truth only ? No. Not possible here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone posts anything contrary to Scripture, point it out

What a unique concept, a novel idea, unprecedented! :D:p

Here is truth: Christ is God; John 1:1ff, in fact he is the eternal YHWH; John 12:41, Isaiah 6:1.

Reactions: Cooper

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that is the only thing that separates them, their names, and absolutely nothing else, since each is god (yes, lower case)
If you use lower case for the one true God, then you are identifying yourself as a Jehovah's Witness. They deliberately corrupted their New Word Translation to avoid the logical conclusion that Jesus is God, by changing John 1:1 to created a false god and included Polytheism into their false cultic beliefs.

In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. (John 1:1 New World Translation)

Furthermore, they used the corrupted Westcott-Hort critical text for their New Testament.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you use lower case for the one true God, then you are identifying yourself as a Jehovah's Witness. They deliberately corrupted their New Word Translation to avoid the logical conclusion that Jesus is God, by changing John 1:1 to created a false god and included Polytheism into their false cultic beliefs.

In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. (John 1:1 New World Translation)

Furthermore, they used the corrupted Westcott-Hort critical text for their New Testament.
No Enoch111, ...for the record, I believe that JWs still refer to the Father as God, and the son as god ( a lesser deity).
But I was referring to all three, in the collective sense, as god. Meaning, not at all in any divine sense, but in the way that pagan and false gods are referred to with lower case, denoting an ignoble appellation. The trinity is such an entity.

Only the Father is God and divine. The Holy Spirit is merely a gift from the Father, in order to empower the Elect in various ways, to bring the lost to Christ. And Christ was the first-born of all creation, but created and revealed in the 1st century AD.

The corruptions in the JWs New World Translation, has nothing to do with it being derived from the WH printed text. The emendation that you pointed out, is unique solely to their NWT, it is not found in the WH.
Nestle-Aland, UBS, and Westcott-Hort i.e. eclectic text-types, are extremely invaluable resources. Much more reliable and accurate than the Majority text printed editions. Although they are good, just as the KJV is a great edition, a serious student should begin, and emphasize his studies using the eclectic versions.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone posts anything contrary to Scripture, point it out.

(with Scriptural reference if available or known)

Truth: Few people find the narrow road to life.

Question: Why does God say most people follow /stay on / the wide road to destruction ?

The simple fact is, the reason most people take the wide road to destruction is, they love men more than God. People grow up in a belief that family or loved ones have. Most people don't question that belief. When they do and they want to change, they find out that their family and loved ones start speaking out against them. Most people caved in to that kind of pressure and continue to go to a church that has similar beliefs that their family and friends have even though they have questions concerning that belief. Most people don't want to lose family or friends when in comes to whatever questions they have concerning their beliefs in God.

Reactions: Joseph77

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It never works...everyone has their own definition of truth and the interpretation of scripture...

Plus, who has the last word on who's is right and who is wrong..? You ? :D

God's word is the truth and God's word tells us that we can know that truth if we search for it as though we are searching for gold. I don't believe the scriptures lie about that fact, that truth. You and others who say, "it never works, that people go by their own definition of truth or their own interpretation of the scriptures." Let's take a look at that statement. In the scriptures it says that no one is excusable for saying there is no God because creation itself is speaking the truth when it says God does exist. Even though people know this to be true they still choose to worship creation rather than the creator. Does that mean men are justified when they say something different such as, the creation doesn't prove that God exists because people such as scientists say so. Of course not. But the people who choose to believe those scientists are worshipping those men, who are part of creation rather than agreeing with scripture that says creation itself proves God does exist. Do you see how easy it is for people to go on the road of destruction because they choose to believe those men(scientists) rather than what the scriptures say. A person such as yourself are you not trying to get people to worship you rather than God and what his word says concerning that truth that's in his word? Why do I ask that? Because you say, "it never works" so you're teaching something completely opposite what the scriptures say, what God says, therefore are you not calling God a liar when he tells us his word is truth and if we search the scriptures as though we are searching for gold we will find that truth. We who sincerely search for that truth, don't listen to those who say it never works. They are the ones the scriptures talk about that when the scriptures say creation itself proves that God exists would rather believe something else rather than what the scriptures say, rather than what God says. Are there those who are going to choose to not believe in that truth that's in the scriptures, yes they are going to be those who choose not to believe God and his truth. These are those who would rather worship creation rather than the creator. Is that you? Like I said, God word is truth and it tells us we can find that truth. Are you not calling Gods word a lie therefore are you not calling God a liar when you say something different than the scriptures. The scriptures show us that interpretations belong to God. So shouldn't we let God word interpret itself rather than follow the interpretation of men? When God says his word is truth and we can find that truth if we search for it like God tells to, shouldn't we believe that? Shouldn't we exercise faith in that?

Reactions: Joseph77

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earliest manuscripts for Timothy 3:16 say Hos, not theos.

The above is one of the silliest and weakest arguments I've seen to date in an attempt to deny the deity of Christ due to hos being used in 1 Timothy 3:16 instead of theos.

Throughout church history the church fathers knew this referred to God being revealed in the flesh and they mentioned this time and again.

Christ is YHWH of the OT, eternal God, who became flesh.

Reactions: Cooper

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

See God raised Christ from the dead, explain that one away and,

Act_7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

God standing at teh right hand of God, does HE have a split personality

Act_5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The above is one of the silliest and weakest arguments I've seen to date in an attempt to deny the deity of Christ due to hos being used in 1 Timothy 3:16 instead of theos.

Throughout church history the church fathers knew this referred to God being revealed in the flesh and they mentioned this time and again.

Christ is YHWH of the OT, eternal God, who became flesh.
P4T, I'm sorry, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you are a serious and somewhat competent exegete? But, lately you've been making rather absurd assertions.
Just admit that 1 Timothy 3:16 is not a conclusive case for trinitarianism. All the evidence is against it, as the earliest manuscripts all attest to 'He'. And, if I recall correctly, other manuscripts mistook Hos for a Nomina Sacra. Either way, it's not Theos.
This is not open for debate. Like I said, if you're not reasonable and sensible enough to concede that the verse is not a trinitarian attestation, you are displaying nothing more than a eisegetical bias, and utter recklessness in handling Scripture.

1 Timothy 3:16 (NASB)
By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

[He]
Ὃς (Hos)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 3739: Who, which, what, that.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your heresy is an old one. Nothing further need be said.
P4T, I'm sorry, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you are a serious and somewhat competent exegete? But, lately you've been making rather absurd assertions.
Just admit that 1 Timothy 3:16 is not a conclusive case for trinitarianism. All the evidence is against it. Earliest manuscripts all attest to 'He'. If I recall correctly, other manuscripts mistook Hos for a Nomina Sacra. Either way, it's not Theos.
This is not open for debate. Like I said, if you're not reasonable and sensible enough to concede that the verse is not a trinitarian attestation, you are displaying nothing more than a eisegetical bias, and utter recklessness in handling Scripture.

By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels,

[He]
Ὃς (Hos)

Lol, oh, how you've hurt me by implying I'm not serious. This verse is not proof against trinity nor is it proof Christ isn't God. Your argument is laden with flattering words, with no substance.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just admit that 1 Timothy 3:16 is not a conclusive case for trinitarianism. All the evidence is against it, as the earliest manuscripts all attest to 'He'. And, if I recall correctly, other manuscripts mistook Hos for a Nomina Sacra. Either way, it's not Theos.

[He]
Ὃς (Hos)
Replace 'He' with God.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol, oh, how you've hurt me by implying I'm not serious. This verse is not proof against trinity nor is it proof Christ isn't God. Your argument is laden with flattering words, with no substance.
Ok, I'm trying here, but it's becoming very hard to think that you have any sense in your head. I do not have the onus to proof Christ is not God, for everyone that ever met him, saw him eat, sweat in the hot sun, defecate in the lavatory, express ignorance, cry and bleed.
Either way, my post to you with that verse, was not to prove that Christ is not God, but that it does not state that he is, LIKE YOU TRIED TO DO? I WAS RESPONDING TO YOUR POST, REMEMBER????
Why can't you stay focused on anything, ...are you daft, I'm asking?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're losing me, the subject is whether Jesus Christ the man, was God.
In 1 Timothy 3:15-16 The subject is the living God. This is who the 'He' is in the ASV. Try it in another translation.

1Ti 3:15-16 KJV But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. (16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: (He) God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 1 Timothy 3:15-16 The subject is the living God. This is who the 'He' is in the ASV. Try it in another translation.

1Ti 3:15-16 KJV But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. (16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: (He) God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Ok, I didn't get where you were coming from, that's why I responded. I wouldn't have otherwise.
Have you been paying attention to the discussion at all? I just showed that the manuscripts say He. Why would you just disregard all the evidence and say 'change He with God', without putting up an argument?

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If anyone posts anything contrary to Scripture, point it out.

(with Scriptural reference if available or known)

Truth: Few people find the narrow road to life.

Question: Why does God say most people follow /stay on / the wide road to destruction ?
Truth: Most people find the narrow road to life, but prefer the broader easier road where most sheep (the shepherdless) follow.