Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even those who really love God so much cannot change the frozen hearts of some people. To even try can be against God's will.
amadeus, this has been on my mind also, scripture, 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness".

as you said, "To even try can be against God's will". yes, you're correct. if it's God sending those strong delusion, might as well forget it. as Gamaliel said, Acts 5:38 "And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
Acts 5:39 "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God".

amen.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check the history.

The United Pentecostal Church International (or UPCI) is the world's largest Apostolic (Oneness) Pentecostal Christian denomination, headquartered in Weldon Spring, Missouri.[1] The church adheres to the non-trinitarian theology of Oneness, and was formed in 1945 by a merger of the former Pentecostal Church and the Incorporated and Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ. The denomination also emphasizes holy living in all aspects of one's life.

YOUR Church? Not interested!

D

Dave L

And you it was that said the truth for men is found only in the written scriptures, yet here you are making a declaration without a corresponding verse or verse of that written scripture. You do a lot of that. You may of course believe what you will, but when you want a Bible believer to change to your belief, would it not be a good idea to cite the verse or verses that supports your belief over theirs?
The trinity is what scripture says about God. To deny this doctrine is to say what you and others think about God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a thumbnail sketch of the UPC. And it gets worse as we look into it.

So Dave, was the reference to the UPC a red herring used to throw people off the track of your lack of honesty.

There are probably a number of church congregations around where I live where the "minister" is registered as the "god" of a particular congregation. And the registered minister acts accordingly.

D

Dave L

So Dave, was the reference to the UPC a red herring used to throw people off the track of your lack of honesty.

There are probably a number of church congregations around where I live where the "minister" is registered as the "god" of a particular congregation. And the registered minister acts accordingly.
It's not to throw anyone off. It's to reveal where you are coming from. Like a warning label on a pack of cigarettes.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Dave L If you want to get personal, attacking the person is a flawed argument against what another has written.

No, I am not a signed up member of the UPC or the UPCI.

I find that your posting style is dishonest. As such only a few respond to your post. You are fortunate that those have not put you on ignore.

Have a good day now, you hear me.

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

@Dave L If you want to get personal, attacking the person is a flawed argument against what another has written.

No, I am not a signed up member of the UPC or the UPCI.

I find that your posting style is dishonest. As such only a few respond to your post. You are fortunate that those have not put you on ignore.

Have a good day now, you hear me.
Do you believe women who cut their hair open themselves for demon possession? Even if the cut a split end?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot know Christ, who is the truth, without knowing the truth about him.
And where then do we obtain or encounter or learn the truth?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Then as Jesus is quoted saying in more than one place:

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

I could go on with this but until you recognize what the Holy Ghost is and what the Word of God is, you will miss the mark because you have lost whatever love for truth you may have once had in favor of your love for men's conclusions, including your own. I already know your arguments, but what I also know is God. You only know the books of men as they strive with one another in explaining scripture. Satan did that with Jesus. The scribes and Pharisees did that with Jesus. Satan knew the scriptures as did those scribes and Pharisees who opposed Jesus. They knew the scriptures without knowing God so their religion was indeed in vain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Taken
D

Dave L

And where then do we obtain or encounter or learn the truth?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Then as Jesus is quoted saying in more than place:

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

I could go on with this but until you recognize what the Holy Ghost is and what the Word of God is, you will miss the mark because you have lost whatever love for truth you may have once had in favor of your love for men's conclusions, including your own. I already know your arguments, but what I also know is God. You only know the books of men as they strive with one another in explaining scripture. Satan did that with Jesus. The scribes and Pharisees did that with Jesus. Satan knew the scriptures as did they Pharisees who opposed Jesus. They knew the scriptures without knowing God so their religion was indeed in vain.
God's word is truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or it is to say what God has spoken to our hearts through the Holy Ghost. As @charity has said here,

When is enough, enough?
I guess for you friend Dave that would be now. If I go on it is only as the Lord provokes me to do so. For certainly there as Solomon wrote 3000 years ago a time to speak and a time to be silent. God always knows what time it is.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Or it is to say what God has spoken to our hearts through the Holy Ghost. As @charity has said here,

QUOTE="charity, post: 496428, member: 7685"]When is enough, enough?
I guess for you friend Dave that would be now. If I go on it is only as the Lord provokes me to do so. For certainly there as Solomon wrote 3000 years ago a time to speak and a time to be silent. God always knows what time it is.

Give God the glory![/QUOTE]
Which God? The UPC version or the Historic Church version?

D

Dave L

So? Why are you telling me junk I clearly told you does not interest me?
Because you need to know what you have involved yourself in. How about women trimming split ends? Do you also think they open themselves to demon possession if they do?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which God? The UPC version or the Historic Church version?
Do you really believe that everyone who has a somewhat different description of God or everyone who is only unable to describe by the use of words what God is or is not, is necessarily apart from the One God? This is why God always looks at the hearts of men rather than simply at their words, written or spoken. Your saying otherwise does not make it so. Only God can judge a man's understanding or the lack thereof and the man's direction toward or away from the One God. No other man without God leading him can do it.

Neither all trinitarians nor all oneness believers are lost simply because they have erred in their descriptions the nature of God. Who has not erred in this?

D

Dave L

Do you really believe that everyone who has a somewhat different description of God or everyone who is only unable to describe by the use of words what God is or is not, is necessarily apart from the One God? This is why God always looks at the hearts of men rather than simply at their words, written or spoken. Your saying otherwise does not make it so. Only God can judge a man's understanding or the lack thereof and the man's direction toward or away from the One God. No other man without God leading him can do it.

Neither all trinitarians nor all oneness believers are lost simply because they have erred in their descriptions the nature of God. Who has not erred in this?
Do you think people are saved who are not baptized in Jesus' name and speak in tongues?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think people are saved who are not baptized in Jesus' name and speak in tongues?
Yes, but a baptism is required! Some are baptized in water without someone saying those particular words of Acts 2:38 almost certainly are as I understand it. The most necessary baptism is of the Holy Ghost. That is the immersion that is most needed as I see it. However, the judgment on that also is not mine or yours, is it?