Trying To Work This Out - Outer Darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s okay, Lambano helped me work it out. Years of agonizing and ina second, relief. I’m on to the next thing, which is how we are all trying to right the wrongs of our childhood. And how, if you throw an extreme narcissist into the mix, you will never, ever get free and understand and get emotional health unless God helps you.
They say we marry our mothers and fathers and it’s because we are trying to right the wrongs. It’s a big mess. Maybe more so for those who had a parent on the extreme end of the scale but it’s common to all.
There is no reference as to who you are posting too?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a rule, I try not to get bogged down trying to map out detailed events on the eschatological timeline. Christ's return, the Judgment, and the end to sin and death is what's important. I guess everybody has to have a hobby, though. But I'll give it a try. The verse quoted, Revelation 22:14-15, is an exhortation to the reader, not a description of events on the timeline. Those sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and the like he refers to got tossed into the burning garbage pit (another vivid image) along with Death and Hades back in Revelation 21:8. So, "outside" just means they're not going to make it inside, and the reader is exhorted to not be one of them. It doesn't mean they're in the dark outside the city walls looking in forever. In any case, there is no night there. (Revelation 22:5.) No darkness anymore.

So, I'm still not convinced that the Outer Darkness is eternal conscious punishment.
Revelation 22:3-5 KJV
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: [4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. [5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a bit like the verse about being like children playing…I played this song but you didn’t act according to script and then I played that song and still you didn’t play your expected part, didn’t act or emote as you were supposed to!
Who are you posting this too?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps there are shades outside of the kingdom, from Gods light that fills the kingdom. And the further you go out, the darker it gets until you can no longer find your way back. Because some people will go so far our they can’t even see the kingdom; those who do not believe are said to not be able to see the kingdom, if they aren’t born again. That is my opinion and could be wrong, and I believe that is why the lake of fire is there for those who may desire to come to the truth in Christ; but I don’t know.

There could be fire the also protruding out from the kingdom of God is said to be an all consuming fire.

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never can stick to topic in a thread of mine. I find too many new things that shoot out in all directions. I just remembered that there’s such a thing as unregenerate believers, as an apostle found believers who weren’t given the Spirit yet.
Jhn 3:8
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Make sure you bring excavating markers with your pick and shovel.
Sometimes there are so many rubies and diamonds scattered everywhere, it's hard to remember where the one you passed by was.
ENJOY!!!
I'm enjoying your study
:D
Hugs

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use bread crumbs haha!
If you get lost just go back to the beginning and pick up the trail.
Outer Darkness, Thick Darkness...
Like oblivion. Switching channels on the tv not even noticing what your watching.
A lot of the world right now is in this kind of darkness. I don't think they have any idea what is going on.
wandering stars....

bread crumbs are good. It leaves something for the birds to nibble on. Sometimes they like the crumbs and keep following.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get lost just go back to the beginning and pick up the trail.
Outer Darkness, Thick Darkness...
Like oblivion. Switching channels on the tv not even noticing what your watching.
A lot of the world right now is in this kind of darkness. I don't think they have any idea what is going on.
wandering stars....

bread crumbs are good. It leaves something for the birds to nibble on. Sometimes they like the crumbs and keep following.
You know, I’m still thinking about this.
I expect that the world won’t see very much a lot of the time. But it’s when I see a believer in that same dampened consciousness that I get surprised. Although…I didn’t immediately begin seeing all the patterns and scaffolding when I came to God. My mind was a shut down emotional mess.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could make a case that this is the Purgatory "Debtor's Prison", though that begs the question as to how a debtor in prison is going to earn anything to pay off the debt.
I would think seeing you must forgive others because you have been forgiven (which is what the man in the parable didn’t see) would be, not paying it off so much as having your debt forgiven again.

When someone does something very mean or awful to me, most of the time I can think of something I’ve done that’s far worse than what they did to me.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I’m still thinking about this.
I expect that the world won’t see very much a lot of the time. But it’s when I see a believer in that same dampened consciousness that I get surprised. Although…I didn’t immediately begin seeing all the patterns and scaffolding when I came to God. My mind was a shut down emotional mess.
I think most of us don't know we don't know, until we know we didn't.
I thought I knew one way when I was in my 20's, a different way when I was in my 30's... I'm getting close to 60's and I'm still learning new things everyday.

Today though, ughhh.. It's hard to psh through that... darkness because the enemy has fortified it with lies and propaganda and hate.
And we are the enemies.
How to pierce that darkness though...
Have to get their attention. Get off Tik Tok, put away the cellphones and the Ipads and the video games....
You're so MEAN!!!

We are the villians because we carry the candles, and the darkness don'r like the light.

And he sent them out 2 by 2 to preach his name in every village, to prepare the way before him.

We walk through the darkness carrying these little candles.. put a little hole in the darkness here, a little there.
But when the LIGHT follows up behind, then those who saw some hope....
Yeah.. Then they know they know what they didn't know before.

It's a mission.
And I love digging
Hugs

• Love

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to sum up what I’ve learned about what I’ve agonized over for so many years - whether or not the outer darkness is forever and if religious hypocrites have to live there forever, no, I don’t think so because:

Revelation 21:
The one who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. 8 But for the cowardly, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and sexually immoral persons, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

And Revelation 22:
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they will have the right to the tree of life, and may enter the city by the gates.15 Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral persons, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s been only two individuals I’ve sent to the isle of Patmos in all the years I’ve visited this sight, my only regrets about the whole thing is,, I wish I’d have done it sooner!
That is interesting what is the language they speak called there if some people still live on that isle?

Reactions: Waiting on him

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s cool. Must have been a sight wish was able to see pictures.