• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just answer the question amigo instead of playing word games:

Did that passage from Acts 2 say that the children believed or were of a certain age??
Just rightly divide the word marymog . It was made very clear one had to BELIEVE on JESUS CHRIST
before even being baptized . i mean if we all start teaching this or that , we can really MESS things up in that bible .
An example is , I could say to all , DID JESUS ever speak against beastality. SEE the POINT yet .
RIGHTLY DIVIDING the WORD is IMPERATIVE and a must .
Cause just as the R double C does all to twist things , IT AINT alone .
HOW do you think they justify so much sin these days . THEY say things like , DID YOU EVER SEE JESUS SAY
anything against this or that . YET RIGHTLY DIVIDING the WORD of TRUTH .
WE KNOW WHO JESUS IS , WE KNOW HE IS THE WORD of GOD and that GOD NOR HIS WORD contradict the other .
So i leave us with these words , though i for sure did not vote for he who said it .
COME ON MAN ........................
RIGHTLY DIVIDE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS LORD PRAISING TIME . what i say to one i say to all . I SHUN the all inclusive false love to hades .
I will have no part in it , no lott cast with it .
I MADE MY CHOICE .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am glad we agree that baptism does save.
No. You and I don't agree on anything. I agree with the context of scripture, that under certain conditions and after having met certain criteria, one is saved by baptism. Baptism itself has no efficacy to save without faith in Jesus, the death of self and surrender to Christ, the repentance of sin, and the recognition of the blood of the Lamb as the vehicle through which the remission of sin is affected. Then of course the entire process would be utterly useless without the resurrection.
8 persons were saved thru WATER?
Now, follow along carefully.... Notice what I stated above. If the water of the flood saved, then why were everyone else other than Noah and his family not saved? Think about it.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I’ve now been kicked off three forums because of this subject. I’m a 100% believer in Jesus through scripture, and a nonbeliever in tradition?
Do you sit in chairs at your church. That's unbiblical.
Are you sure you prefer biblical to traditional?
Is your church a commune, like the early church?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You and I don't agree on anything. I agree with the context of scripture, that under certain conditions and after having met certain criteria, one is saved by baptism. Baptism itself has no efficacy to save without faith in Jesus, the death of self and surrender to Christ, the repentance of sin, and the recognition of the blood of the Lamb as the vehicle through which the remission of sin is affected. Then of course the entire process would be utterly useless without the resurrection.

Now, follow along carefully.... Notice what I stated above. If the water of the flood saved, then why were everyone else other than Noah and his family not saved? Think about it.
Hey Brakelite,

In an earlier post you said, and I quote: "Yes, baptism does save." I agreed with you. Now you are saying that we don't agree on anything.....but a few words later say, "one is saved by baptism." Very confusing.....o_O

There is no "if the water of the flood saved". Scripture says it saved: eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

The water of the flood saved humanity by destroying evil: Genesis 6 tells us that the Lord saw how wicked humanity had become, that every inclination of our hearts was to do evil, so he determined to wipe us from the face of the earth.

You should read scripture before giving your opinion.......;)

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Tradition" comes in two flavors. One is manmade tradition, which can be, for example, common customs.

St. Paul, in 2 Thes. 2:15, refers to a different type of "Tradition" which equates to "teaching" (noun, not verb).

Thes. 2:15 Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.

Here, St. Paul puts oral tradition (teaching) on an equal footing with Scripture.

In fact, the New Testament came from Oral Tradition that St. Paul refers to in 2 Thes. 2:15. Jesus didn't sit down and write a book, nor did He instruct anyone else to do so. He founded a (one) Church, and trained men (Apostles) with everything He wanted mankind to know, i.e., the fullness of Divine Revelation. And He commanded the Apostles to go out and teach ALL that He had taught them. (Matt. 28:20) It was a teaching and preaching ministry. Eventually, SOME of what the Apostles taught was written down. But not all. (See John 21:25) But, these writings were not decided to be on the level of Scripture until the late 4th century, when the Church, at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage, decided which of the over 300+ letters, documents, etc., they analyzed, should be worthy of being considered as Scripture. They selected only 27 of the 300+ letters and documents, and Christians now refer to this as the New Testament.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Brakelite,

In an earlier post you said, and I quote: "Yes, baptism does save." I agreed with you. Now you are saying that we don't agree on anything.....but a few words later say, "one is saved by baptism." Very confusing.....o_O

There is no "if the water of the flood saved". Scripture says it saved: eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

The water of the flood saved humanity by destroying evil: Genesis 6 tells us that the Lord saw how wicked humanity had become, that every inclination of our hearts was to do evil, so he determined to wipe us from the face of the earth.

You reveal how shallow and superficial is your understanding of scripture. You also reveal how superficial is your reading of others posts. I fully explained my position which shows no contradiction. You choose what you want to read, and discard what exposes your desire to obfuscate, confuse, and distort truth. I guess that's your Jesuit training coming to the fore again. I'm not doing this back and forth with you. You may wallow in your confusion.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Brakelite,

You reveal how shallow and superficial is your understanding of scripture. You also reveal how superficial is your reading of others posts. I fully explained my position which shows no contradiction. You choose what you want to read, and discard what exposes your desire to obfuscate, confuse, and distort truth. I guess that's your Jesuit training coming to the fore again. I'm not doing this back and forth with you. You may wallow in your confusion
Hey Brakelite,

I am interested however in how you answer this. I guess you must have missed it the first time around.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reveal how shallow and superficial is your understanding of scripture. You also reveal how superficial is your reading of others posts. I fully explained my position which shows no contradiction. You choose what you want to read, and discard what exposes your desire to obfuscate, confuse, and distort truth. I guess that's your Jesuit training coming to the fore again. I'm not doing this back and forth with you. You may wallow in your confusion

I am interested however in how you answer this. I guess you must have missed it the first time around.
I fully explained my position which shows no contradiction. You choose what you want to read, and discard what exposes your desire to obfuscate, confuse, and distort truth. :Zek:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reveal how shallow and superficial is your understanding of scripture. You also reveal how superficial is your reading of others posts. I fully explained my position which shows no contradiction. You choose what you want to read, and discard what exposes your desire to obfuscate, confuse, and distort truth. I guess that's your Jesuit training coming to the fore again. I'm not doing this back and forth with you. You may wallow in your confusion.
:jest:

Fool4Jesus

Jun 7, 2022
oceanside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its why forums have large cut n pastes against their rules
Some people think the rules are for everyone else and do not apply to them. Then they wonder why they get banned on every forum they post on. I was always taught that when you're in someone else's house "Christianityboared.com" you abide by their rules.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people think the rules are for everyone else and do not apply to them. Then they wonder why they get banned on every forum they post on. I was always taught that when you're in someone else's house "Christianityboared.com" you abide by their rules.
Trust me I know on a personal level since I own a forum myself.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have but one rule i follow . NOW if the rules of men agree with it then i agree with their rules .
THE RULE IS THIS . IF IT CONTRADICTS GOD , IT WONT BE HEEDED . PEROID.
And frankly i dont care who that offends . IF even my rules contradicted GOD and his words, his pattern , the biblical pattern ,
YOU BETTER BREAK THEM no matter the cost . I DO , and i have been banned from many sites .
IF what one is teaching , if their rules contradict GOD and his pattern in ANY WAY SHAPE FORM OR FASHION
THIS LAMB WONT CONFORM ONE OUNCE TO IT .
Now do be blessed and do be encouraged.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and now a friendly reminder . WHAT DID GOD have against one of the seven churches .
Now ponder on this for a bit , for i see a rule on forums that actually breaks this and omits it .
For many now say , IF YOU Accuse another faith of being false YOU GONE .
Now what did GOD have against a certain church .
YE ALLOW that false prophetess to teach and to seduce my people .
THE VATICAN and it aint alone , DECIEVES MANY and i will warn against that unholy whore and any other false doctrine or person .
Be blessed folks. I aint the hater folks think i am cause i warn folks of false teachers , preachers or instiuttions .
May this sink deep into the hearts of the lambs today .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and now a friendly reminder . WHAT DID GOD have against one of the seven churches .
Now ponder on this for a bit , for i see a rule on forums that actually breaks this and omits it .
For many now say , IF YOU Accuse another faith of being false YOU GONE .
Now what did GOD have against a certain church .
YE ALLOW that false prophetess to teach and to seduce my people .
THE VATICAN and it aint alone , DECIEVES MANY and i will warn against that unholy whore and any other false doctrine or person .
Be blessed folks. I aint the hater folks think i am cause i warn folks of false teachers , preachers or instiuttions .
May this sink deep into the hearts of the lambs today .
So I agree with you and in a church this is essential and I act upon that when I teach in life groups, bible studies and mens discipleship groups.

We must remember online Christian Forums are not the church or churches. There is a distinction. There are people on my forum I would never allow to be in our church fellowship, small groups or our mens discipleship groups I lead for they have another jesus, another gospel and a false god. A little leaven leavens the whole lump and I would apply Johns warning in 2 John to such ones. 2 John 1:9-10.

hope this helps !!!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil was not destroyed, just greatly lessened. Man started his stuff again, shortly after.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil was not destroyed, just greatly lessened. Man started his stuff again, shortly after.
Hey Cassandra,

You are right....evil was not destroyed. But it also wasn't "greatly lessened". Evil was still around in the form of satan. But, as Scripture says, the men of the earth were corrupt, and God determined to make an end of all flesh, so God said he is going to destroy all man (Genesis 9:11-17).

So my statement AND MY POINT still holds true: God saw how wicked humanity had become, that every inclination of our hearts was to do evil, so he determined to wipe us from the face of the earth.

Mary

Last edited: