TULIP an open discussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suppose you wrote a story about Jack becoming reconciled to God. You might write that Jill encouraged Jack to become reconciled to God and Jack listened to Jill. You, as the author, not only decided that Jack would reconcile, you also decided that Jill would encourage Jack to reconcile. You, as the author, determine both.
Yes, this has been your analogy, but it makes God disengenuous, and I believe God is true.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God has chosen that only the humble will understand and believe.

No verse says that only the humble are qualified for God's Redemption.
What heretics commentary taught you that foolish unscriptural lie?

The NT actually teaches that "Jesus came into the WORLD save SINNERS".... and "All have sinned".

John 3:16 teaches this as "For God so loved the WORLD (of sinners) that He Sent Jesus".. To the Cross for them ALL.

There is your QUALIFICATiON...

You have to be a sinner to receive Salvation, and you qualified long ago, as we all did, @sets777

Hebrews 3:6 We are his house, if we [Paul includes himself] hold fast our confidence and the glorying of our hope firm to the end.

That verse is not describing, losing salvation".

How do you know, Reader?

Its because all the born again are the House of God already......>"were are the Temple of the Holy Spirit"..

And we became this, not by holding onto anything till the end...but by simple giving God our Faith in Christ while we were "yet sinners".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrary to popular conception, our sins were not remitted. Jesus didn't "pay" for our sins.
Remit is to "send away".
"Atonement" is a made-up word based on three smaller words: "at-one-ment," and it means "the state of being reconciled."
Atonement is typically used in the OT for the covering of sins, appearing once in the KJV NT, translating the Greek "reconciliation". Yes, it's been used to refer to NT reconciliation, but I think that causes confusion, treating the OT covering, and the NT removal of sins as if they were the same.

Meanwhile, the Bible also teaches we've been redeemed, that is, purchased.

Acts 20:28 KJV
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
. :) Testimony is better than theology. Testimony is real experience
This was posted on another thread.

This I 100% agree with, as long as our testimony lines up with Gods written word, His Living word that he speaks to our hearts, will NEVER contradict His written word.

If what we hear in our hearts relayed to our minds, if it doesn’t line up with scripture, then it wasn’t from Him...that is my opinion/ testimony and belief.

I always check with scripture when I believe God to be speaking to my spirit via His Holy Spirit.

The written word MUST back up the Living word that we receive from the Holy Spirit.

• Love
Reactions: JunChosen and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always check with scripture when I believe God to be speaking to my spirit via His Holy Spirit.
One of the many beauties of being well-versed in Scripture is to have that ready understanding to either receive or reject the thoughts of the mind and of the heart according to the word, so that we can have confidence that we are hearing from God, and not just the "little god in our head".

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One of the many beauties of being well-versed in Scripture is to have that ready understanding to either receive or reject the thoughts of the mind and of the heart according to the word, so that we can have confidence that we are hearing from God, and not just the "little god in our head".

Much love!
You don’t need to be well versed in scripture if we are Born Of The Spirit, we are well versed in Gods word, by the Living Spirit, he brings everything that he wants us to know to our understanding, we communicate in our spirit with the Holy Spirit...we grow in the spirit, because we were chosen and predestined to....we learn from the Spirit not of our own accord...

He brings us to understanding his word and he brings us to understand his word in his timing, I don’t have to constantly read scripture...I honestly don’t understand why many do that....you can only understand God’s word when he’s ready to reveal his written words to our spirit/ heart.

I know nothing of the Lake Of Fire, it’s in God’s written word, he hasn’t revealed its meaning to me in my heart/ spirit, that is where we understand God’s truth, in our spirit.

You cannot lead yourself through scripture, without the Holy Spirit , you would just be leading yourself through scripture....I rest in the Lord and he will reveal to my spirit what he wants me to know and post.

It’s the Living Holy Spirit who brings scripture Alive in our hearts/ spirit...I have always learnt that way and continue to do so...in Gods timing....not my timing...therefore I wait on Him for spiritual knowledge and understanding.

I have a Living Spiritual relationship with my Father in heaven via His Holy Spirit...my spirit is Alive it’s not dead....I don’t need to be well versed in scripture to know that my spirit is Alive in Christ.He chose me for his purpose and his plan....to use me as he pleases....he uses me.....when it suits him...and I’m always ready to be used by him...

39] You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
[40] yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 RSV

Last edited:
Reactions: JunChosen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.I don’t need to be well versed in scripture to know that my spirit is Alive in Christ.
I agree, and if you are never in error, what do you need the Bible for? Right? But for myself, the Bible adds wonderfully to my knowledge of and relationship with God. After all . . . He gave it to me, for that purpose, and that purpose it serves.

Regarding leading myself through the Bible, where is that coming from?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
39] You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
[40] yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 RSV
Are you directing this to me? Is this what you think I'm endorsing?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t have to constantly read scripture...I honestly don’t understand why many do that....
Because if fact as I read through His Words He does actually teach me by His Spirit. I soak in it, bask in it, because it's soaking in, basking in His Spirit. He works power through His Word.

I realize you see me at some lower place than you are, and that you condescend to me. But even so . . . I love His Word, I love Him, and I love His Word. And I don't care one iota whether this makes me "less than" in your eyes, I know what I have with God.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, and if you are never in error, what do you need the Bible for? Right?

But for myself, the Bible adds wonderfully to my knowledge of and relationship with God. After all . . . He gave it to me, for that purpose, and that purpose it serves.
Good
Regarding leading myself through the Bible, where is that coming from?

Much love!
I think you may have misunderstood my post..

I don’t think I said we don’t need the Bible, read my post again slowly

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh!..I’ve posted scripture.
Yes, I realize that. You posted a certain Scripture at a certain place in our conversation, and I've asked you a direct question concerning it. You've not given an equally direct answer.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because if fact as I read through His Words He does actually teach me by His Spirit. I soak in it, bask in it, because it's soaking in, basking in His Spirit. He works power through His Word.

Where do you soak his knowledge in?

What in us has been Born Again?

He works power through his written word?

Just trying to understand your dialogue.
I realize you see me at some lower place than you are, and that you condescend to me. But even so . . . I love His Word, I love Him, and I love His Word. And I don't care one iota whether this makes me "less than" in your eyes, I know what I have with God.

Oh my word...stop listening to the devil, seriously @marks

I’m the lowest of the lowest marks...only the Holy Spirit in me is Knowledgeable...what would I know without His Spirit?
Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I realize that. You posted a certain Scripture at a certain place in our conversation, and I've asked you a direct question concerning it. You've not given an equally direct answer.

Much love!
I don’t have to...I posted scripture, if you took that personal, that’s on you..

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good

I think you may have misunderstood my post..

I don’t think I said we don’t need the Bible, read my post again slowly
Personally, it's difficult to understand why you would not have the same love for Scripture that I have, but we are all different, and have different relationships with God. We are instructed and encouraged to know the Scriptures, to meditate on them, fill our minds with them. And not to replace being with and communing the God, as a part of that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t have to...I posted scripture, if you took that personal, that’s on you..
OK. You could give a direct answer, or you could deflect, and you've chosen to deflect. Just saying.

The things you say reflect on you, and not on me, so not to worry about taking things personally, I just prefer to clarify. I realize that not everyone is interested in that.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, it's difficult to understand why you would not have the same love for Scripture that I have, but we are all different, and have different relationships with God. We are instructed and encouraged to know the Scriptures, to meditate on them, fill our minds with them. And not to replace being with and communing the God, as a part of that.

Much love!
I Love God in my heart,Marks..do you love the Bible more than God?...think on that one.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OK.

Much love!
marks, we are all growing in Christ each and everyone of us...

None of us are higher than the other, we are all Brothers and Sisters in Christ...I think we all take things personally at times, I admit I do...show me someone who doesn’t.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brother, you said I look down on you, seriously, that’s a lie from the devil, I would never look down on you.

Did God tell you to say this.seriously.

I realize you see me at some lower place than you are, and that you condescend to me