Tongue Babbling and Prophesying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;30078)
Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Kriss, I hear this a lot speaking against tongues. My understanding of this is that his people should seek Him (God). I did this! I did not go after familiar spirits(of the dead). I do not know if you were implying this or not. But I was sincere in my questions that I ask.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No insinuations were made I do not believe tongues as used in chuchs today is biblical I am not nessarily soley speaking to you when I posted so please do not take it personalas there are others on this thread.I was just reasearching this topic this morning and posting what I found you had asked for scripture so I was posting what I found not just to you but for all reading sorry if it came across as an insinuation of some sort

Nov 8, 2007
(setfree;30072)
Sorry unothodox christian,Didn't mean to take away from your post. I get excited when I hear about prophecy and the gifts, I am in a church that does not move in them, I can see how they would add so much to a worship service.
No need for you to Apologize, but the Tongue Speaking came before any prophesying was Done. So that's why I brought it up. I won't post anymore Tongue Speaking or Prophecy on here anymore, just to the brothers and sisters of this city. I will keep my peace....

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;30215)
No need for you to Apologize, but the Tongue Speaking came before any prophesying was Done. So that's why I brought it up. I won't post anymore Tongue Speaking or Prophecy on here anymore, just to the brothers and sisters of this city. I will keep my peace....
It was a great testimony, Brother ! I don't mind you to tell more of your experiences with God in a future. There is no perfect Church on this earth. There is always something wrong or missing. Churches are full of imperfect people, but The Holy Spirit still works through us. God is in control even in imperfect church.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(setfree;29843)
When praying in tongues, I have experience visions. This is my private prayer, these vision in part came true to some degree later. The tongues in the church, this you interpreted, right? Therefore it was equall to prophecy in church. This is what I understand from scripture and your experience. Am I right?Tongues in private edify(build up yourself). 1 Corinthians 14:4. But verse 5 says that if you speak in tongues and interprete in church it is equal to prophecy.This is a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing.
Speaking in tongue and prophesy is completely different.Prophesy is saying things which are going to happen. It doesn't need interpretation. Speaking in tongue is saying things that hearers do not understand and requires interpretation.Paul said about tongue and prophesy in 1 Corinthians 14:39-40: Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy , and do not forbid speaking in tongues. But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. Clear?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Shan Missions;30347)
Speaking in tongue and prophesy is completely different.Prophesy is saying things which are going to happen. It doesn't need interpretation. Speaking in tongue is saying things that hearers do not understand and requires interpretation.Paul said about tongue and prophesy in 1 Corinthians 14:39-40: Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy , and do not forbid speaking in tongues. But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. Clear?
While praying in tongues I would see these things. So are you saying this is prophecy?