TULIP an open discussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Love God in my heart,Marks..do you love the Bible more than God?...think on that one.
Yeah, see, this is what it was sounding like where you were going with that. I just ask you to be bold and not try to hide the things you are saying. If the trumpet doesn't sound a clear note . . .

I'm glad you love God!

Do you then wonder that because I seem to maybe love the Bible more than you, that I love God maybe less than you? Or less then His Word?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, you said I look down on you, seriously, that’s a lie from the devil, I would never look down on you.
I'll accept that affirmation over your comments about me not being on your level, and stuff like that. Something maybe for you to think about . . .

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, see, this is what it was sounding like where you were going with that. I just ask you to be bold and not try to hide the things you are saying. If the trumpet doesn't sound a clear note . . .

I'm glad you love God!

Do you then wonder that because I seem to maybe love the Bible more than you, that I love God maybe less than you? Or less then His Word?

Much love!
Stop twisting my words Mark.

I asked you a question and this is your answer...defensive, very defensive.all in my opinion marks.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'll accept that affirmation over your comments about me not being on your level, and stuff like that. Something maybe for you to think about . . .

Much love!
Ok, I will leave it there, God Bless,xx

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! The drawing of God IS irresistible! BUT-ONLY-TO-THOSE-WHOM-THE-FATHER-ELECTED/CHOSEN-IN-ETERNITY-PAST-BEFORE-THE-FOUNDATION-OF-THE-WORLD!

That is your belief, but I will stick with God's Word. The fact is many do resist the Spirit (Acts 7:51-52) and the Word (Romans 10:17-21), and so, remain condemned (John 3:18).

God's kind intention, regarding salvation, is to have mercy on all because all have sinned (Romans 11:32).

Romans 11:32 (KJV) 32 For God has bound all to disobedience, that he might have mercy on all.

God's mercy is, therefore extended to all mankind, because all have disobeyed.

The will (John 6:40),
The Good pleasure (1 Corinthians 1:21),
The gracious choice/election (Romans 11:3-5)

of God, because of his great love, is to save whoever will believe (John 3:16).

Those who resist the Spirit are because by nature they are Spiritually dead, and a Spiritually dead person has no capacity, nor power to do anything spiritually. Lol.

They remain dead because they resist the Spirit, not vice versa.

The dead in sin person passes out of death onto life by faith because of the Gospel.

John 5:24 (WEB) 24 “Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 20:31 These are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.

Actually, in a sense, the ones who really killed Jesus are His sheep those He gave His life for (Matthew 1:21).

Exactly.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your belief, but I will stick with God's Word. That fact is many do resist the Spirit and the Word, and so, remain condemned.
Acts 7:51 KJV
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Certainly there are those who resist the Holy Spirit.

Much love!

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Atonement" is a made-up word based on three smaller words: "at-one-ment," and it means "the state of being reconciled."

Propitiation is the state of being "mollified." This word indicates when someone performs a very pleasing act to appease the anger and wrath of a god, or a powerful person. For example, if a young child accidentally breaks a very expensive vase and her father gets very mad, she might try to make up for it by picking some flowers from the garden and giving them to her dad. Her father sees her contrition, which warms his heart and mollifies his anger.

John the Apostle tells us that the cross of Christ was an act of propitiation. "In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10) Jesus turned away the wrath of God because God was very pleased with what Jesus did.

Contrary to popular conception, our sins were not remitted. Jesus didn't "pay" for our sins. Rather, as John says, God sent his son to be the propitiation for our sins, meaning, our sins were forgiven because Jesus' obedience appeased God's wrath.

I agree with most of what you stated here. Lord Jesus definitely became that eternal propitiation (atonement) for sin. The sacrifices made before Christ' sacrifice were only temporary atonement measures.

Hebrews 2:17 (WEB) 17 Therefore he was obligated in all things to be made like his brothers, that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people.

The last two sentences I have an issue with, because Christ's sacrifice of himself also redeemed (made payment) for our sins.

Galatians 3:13 (WEB) Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us. For it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree,” [Deuteronomy 21:23]

Galatians 4:4-5 (WEB) 4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent out his Son, born to a woman, born under the law, 5 that he might redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as children.

1 Peter 1:18-19 (WEB) 18 knowing that you were redeemed, not with corruptible things, with silver or gold, from the useless way of life handed down from your fathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb without blemish or spot, the blood of Christ

Redeem
[exagorazó]
Usage: I buy out, buy away from, ransom; mid: I purchase out, buy, redeem, choose.

Last edited:

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No verse says that only the humble are qualified for God's Redemption.
What heretics commentary taught you that foolish unscriptural lie?

God himself, and His Word, are guilty of your condemnation.

Luke 4:18-19 (WEB) 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because {{{He}}} has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.
{{{He}}} has sent me to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim release to the captives, recovering of sight to the blind, to deliver those who are crushed, 19 and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” [Isaiah 61:1-2]

Mathew 11:28 (WEB) Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.

Psalms 18:27 (NIV) 27 You save the humble but look down on those whose eyes are haughty [proud, arrogant].

Psalms 34:18 Yahweh is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit.

Psalms 25:8-9 (WEB) Good and upright is Yahweh, therefore he will instruct sinners in the way. 9 He will guide the humble in justice. He will teach the humble his way.

Isaiah 66:2 (WEB) For my hand has made all these things, and so all these things came to be,” says Yahweh: “but I will look to this man, even to he who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at my word.

God does not save the proud, rather, he rejects them.

1 Peter 5:5 (WEB) Yes, all of you clothe yourselves with humility, to subject yourselves to one another; for “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." [Proverbs 3:34]

I refuse to communicate with you any further, since you blaspheme God, calling him a "heretic," and proudly proclaiming that what God taught is a "foolish unscriptural lie."

You must first repent to God and apologize to all those on this board for your anti-Christian behavior before I will ever communicate with you again.

1 Peter 5:6 (WEB) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time

Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for {{{everyone}}} who exalts himself will be brought low, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Last edited:

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 7:51 KJV
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Certainly there are those who resist the Holy Spirit.

Much love!

Amen!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are “ Born Of The Spirit “....see that....that is not by man’s choice, that is by Gods will.

Born Again of imperishable seed....you don’t need any Greek or grammer or constantly studying scripture to know that...

Why, because we are Born Again by the Living Holy Spirit....that is what Born Again means, it’s a Living spiritual rebirth....no man on the planet can choose to have their spirit Born Again.....that can only come through the witness, who witnesses Gods truth to our heart, the Living Holy Spirit, who is that vital ingredient that we need, imperishable seed....the Holy Spirit is that seed, which is planted in our hearts where it will grow and flourish....that seed liveth and abideth forever....that “ Living “ seed, not a dead seed..a Living seed the Holy Spirit.

Never ever to die....of course you wouldn’t know any of this, without God’s witness ,..witnessing that to your spirit....only the Spirit can testify with our spirit that we are Gods children....once you know that in your spirit....that’s it...you know you can NEVER lose your salvation....because the seed liveth and abideth forever...in our hearts....just as Gods written word says, backed up by His Living Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why does God through His apostle urge people to be reconciled to God? That would be no different then me telling my car, you need to be repaired! Please, be repaired!! When I'm the one deciding whether I'm going to fix it or scrap it.

Much love!
YOU are not being honest to deliberately omit the bolded words accompanied in paragraph one of my post.

You seem to argue that a spiritually dead person can discern spiritual things of God, which is contrary to a natural man!!!

To God Be The Glory

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are drawn to Jesus by God, you don’t have to have heard the gospel to become Born Of The Spirit, you only have to have known about Jesus, those who sow the seed of his name, I learnt all about Jesus at school.

The gospel does not bring your spirit Alive, only the Living Holy Spirit can do that...you also don’t need any theology degree, grammar, Greek text,etc...to understand that you have been Born Again....you understand that is your spirit which is relayed to the mind.

The mind of man is dead, without God’s Holy Spirit...the Living Holy Spirit is who brings our spirit Alive in Christ...that is a supernatural, spiritual , Living rebirth.....the natural man has no understanding of spiritual matters.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You seem to argue that a spiritually dead person can discern spiritual things of God, which is contrary to a natural man!!!
They can’t....some think that posting reams and reams of scripture/ studying Greek, excellent grammar, makes our spirit Born Again, it doesn’t...only the Living Holy Spirit can do that Living supernatural act...

As you know, he is the one who witnesses to our spirit Gods truth.

Who could possibly know among us the significance of the cross, without God’s witness in our hearts witnessing Gods truth and bringing his written word to our understanding.

The Holy Spirit brings our spirit to understand God’s truth....if man thinks they can understand God’s word without His Living Holy Spirit guidance, then they are very much mistaken I’m afraid.

The written word speaks Gods truth, but, we need the Living Holy Spirit to help us understand in the spirit, as the Bible is a spiritual book and can only be understood in spirit.

Reactions: JunChosen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God himself, and His Word, are guilty of your condemnation.

Calvin and TULIP are guilty before God of creating a theology that denies the Grace of God and insults the Cross of Christ by teaching that God chooses some for Hell.

God does not choose anyone to "Not be chosen", and this demonic lie, accuses God falsely.

The Cross of Christ is not limited by anything.. Its Forgiveness for All for All Time.

John 3:16 explains it... "For God so loved the WORLD that He Gave".......To the WORLD, His Son, and the "world" is ALL The People.

John 3:16 does not say that "for God so loved the elect, that He sent Jesus only for the elect".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Calvin and TULIP are guilty before God of creating a theology that denies the Grace of God and insults the Cross of Christ by teaching that God chooses some for Hell.
How do they justify this in Gods word?

That has never been revealed to my heart by the Spirit, I understand none of that to be honest.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How do they justify this in Gods word?

They dont.

Here is what happened.

A man named John Calvin read this Phrase in the scriptures...>"FORE-KNOWLEDGE" ,and that means, God knows everything that is going to happen next..
And that is all it means.
This is sometimes written down in the bible as PROPHECY, or The Revelation of John... or similar.

But Calvin changed that Phrase..... he redefined this Phase, as PRE-DESTINED.. and then he applied it to Salvation.

That is what He did, and then TULIP evolved it further along and made it worse.

So, this is what MEN do who are deceived.. They take the bible and twist it and deceive others.

Let me show you another one..
This is one JEROME.. and he's one of the most famous "Catholic Fathers".
He is the reason that the Protestant Church was born..
Jerome caused...it . How?
Jerome Translated the Catholic Bible, and He mistranslated it, whenever he felt like it, (Calvin did this also)... so that it lined up with his own Theology.
That is CALVIN... that is TULIP that is what all the cult leaders do...

Currently Catholics do "penance"..... They go to a priest and they confess.....whatever they did....>"I stole from my boss"....
And the Priest says...>"ok, dont do that again, i absolve you, and now go and do 25 "Hail Mary's, and burn 5 candles to Mary".

Why are all CATHOLICS doing that type of "penance" all their LIVES ???

Its because JEROME mistranslated the word REPENTANCE, into "PENANCE" and that is what their Catholic Bible has as the word, in the verse.... = so Catholics have been doing penance, ever since.

MARTIN LUTHER, was a Catholic Bible Translator, who was an honest man, sincere with God and he Read Jerome's translations, and realized that the entire "cult of the Virgin" is a man made religious cult..

And Martin Luther left it .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RJ Sproul's definition.

L stands for limited atonement, which describes God’s intent behind the death of Christ in providing salvation.
Christians can rest assured that if they believe, it is because of the work of God, and that work cannot fail because His love cannot fail.​

Limited atonement is necessitated by God’s justice. If sin has been atoned for, it has been judged and God no longer holds it against us.

Limited atonement is also taught explicitly in Scripture. Under the old covenant, on the Day of Atonement, the high priest of Israel offered an atoning sacrifice only for the people of Israel, not for everyone on the planet (Lev. 16). In the new covenant, Jesus tells us that He lays His life down for His sheep and only for His sheep (John 10:1–18). Some people are not His sheep but are goats. Jesus died not for the goats but for the sheep—His people. We should note that some people have objected to limited atonement because of texts such as 1 John 2:2, which says Jesus is the propitiation not for our sins only but “for the sins of the whole world.” Yet, that text is not talking about the intent of the atonement; rather, it refers to the way of salvation more generally. God has provided only one way of salvation—through Christ (John 14:6). If anyone in the world is going to be saved, it is going to be through Him. There is no other way. The point of 1 John 2:2 is that Christ is the only atonement that can save anyone, not that He has atoned for the sins of every individual.
Thanks for posting this Rockerduck.

I personally don't agree with the doctrine of limited atonement, because I don't agree with the idea that the effect of the atonement was payment for sins. If the cross was payment for sins, I agree that payment would be limited to those God has chosen. But since atonement is not payment for sins, then atonement isn't limited to a subgroup of humanity.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this has been your analogy, but it makes God disengenuous, and I believe God is true.

Much love!
Can you be more specific? How does telling a story make the author disingenuous?