Trying to quit smoking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I started smoking at 17 and around 23 I was smoking about 6+ cigs a day. My wife (also a smoker at the same rate) and I decided we would want to have kids and so we would need to quit smoking to let our bodies (hers in particular) cleanse before we started trying for a baby. We both quit cold turkey on the same day and that was the end of it. The more you hype yourself up about it and focus on it, the harder it will be. You just need some motivation and you'll forget all about it. If you have urges, just wait 10 minutes and they will go away.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah once you make it a couple of weeks that nicotine is pretty much out of your system then it’s just mental. You do forget about it after a while.

Reactions: Adam

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
I started smoking LONG before I actually started walking with God. It was actually never my choice. I hated smoking. I don't want to get into that story too much. Basically, it was a bad situation and it was forced on me. I got addicted and then I quit, and then I didn't know how to cope with certain things and started again on my own at 19.

I quit again and again and again, and for six days at the beginning of this month, but without any emotional support besides a different forum - but it didn't give me any Christian support/comfort that I was kind of craving and then in real life there was zero emotional support. Actually it was the opposite and more of just constant criticism.

Now after being here I feel like I have a little more emotional support with dealing with certain things so I'm ready to try again.

I don't really have a point. Just wanted to share.
I quit about 30 years ago.I love the smell of tobacco burning but I don't miss the coughing up green and brown flem in the mornings.yuk

Well here's the trick to quit smoking.You just have to make up your mind before you do.Then do it.Dont try to do it.If you make up your mind to try then you will fail.Its all in the mind.Make up your mind,then do it.