Does Montgomery, Alabama get tornadoes?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was talking with my cousin the other day. She and her husband bought a home in Montgomery awhile back. They moved there from New Jersey.

She was having thunderstorms. But she says it seems like Montgomery doesn't get tornadoes due to their terrain. She did say a certain town about 25 miles away got hit with a tornado.

Any Southerners or others have input on this?

Reactions: dev553344

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...
Some places get more than others. "Tornado alleys" are a thing and really exist.

Montgomery is not in one but that doesn't mean that they can't get one. Nashville wasn't supposed to be able to get one but they did. Jersey gets them too but usually they come in from the ocean during a "Nor-Easter" storm. (Couldn't help myself there)
New York got one back in the late 80's that went right up the Hudson River.

Huntsville gets them every year. Birmingham hasn't gotten any serious ones for a while. (Minor ones out towards Tarant and CenterPoint)
Wherever God wants one to strike its gonna happen....

I've had them go over my head while sleeping and destroy a building across the street. (I heard the train that time and the warning siren 2 minutes after it left) a Tornado sounds like a modern diesel train engine....
I was not in a Tornado alley either.

Just because you are not in a Tornado alley doesn't mean anything. You really don't ever know. They are usually in front or behind a thunderstorm line. And if the rain smells like pond water....get in the tub or basement and hang on.

Reactions: Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
us-tornado-alley-maps-show-the-tornado-risk-regions-in-the-usa-throughout-tornado-alley-states-map-1024x736.jpg
:( Yes. Alabama is in what is known as Tornado Alley.

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp