Tongues of fire?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about His words. I am talking about yours, which you seem to make up as we go along.

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(Born again by baptism)

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” Understand this in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacrament of baptism. We are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king.

Faith and baptism makes us Christians
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burned over district
Pentecostals
Charismatics

All fall under the heresy of the
Montanists

condemned in the second century by the holy apostles in the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

(Born again by baptism)

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” Understand this in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacrament of baptism. We are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king.

Faith and baptism makes us Christians
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38
What is your point. We can all quote scripture but knowing what they mean is another story altogether.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matt 28:19
The apostles are Ordained by Christ
In the name of the father and of the son and of the HS

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

clean or pure water
Sprinkle

1. So the apostles wore dog collars?
2. Why didn't the NTC baptise in the trinity?
3. What has the OT got to do with it? He was talking to the Jews. Are you a Jew?
4. Yeah, so what?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. What has the OT got to do with it? He was talking to the Jews. Are you a Jew?
4. Yeah, so what?

the book of James only applies to men named James right?
You can only be baptized by immersion in the Jordan by John the Baptist too?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. Yeah, so what?

teaching of the apostles from the early church acts 2:42

the whole thing is in the apologetics forum page 3 in 4 parts

And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptizeinto the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptismlet the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. Yeah, so what?

until the heretical Protestant false teacher / preachers religious leaders always had special clothing

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
until the heretical Protestant false teacher / preachers religious leaders always had special clothing
4. Yeah, so what?

Going to answer my other questions or are they in the too hard basket?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
teaching of the apostles from the early church acts 2:42

the whole thing is in the apologetics forum page 3 in 4 parts

And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptizeinto the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptismlet the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

There is no mention of dog collars in Acts 2: 42.
Why didn't the NTC baptise in the trinity. I am asking you but I have a feeling you can't answer the question. And I am waiting for your answer to questions 3 and 4. Have you got one or are you just bluffing?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the book of James only applies to men named James right?
You can only be baptized by immersion in the Jordan by John the Baptist too?
Wrong on both counts.

The book of James applies to all those who he wrote to and all believers who read the bible.

Anyone can be baptised in the Jordan by anyone. In fact I know that some of the messianic communities in Israel baptise their members in the Jordan.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
refers to the ritual of Christian baptism
Christian baptism is not a ritual. It is part of the new covenant and required for salvation.
Wrong on both counts.

The book of James applies to all those who he wrote to and all believers who read the bible.

Anyone can be baptised in the Jordan by anyone. In fact I know that some of the messianic communities in Israel baptise their members in the Jordan.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Where is this in the New Testament?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. Yeah, so what?

Going to answer my other questions or are they in the too hard basket?

yes

the OT has promises and types and prophesy
Not Jews but revelation is for all men

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no mention of dog collars in Acts 2: 42.
Why didn't the NTC baptise in the trinity. I am asking you but I have a feeling you can't answer the question. And I am waiting for your answer to questions 3 and 4. Have you got one or are you just bluffing?

That was about baptism
You sarcasm about Roman collars is without response find Christian respect
Virtue

Equality: all are one in Christ
But we have different roles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong on both counts.

you can only be baptized once and by proper minister of the sacraments except in the tread of imminent death