Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbyfaith, did you not read my post? JESUS is the Holy Spirit. and Isaiah 53:10 support my post. listen, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". NOW WHO IS THE LORD'S OWN ARM?
Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. (HEis Juses God's, the Spirit own arm.
Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isaiah 53:8 "He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isaiah 53:9 "And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isaiah 53:10 "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isaiah 53:11 "He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:12 "Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

THANK YOU JUSTBYFAITH. THE ARM OF GOD THE SPIRIT IS "HIM" IN VERSE 2, JESUS. you proved out my point. his "OWN" ARM is his "Diversified" state in flesh and blood. that was the apostle paul said, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood". ok justbyfaith when did the Holy Ghost have blood? ... well.......

you just proved my point of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, God who is the equal "share of himself in flesh".

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God the Father is a Spirit.
Of course the Holy Spirit is a Spirit.
Of course the eternal Word (who is the eternal Son of God) became a Man.

But Christians do not confuse and confound the three.
but is not the ETERNAL WORD "SPIRIT?" YES..... BINGO.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to justbyfaith,
this is great, because what was the ETERNAL son before he became a man? supportive scripture, Hebrews 2:9 "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man".
ok, what was JESUS before he was made lower than the angels. remember he made the angels.... :eek: supportive scripture, John 1:3

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God the Father is a Spirit.
Of course the Holy Spirit is a Spirit.

But Christians do not confuse and confound the three.
Neither should we divide their substance.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 53:10 "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
You got the wrong emphasis on this verse.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got the wrong emphasis on this verse.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
GINOLJC, to all. I don't know how many way I can say it, THE HOLY SPIRIT SHARED IN "FLESH" WITH BLOOD WAS MADE SIN FOR US.
it's you who missed the POINT, listen. Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him". justbyfaith, who is the "he" and the "him" here in red? the ARM of GOD, the Lord Jesus. God almighty himself SHARED in flesh. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". BINGO.

let us make is again plain as PIE..... the ARM of GOD is God himself shared in FLESH and BLOOD as, as, as, as, a man. the ARM of God is the "ANOTHER" of God, the Spirit, the HOLY SPIRIT in Flesh and blood. the Word is God, per John 1:1c who was made Flesh, per John 1:14. UNDERSTAND the ARM of God is the G243 Allos of himself "SHARED" in flesh. again, G243 allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. a numerical diffrence...... 1 2, another of 1, meaning the same sort, or the 1, the EQUAL SHARE OF HIMSELF IN FLESH. understand justbyfaith, the Lord Jesus the Holy Spirit that is "ANOTHER", G243 of himself in flesh. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". WHAT DO "FORM" HERE MEANS? ..... NATURE.
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

it's the NATURE of God, which is Spirit, per John 4:24a. ok, what kind or type of NATURE? answer, in the root of the word, which is
G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

another word for "portion" is SHARE. knock, knock .... God is a Spirit who "SHARED" himself in flesh equally, and G2758 κενόω kenoo himself in that flesh. let's see this G2758 κενόω kenoo(ING) in prophecy that is to come.

SCRIPTURES, this is the "LORD" all caps speaking. Zechariah 12:8 "In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
Zechariah 12:9 "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

NOW justbyfaith, read verse 10 above and tell us WHEN WAS THE "LORD", ALL CAPS WAS PIERCED? ........ WELL. and please remember, the LORD, who is God is a Spirit. now how in the world can someone pierce a Spirit whom they cannot even see ....... unless that Spirit was manifested some how.......... :eek: are we getting it yet?. NOW THINK on what we just said. we pray you get by now.

PICJAG.

PS, Isaiah is correct, ""Who hath believed our report?", "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". WHO HATH BELIEVED OUR REPORT? well the report is made, and given. it's up to you to believe it or not........ :D

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Holy Spirit become sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him?

Or was it the soul of Jesus that became sin?

Waiting for your direct answer to these questions.

A yes or no will suffice for each one.

To @101G.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Holy Spirit become sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him?

see above.
PICJJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith said: ↑

when there is a "or" in a question how do you give a yes or no. but no mind.

#1. The Holy Spirit in "Flesh" was Made sin for us.
#2. the Soul of the Lord Jesus never became Sin.

now your answer?

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith said: ↑

when there is a "or" in a question how do you give a yes or no. but no mind.

#1. The Holy Spirit in "Flesh" was Made sin for us.
#2. the Soul of the Lord Jesus never became Sin.

now your answer?

PICJAG.
So the Holy Spirit is sin?

You are walking on dangerous ground.

Mar 3:28, Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29, But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

To your questions, I would say that yes, if you compare Isaiah 53:10 with 2 Corinthians 5:21, that it was the soul of the Lord Jesus that became sin (not the Holy Ghost).

My answer.

Is there anything biblical that refutes it?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Holy Spirit is sin?
did I say that? no... READ WHAT I SAID. the Holy Spirt in flesh was made, not become, but made sin for us. and where was he made sin at? IN THE FLESH.
f you compare Isaiah 53:10 w/ 2 Corinthians 5:21, that it was the soul of the Lord Jesus that became sin (not the Holy Ghost).
ERROR, let's get it right,
1 John 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren". God the Holy Spirit shared in FLESH "LAID DOWN HIS LIFE". hold it, what LIFE? the LIFE he TOOK on while in flesh. The life of all flesh is in the blood, supportive scripture, Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.. NOT THAT THE SOUL IS SIN, but FOR, FOR, FOR your SOUL. now in order to have blood, one needs a body. LISTEN,
Hebrews 10:4 "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

"WHAT IS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THAT BODY?", glad you asked, listen.

Hebrews 10:9 "Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Hebrews 10:10 "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Hebrews 10:11 "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Hebrews 10:12 "But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Hebrews 10:13 "From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

so what's in a body? glad you asked, "BLOOD", BINGO, it's the BLOOD that is laid down, not the SOUL, for the SOUL is not the BLOOD, where the LIFE is at.

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, there is scripture that states that He offered up His soul, and there is scripture that states that He offered up His body:

But I think that you would be hard-pressed to be able to find scripture that states He offered up His Spirit (in the sense of the Spirit becoming sin for us, i.e. if the Spirit died and became sin for us, if 2 Corinthians 5:21 applied to the Spirit and not just he body and soul of Jesus).

I don't think that the Holy Spirit died.

Jesus died (became sin) in His body and in His soul; but not in His Spirit (although His Spirit was separated from His body; and it is acceptable to say that He died in this fashion).

I believe that He gave the living Spirit to us, that He might indwell us and help us to live a holy life.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul may indeed be located in the blood.
The LIFE is in the BLOOD. man "BECAME", became, became, a living SOUL when, when God blew the breath of LIFE in him, and the Life is now in the blood. it is the BREATH of Life that makes a living SOUL.

we understand if it's used metaphorically because the soul is the result of the blood. but be informed the Soul is not the blood. example, Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Revelation 6:10 "And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

now this, Genesis 4:10 "And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

these are the voice of "DEAD" Souls metaphorically speaking, not "LIVING" souls.

you want to try again?

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as for these dead souls, we touched on this in another topic, but we'll reiterate here.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten”. THAT’S WHY IT IS WRITTEN, to remember. scripture, Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Malachi 3:17 "And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him". For when Christ returns, out spirits are given new resurrected bodies, (if dead at his coming, living changed), then our souls are rebooted so to say, without the sin we did. Just like a computer, when turned off, dead, know or do nothing, but when resurrected or turned on again, or after a failure, re-booted, this is why we have a "BACK-UP". well God have a back-up the books are written. This is the best example I can find to come close to what we say about death.

but keep in mind, the dead knows nothing. nor can praise him.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith, @Enoch111, or any who would like to answer. We would like to ask a question. which was asked, but not answered. well, two questions for right now.

#1. Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn".

the "I", and the "me", here is the "LORD", (when reading the afore verses). Question, "When was the LORD, who is the almighty, pierced?". take your time in answering.

#2. Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

this is without a doubt, "the voice of one that crieth in the wilderness", is John the Baptist. but Isaiah said that he Prepare ye the way of the LORD" that's LORD in all caps as in the almighty. now this,

Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Matthew 3:2 "And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight".

Question, "How did the "LORD", all caps, the almighty, in Isaiah 40:3 became the "Lord" in Matthew 3:3. dose not the doctrine of the trinity states the Father/LORD, is not the Son/Lord?". so did Isaiah lied? God forbid. but remember this before you answer, 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

so God inspired Isaiah to write chapter 40:3. so did God himself lied to Isaiah? no, God forbid. we'll help you out, is the Lord in Matthews 3:3 the same person in Isaiah 40:3 only in flesh and blood, and in a G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') state, maybe? ........ :D but we'll let you answer that.

PICJAG.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@OzSpen
Some here don't even know what the word BEGOTTEN means.
But they want to explain the Trinity/Godhead to us.
Funny stuff.

Read 1534 as to when that poster thinks Jesus was begotten.