Two Types Of Repenters That Find Damnation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@justbyfaith I have no idea what you just tried to say... sorry...

In all honesty... I find it very difficult talking with you... and I don't mean any disrespect at all... I don't think we are on the same page at all about a great many things which is fine... but I am not altogether clear on exactly what it is you believe.

It is not my intention to argue any more or debate... I am saddened that some dwell on sin to the point that it over takes them and that is all they seem able to dwell upon... The Gospel of Grace invites the sinner to rest assured that they are SAVED and will remain SAVED no matter what because God promises to finish within us what He has begun...( or the good work He has begun when we first got saved ).

Sadly... the issue of ABUSING GRACE always gets thrown into the mix....and I am not certain why... If EVER anyone suggests that we are to LET SIN ABOUND.... they are preaching a heretical gospel... That is NOT what is being taught here... rather that our sin is covered by the Blood of Christ.

Anyways... I bless you... and have no ill feelings towards you... I just don't think we will be able to see eye to eye.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From what you have said to me, I know you have not spent your life under a rock. So I am willing to guess you know of people that sinning, is a lifestyle. And that is the worst kind. Then there are people that go carousing in the evening looking for one night stands...I would say that is a common type of binge sinning. Actually planning on sinning.
I honestly do NOT know of these people you seem to think exist in DROVES. I really don't.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have never been in a bar?
Not in years... I used to go there as a non believer... I don't know of any Christians who would desire to frequent this scene... nor do I know of any Christian who would recommend and or even bless/encourage this practice.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it adding to the blood of Christ to teach that it does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...but that it also sanctifies / makes holy (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7)?

Also, will the blood, when it is truly applied, fail to perform all of its functions?

For example, can it sanctify and cleanse but also not justify?

Likewise, can it justify and not also sanctify and cleanse?

It is for this faithful and true doctrine that I am told by @Blood Bought 1953 that I have a FALSE and PERVERTED gospel;

while in all reality my gospel is true and wholesome.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in years... I used to go there as a non believer... I don't know of any Christians who would desire to frequent this scene... nor do I know of any Christian who would recommend and or even bless this practice.

Well I will tell ya what...it was not that far back that here in the United States that most people were either social Christians, lukewarm Christians are the serious type. So the bars were full of people that professed a belief in Christ. And I have even seen bar fights over Christianity.

The old farts might go to the bar to drink and talk to other old farts, but the middle aged and younger men went to drink and pick up women.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter I truly am perplexed as to which lens you are viewing things. We both know I don't think normally or like most... but even still...

I have not read many of BB's posts in this thread... so I can't be for certain that he has not played the game of aggravation by taking Grace to it's extremest form... for the sake of making a point.... but I will stick out my neck and state that I believe he does NOT condone ANY kind of sin as being acceptable or right... What he is stating is that God's GRACE covers it all... and that as believers we are not under CONDEMNATION... we are free to live without the fear of losing our salvation... therefore allowing us to simply LIVE. Legalists are focused on nothing but sin... all the time.. and it shows in their lives... they are a miserable and judgemental lot in my humble opinion.. and I state this because I have family like this. They are indeed Christians... and they may NEVER drink... or have tattoos... but by golly they are a nasty bunch to be around.

I have been a Christian for about 20 years... a very broken one for 19 of those 20 years... I have sinned much and I suppose I will continue to sin until the day I die... but I sin less and less all the time... and my sins get smaller ( if that's even a thing )... I believe all sin is willful... as a Christian knows what God's standards are... so I don't buy into this THING you seem to be pointing to about people living sinful lives on purpose as though it's a smorgasbord...

WE sin for various reasons... when we are lonely and discontented... when we are impatient.. lacking the necessary faith and wanting to please the flesh...when we are suffering with some kind of addiction... when we are looking to be loved because there is a deep empty hole within us that just needs to be filled... because we are plain mis-informed....

Sanctification is a life long process.... and also ... with age comes a natural maturity... and ability to see things more clearly... I truly do not understand where you are gleaning your information from.

This NEW breed of Christians of which you speak... You have yet to mention what religion they fall under. I know of NO church... no pastor who is giving the green light to sin because it doesn't matter... That is foolishness.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I will tell ya what...it was not that far back that here in the United States that most people were either social Christians, lukewarm Christians are the serious type. So the bars were full of people that professed a belief in Christ. And I have even seen bar fights over Christianity.

The old farts might go to the bar to drink and talk to other old farts, but the middle aged and younger men went to drink and pick up women.
That must be a United States thing... I truly have never heard this before. These middle aged and younger men that you refer to were obviously not being counselled as to what it means to live a Christian life.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I will tell ya what...it was not that far back that here in the United States that most people were either social Christians, lukewarm Christians

There is no such thing as a social Christian. The bible does speak of lukewarm Christians so there must be some of those... I define them as having one foot in the world... and one foot in religion.... I think it was @Pearl who defined this as "mixture". There are most probably a great number of Christians who could be accused of loving the world and the things in it too much. These same Christians will perhaps find it very difficult to survive what is to come in the months and years approaching. They will have to make a choice...as you cannot love the world and God at the same time... I fear some if not many will make the wrong choice.

As far as a serious Christian goes... there is no such thing... but there are a great number of sour faced people who do nothing but condemn and judge others... calling themselves believers.

Being a Christian is a relationship... and we are all accountable to God whether you think so or not... It seems as though you think God should be doing something with these AWFUL abusers of GRACE.... but HE is doing something... you just can't see it or maybe you don't like it...

The story about the workers who all got paid the same amount of money for a days work... some worked all day and got paid what they were owed... The employer showed kindness and mercy and paid those who worked LESS ...the same amount as those who worked all day. He was GRACIOUS and GENEROUS.... That seems to piss people off... that they HAVE to be GOOD while others seem to get away with murder.... THAT is not the right heart to have... it is the same heart that the Prodigal's brother had... it was a jealous heart... and it was Not pleasing to God.

NO one gets away with SIN.... it is all accounted for... AS Christians we are promised that the Blood of CHRIST will cover ALL our sins.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As far as a serious Christian goes... there is no such thing... but there are a great number of sour faced people who do nothing but condemn and judge others... calling themselves believers.

You don't have to be a serious person to be a serious Christian. Joy to the world!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What he is stating is that God's GRACE covers it all... and that as believers we are not under CONDEMNATION..

Ok, even for the Christians, who know the evil that lurks in the hearts of men!
Ok, this is not rocket science...but this in motion. Worldwide....of all history. This is hypothetical. Let's say that everyone believes in Christ...all the famous villains you know and categorically all believe in Christ. Hitler, Charles Manson, Jeffery Dahmer...international child molesters....international female slave captives...international cannibals.

With the concept of ...."What he is stating is that God's GRACE covers it all." Who is going to hell?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE sin for various reasons... when we are lonely and discontented... when we are impatient.. lacking the necessary faith and wanting to please the flesh...when we are suffering with some kind of addiction... when we are looking to be loved because there is a deep empty hole within us that just needs to be filled... because we are plain mis-informed....

This falls into a different category.
Sanctification is a life long process.... and also ... with age comes a natural maturity... and ability to see things more clearly... I truly do not understand where you are gleaning your information from.

There are two categories ...maybe more of sanctification....how about define what you think it is?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This NEW breed of Christians of which you speak... You have yet to mention what religion they fall under. I know of NO church... no pastor who is giving the green light to sin because it doesn't matter... That is foolishness.

I did pose the question...if they were going to name it. It is mostly a tread in society...none church goers...LOL
Do you go to church a lot? LOL

List of Christian denominations affirming LGBTQ
United Church of Christ and the Metropolitan Community Church Evangelical Anglican Church In America
There is actually a long list....
List of Christian denominations affirming LGBT - Wikipedia

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That must be a United States thing... I truly have never heard this before. These middle aged and younger men that you refer to were obviously not being counselled as to what it means to live a Christian life.

WOW You are way to judgmental and condemning! LOL

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a social Christian.

Au contraire ma soeur.
Even now it is socially awkward in the United States to say you are an atheist.
Most people even if they do not own a Bible, claim to believe in Christ.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL So if you are serious about Christ and live for Him...go to church...fellowship...worship services...you are a sour faced people who do nothing but condemn and judge others... calling themselves believers.

And you wonder why I get the impression that you do not have a bad attitude toward morality and the moral.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a Christian is a relationship... and we are all accountable to God whether you think so or not... It seems as though you think God should be doing something with these AWFUL abusers of GRACE.... but HE is doing something... you just can't see it or maybe you don't like it...

Being a Christian is a relationship... YOU MEAN SOCIAL...and we are all accountable to God...BUT NO ONE GOES TO HELL...whether you think so or not... It seems as though you think God should be doing something with these AWFUL abusers of GRACE.... but HE is doing something... you just can't see it or maybe you don't like it....IS THIS ALL OCCURING IN YOUR HEAD?