Traditional Roman Catholic Here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MattO

Jul 26, 2018
Clio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reasoning is that Pope John Paul II, with a heavy heart, excommunicated Archbishop Lefebre, . His reasoning is more correct then yours or mine. Reunification with the SSPX is a difficult struggle for the Church, but it seems to me the SSPX are not cooperative.

I have written extensively on Fr. Gruner in Catholic Answers Forum, but that was 10 years ago. He has been excommunicated. He is an apostate. He operates his printing company without dicastery and pumps out literature by the trainload. He thinks he knows more about Fatima than Sr. Lucia. Interviews with Sr. Lucia about Fr. Gruner are available on line. I know where he lives, I grew up on the same street. His "apostolate" is a deception, because he pretends to be Catholic but in fact, is in rebellion.
It was prophesied that Satan would eventually overthrow the seat of Rome and that the Church would fall. It was also prophesied that the Church would be resurrected during the beginning period of the End Times.

I believe we are on the cusp of the 5th and 6th age with the 6th age being the End Times which lasts just under 500 years.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SSPX could really help the Catholic Church, but they have an activist mentality - any step towards the Vatican cuts into the power of the leadership.

Last edited:

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was prophesied that Satan would eventually overthrow the seat of Rome and that the Church would fall. It was also prophesied that the Church would be resurrected during the beginning period of the End Times.

I believe we are on the cusp of the 5th and 6th age with the 6th age being the End Times which lasts just under 500 years.
Jesus promised the gates of Hades will not prevail. Their are other indications that the Church will never lose her doctrinal fidelity. The Church is infallible and indestructible and God cannot lie. Pay attention to who is making these false prophecies.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus promised the gates of Hades will not prevail. Their are other indications that the Church will never lose her doctrinal fidelity. The Church is infallible and indestructible and God cannot lie. Pay attention to who is making these false prophecies.
The Church is infallible ? not even the popes is infallible if anyone has bothered to study the doctrine, you would know that he is not, other than what is outlined in regard to the doctrine.
Prots are clearly that uneducated on such doctrines.

The Church is the people who abide in Christ Jesus, end of story.

When Vatican 2 II came about, it was cunningly turned away form Jesus Christ and bit by bit became more worldly and that's why church numbers were on the decline and now under Pope Frances the greatest evil pope ever he is a freemason everything about him shouts freemason.
The Vatican has been undermined by freemasons and sodomites.
The Doctrine concerning Americanism have you ever read it.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reggie Belafonte said:
The Church is infallible?

Yes, it is!

Has nothing to do with Protestant or Catholic Churches.

Has everything to do with Jesus Christ.

Refers to what Jesus Christ did at the Cross.

Jesus is a man of authority. He teaches as “one with authority” the people are “amazed at his authority” to show that he “has authority to forgive sins” he heals the paralytic.

He says it most clearly Mt. 28:18 that “all authority on heaven and earth has been given to him from his father.”

The epistles corroborate this for Christ is given all authority. Before him every knee shall bow and every tongue confess.

He preaches with authority and preaches without error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings all! I have decided to join your website to get involved in some interesting discussions. What could be better than discussing Biblical and doctrinal differences? This place seems to be a great website for interdenominational discussions. I hope that we can have a good time discussing our differences and similarities.

Just a little about myself...

1) I used to be a terrible sinner
2) Raised in the Modern Catholic Church (Novus Ordo) ***Mostly because of Catholic School***
3) Born in Flint, Michigan
4) Lived in Michigan, Texas, Washington, Georgia etc. etc. etc.
5) Grandmother on Mom's side was Catholic, Grandfather on Mom's side was Amish, Grandmother on Dad's side was Pentecostal, Grandfather on Dad's side was Baptist, my father is Atheist, and my mother is Catholic (not in full communion).
6) Became a believer in early 2011. Feel free to ask more if you wish to know.
7) Studied a little about ancient Judaism
8) Knows a decent amount about theology (been studying on and off for the last 13 years)
9) Have not read the entire Bible but have read a decent amount (definitely the Gospels and the first few books of the Old Testament plus bits and pieces of other parts of the Bible)
10) Studied a little on how ancient Judaism relates to Christianity
11) 35 year old Army Veteran
12) I hold some White Nationalist views but am not formally apart of any White Nationalist group....please feel free to question me about this if you please.

I am hoping that this will lead to some positive discussions and I look forward to learning more about other belief systems.

Sincerely,
Matt
Welcome Matt.

Are you a Sedvacanist?

Curious Mary

MattO

Jul 26, 2018
Clio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Matt.

Are you a Sedvacanist?

Curious Mary
I do not agree with Sedevacanism. I'm not really sure which group I should go to. I agree a lot with the SSPX, but Pope Pius X believed that people should read the Bible. Traditionally, only the Bishops and Priests had access to the Bible and Catechism. So I question why they think this way, and I also think they can be somewhat condemning. And yes, I have witnessed some (not much) communistic mindset even in the SSPX. I think that SSPX members in the United States are falling into the trap of Americanism. How else could they be surviving?

MattO

Jul 26, 2018
Clio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is infallible ? not even the popes is infallible if anyone has bothered to study the doctrine, you would know that he is not, other than what is outlined in regard to the doctrine.
Prots are clearly that uneducated on such doctrines.

The Church is the people who abide in Christ Jesus, end of story.

When Vatican 2 II came about, it was cunningly turned away form Jesus Christ and bit by bit became more worldly and that's why church numbers were on the decline and now under Pope Frances the greatest evil pope ever he is a freemason everything about him shouts freemason.
The Vatican has been undermined by freemasons and sodomites.
The Doctrine concerning Americanism have you ever read it.
Popes have been burned at the stake for heresy in the Catholic Church. There have been a decent number of Antipopes in our past. Something like this is not so new. But the Church has fallen to an all new low.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not agree with Sedevacanism. I'm not really sure which group I should go to. I agree a lot with the SSPX, but Pope Pius X believed that people should read the Bible. Traditionally, only the Bishops and Priests had access to the Bible and Catechism. So I question why they think this way, and I also think they can be somewhat condemning. And yes, I have witnessed some (not much) communistic mindset even in the SSPX. I think that SSPX members in the United States are falling into the trap of Americanism. How else could they be surviving?
Hmmmmm......."Traditionally, only the Bishops and Priests had access to the Bible and Catechism".

You seem to fall into the category of people that believe false accusations against the RCC.

You do know that the Catechism was written FOR and GIVEN TO the people of the Church??? As a Catholic you should have known that.

HISTORICALLY (prior to the printing press) the average person could not read so the priest would read scripture to the congregation.

There were very few hand written bibles before the printing press was invented. Those hand written bibles were owned by The Church...or VERY wealthy people. Once the printing press was invented the cost of bible decreased and the literacy rate increased. So it wasn't a matter of "access to the Bible" it was a matter of literacy and the number of bibles in print BEFORE the printing press was developed.

The Catholic Church was accused of chaining bibles to the pulpit so no one could take them home and read them. The truth is they were chained to the pulpit so no one would steal them (they were worth thousands of dollars) and so they would be available to anyone that wanted to come into the church and read it.

Historical Mary

Last edited:

MattO

Jul 26, 2018
Clio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to fix some errors I have spread to people in this thread (repentance)...

I am now a Sedevacantist and have my reasons. I believe that there is a high chance that the SSPX, SSPV, FSSP, Novus Ordo, and any other Church that is found in a typical Church building and identifies as Catholic is heretical. That the true Catholic Church can be found in Portugal underground (out of site and out of mind). If you wish to know more and/or discuss this please e-mail me at [email protected] to let me know that you have posted here in response to this post. I will come back to this site and address your questions/concerns in this thread so that others can see.

Last edited: