything else with their plans for a new temple and starting old covenant worship, and the false Messiah coming to sit over it, will all be about fakeness. So it makes sense that they are not going to have possession of the real ark of the covenant, but a fake one instead they will likely make.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:1
And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

As the Romans recognized, and the Jews recognize, the retaining wall was outside of, and not part of, the temple. A retaining wall is not a building.

Luke 21:5
And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts

The temple was adorned with goodly stones and gifts. The retaining wall was not.

Matthew 13:2
And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

A retaining wall is not a great building. It is not a building at all.

build·ing
[ˈbildiNG]
NOUN
  1. a structure with a roof and walls, such as a house, school, store, or factory.

Dream on...

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep. Same with Preterism and Historicism and Amillennialism, Dispensationalism, and Gnosticism, etc., all kinds of .... isms.
You forgot premillennialism.

Glad to see you've rejected futurism.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot premillennialism.

Glad to see you've rejected futurism.

No, the pre-mill idea actually AGREES with God's written Word, so I cannot include it. I didn't include Communism either, and it definitely is against God's Word.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like many here, not real Christians, but actually false Jews that come here to hide and create chaos.

So you know more about the Jews' retaining wall than the Jews (and the Romans) know about the Jews' retaining wall?

The Jews say that it's a retaining wall.

The Jews say that the Romans knew that it was a retaining wall.

Apparently you're the only one who doesn't know that it's a retaining wall.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, you don't get to define Futurism or Partial Preterism. These are terms dignified by their technical use. If you were a Mormon, you would define "true Christianity" as Mormonism. But none of us would accept a jaded definition of "true Christianity."

Of all the forums I've been on, some here have been the most obstinate and hardened in their opinions. I hope that changes, for the sake of Christian fellowship. I suppose I don't even know who here are "true Christians?"

But whether people here are "true Christians" or not, I'd just like to see some flexibility and honesty in discourse--some congeniality. Is that asking too much?

I have been congenial. You are the one suggesting some here are not "true Christians". You are the one not being congenial. I've never questioned that you are a true Christian, but I have questioned some of your theology which is ok to do.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Nahum prophesies about the Anti-Christ:

Nahum 1:1-14 An oracle of the Lord against His enemies. The Lord is a jealous and avenging God. He directs His wrath against those who refuse Him.

The Lord is slow to anger and of great power. He will not let the guilty go unpunished.

He causes droughts and earthquakes. Who can stand before His anger and wrath poured out like fire, rocks shatter before Him

The Lord is a refuge in times of trouble – He cares for those who trust Him

Why do you conspire against the Lord? He will make an end of you.

From you, Assyria, one has come forth, a wicked counsellor – plotting evil against the Lord.

Assyria; this is what the Lord has ordained for you. I will destroy you and your idols. Your grave is ready, for you are of no account. Isaiah 31:8-9

Nahum 1:12-15 The Lord says; Judah, though your punishment has been great, yet it will pass away and be gone. Your enemies are many, but they will be gone and the yoke laid on you will be lifted.

Look; here is the one who brings good news, who proclaims peace. Keep your festivals, Judah and fulfil your vows. No more will your enemies invade you, they are totally destroyed.

Nahum 2:1 The Lord will restore the pride of Israel, [all 12 tribes, plus those grafted in] though enemies have ravaged them.
Reference: REB, NIV. Some verses abridged.

Nahum chapters 2 & 3 describes the enemies of the Lord, portrayed by Assyria, as it was destroyed in ancient times, but also what will happen in the future to those who reject the Lord and persecute His people.

Nahum: His name means “comfort, consolation”. He lived about 660 to 610BC, after the Assyrian conquest of the Northern tribes of Israel, but before the Babylonian conquest of Judah in 585BC. Capernaum literally means ‘the village of Nahum”.

Nahum shows God to be slow to anger, but One who will not clear the guilty and will bring His vengeance and retribution to pass. Nineveh was conquered by the Medes and Persians in 612BC as predicted so graphically by Nahum- squadrons of horses charging madly... troops dressed in scarlet...the palace topples down...slave girls moaning like doves....myriads of slain, heaps of corpses...all who hear of your fate clap hands, etc.

But, chapter one, particularly, must be future prophecy as well, as Paul quotes Nahum 1:15 in Romans 10:15. Nahum 1:11 tells about a ‘wicked counsellor’ who comes from Assyria. This has not been fulfilled, it refers to the Anti Christ, still to come.

Then in Nahum 1:12-13 specifically says that Judah is being punished, but after that, their enemies will be no more. Today, the persecution of the Jews still continues – pogroms, the Holocaust, anti Semitism, etc. Therefore, this prophecy is yet to be completed. The final Judgement of Judah will happen at the same time as their enemies. Jeremiah 12:14, Zephaniah 1:1-18, Amos 1 & 2:1-5

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.

You don't think the temple buildings standing at that time have been destroyed yet? Can you tell me where they are? Were they moved to another location? They don't seem to be in the location where one would expect them to be if they were still standing.

Attachments

• upload_2022-5-10_18-15-40.png
    upload_2022-5-10_18-15-40.png
    15 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: