Tithe...NOT a christian doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Acts 15:28-29 prohibit for christians to practice any of the Moses Law. That is including tithe. Tithe is not aloud for christians to teach or practice. Is this a surprissing teach?
Jesus never did teach tithe.
The Apostles did never teach tithe.
The Jerusalem church did never tithe
In all the NT there is not a local church that did tithe.
In all the NT there is not a single christian that did tide.

Tithe is not at all a christian doctrine.
More than that: tithe is not aloud for christians to practice.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Acts 15:28-29 prohibit for christians to practice any of the Moses Law. That is including tithe. Tithe is not aloud for christians to teach or practice. Is this a surprissing teach?

Acts 15:28-29 says no such thing...

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 15:28-29 says no such thing...

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Yea Gypsy.... I let him know that already. But thanks for being a witness.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves ...

We are supposed not to obser any of the Moses Law. Any one of the Moses Law. Being the tithe part of the Moses Law, we are not aloud to practice tithe. It is including all Moses Law except a short list. We are not suposse to observ any Moses Law but a few exeption. Out of all Moses Law we still have to observ: A) abstain from what has been sacrified to idols, B) abstain from blood; C) abstain from what has been strangled, D) abstaing from sexual immorality. Those Moses Law are the only Moses Law that we have to observ. Any other Moses Law is not aloud for the pastors to impose to the christians. That is all Moses Law including Moses tithing.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves ...

We are supposed not to obser any of the Moses Law. Any one of the Moses Law. Being the tithe part of the Moses Law, we are not aloud to practice tithe. It is including all Moses Law except a short list. We are not suposse to observ any Moses Law but a few exeption. Out of all Moses Law we still have to observ: A) abstain from what has been sacrified to idols, B) abstain from blood; C) abstain from what has been strangled, D) abstaing from sexual immorality. Those Moses Law are the only Moses Law that we have to observ. Any other Moses Law is not aloud for the pastors to impose to the christians. That is all Moses Law including Moses tithing.

Which is it?

And...BTW...The Scripture reference you cited still does not support your claim.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Which is it?

And...BTW...The Scripture reference you cited still does not support your claim.

What are you not understanding? We can not, we are not aloud, we are prohibit from observing, teaching and practicing any of the Loses Law, except but a shor list that it is included. Take the Moses Law, list all the over 600 laws, pick those listed, and with all the reamining laws make a list of what not to observ. In the second list, the list not to observ it will be tithing. We are not aloud to tithe, we are prohibited from teaching to tithe. Who ever desobey this, is desobeying the Holy Spirit.
If a person tithe is desobeying the Holy Spirit
If a person require the brother to tithe is being desobedient ton the Holy Spirit
If a person teaches christian tithe is desobeying the Holy Spirit
If a congregation do practice tithe, are desobeying the Holy Spirit
If a person accept the tithe of other is in desobedience to the Holy Spirit

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I made bold and enlarged your two contradicting statements and asked "Which is it"?

Why is it so difficult for you to answer a simple question?

Here...Let me make it easier...

STATEMENT "A"...

We are supposed not to obser any of the Moses Law. Any one of the Moses Law.

STATEMENT "B"...

Out of all Moses Law we still have to observ:

OK...No need for an irrelevant sermon. Just a simple answer...Which is it? Statement "A" OR Statement "B"?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made bold and enlarged your two contradicting statements and asked "Which is it"?

STATEMENT "A"...

STATEMENT "B"...

OK...No need for an irrelevant sermon. Just a simple answer...Which is it? Statement "A" OR Statement "B"?

Gypsy,

Like I said, I tried for a long time to point out to him that Acts 15 doesn't forbid Tithes.... I will be intested is seeing how long you will last before you say "whatever". :)

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Gypsy,

Like I said, I tried for a long time to point out to him that Acts 15 doesn't forbid Tithes.... I will be intested is seeing how long you will last before you say "whatever". :)

I know...You warned me!
ja2.gif

However...When it comes to "distortion of the Scripture" or "out right fabrication" I'm like a dog with a bone.
expander_girl.gif

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011

STATEMENT "A"...

STATEMENT "B"...

According with the Holy Spirit: Both. It is very clear

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Not possible.

Well in that case, Acts 15:28-29 is wrong and the Holy Spirit did a mistake. Is it like this?

28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

A and B

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

A few Scriptures, you draw the conclusions
rolleyes.gif

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

Act 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Act 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
rolleyes.gif

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

Act 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Act 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

How do the scriptures you posted counter [font="tahoma]Goinheix's[/font][/color][color="#2B3730"][font="tahoma][b] [/b][/font][/color][color="#2B3730"][font="tahoma]opinion?[/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][font="tahoma]
[/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][font="tahoma]Malachi is old covenant and the account in Acts mentions nothing about tithing.[/font]

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
How do the scriptures you posted counter [font="tahoma]Goinheix's[/font][/color][color="#2B3730"][font="tahoma][b] [/b][/font][/color][color="#2B3730"][font="tahoma]opinion?[/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][font="tahoma]
[/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][font="tahoma]Malachi is old covenant and the account in Acts mentions nothing about tithing.[/font]

I am sick of people distinguishing between 'old' covenant and 'new.' According to Paul, ALL Scripture is useful for us. Malachi talks about bringing in supplies to God's house, and if we do so, he will bless us! In Acts, it might not have been called tithing, but the people certainly gave alot to the ministry! Call it what you want, tithing, offering, Christians should still support their church. I see no wrong with the word tithing. All it means is 10 percent! Some of us like to give more. LeTorneau is an excellent example of someone who gave much more! More coming on this subject once I've studied about it.

Sadly, it seems that people have missed my point: ALL SCRIPTURE is PROFITABLE!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Well in that case, Acts 15:28-29 is wrong and the Holy Spirit did a mistake. Is it like this?

28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

A and B

No. It is not wrong. You are.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
rolleyes.gif

[sup]1[/sup] The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi. http://www.christianityboard.com/in...&do=reply_post&f=37&t=14449&qpid=119920#_ftn2The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 (Mal 1.1). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
[sup]7[/sup] Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them.http://www.christianityboard.com/in...&do=reply_post&f=37&t=14449&qpid=119920#_ftn1http://www.christianityboard.com/in...=reply_post&f=37&t=14449&qpid=119920#_ftnref1The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 (Mal 3.7). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Malachi is a book directed for Israel for not keeping the Moses Law. It is not a book directed for christians.

Any how...how is that tihing as Malachi is describing is the same asa christian tithe? Christian tithe is over the 10% of all personal income. Malachi/Moses tithe is over the 10% of the land produce alone. Malachi/Moses tithe is not over any other economilcal activity that the produce of the land. It is not over fishing, not over constructing, not over commerce, not over services, not over any other profit that from the produce of the land. Also the Moses/Malachi tithe is for the Temple at Jerusalem; not the local church.

Joses is an excellent example of christians NOT practicing tithe. We can not read of any Christian tithing in the NT. Aquila and Priscila did not tithe; or at least we dont know if they did tithe. In the case of Jeses we do know that he did not tithe.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
What are you not understanding? We can not, we are not aloud, we are prohibit from observing, teaching and practicing any of the Loses Law, except but a shor list that it is included. Take the Moses Law, list all the over 600 laws, pick those listed, and with all the reamining laws make a list of what not to observ. In the second list, the list not to observ it will be tithing. We are not aloud to tithe, we are prohibited from teaching to tithe. Who ever desobey this, is desobeying the Holy Spirit.
If a person tithe is desobeying the Holy Spirit
If a person require the brother to tithe is being desobedient ton the Holy Spirit
If a person teaches christian tithe is desobeying the Holy Spirit
If a congregation do practice tithe, are desobeying the Holy Spirit
If a person accept the tithe of other is in desobedience to the Holy Spirit

-- A person practicing a tithe - willfully giving 10 percent of their income to God, for the glory of God - is disobeying the Holy Spirit?

Ummmmm....no.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
I am sick of people distinguishing between 'old' covenant and 'new.' According to Paul, ALL Scripture is useful for us. Malachi talks about bringing in supplies to God's house, and if we do so, he will bless us! In Acts, it might not have been called tithing, but the people certainly gave alot to the ministry! Call it what you want, tithing, offering, Christians should still support their church. I see no wrong with the word tithing. All it means is 10 percent! Some of us like to give more. LeTorneau is an excellent example of someone who gave much more! More coming on this subject once I've studied about it.

Sadly, it seems that people have missed my point: ALL SCRIPTURE is PROFITABLE!

Offcourse that christians must support the local church. In the NT there is too many verses teaching to be responsible and provide financial support for the church. The point is that despite we giving money, we can not do it by tithing.
Any way..can you provide any verse in the OT saying that tithe is about giving money? Can you provide any verse in the OT saying that tithe is on our income? NOT you CANT

-- A person practicing a tithe - willfully giving 10 percent of their income to God, for the glory of God - is disobeying the Holy Spirit?

Ummmmm....no.

willfullyng tihing is willfulling getting back under the slavery of the Law.
Galatians 5

Status
Not open for further replies.