Tongue Babbling and Prophesying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
Well I know they think I'm attacking them when honestly I'll give my two Pennies. Some people say that the tongue speaking is that of another language then translated. Yesterday I felt the Full effect of Surrender myself unto the Lord. I went to the alter call and I told the Lord I will not leave til you clear my mind, body and soul of evil, and fill me with your Holy Ghost. Soon enough I came back to the pew praying, crying my heart out! I told the Lord have your way. Soon enough I began to violently shake, I started speaking in some short of Language and I couldn't help myself. Soon later near the end of Service, my thoughts became clear, I saw thunder, fire, and Wind, and my tongue and mouth were as numb as ever. And then as Filled as the people of Pentecost Were I prophesied. Screaming, as soon as I was done, I WAS DRAINED!

Nov 8, 2007
The Coming Judgment for California. The Dream about Extreme Winds, IT CAME TO PASS. The Prelude to the coming Judgment of CALIFORNIA, many streets were flooded, AND it's a foreshadow of What's to come. Three Transgressions, and for Four will I not take away my Punishment. Earthquake, Fire, Winds, Water.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;29804)
Well I know they think I'm attacking them when honestly I'll give my two Pennies. Some people say that the tongue speaking is that of another language then translated. Yesterday I felt the Full effect of Surrender myself unto the Lord. I went to the alter call and I told the Lord I will not leave til you clear my mind, body and soul of evil, and fill me with your Holy Ghost. Soon enough I came back to the pew praying, crying my heart out! I told the Lord have your way. Soon enough I began to violently shake, I started speaking in some short of Language and I couldn't help myself. Soon later near the end of Service, my thoughts became clear, I saw thunder, fire, and Wind, and my tongue and mouth were as numb as ever. And then as Filled as the people of Pentecost Were I prophesied. Screaming, as soon as I was done, I WAS DRAINED!
I suspect that you are being truthful and not flaming. At least I hope so.God is great. He blesses us all as he sees fit. He never leaves us empty handed. The word that jumps out at me is "surrender". That is the key. That means a willingness to go wherever he leads. That means it is unconditional.Too often people come to God with wrong motives and expectations or more often they come with God in a box. They are not willing to go all of the way because they have put limits on God. Not surprisingly they find this confirmed when they don't experience his full blessing. A surrendered heart is one that is able to be changed. It is one that puts no limits on God. A surrendered Christian's worldview has no limit because their God has no limit. Many people call themselves Christians and I will not judge who is or isn't. But they feel comfortable with a God who is predictable and shows up on Sunday. They don't like feeling uncomfortable. But we grow most when we are stretched.A lot of people do not want to open up parts of their lives to God. They withhold. Some do not want to be led because they are fearful of where they might end up. Some people fear blessing because someone might judge them as being crazy or fanatical.Thank you for sharing. May God continue to bless you. Dunamite
Matthew 13: 57 But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor." 58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.​
God has no limits, but sometimes we limit him with our unbelief.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Unorthodox Christian;29809)
The Coming Judgment for California. The Dream about Extreme Winds, IT CAME TO PASS. The Prelude to the coming Judgment of CALIFORNIA, many streets were flooded, AND it's a foreshadow of What's to come. Three Transgressions, and for Four will I not take away my Punishment. Earthquake, Fire, Winds, Water.
But you saw this in your mind it was not in the tongue because an unknown tongue is not in Gods word Im not questioning your experience as I can not judge but the tongue had nothing to do with the prophesising

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
When praying in tongues, I have experience visions. This is my private prayer, these vision in part came true to some degree later. The tongues in the church, this you interpreted, right? Therefore it was equall to prophecy in church. This is what I understand from scripture and your experience. Am I right?Tongues in private edify(build up yourself). 1 Corinthians 14:4. But verse 5 says that if you speak in tongues and interprete in church it is equal to prophecy.This is a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;29826)
But you saw this in your mind it was not in the tongue because an unknown tongue is not in Gods word Im not questioning your experience as I can not judge but the tongue had nothing to do with the prophesising
Kriss, tongues is the Holy Spirit praying in a language that you do not understand through you. You do not understand what you are saying. 1 Corinthians 14:14. But when you pray for the interpretations (1 Corinthians14:13), this is by revelation, knowledge, prophecy or doctrine. The tongues profit the church if you interpret and the church recieves these listed.This is my understanding and experience with tongues.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;29843)
When praying in tongues, I have experience visions. This is my private prayer, these vision in part came true to some degree later. The tongues in the church, this you interpreted, right? Therefore it was equall to prophecy in church. This is what I understand from scripture and your experience. Am I right?Tongues in private edify(build up yourself). 1 Corinthians 14:4. But verse 5 says that if you speak in tongues and interprete in church it is equal to prophecy.This is a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing.
No that is not what it says it says this should never be spoken in church without an interpter 27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

Nov 8, 2007
Yet I spoke Three times in Tongues and all THREE TIMES did I interpret. The Second Time being the Prophecy of Judgment the Other Two Times for the Edification of the Church. I will humble myself now.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;29849)
No that is not what it says it says this should never be spoken in church without an interpter 27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
Where did I say it is to be spoken without an interpreter in the church?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I only know what scripture says 1 cor. speaks only of hearing and speaking forgein languages Tongues greek word Glossa meaning: a tongue a) the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other nationsno where in the manuscripts is the word unknown used it was added by manActs was miracle up there with the Parting of the Red Sea it was preceeded by the sound of wind aloud noise and everyone understood this was a one time in the past and a one time in the future Miracle it is not unknown babble thats what Gods word says so no matter the claim of men its not What the Word says and prophesize can mean teach a thing a truth present or future Im not denying unorthodox prophecy for it was a picture in his mind that time will prove right or wrong I just doubt the tongues had any thing to do with it.He could have had the same had he just been praying quitely at home if God had choosen to give it to him.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Let me take these one at a time. I believe my post stated that tongues was a language. It is a language not learned by the one speaking. Verse 2 says that he speaks in the spirit mysteries to God.Is this not correct?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
That was the gift of understanding and speaking forgein languages so that the new church could teach those who spoke other languages it was a temperay gift and had nothing to do with unknown babble

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Acts 2:17-18 - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;29953)
Where in the scriptures does it say it was given to teach other people?
prophisisize means to teach

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(setfree;29958)
Where did you get the definition for this?
Let me ask you a question. Did not the prophets, Moses, David etc prohesy the future prophecy before Christ was born? And then Christ fulfill the things that was referring to His first coming. But we still need to prophecy the second coming and Satan is going to be here before Christ comes.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
theSuperjag, I ask this question because kriss limited prophecy to just teaching, I wanted to know where she got this because I believe it is more.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
The definition I understand is in Hebrew it means to flow forth. Greek means to speak for another. Prophecy in 1 Corinthians 14:3 is to edify, exhort, and comfort.