Two Tribulations?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Greeting Dave, I been following this discussion. not saying that any is right nor wrong. to a point I understand your position of two tribulations, but from another prespective.

consider this, the destruction of the temple in AD70 was a tribulation for the Jews especially in their identity of religious worship. for the temple was the center of their worship service, hence the destruction is a tribulation for the Jews.

but consider this. could the way of life as a christian be another tribulation or blow to the Jews? here's what I mean, their center of Worship, the temple is destroyed, and now this growing way of life in Christ which many, not all rejected, is now the center of many coverted Jews worship even unto this day.

this is why just before the verse in question, the Lord Jesus said, these things,
Matthew 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Matthew 24:16 "Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Matthew 24:17 "Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

Matthew 24:18 "Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

Matthew 24:19 "And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Matthew 24:20 "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Matthew 24:21 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

So, from the begining of time, (the Garden when man sinned) and the Lord Jesus said until now, meaning all the trouble the nation of Israel had, (even the bondage in Egypt, their captivity in Babylon, and all the diseases, and sickness, and infirmities that distressed them are nothing to be compared with the calamities which befell them, (the Jews), in the siege and destruction of Jerusalem, (meaning their Religious Identity is lost for ever.). that is troubling.

so I can see a double wammy of tribulation on the phyical, and spiritual side. because when the Lord gave this discourse it was concering the temple, which was the center of their worship

Matthew 24:1 "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Matthew 24:3 "And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

two events, the destruction of the temple, and his coming.

the destruction of the temple, "GREAT TRIBULATION"
Matthew 24:21 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Before his coming, "TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS
Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Immediately after or "also" after"Those days", the sun darken, moon no light, and stars are falling, all symbolic representative a. sun gospel, b. moon, no more Law, c. stars or messengers... ie prophets, preachers.... fallen, meaning false one. hence the spiritual tribulation.

that just my oponion looking at your assessmen of two tribulations. so don't hold me to it, just an oponion looking at two tribulation of the Jews.

even today some Jews don't acept Christ as their saviour.
Matthew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Thanks! Interesting. I agree mostly. I think the AoD "standing" or remaining as an institution = the continued animal sacrifice after Jesus abolished it by the sacrifice of himself. That coupled with armies surrounding Jerusalem and the destruction that followed made it a one time deal. But Christians have great tribulation throughout the New Covenant era.

Paul says we provoke the Jews to jealousy which is what you also say. So it's interesting to consider all of this. Thanks.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
70 AD was the great tribulation aimed only at the Jews. Jesus told the disciples "when you see" the abomination of desolation and the grouping of armies, leave the area. This they did. "When you see" is second person plural meaning them, and not us. But Christian great tribulation exists throughout the entire New Covenant era.

I’m glad to hear someone on thi forum sees this.

Reactions: Dave L

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:29 KJV
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

In revelation we see Satan bound 1000 years. Is he in his little season

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The kingdom of God is within us.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, he can sneak in.

Or can walk in with a gun, scaring an unprepared owner into running away or hiding.

Or the owner did not lock his door or Windows.

Then again there are homes like mine with deadbolts.

As well, come in on us and you get greeted with a 12gauge.