Trying to quit smoking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how do you know this part??

(this got forwarded to my email and caught my eye)
((hi guys))
(((also I quit smoking last year)))
hey fluffffffffffy!....and I thought you'd been raptured (kidding)....nice to see you are still meddling with the melting pot. Ohhhh, and we miss you. Why?....because you are uniquely you!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to see you again, Fluffy.:)

Glad to see you quit smoking. And vaping?
thank you! not yet, i have been under a lot of stress lately and i don't want to add more right now.

I actually was cleaning the bathroom last week and i think i fainted- maybe from exhaustion, so i am not quite ready to add more to my plate at the moment

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it might not be my place to say or not cos im not a doctor but maybe you can research vasovagal syncope and the vagus nerve?
i never actually fainted but when i felt i was going to i had symptoms of that. it can be just stress induced its more than likely not to have a serious cause.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it might not be my place to say or not cos im not a doctor but maybe you can research vasovagal syncope and the vagus nerve?
i never actually fainted but when i felt i was going to i had symptoms of that. it can be just stress induced its more than likely not to have a serious cause.
thanks @lilygrace I think I'll look into that.

I never fainted before so I'm not totally sure that's what it is.

All I know is, I was scrubbing the floor, then I stood up, looked up (don't know why), glazed off and then without any other warning, started to actually fall asleep while standing, but fortunately had enough alertness to know to hold onto the bathtub and closed my eyes.

Moral of the story: probably drink water, don't work too hard, and it might not be the best idea clean the bathroom at 2 AM)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

All I know is, I was scrubbing the floor, then I stood up, looked up (don't know why), glazed off and then without any other warning, started to actually fall asleep while standing, but fortunately had enough alertness to know to hold onto the bathtub and closed my eyes.

Moral of the story: probably drink water, don't work too hard, and it might not be the best idea clean the bathroom at 2 AM)

Hello Fluffy,

It is good to see you and know that God is still drawing you to Himself.

I too, have to watch that I do not stand up too quickly even, from a chair, because when I do I can get light headed because my blood pressure cannot keep up with with the increase blood pressure needed to circulate the blood around my body.

I also suffered from Sleep Apnoea, and when I was not sleeping with a CAPA machine, many years ago, I would fall asleep driving a car or even in the middle of a conversation with another person. (They simply thought that I was just plain rude.) Back then, I snored very loudly and sneezed a lot, particularly when I woke up. I became the alarm clock for the people who lived near by while I was waking up. Getting enough sleep is important, even if you do not have Sleep Apnoea, so getting the required hours of sleep each day is important.

Now I am not trying to suggest that you have any of my conditions, but living a healthy life style which includes having the right sleeping patterns and hours is good for us. Having a servant heart for others is good, but unless we are looking after ourselves as well, our ability to continue blessing others can cause our health to deteriorate which is not good for us. Keeping everything in balance is beneficial. Empowering others to help us helping them is also a good thing to do and when we are unable to help others, they will have the skills to do so by themselves when we are not able to help.

It is really good to hear from you and I trust that the other forum was beneficial for you to be on.

Keep thanking God for His drawing of you and your love ones to Himself and allow Him the space to do so.

Shalom

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
thanks @lilygrace I think I'll look into that.

@FluffyYellowDuck Not getting dehydrated is also something to remember, yes.

Reactions: BarneyFife

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started smoking LONG before I actually started walking with God. It was actually never my choice. I hated smoking. I don't want to get into that story too much. Basically, it was a bad situation and it was forced on me. I got addicted and then I quit, and then I didn't know how to cope with certain things and started again on my own at 19.

I quit again and again and again, and for six days at the beginning of this month, but without any emotional support besides a different forum - but it didn't give me any Christian support/comfort that I was kind of craving and then in real life there was zero emotional support. Actually it was the opposite and more of just constant criticism.

Now after being here I feel like I have a little more emotional support with dealing with certain things so I'm ready to try again.

I don't really have a point. Just wanted to share.
@LadyofFireandLace May I ask how you came up with your username? I quit smoking about 3 years ago and don't drink either.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My brother-in-law was a hard-smoking hard-drinking Hell's Angel, and because I do neither he once half-jokingly said to me "Huh, you're not a man if you don't drink and smoke".
He died of cancer 8 years ago in his mid-60's but I'm still around..:)
His wife was devastated and now has to face the prospect of living out the rest of her life alone, so to anybody who wants to quit smoking I'd say "go for it" in case you selfishly leave your wife abandoned too.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Lambano

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fire = passionate/dramatic
Lace = delicate/feminine

These days it's probably more lace and pretty much no fire.

I quit smoking last year and I do not vape.
Sorry but your username doesn’t sound so Christian but more provocative.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fire = passionate/dramatic
Lace = delicate/feminine

These days it's probably more lace and pretty much no fire.

I quit smoking last year and I do not vape.
The fire’s gone out, eh? That must be why you’re not smoking anymore.:p

Seriously, congratulations on kicking both smoking and vaping. Your lungs will thank you later.