Tribulation saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why in all that is holy don't you want to talk about Jesus returning in flaming fire, in the fullness of His Glory, to redeem all His Saints and to destroy the world and the unsaved all at the same time?
Why? Because you have so many fabrications going on, that you don't know when or where to put his 2nd coming!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all got it WRONG, because very, very few correctly discern the 70 weeks in Daniel!
Bible Scholars? Really?? We don't listen to the Holy Spirit anymore?? The "scholarly learned" are THE LAST people you should be listening to!! If they are so "led" of God, then why is the church so splintered? It's because of them!!

Not only that, but you all have it all fouled up about the "little horn". Not to mention the AoD which was fulfilled and recorded in Maccabees as a type to the anti-type, which you all have really made a mess out of that too!
If I told you what and when it WAS, you would be shocked out of your wits to entertain it, never mind believe it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what kind of supposition you're trying to support with that idea, but it doesn't work. A Bible student today, especially one that only speaks English, has many Bible study tools available today to go back into the Bible manuscripts and discover at a deeper level if they so desire. Then of course, there is the option to study the Bible languages and the various manuscripts available. And once that is done, the Bible student is able to make clearer the meaning even in their own language, which is how God's Word has been translated into many languages of the world.
And they, who do read many manuscripts, reap the world of much confusion!
How so?
They have fostered fabrications if corrupt ideas, such as:
"THE" Antichrist.
"THE" Rapture.
"THE" 7 Year Great Tribulation.
"THE" AoD in a rebuilt Jewish temple.
"THE" Millennium on the earth.
You all should be ashamed, that you have swallowed their fictional nonsense of fantasy, and have been sucked into the "strong delusion to believe a lie".
Rev. 12[15] And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the *woman, that he might cause her to be carried away [deceived] of the flood.
*Note- Israel of faith.

[16] And the **earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
**Note- through their dispersion.
[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with ***the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
*** Note- Born Again Christians from all denominations.
Satan is at the source of that "flood", and that flood is doctrines of deception!

Reactions: Hisman

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy,

Where did you get the idea that I supported a pre-trib rapture? I don't.

I've read and digested Dave MacPherson's documentation but I'd hardly call it 'scholarly' when he missed the fact that pre-trib rapture was taught way back in the 4th century.

Ephraem (AD 306 – 373) of Nisibis, was made a deacon in the church in Syria in 338 and later became the bishop of Nisibis.

In his work, On The Last Times 2, he wrote:

We ought to understand thoroughly therefore, my brothers, what is imminent or overhanging. Already there have been hunger and plagues, violent movements of nations and signs, which have been predicted by the Lord, they have already been fulfilled (consummated), and there is not other which remains, except the advent of the wicked one in the completion of the Roman kingdom. Why therefore are we occupied with worldly business, and why is our mind held fixed on the lusts of the world or on the anxieties of the ages? Why therefore do we not reject every care of worldly business, and why is our mind held fixed on the lusts of the world or on the anxieties of the ages? Why therefore do we not reject every care of earthly actions and prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord Christ, so that he may draw us from the confusion, which overwhelms all the world? Believe you me, dearest brother, because the coming (advent) of the Lord is nigh, believe you me, because the end of the world is at hand, believe me, because it is the very last time.

Or do you not believe unless you see with your eyes? See to it that this sentence be not fulfilled among you of the prophet who declares: “Woe to those who desire to see the day of the Lord!” For all the saints and elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins. And so, brothers most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour, and the end of the world comes to the harvest, and angels, armed and prepared, hold sickles in their hands, awaiting the empire of the Lord. And we think that the earth exists with blind infidelity, arriving at its downfall early. Commotions are brought forth, wars of diverse peoples and battles and incursions of the barbarians threaten, and our regions shall be desolated, and we neither become very much afraid of the report nor of the appearance, in order that we may at least do penance; because they hurl fear at us, and we do not wish to be changed, although we at least stand in need of penance for our actions!’ (On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World).​

Also, take a read of Cyprian (ca. AD 200-258), Treatise 7.5, Shepherd of Hermas, vision 4, ch 2, and Irenaeus (AD 130-202), Against Heresies, 5.29.1.

Oz

Then you have been suckered by Pre-trib Rapture revisionists, because it's Pseudo-Ephraim you're quoting, which the word pseudo (false) is associated with those writings because they cannot be proven as having been written by a Syrian saint known as Ephraim. One of the main reasons this is so is because of OTHER claimed writings by Pseudo-Ephraim which do NOT contain ANY reference to a rapture prior to the tribulation...

Pseudo-Ephrem (Syriac)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy,

Where did you get the idea that I supported a pre-trib rapture? I don't.

By your words. Even by what you just posted about Pseudo-Ephraim was in support... of a pre-trib rapture theory having been taught in the Christian Church in the 4th century.

Firstly, the word 'rapture' is not in the KJV English Bible. It is a word that comes from the Latin translations for Greek harpazo (you well know this).

Secondly, the word 'rapture' is misused by those on the Pre-tribulational Rapture theory, as they often like to omit the 'pre-tribulational' phrase and just use the word 'rapture', when they are definitely pointing to Darby's false secret rapture idea.

Thirdly, no doctrine, nor pseudo manuscript, supposedly from the early Church, can overturn God's Holy Writ about the timing that Jesus and Apostle Paul gave for His 2nd coming and gathering of His Church. I have well covered those direct Scriptures evidences for Christ's coming and gathering of the Church AFTER the tribulation.

So trying to play scholar with some pseudo writings of the 4th century, which are in strong debate as to their authenticity, only reveals a work of desperation by those who wish Jesus and His Apostles had instead showed His coming to gather His Church would be before the tribulation; but alas, it will not be. The time of His coming to gather His Church will be as written in Scripture, after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christian Church was established at Pentecost, and all the apostolic churches were taught about a pre-tribulation Rapture -- the Blessed Hope of the believer. So the scholars are DEAD WRONG. Indeed, it was Christ Himself who first presented this doctrine BEFORE His crucifixion and ascension. It is all there for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

You are making that up about all the Churches then being taught a Pre-trib Rapture theory.

Not only that, but you have directly contradicted my Lord Jesus Christ! He NEVER taught a pre-trib rapture idea anywhere in His Word! (Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biblical evidence is overwhelming that not one of the passages which speaks about the Resurrection/Rapture connects it to any Tribulation period ("the time of Jacob's trouble"). Let's focus on just one passage (Titus 2:11-14).

THE BLESSED HOPE FOR THE GLORIOUS APPEARING OF CHRIST
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1. As we can see here, this is addressed to those who have been saved by grace ("redeemed from all iniquity" and "a peculiar people" or a purchased possession of God).

That passage in no way supports a Pre-tribulational Rapture. The BLESSED HOPE of Christ's coming is one thing; the TIMING of His coming is another.

His purifying of us from all iniquity happens at His return at the very end of the tribulation. None of that changes the time for His coming to gather the Church that He gave in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27, which aligns with 1 Thessalonians 14:13-17.

Furthermore, you have to read those verses IN CONTEXT. The 11-12 verses are admonishing us to live a holy life... WHILE WAITING for the Blessed Hope (i.e., Christ's coming). It doesn't tell us the WHEN there.

2. The Blessed Hope is the glorious appearing of Christ for His saints. Jesus said in John 14:1-3, that "I will come again, and receive you unto myself". He said nothing about a Tribulation in that passage, but rather said "Let not your heart be troubled".

Nah, you cannot just remove that Scripture and apply it out of its context that Jesus gave.

John 14:2-3
2 In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
KJV

Those "mansions" means 'abodes' in the Greek. They are the priest's chambers in the temple of Ezekiel 40 thru 47, which is Millennial timing, after Christ's return. That is ON EARTH, after... Christ's return to this earth. Rev.5:10 says Christ's saints will reign ON THE EARTH.

3. That is a promise (above) that He will personally come for His saints, and that is why we read in 1 Thess 4:13-18 that "the LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN" (another Rapture passage, indeed the primary one, with no reference to any Tribulation).

No it is not a promise to come BEFORE THE TRIBULATION! And you obviously don't care if you LIE and infer that it is.

The rest of your post is just FODDER, to try and impress the Biblically illiterate that what you say is true.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do so many people resent a "secret rapture"? Why should the Resurrection/Rapture be displayed to an unbelieving world is the real issue? As Abraham said to the Rich Man, they will not believe though one rose from the dead.

Why do Christ's true servants resent those who LIE and don't care about the timing He gave for His return to gather His Church? (Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not only that, but you have directly contradicted my Lord Jesus Christ! He NEVER taught a pre-trib rapture idea anywhere in His Word! (Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27).
Let's see if you are simply engaging in wishful thinking (or self-deception).

THE GATHERING OF THE ELECT AFTER THE SECOND COMING
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Mt 24:31)
And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. (Mk 13:27)

Did you know that when this happens the Church is already WITH Christ at His second coming? (read and study Rev 19 and many other passages). So who are these "elect"? They are the believing remnant of the Jews who will be gathered to Israel just before Christ establishes His Millennial Kingdom.

At the Resurrection/Rapture Christ DOES NOT send His angels to gather the Church. He comes for His saints PERSONALLY and receives them unto Himself PERSONALLY. That is why the Holy Spirit says very specifically:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (1 Thess 4:16)

So there goes your theory about a post-tribulation Rapture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see if you are simply engaging in wishful thinking (or self-deception).

THE GATHERING OF THE ELECT AFTER THE SECOND COMING
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Mt 24:31)
And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. (Mk 13:27)

Did you know that when this happens the Church is already WITH Christ at His second coming? (read and study Rev 19 and many other passages). So who are these "elect"? They are the believing remnant of the Jews who will be gathered to Israel just before Christ establishes His Millennial Kingdom.

Hey! Nice job! You completely missed the main gist of those two verses, i.e., those phrases I put in red above!

AND... you omitted the verses just before where Jesus gave the TIME when that will happen!!!

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Brethren:
Notice how the Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27 verses about the gathering of the saints is slightly different between the two. It's because Jesus gathers the saints in 2 separate groups and joins them to Him, which is exactly what Apostle Paul taught in 1 Thessalonians 4. Judaizers behind the Pre-tribulational Rapture theory don't know what Paul taught there, and they don't want you to know either...

1 Thess 4:13-17
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Paul is speaking about those who had already died in Christ. They are asleep metaphorically, not perished, but waiting.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

Paul is saying our Lord Jesus will bring those asleep saints with Him when He comes. How? They will be resurrected first, and Paul declares this later in the 16th verse. So this is one group of saints, the group gathered in the Matthew 24:31 verse, "from one end of heaven to the other."

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

That word "prevent" (Strong's no.5348) in the Greek actually means 'to precede, or go beforehand'. Paul is simply saying that those of us who remain alive on earth when Jesus comes will not precede those asleep saints that had already died. The asleep saints will be resurrected first and be with Jesus when He comes; He will bring them with Him like Paul said.

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

This trump is the "last trump" that Apostle Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15:52-53. It is the 7th trumpet of Revelation 11. That is the start of the "day of the Lord" when Jesus returns to gather His Church and fight at Armageddon. On that day, the resurrection will happen with His coming, and He will gather the asleep saints in Heaven, and bring those with Him as He DESCENDS to the earth. (You should easily know someone is lying to you when they say Jesus doesn't descend from heaven when He does this.)

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV

This is the 2nd group of gathered saints. These are alive on earth on that day, and they aren't believers that only came to Jesus during the tribulation either. Christ's Church will still be here on earth up to that day, and thereafter. These are the group of saints gathered in Mark 13:27, "from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven." (On that day, the heavenly dimension will be revealed right here on earth. Genesis 2 reveals God's Garden of Eden, the Tree of Life, and God's River were all once upon this earth. It will begin to return with Christ's second coming.)

Reactions: Keraz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you have been suckered by Pre-trib Rapture revisionists, because it's Pseudo-Ephraim you're quoting, which the word pseudo (false) is associated with those writings because they cannot be proven as having been written by a Syrian saint known as Ephraim. One of the main reasons this is so is because of OTHER claimed writings by Pseudo-Ephraim which do NOT contain ANY reference to a rapture prior to the tribulation...

Pseudo-Ephrem (Syriac)

I know that this writing by Ephraem (AD 306 – 373) of Nisibis has not been confirmed as genuine. However, the pre-trib rapture was around at that time. It didn't have to wait until the 19th century to be promoted by J N Darby.

You have missed links to writings of early church fathers supporting premillennialism in my article, What is the origin of the pre-tribulation rapture of Christians?

In one of the posts above, I provided a link to, The Rapture in the early church fathers. There I provide the citation from The Shepherd of Hermas (ca. 150):

You have escaped from great tribulation on account of your faith, and because you did not doubt in the presence of such a beast. Go, therefore, and tell the elect of the Lord His mighty deeds, and say to them that this beast is a type of the great tribulation that is coming. If then you prepare yourselves, and repent with all your heart, and turn to the Lord, it will be possible for you to escape it, if your heart be pure and spotless, and you spend the rest of the days of your life in serving the Lord blamelessly (Hermas, vision 4, ch 2, emphasis added).​

I'm not sure you are open to this kind of evidence.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Firstly, the word 'rapture' is not in the KJV English Bible. It is a word that comes from the Latin translations for Greek harpazo (you well know this).

Davy,

Since when was the KJV of the Bible the confirmed and authorised way for determining the meaning of harpazw and all other Greek words?

Harpazw means 'snatch or take away ... in such a way that no resistance is offered' in 1 Thess 4:17 (Bauer, Arndt & Gingrich Greek-English Lexicon 1957:108). This is the word that Paul used when he was 'caught up to the third heaven' (2 Cor 12:2).

The Bible does teach a rapture of believers but the contentious point is whether it will be before or after the great tribulation. My understanding from the whole Bible revelation is that it will be after the trib.

See my article: Is the rapture of the church hogwash?

Oz

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that this writing by Ephraem (AD 306 – 373) of Nisibis has not been confirmed as genuine. However, the pre-trib rapture was around at that time. It didn't have to wait until the 19th century to be promoted by J N Darby.

Your assumptions that the pre-trib rapture theory was taught back then are unfounded. What they are founded upon is revisionism, like what Thomas Ice, et al, have been trying to do with establishing a non-existent history for pre-trib theories.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy,

Since when was the KJV of the Bible the confirmed and authorised way for determining the meaning of harpazw and all other Greek words?

Harpazw means 'snatch or take away ... in such a way that no resistance is offered' in 1 Thess 4:17 (Bauer, Arndt & Gingrich Greek-English Lexicon 1957:108). This is the word that Paul used when he was 'caught up to the third heaven' (2 Cor 12:2).

The Bible does teach a rapture of believers but the contentious point is whether it will be before or after the great tribulation. My understanding from the whole Bible revelation is that it will be after the trib.

See my article: Is the rapture of the church hogwash?

Oz

If ten people are told there will be a 'rapture', the majority of them will think you're talking about a pre-trib rapture, simply because the majority have abused that term 'rapture', some of them even leaving off the pre-trib phrase and just making the false assumption that one knows its to occur prior to the tribulation. That is plenty reason to not use the term, because of how it is abused away from the actual Scripture proof that shows the harpazo event in 1 Thess.4 is actually after the tribulation. One of the Scripture proofs I've already shown are the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 examples Jesus Himself gave for the timing.

And since Apostle Philip was "caught up" after witnessing The Gospel to the Ethiopian, and he did not go to Heaven, but was found transplanted elsewhere on earth, that reveals the word harpazo does not automatically mean a rapture to Heaven like even many post-tribbers wrongly teach.

Reactions: Earburner and Keraz

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are 'sealed' of Israel are sealed prior... to the start of the tribulation. This is another way of knowing the 'tribulation saints' idea is a fabrication from the doctrines of men. They say the trib saints come to Jesus during... the tribulation. But God's Word shows those not sealed with God's seal will be deceived and stung by the locusts.

Rev 9:3-6
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
KJV

This is why it is so important to understand what is getting ready to happen in our near future when the time of great tribulation starts. Only those in Christ Jesus that are 'sealed' with God's seal prior to the trib cannot be stung by that locust army. That is not by any fly away escape either. It is about God's sealing by The Holy Spirit so that no man can deceive us, specifically against the coming Antichrist who will claim to be Messiah in Jerusalem.
Given the symbolism that is throughout Revelation, I am sure that they are not literal locusts, nor are they
First of all, the symbolic locusts come out of "smoke", as if the planned event had been cloaked (held in secret) for some time, with the intention to affect only those who have not the Holy Spirit of God within them. Which is saying that all of such, who are "none of His"- Rom. 8:9, and have not the "seal of God", will succumb to a process, that is like that of the striking sting of a scorpion.
Shall we liken that to an injection or an implant under the skin?
Could it be the mandatory installation of an RFID chip? That process is accomplished by injection.
Google Image Result for https://mk0resourcesinfm536w.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/RFID-Chip-04172014.jpg

And what about the "sting" not killing them, which also smacks of an event where the side effects of an injected RFID chip, are just an illness and not death.
Think!! What literal "Locust bug" is going to discern who is of God and who is not??
It's not going to happen!!

Question: why all of sudden, do we need
"5G Technology"
for our communications???
Ans.
When 1/3 of the world pop. Is destroyed, and 2/3 survive, the present economic system will collapse, and a NEW economic paradigm will be installed, making the injected RFID chip (the MoB) absolutely necessary for every survivor!!
Think, if you can, of 66% of the present world pop., and how they will survive a nuclear WW3 (origin-Euphrates region).
That would be 7 Billion people x 66% = 4,620,000,000 (billion) survivors remaining, after 2,380,000,000 (billion) were "slain"/killed off.
(Those numbers are not proposed to be actual, but rather to help understand the enormity of what COULD BE the results, after a Nuclear war.
However, the prophetic number of 1/3 of men shall be killed, is to be believed.)
You can read about those 1/3 that will be "slain" in Rev. 9:14-15, and those remaining who survive in Rev. 9:20-21.
BTW, none of the survivors repent of their wickedness, which will be evidence for the prophesied event of "a falling away first" (from faith), just before the Lord returns in flaming fire.
Interestingly enough, all of the above is found in chapter 9.
As for 5G Technology, they ARE NOW LAUNCHING the new satellites, that are required for its operation!
Guess how many satellites will be required?
Ans. 20,000. Yes, you did read that correct!!
Twenty thousand!!
5G From Space: 20,000 Satellites To Blanket The Earth
Now consider this, did you think that they all are doing this so that we can text and receive faster, play more games, have faster up/down loads, better FB and/or Yu Tube and Gugle search?
Really? Nope! It's about business, banking and digitized money, such as Bitcoin etc. And "UNIVERSAL Basic Income", the vehicle for the MoB.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, do you know why there are going to be 20,000 satellites "blanketing the earth"? It's because the 5G microwaves will be shooting from the satellite, to the pole antennas (500 ft. From each other) and to every " device" that is in range of that 500 ft., or directly to the "device".
4G Technology is on the earth, which can suffer at the hands of corrupt men and terRoriss organizations. That will not be the case for 5G.
By its design, it can even survive a nuclear WW3, whereas the present 4G technology cannot.
Please WAKE UP from the quagmire of your denominational religion, and the fantasies of their doctrines of "scholarly learned" men!! Do you not see where it's all headed?
Perhaps a better response to the question would be: -

The saints who live during the time of the antichrist's reign.
Perhaps a better response is, there IS NO one man band, miracle man, they all love to call "THE" Antichrist! You will never find those words written in the KJV. It's all a fabrication, even before Darby.
In fact, it's origin takes place in the middle of the Protestant Reformation, when the 1611 KJV was translated from the "Text Receptu Greek" text.
There were a couple of errors made in translation, in 2 Thes. 2, namely in the words: "that Wicked", and also in "that man of sin..."

In the TR Greek, the word "that" is not to be found, but the word "the" is!!
So the question is, WHY did the translators isolate that scripture to be understood in the singular only, when if the correct word of "the" is used, the plural is understood?
Answer: since departing from the RCC was a life risking and arduous affair, and the protesters against the RCC were calling the Popes antichrist.
Well, one can readily see the temptation, to manipulate and insert words, especially in that description. I mean after all, it would be for a good cause, right? And also, if that weren't enough to clinch it in the singular, they also used the upper case "W" in the word "Wicked", of which also is an insertion by the translators.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps a better response is, there IS NO one man band, miracle man, they all love to call "THE" Antichrist! You will never find those words written in the KJV. It's all a fabrication, even before Darby.
In fact, it's origin takes place in the middle of the Protestant Reformation, when the 1611 KJV was translated from the "Text Receptu Greek" text.
There were a couple of errors made in translation, in 2 Thes. 2, namely in the words: "that Wicked", and also in "that man of sin..."

In the TR Greek, the word "that" is not to be found, but the word "the" is!!
So the question is, WHY did the translators isolate that scripture to be understood in the singular only, when if the correct word of "the" is used, the plural is understood?
Answer: since departing from the RCC was a life risking and arduous affair, and the protesters against the RCC were calling the Popes antichrist.
Well, one can readily see the temptation, to manipulate and insert words, especially in that description. I mean after all, it would be for a good cause, right? And also, if that weren't enough to clinch it in the singular, they also used the upper case "W" in the word "Wicked", of which also is an insertion by the translators.

Perhaps you are just a conspiracy theory advocate and yes I agree with you that the theological understanding of the theologians who were involved in the early translations of other language bibles incorporated their accepted views and understanding of their era into their translations.

The Greek word, " ὁ " is what your argument is unhinged upon and perhaps a better English word understanding of ὁ is the word "who."

From my studies I know that ὁ could be better understood if the English word "who" is used as the translation of ὁ and in 2 Thess. 2:3 using "who in our translation paraphrase of this verse would lead to a better understanding of this verse, i.e. Who is the "man" of unrighteousness, who is the "son" of perdition.

If we consider the Book of Revelation and what is revealed within its pages then the above paraphrase would fit for 2 Thess. 2:3

Rev.13 tells us that there will be a great falling away because the Beast that rises up out of the Bottomless pit will be worshipped and unless you worship the "Beast," that you will suffer greater tribulation during this time than at any other time in man's history.

Shalom

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps a better response is, there IS NO one man band, miracle man, they all love to call "THE" Antichrist! You will never find those words written in the KJV.
We don't need those words to know that the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition is the Antichrist. He has many other names and titles.