Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is only one truth and that is God’s TRUTH!!

(Romans 8:28–34)

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.

7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.

11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.

13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of TRUTH—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one truth and that is God’s TRUTH!!

(Romans 8:28–34)

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.

7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.

11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.

13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of TRUTH—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.
Could you define "God's TRUTH"?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Could you define "God's TRUTH"?
Can you?

Ephesians 3:17
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

New Living Translation
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong

The Holy Spirit lives in my heart....I know that...why ...because I’m Born Again ...

How do I know that....He testifies with our spirit that we are his children....he speaks to our spirit...that was 31 yrs ago....

The Holy Spirit in us does the will of the Father through us.....it’s a mind blowing amazing living relationship with God through His Spirit.

There is nothing on the planet like it....this is my testimony and belief.

God,NEVER....NEVER.....Lies....Hallelujah and Praise God.

Romans 8:16

King James Version

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Truth​

Truth of/ about?
I am The Truth.....Jesus. .......of/ about God
....does anybody know what that means?

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The truth is inward revelation by the Holy Spirit which is ALWAYS confirmed by scripture. If it's not in the Bible it is not true. One also needs to be walking in the Light for that revelation. That means not sinning.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The truth is inward revelation by the Holy Spirit which is ALWAYS confirmed by scripture. If it's not in the Bible it is not true. One also needs to be walking in the Light for that revelation. That means not sinning.
I suppose the Nth and South Pole don't exist (not true) because it's not in the Bible?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought it was acknowledged that I was speaking about spiritual matters and the way to be right with God.
I think we need to qualify our statements or at least present them so as to stimulate questions for further clarification.

Reactions: Hepzibah

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you know that what Jesus said in the Holy Bible, were true?
There are a few things I have faith in, one of them being that the Bible doesn't lie. If the Bible says Jesus or God said something, then they said it.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with most of what you say, but I have trouble with this: "If it's not in the Bible it is not true." I know for a fact that if I touch a hot stove, I'll get burned, but that is not in the Bible.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few things I have faith in, one of them being that the Bible doesn't lie. If the Bible says Jesus or God said something, then they said it.
How would you personally know that, is what I’m asking?

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would agree with most of what you say, but I have trouble with this: "If it's not in the Bible it is not true." I know for a fact that if I touch a hot stove, I'll get burned, but that is not in the Bible.
I thought it was acknowledged that I was speaking about spiritual matters and the way to be right with God.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.