Bible Question Concerning Resurrection And The AferLife

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“‘Verily, verily, I say to you — There cometh an hour, and it now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and those having heard shall live;

for, as the Father hath life in himself, so He gave also to the Son to have life in himself, and authority He gave him also to do judgment, because he is Son of Man.

‘Wonder not at this, because there doth come an hour in which all those in the tombs shall hear his voice, and they shall come forth;

those who did the good things to a rising again of life, and those who practised the evil things to a rising again of judgment.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭25‬-‭29‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Jesus tells the truth here of two resurrections, one of life and one of judgment.

Many people just stop here;

“and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls — according to their works; and the sea did give up those dead in it, and the death and the hades did give up the dead in them, and they were judged, each one according to their works; and the death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire — this [is] the second death; and if any one was not found written in the scroll of the life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20‬:‭12‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

The next two chapters are a renewal chapters,

“he who is overcoming shall inherit all things, and I will be to him — a God, and he shall be to me — the son, and to fearful, and unstedfast, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the liars, their part [is] in the lake that is burning with fire and brimstone, which is a second death.’”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭7‬-‭8‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

See, they were placed into the lake of fire in Revelation 20; now you have unbelievers having a part in the fire in 21,

And in 22,

“‘Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city; and without [are] the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

You have unbelievers outside of the kingdom.

The question becomes; does God seek to keep everyone alive ; good and bad?

Aside from the three in the lake of fire forever?