Tornado Outbreaks & Severe Weather

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! Thank you for sounding the alarm. I was here, last night for awhile, praying as they popped up. A prayer of faith He will hear and act. Many things like this are appointed, unless repentance is heard in the land.
You're right. I do believe that as believers, we can rebuke storms as Jesus did. Thank you for praying!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in Peachtree City, neighbor to Newnan,about 10 miles away.
My husband and I lived close by way back in 1993/1994. Sorry to hear about the destruction in Newnan... glad you're okay!

Reactions: April_Rose

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right. I do believe that as believers, we can rebuke storms as Jesus did. Thank you for praying!

Blessings in Christ Jesus! I believe that you can, with all of your heart. There is a reason, the two to come, will be clothed in sack cloth. They will have a heart to love, to intercede for the whole of creation, as well as what is written about them. If we as Christians are truly covered in The Blood of Jesus and sealed unto The Day of redemption, then things like these will Pass Over us as was done in the days of old. It will make us a little nervous(in the flesh) but it will not come near our tent(abode). As The Lord is very protective of those that are truly His. Have a blessed night.

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the 90s, I was passionate about pier fishing for salmon. One night I arrived to see a storm moving in from the lake. I didn't have a raincoat, and September after dark on Lake Ontario was too cold to fish wet. I remembered that Jesus had rebuked a storm.
While not comparable to a tornado, back then a failed salmon fishing trip was a disaster. I commanded the storm to go back over the lake, stay there until I allowed it to come back. It actually did! When I'd finished fishing and was leaving, I told it that it could come back in. And it did!
This happened a few months after I encountered my Father's love for me, through the 1994 southern Ontario move of God. It was so easy to believe back then...this next move is going to be amazing! We're all going to have our work cut out for us!
I can see a wave...

Reactions: lilygrace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am fine, it went all around us. Sprinkles....
They do not know how many tornados were moving through. North St. Louis hit hard.
Edwardsville, Illinois ....Amazon major hub was hit....a lot of people trapped in side. They are still trying to rescue them.
Nursing home in Arkansas hit hard.
Arkansas and Illinois and Kentucky still being pounded.
There will be a lot of it in the news tomorrow morning.
Death toll minimal but by morning there will probably be more.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am fine, it went all around us. Sprinkles....
They do not know how many tornados were moving through. North St. Louis hit hard.
Edwardsville, Illinois ....Amazon major hub was hit....a lot of people trapped in side. They are still trying to rescue them.
Nursing home in Arkansas hit hard.
Arkansas and Illinois and Kentucky still being pounded.
There will be a lot of it in the news tomorrow morning.
Death toll minimal but by morning there will probably be more.
thnak you for checking in. been praying and anxioius. my area rarely gets tornadoes but had gotten more than usual in the past some years. i just hope for power outages and no wifi being the only t hing to prevent some from checking in :(

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @lilygrace ...hugs
We all made it through so far ... going to sleep...no electricity since about 8pm. We don't know how long it will be since damage is extensive. (Our neighborhood is okay as far as I can tell.) Good night, y'all and thank you to all who have prayed.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I woke up to high winds here in the Pacific Northwest. Checked the news and saw that they are having a tornado outbreak over there. Praying.

I would have never thought a new building like Amazon would have a roof collapse.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for everyone affected by this, and pray the government is quick to respond with aid and shelter for those injured and left without a home.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @lilygrace ...hugs
We all made it through so far ... going to sleep...no electricity since about 8pm. We don't know how long it will be since damage is extensive. (Our neighborhood is okay as far as I can tell.) Good night, y'all and thank you to all who have prayed.
Glad you and your family are ok, keep safe and extra prayers going out to you and your family, and that you make it through this unscathed.

God Bless.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read the news and that was no normal tornado outbreak. They're talking significant loss of lives and lots of injuries. Continuing in prayer.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read the news and that was no normal tornado outbreak. They're talking significant loss of lives and lots of injuries. Continuing in prayer.
Yes. A nursing home was hit, and collapsed with everyone in it. A nurse put out a plea for help to get people out of the rubble. :(
My son said he heard there were two nursing homes hit. :(

Reactions: Mayflower