Topic: Sin - Individualistic Viewer Ship - Please Share

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, my name is Matthew and this is a thread that I would like to ask you, the individual reading this, something.

The Bible talks about sin, and Jesus also talks about sin, and Paul talks about sin, and John talks about sin.

Therefore due to this subject being in the bible, and to throw this in there that sin is known in Greek definition to miss the mark. It is an archery term.

With knowing Jesus has paid for the sins of all the world.

Do you believe that there is a need to address sin (Fleshly carnal mind) (to have biblical understanding of our flesh) in your own individualistic life while having the desire to get closer to God by knowing him more? And learning to rely on the spirit? And also reading and studying the Bible?

Is it good?
Is it bad?
What do you think about sin?
What does the Bible say about sin?
What is needed to help us if and we fall into sin which we do sometimes?

(Please share scripture you would like to share, that help encourage you in the faith, and in the Bible that help you overcome things, and reminders that God is there?)

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I also understand that in the biblical sense 'sin' is to miss the mark; fall short of the Father's standards and because of that fact we are all separated from him. This to my understanding is 'original sin' something that is common to all humans because it is that sin which originated originally in the Garden of Eden that has cause all mankind to be forever separated from the Creator God.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

The only way to be reconciled to God is to confess our sin, seek forgiveness for it and turn our backs on it forever. Now that is where Jesus comes in; we can't do it alone, but once we have given our lives to Jesus and died to self then we become part of god's family and he no longer sees the sin in us because we are covered by the righteousness of Jesus through his shed blood. A bit like an orphaned lamb is accepted by a bereaved ewe. When the orphan has been covered in the skin of her own dead lamb the ewe will then accept it as her own. Just as when we are covered by the blood of Jesus God accepts us as his own.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

But even as we are being transformed by the renewing of our minds, as well as the new spiritual nature we still have our old human natures within us which will fight against our new spiritual nature. We are free from sin in as much as we no longer live sinful lives; but we are not free of the temptations and the pride and other sin which is being dealt with as we grow closer to God. We are a work in progress but the bible tells us:

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phillipians 1:6

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Pearl,

Thank you so much for sharing, with your point of view and use of scripture. It seems to me that the word of God is of most certain help when it comes to the many different topics that talked about throughout the Bible.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

If there are others who would like to share, even if it is the same thing please do shy away from sharing your thoughts, or even bringing up for discussion what you may find in scripture. Thank you so much, and God bless you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Enoch111,

Would you like to share with scripture how a Christian is not a sinner?

John who wrote revelation wrote to believers in his day, about if we claim to have no sin, then we walk not in truth, then you have scripture that talks about dying to sin, putting off the old man, and putting on Christ.

This can be confusing to some.

You are right about the Bible talking about righteousness and focusing on that, however the Bible talk about as mentioned how Christians should put off the old man, and to put on Christ.

These are important principles aren’t they?

How can one reach that if they do not know or haven’t learned about it?

In the Bible it talks about dying to sin, and being baptized in to Christ death, are those important for a Christian to know as believers in the death, burial, and resurrection?

Thank you for taking time to comment,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also understand that in the biblical sense 'sin' is to miss the mark; fall short of the Father's standards and because of that fact we are all separated from him. This to my understanding is 'original sin' something that is common to all humans because it is that sin which originated originally in the Garden of Eden that has cause all mankind to be forever separated from the Creator God.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

The only way to be reconciled to God is to confess our sin, seek forgiveness for it and turn our backs on it forever. Now that is where Jesus comes in; we can't do it alone, but once we have given our lives to Jesus and died to self then we become part of god's family and he no longer sees the sin in us because we are covered by the righteousness of Jesus through his shed blood. A bit like an orphaned lamb is accepted by a bereaved ewe. When the orphan has been covered in the skin of her own dead lamb the ewe will then accept it as her own. Just as when we are covered by the blood of Jesus God accepts us as his own.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

But even as we are being transformed by the renewing of our minds, as well as the new spiritual nature we still have our old human natures within us which will fight against our new spiritual nature. We are free from sin in as much as we no longer live sinful lives; but we are not free of the temptations and the pride and other sin which is being dealt with as we grow closer to God. We are a work in progress but the bible tells us:

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phillipians 1:6

Yes but since you agree that God made a way to reconcile mankind back to himself the sin that separated us from God in the garden of Eden wasn't a forever separation. Righteous mankind will forever live on this planet earth just as God purposed.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would you like to share with scripture how a Christian is not a sinner?
Please note what is stated in 1 Corinthians 1:2: Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: So how does Paul address the Christians at Corinth (even though we know that he called some of them carnal in this epistle and rebuked them for it)?

1. "The church of God which is at Corinth" -- or the "called out ones of God" in Corinth.

2. "Them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus" -- this is in the past tense which means they were saved and set apart for God.

3. "Called saints" -- the [to be] is in italics so that should be disregarded -- all genuine Christians are saints.

So do you see anything here labeling Christians as "sinners"? Sinners saved by grace are indeed "saints" and should focus on holiness and righteousness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch,

Subsequently to your question no I do not see Paul addressing anyone at that church of Corinthians as sinners in his opening statement.

Can I ask you one question, about what you shared with me? Which to you would be more important to be considered a saint of God, or child or Son or daughter of God?

Now I realize you are sharing with me Paul writing and addressing and him calling them saints. He does mention sanctified, and I believe that pertains to the life of a Christian as they progress forward into their intimate relationship with God and having faith, having love for God and and others as Christ had made commandment.

You don’t have to share with me, and I do not disagree with you on the biblical principles of focusing on righteousness. However there is a principle it seems to come to Jesus and him talking about cutting out your eye and hands pertaining to sin or darkness maybe?

Why does Jesus say these things?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but since you agree that God made a way to reconcile mankind back to himself the sin that separated us from God in the garden of Eden wasn't a forever separation. Righteous mankind will forever live on this planet earth just as God purposed.
You seem not to have read the full post. Unless you come to Jesus the separation is forever. As I stated:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, my name is Matthew and this is a thread that I would like to ask you, the individual reading this, something.

The Bible talks about sin, and Jesus also talks about sin, and Paul talks about sin, and John talks about sin.

Therefore due to this subject being in the bible, and to throw this in there that sin is known in Greek definition to miss the mark. It is an archery term.

With knowing Jesus has paid for the sins of all the world.

Do you believe that there is a need to address sin (Fleshly carnal mind) (to have biblical understanding of our flesh) in your own individualistic life while having the desire to get closer to God by knowing him more? And learning to rely on the spirit? And also reading and studying the Bible?

Is it good?
Is it bad?
What do you think about sin?
What does the Bible say about sin?
What is needed to help us if and we fall into sin which we do sometimes?

(Please share scripture you would like to share, that help encourage you in the faith, and in the Bible that help you overcome things, and reminders that God is there?)

Another great topic as usual Matt. It is good to state point blank that although Jesus' ransom releases us from sin, those who practice sin, are not ransomed.
(Hebrews 10:26) . . .if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left. . .
All Christians sin, but we choose to commit serious sins. By serious I mean sins that will cost us our everlasting life, some examples are found at 1 Cor 6:9,10. Each one of those listed are a choice, and God always provides a way out when we are tempted beyond what we can bear.
(1 Corinthians 10:13) . . .No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

Some sound advice I once received, which may sound strange at first, is to play the fantasy to the end. For example, immorality is the most practiced sin among Christians and one of satans best weapons, yes the desire can be extremely strong, yet if we play it to the end a true Christian will realize that they are going to be extremely saddened they failed, maybe even to the point of depression. It will hang over your head forever, and no doubt while committing the act you will be on top of the world so to speak, it is an extremely short lived feeling. Then all sorts of things can happen, vengeance from others, perhaps an unwanted pregnancy. Learn from this example that brings me to tears (even now) when I think about it, a friend of mine who would sack with whatever he could get got a girl pregnant, left her cold, but thanks to the law he was forced to pay child support, and he felt abused by having to do that. What really tears me up is his child came to meet his father when he became of age, and the jerk ran him off wanting nothing to do with him. Personally I realize the kid was much better off not having to deal with such an individual as him, but it is extremely sad to see what the kid had to go through. Not only that, he had a brother and sister from his dad, but was forbidden their friendship, perhaps that has been rectified now, I am unsure.

At any rate, please think ahead of what kind of pain or consequences that might result from our sins.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem not to have read the full post. Unless you come to Jesus the separation is forever. As I stated:

Yes I read the post and because you said in your post that those of mankind who do recognize Jesus as the seed of promise that God is using to undo what Satan caused in the garden of Eden then the separation of mankind from God isn't a forever separation, because mankind as a whole will be saved. There will be individuals of mankind who will not accept Jesus as the seed of promise and their separation will be a forever separation, but mankind itself will be saved in spite of the fact that some individuals in mankind will be forever separated from God

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another great topic as usual Matt. It is good to state point blank that although Jesus' ransom releases us from sin, those who practice sin, are not ransomed.
(Hebrews 10:26) . . .if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left. . .
All Christians sin, but we choose to commit serious sins. By serious I mean sins that will cost us our everlasting life, some examples are found at 1 Cor 6:9,10. Each one of those listed are a choice, and God always provides a way out when we are tempted beyond what we can bear.
(1 Corinthians 10:13) . . .No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

Some sound advice I once received, which may sound strange at first, is to play the fantasy to the end. For example, immorality is the most practiced sin among Christians and one of satans best weapons, yes the desire can be extremely strong, yet if we play it to the end a true Christian will realize that they are going to be extremely saddened they failed, maybe even to the point of depression. It will hang over your head forever, and no doubt while committing the act you will be on top of the world so to speak, it is an extremely short lived feeling. Then all sorts of things can happen, vengeance from others, perhaps an unwanted pregnancy. Learn from this example that brings me to tears (even now) when I think about it, a friend of mine who would sack with whatever he could get got a girl pregnant, left her cold, but thanks to the law he was forced to pay child support, and he felt abused by having to do that. What really tears me up is his child came to meet his father when he became of age, and the jerk ran him off wanting nothing to do with him. Personally I realize the kid was much better off not having to deal with such an individual as him, but it is extremely sad to see what the kid had to go through. Not only that, he had a brother and sister from his dad, but was forbidden their friendship, perhaps that has been rectified now, I am unsure.

At any rate, please think ahead of what kind of pain or consequences that might result from our sins.

Thank you for your honesty and sharing your convictions when it comes down to the consequences, of sin. How it can harden the heart of a person, from the darkness of our own evil thoughts. Which aren’t rectified until knowing the truth and hearing the word of God! Praise be to God who is able to help overcome these dark intentions, and have good light hearted intentions if we walk by the Holy Spirit of God and the spirit of Christ given to us. And ask him to help us in our temptation. As you said they can result into trouble, and sad situations for friends and family members we come in contact with.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert Twin said:
All Christians sin, but we choose to commit serious sins. By serious I mean sins that will cost us our everlasting life, some examples are found at 1 Cor 6:9,10. Each one of those listed are a choice, and God always provides a way out when we are tempted beyond what we can bear.[/QUOTE\]

All those sins in 1Corinthians 6:9,10 are very serious sins that's true, but if a Christian is truly repentant of what he/she has done God will forgive them.

The sin mentioned at Hebrews 10:26-29 does not apply to one from which the sinner is able to repent in sincere grief, appealing to God through Jesus for divine mercy. Because a person who truly wants to repent still recognizes Jesus as the Only Begotten Son of God and that his sacrifice has redeeming value. Hebrews 10 :26-29 is speaking about sinners who have actually renounced the Son of God as their savior and esteemed his sacrifice as having no redeeming value. Hebrews 6:4-6.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I read the post and because you said in your post that those of mankind who do recognize Jesus as the seed of promise that God is using to undo what Satan caused in the garden of Eden then the separation of mankind from God isn't a forever separation, because mankind as a whole will be saved. There will be individuals of mankind who will not accept Jesus as the seed of promise and their separation will be a forever separation, but mankind itself will be saved in spite of the fact that some individuals in mankind will be forever separated from God
So you believe that it isn't just those who are Christians who will be saved?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that it isn't just those who are Christians who will be saved?

No, I agree that those who are righteous among mankind will be saved, but because they, meaning those God judges to be righteous will be saved, and that Adam before he sinned has always represented righteous mankind, then mankind as a whole will be saved because God intended or it was God's will that righteous mankind fill the earth and live forever on it in the first place. So even though mankind was separated from God when Adam sinned, this was to be a temporary separation since God basically said at Genesis 3:15 he was going to use a seed to undo everything that the angel who became Satan did in the garden of Eden. I know there will be some individuals that will be lost, who will be destroyed forever because of lack of faith in the true God but since originally it was God will for righteous mankind to live forever on earth and all those who will be on the earth will be righteous then as a whole those intended or those who it was God's will to be on earth, will be on earth. Mankind, righteous mankind that is, will not be lost or separated forever. Unlike what most people believe this universe including planet earth with righteous mankind living on it will stand forever.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your honesty and sharing your convictions when it comes down to the consequences, of sin. How it can harden the heart of a person, from the darkness of our own evil thoughts. Which aren’t rectified until knowing the truth and hearing the word of God! Praise be to God who is able to help overcome these dark intentions, and have good light hearted intentions if we walk by the Holy Spirit of God and the spirit of Christ given to us. And ask him to help us in our temptation. As you said they can result into trouble, and sad situations for friends and family members we come in contact with.

I can say from experience that since I did not become a Christian in actuality till my mid 40's, that I wish my parents were so I could have been raised in the truth. I always had a love for God, but was far from living my life in obedience. So the point I am making is, that it is best to seek God today, as so many things I have done in the past haunt me. I mean they literally hurt me, many times bringing me to tears, wishing I would have not done what I did. Part of it is growing up, but most of it is from loving God, which moves me to love others, although I am somewhat lacking in the latter. Not being raised as a Christian does have its advantages I believe, as I can say hands down my life is so much better now obeying Jehovah's commandments that it was when I did whatever I wanted. To coin a phrase from the Raven, see how easy life can be.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I agree that those who are righteous among mankind will be saved, but because they, meaning those God judges to be righteous will be saved, and that Adam before he sinned has always represented righteous mankind, then mankind as a whole will be saved because God intended or it was God's will that righteous mankind fill the earth and live forever on it in the first place. So even though mankind was separated from God when Adam sinned, this was to be a temporary separation since God basically said at Genesis 3:15 he was going to use a seed to undo everything that the angel who became Satan did in the garden of Eden. I know there will be some individuals that will be lost, who will be destroyed forever because of lack of faith in the true God but since originally it was God will for righteous mankind to live forever on earth and all those who will be on the earth will be righteous then as a whole those intended or those who it was God's will to be on earth, will be on earth. Mankind, righteous mankind that is, will not be lost or separated forever. Unlike what most people believe this universe including planet earth with righteous mankind living on it will stand forever.

He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. John 1:11-13

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. John 1:11-13

What are you trying to say with the use of this Scripture.