Tokyo Introduces Transparent Toilet Rooms

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oseas, I don't know what your motive is, but I have not been in a very patient/let it go mood lately. Please do not use scripture to judge people, or I will report you. If the thread bothers you, leave. I find it interesting and God's Word says laughter is good medicine, so drink up or leave it alone.

Reactions: April_Rose and DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oseas, I don't know what your motive is, but I have not been in a very patient/let it go mood lately. Please do not use scripture to judge people, or I will report you. If the thread bothers you, leave. I find it interesting and God's Word says laughter is good medicine, so drink up or leave it alone.
I'm feeling the same way, this guy is rather disturbing , even from the start. Finger on the Report link....

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To give the benefit of the doubt there's a playground area. I would want to see if my child is safe if I had to really go I guess. But i don't know.

I don't think I would want to use it, or my kids to use it, but I think that would be neat to look at up close and see how it works. Very neat idea.

As far as the playground goes, my kids wouldnt pay much attention to it, if it was just there as normal.

Reactions: dev553344

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD. JESUS said: Matt.12:v.36-37
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

He whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that GOD is true. He that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;
but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand. If the Word of GOD - the Word is GOD - bothers you, I must say that He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings
(kings made by Him) and LORD of lords

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I would want to use it, or my kids to use it, but I think that would be neat to look at up close and see how it works. Very neat idea.

As far as the playground goes, my kids wouldnt pay much attention to it, if it was just there as normal.
are you saying i want kids to use it or i want to use it?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just reported him...

Reactions: April_Rose

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just reported him...
tch tch tch, .....it's surprising what is considered threatening .....while other posts which require rebuke are given an ovation!
......at least we know those given to reporting.....and having posts unjustifiably removed

Michael1985

Sep 30, 2020
British Columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even though I'm hearing about this a year later I found this rather interesting and somewhat disturbing that I thought that I would share it with you guys. What happens if somebody forgets to lock the door or it malfunctions or something? o_O

Do I dare ask what you were looking at on the Internet that prompted you to hear about this? o_O

Reactions: April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anybody that thinks Tokyo is a leader in good new ideas, like the invisible toilet, here's a good one for you: I had to make sure there wasn't anything too visually sick in this news story, but yeah, here it is: (removed link as it was a little too inappropriate when I scrolled lower: but it was an article about the birthrate in Japan being lower due to sex robots, here's a more classy article on the issue: Sex robots may cause psychological damage)

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They used to sell these same transparent windows on "Edmun Scientific" which is a cool science item supplier for science minded people. I bought some of my magnets from them. But yeah they sell the same electric windows for homes now: Switchable Glass | Privacy Glass | Smartglass International

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anybody that thinks Tokyo is a leader in good new ideas, like the invisible toilet, here's a good one for you: I had to make sure there wasn't anything too visually sick in this news story, but yeah, here it is: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/6851057/sex-robots-japan-birth-rate/

I don't click on anything with "sex" and "robots" but it is cool what people come up with as far as a stall. And people come up with very cool ideas. The transparency makes it look like different colors as the sun shines through the glass. And you can't really see the toilets unless you are up close I bet. Id still not use it. LOL

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They used to sell these same transparent windows on "Edmun Scientific" which is a cool science item supplier for science minded people. I bought some of my magnets from them. But yeah they sell the same electric windows for homes now: Switchable Glass | Privacy Glass | Smartglass International

What is Switchable Glass?
Privacy Smartglass, also referred to as privacy glass or switchable glass, is electric switchable glass with adjustable opacity. It uses electro-chromatic technology to interchange between transparency and an opaque state by applying voltage. Privacy Smartglass can change from clear to a frosted appearance at the flick of a switch while allowing light to pass through from both sides.

Pretty cool. I think it would be cool as like a shower glass door

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't click on anything with "sex" and "robots" but it is cool what people come up with as far as a stall. And people come up with very cool ideas. The transparency makes it look like different colors as the sun shines through the glass. And you can't really see the toilets unless you are up close I bet. Id still not use it. LOL

Yeah, I'm more of a watcher, and like to know what the world is up to. So I do have a look. But some people have to stay clear. I understand. I imagine you might not make a very happy jury duty person then.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm more of a watcher, and like to know what the world is up to. So I do have a look. But some people have to stay clear. I understand. I imagine you might not make a very happy jury duty person then.

Me too. If I can stay on the right subjects. LOL. A lot of the war/political/controversial topics in the world, sad news, they just drain my spirit. It is refreshing to look at a news topic that just makes me laugh. Pretty cool.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would tend to agree with the people that think this invisible bathroom idea is a bad idea. If the glass was transparent because the electricity was applied and opaque when the electricity was not applied, then "perhaps" it might be a good idea and I might consider it. But by current design electrical failure might leave the user exposed and that is a violation of human rights and decency. The fact that Japan has already forced this idea on the general population in publicly visible areas says something.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of the war/political/controversial topics in the world, sad news, they just drain my spirit. It is refreshing to look at a news topic that just makes me laugh. Pretty cool.
That's where I'm at now. I got snookered into the agenda of the world during the Trump era. And now I have no more stomach for the life draining politics and economics of the world (Ecclesiastes 5:8). Now I'm into videos about cats, dogs, fails (lol), and have watched a couple of interesting Titanic informational videos. So I guess videos about transparent toilets fits in there too, lol. I'm sick of the click bait Trump this, and Trump that videos, and the sky is falling economic warning videos. Very few political and economic videos and news stories capture my attention now. Thank God!

14In the day of prosperity, be joyful,
but in the day of adversity, consider this:
God has made one of these along with the other,
so that a man cannot discover anything that will come after him. Ecclesiastes 7:14

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I'd fill my shorts like a 6 month old baby before I used that thing. At least people wouldn't stare if I did that, lol. They'd wish I had a wall between me and them.
trying-to-act-professional-and-hold-my-laughter.jpg