Two sets of a thousand years.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if the Bible says this:

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?"

When you declare Jesus is not coming to earth, does that Scripture apply to you?

You seem to point out there is no verse stating Jesus is coming to the earth. When any one comes to where you are, are they not with you when they arrive? If Jesus is not coming to earth, then the word coming should be removed from Scripture as well. That word defines that they leave one place and arrive at another place. Many use the term advent, which is even stronger than a coming. Jesus was physically on earth at the first coming. Why would the second coming not imply the same process of Jesus on the earth?

The Day of the Lord is not just an event. It is the Lord on earth with us, in the form of the physical son of God, Jesus the Messiah the Prince. Or Jesus Christ the King.

I don't claim that Jesus won't come to the earth He will on the very last day. I just claim that He doesn't come and stay for a thousand years and then leaves and comes back.

He only comes on the judgement day at the end of our world just like He told us

Matthew 25
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Matthew 13
47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon is mentioned one time and it isn't yet her destruction but she came in remembrance for God to give her the cup of wrath. That's punishment not destruction. Her destruction comes from the ten horns when they burn her (Rev 17:16), not from God's cup of wrath.
This is getting closer, but the city was not destroyed by the ten horns either. In Revelation that is the religious works, symbolized by the harlotry of Babylon. The woman represents religion, not a political nor literal city.

"And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

This city is Jerusalem, but the city is not the point of destruction, and even if so the whole point was the religious nature of the symbolism. This is the end of the 42 months. But at this point Jerusalem has been used up like the harlot she represents in the symbolism of the entire 17th chapter. In fact Jerusalem is abandoned, and all the armies move to Har Megiddo for the battle of Armageddon. You also have to remember that this destruction of Jerusalem is the same 3.5 days the 2 witnesses are laying there dead in Jerusalem. Because the earthquake in Revelation 11 is the same one at the end of Revelation 16. From late Saturday to early morning Sunday, the 3.5 days are finished. Armageddon is for one hour between 5pm and 6pm on Sunday after the 2 witnesses are called up to heaven that morning. Jerusalem will be totally restored by Monday morning when the Millennium, Day of the Lord starts. These last 3.5 days are when the vials were poured out.

Jerusalem was the chief city for 42 months of Satan's Babylonian empire, the sea beast in Revelation 13. That time was given to Satan in the midst of 7 days of the 7th Trumpet. 3.5 days were celebrations that all the kingdoms now belong to Christ. Yet when the Atonement Covenant was confirmed with the many left on earth, some were still covered under the blood of the Lamb. Those will be the beheaded during Satan's 42 months. That is the only reason for Daniel 9:27, Revelation 10:7, and then Revelation 13 is allowed to happen with 3.5 days left of the 7th Trumpet while the 2 witnesses are dead in the streets during the destruction of Jerusalem. It is the earthquake that does the physical destruction. The 10 kings just remove all religious connotations, because that is where Jerusalem played the harlot, religiously. Satan knows his time is up, so even God's throne there is meaningless to him. That last move was him killing even God's 2 witnesses, as the removal of any thing religious or of God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't claim that Jesus won't come to the earth He will on the very last day. I just claim that He doesn't come and stay for a thousand years and then leaves and comes back.

He only comes on the judgement day at the end of our world just like He told us

Matthew 25
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Matthew 13
47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Then why question Jesus is on the earth in Revelation 20?

Revelation 20:1-3 is still the same scene from Satan and the FP at the battle in Revelation 19. Why would the ten kings be at Armageddon fighting with Satan, if Satan is not there? How could Satan be bound if Satan and Jesus are not at Armageddon in Revelation 19? Revelation 19 is the literal battle that chapter 16 is referring to. There is not a literal battle in Revelation 17. That is symbolic of religion being destroyed by the ideology of the 10 horns. They rule with Satan, only if all religion is removed. They even fight the Lamb in Revelation 19, because Jesus is the Lamb no matter what book of the Bible we are referring to.

They don't get killed by Jesus multiple times in multiple battles. All these references from chapters 16, 17, and 18 where all mankind is defeated by the Lamb is the literal battle in Revelation 19. The Lamb is never defeated, and the 10 kings never win a battle. Destroying religion is not physical, but ideological.

The Woman is not physical Jerusalem. But yes she is symbolic of physical Jerusalem. But the symbolism is not about the physical city, but the ideology and religious harlotry of the citizens occupying Jerusalem. This is not about a physical city of Babylon nor even Rome. Jerusalem has always been the representative of Israel and Judah playing the harlot. And the harlot was always Jacob leaving God for all other religions found on earth. The mystery woman is that symbol. Even wicked godless humans understand religion is hopeless and self centered, not of God. The 10 horns are just deceived in fighting the Lamb by Satan, because of the religious implication of Israel's Lamb. That and atheism declares no God at all, so they are facing "nothing" at Armageddon, if God does not exist? Then that "nothing" destroys them all. Satan is probably laughing at them as he is being drug away in chains.

BTW: Gog and Magog are not Revelation 19. The Second Coming is not Revelation 19. These 10 horns have never had an earthly kingdom:

"And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."

That is Revelation 17:12

These horns may be humans alive today, but certainly are not current governments. These horns do not come into play until after the Second Coming, and after the final harvest. 10 individuals trying to take over the world will never be a sign the Second Coming is about to happen. This is at the end of Satan's 42 months, years after the Second Coming.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bigger question revolves around the timing of these events, not the duration of them.

When do you think Satan is/was bound? A future event, or past? Did the Christ not already descend with the keys and bind the dragon, locking and sealing the gate to the abyss? He did. And you can read about it, not in Rev 20, but beginning in Rev 10... in great detail in Rev 12.

When did the reign of Christ begin?

“The kingdom of the world
has become the kingdom of our Lord
and of his Christ,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

And this reign began when the spirit descended. If you miss the basic principles, you miss much. Satan is loosed, when the spirit descends. They work in conjunction, in competition, in concert.

Currently, satan is free = "roaming the earth like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour"

Currently, satan is the "god of this world(age)"

Currently, the LJC is at the RH of the Father interceding for us

Currently, we who belong to Christ are waiting/looking for His Return

Currently, the world is ready to receive thier king which Scripture calls "the Antichrist"

Currently, the Gospel is being preached with the Goal of it reaching all nations

Currently, we who are in Christ, await the Resurrection of the Just which MUST occur before the Second Resurrection which ONLY ocurrs AFTER the 1,000 Year Reign is fulfilled and THEN satan is loosed for a short while