Two Types Of Repenters That Find Damnation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story about the workers who all got paid the same amount of money for a days work... some worked all day and got paid what they were owed... The employer showed kindness and mercy and paid those who worked LESS ...the same amount as those who worked all day. He was GRACIOUS and GENEROUS.... That seems to piss people off... that they HAVE to be GOOD while others seem to get away with murder.... THAT is not the right heart to have... it is the same heart that the Prodigal's brother had... it was a jealous heart... and it was Not pleasing to God.

This is good and an interesting topic...and it is open for speculation. I do not remember a time that I did not believe in Christ...remember riding around in diapers on my Radio flyer tricycle and watching Christian cartoons....but some are saved as teenagers, as adults, in nursing homes etc...all are saved equally....not going to hell equally....some work hard for Christianity. Work and good deeds do not get you to heaven but how about the reward...what does the Bible say about the rewards.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I try to pickle myself in HIS GRACE and MERCY....
Lol pickle yourself....that's brilliant lol.....Never heard that phrase before. There are a few in this thread that need to get pickled in His Grace and mercy, do you mind if I use it on them, I know just the guy....not sure he is talking to me tho....... Hey I could start a thread "Get Pickled" its a good concept and a great convo starter, imagine a bumper sticker "Get Pickled".... lol what have you started here

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to pickle myself in HIS GRACE and MERCY...

Being pickled means that your entire nature is changed...a pickle used to be a cucumber and in some sense it is still a cucumber that has been inundated with the nature of vinegar.

Galatians 3:27 uses the terminology of "pickled".

.. What he is stating is that God's GRACE covers it all... and that as believers we are not under CONDEMNATION...

I can agree with that...however I would also teach that if anyone is a genuine believer, they have been made into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) and "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9).

we are free to live without the fear of losing our salvation...

If you read 1 John 3:6 w/ 1 John 2:17, I believe that you will find that these verses teach that the truly born again cannot lose their salvation.

... I believe all sin is willful...

I disagree with that premise.

As far as a serious Christian goes... there is no such thing... but there are a great number of sour faced people who do nothing but condemn and judge others... calling themselves believers.

Isa 56:1, Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Jhn 7:24, Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Phl 1:9, And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You guys are EXHAUSTING.... I just woke up... not ready to deal with this.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And you wonder why I get the impression that you do not have a bad attitude toward morality and the moral.[/QUOTE]
@Grailhunter
At Graily... I lost my entire post trying to retrieve some of your comments... and I am NOT starting over... Why you would not choose to address me all in one post is beyond me... I don't have the patience to answer all your comments separately... as I can't remember all the things you have said... and it's impossible to retrieve everything.

The above is your quote to me... and I will say this back to you.... What you think of me does not in the least affect me. If you have honestly gleaned from my words that I am one who advocates and abuses GRACE... I am not able to help you with that.

I believe in allowing people the right to believe what they desire... and I will never understand why people enjoy ARGUING about doctrine.

I have chosen to believe that I am SAVED by HIS GRACE... and I have chosen to believe that HIS BLOOD has been shed for the sins of all man-kind. I have no desire to be looking at how OTHER CHRISTIANS live... but I do recognize the breed that are legalistic... and those are the ones I stay very far away from.

I have also chosen to believe that God has promised to finish within me what HE has begun... I believe it is the exact same for EVERY single believer in Christ.

As for your categories of Christians... I have already addressed lukewarm Christians... the rest are simply labels that you have contrived.

You are correct about the United Church of Canada... and I would never go there...I have already expressed this before. Any church that practices and condones the false marriage between those of the same sex is NOT a Church of God. But as for churches.... all these Word of Faith/Prosperity false teachers are no better with their messages... and that seems to be the NORM of Christianity in the western world.

I do not go to church... my city is small and there is not a place here that I would choose to attend.

My faith is simple... and MY GOD is ALL POWERFUL...

A relationship with CHRIST is NOT SOCIAL... it is INTIMATE and PROFOUND.

That is about all I can think of to say to you... as I said... I did have a longer post but I lost it when trying to retrieve one of your comments.

I am sorry that you are not able to understand who I really am... or HOW beautiful GRACE is... I suppose there are some who like their long lists of do's and don'ts... it seems to give them a sense of being in control.

I think we're done here... I have spent way too much time in one place... time to move on...

@Blood Bought 1953 ... Been a pleasure doing business with you and my FROGGY... but I am finished now.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
think we're done here... I have spent way too much time in one place... time to move on...

I know you are not always that comfortable sharing your feelings But I like it when you do, I think you post real good stuff, That was a nice confession of faith in God, sincere and genuine that's really needed sometimes!!! I understand you been done here lol don't no how Bb chugs along with so much energy....

Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

feel free to pop in anytime or ill see you in another thread, With the above in mind realize your actually really good at defending what you believe

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL @my froggy friend...

I still have a crush on you... and with those new shades... even more so.

When I am not "pickling" myself in His Grace... you can find me "swimming" in the River of Mercy.... that way I get a double dose of HIM.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I don't have the patience to answer all your comments separately... as I can't remember all the things you have said... and it's impossible to retrieve everything.

If you left-click and drag your mouse over a text, you will then be able to add that text to multi-quote; and you can do this multiple times.

.. but I do recognize the breed that are legalistic... and those are the ones I stay very far away from.

I hope for your sake that you are born again...

Because preaching the law has its purpose as a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ (Galatians 3:24, Romans 3:20, Psalms 19:7 (kjv)).

I do not go to church... my city is small and there is not a place here that I would choose to attend.

My faith is simple... and MY GOD is ALL POWERFUL...

A relationship with CHRIST is NOT SOCIAL... it is INTIMATE and PROFOUND.

I would encourage you that if you are not added to by those in the fellowship you might attend...that you might be able to add to them.

Heb 10:24, And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25, Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@justbyfaith Thank you for your instructions regarding how to transfer quotes.. as well as your exhortation to become part of a fellowship. I do not disagree with this... I simply will not compromise for the sake of GOING to church... therefore at this time.. I am not part of a fellowship.

As for your wonderings as to my spiritual condition and state of salvation... I find this to be a tell-tale sign of those I desire to keep very far away from. I am very well familiar with this brood of vipers and I have no desire to be in their presence. Bless you... and as I have stated... I am finished with this thread.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith Thank you for your instructions regarding how to transfer quotes.. as well as your exhortation to become part of a fellowship. I do not disagree with this... I simply will not compromise for the sake of GOING to church... therefore at this time.. I am not part of a fellowship.

As for your wonderings as to my spiritual condition and state of salvation... I find this to be a tell-tale sign of those I desire to keep very far away from. I am very well familiar with this brood of vipers and I have no desire to be in their presence. Bless you... and as I have stated... I am finished with this thread.
I definitely was not judging your salvation, milady...

You know better than I do whether or not you are born again of the Holy Spirit.

I am merely saying that, if you are not born again, you and God know whether you are; and also, you yourself may not know. You may think that His Spirit bears witness with your spirit that you are a child of God, and yet not be saved.

That is why I think you should not avoid those who preach the law as a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ. Because your eternity may depend on your heeding their voice.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I definitely was not judging your salvation, milady...

You know better than I do whether or not you are born again of the Holy Spirit.

I am merely saying that, if you are not born again, you and God know whether you are; and also, you yourself may not know. You may think that His Spirit bears witness with your spirit that you are a child of God, and yet not be saved.

That is why I think you should not avoid those who preach the law as a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ. Because your eternity may depend on your heeding their voice.
You are starting to grow on me... LOL... I sense a very sincere heart in your words... However... we do not see eye to eye on the matter of correction. I am sorry but I will continue to AVOID those who preach the law.... but I thank you for your GENUINE concern.

Reactions: justbyfaith

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ahhhh......how relaxing .....I have been rather quiet lately, enjoying my little “ breather”, thanks to the Superb Posts Of Addy......God Bless you, fine woman!
It’s simple—- some people “ get it” and most do not. RESTING in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing ( as you and His Life and myself Plus a few others do ) is the Key to everything in the Christian Walk..... All those “ Commandment Lovers” out there fail to recognize “ THIS” command, it seems.... this “ Rest” is not just a suggestion or a bit of good advice—- it is something that God has Ordered and it is revealed in the second and third Chapters Of Hebrews....
We are all too aware of the Punishments That Follow ignoring God’s Commands throughout the Bible and of course there is wisdom in that .If people refuse to Rest in the Gospel —- REST in the Finished Work Of The Cross—- there ARE repercussions that will follow—- and they are MOST SEVERE! If you do not REST in the Gospel ( which means that you ADD to it with NOTHING ) , God “ Flat -Out” warns us that we are living in Disobedience and UNBELIEF ! VERY serious Accusations....
All you Gospel PervertS out there That ADD to the Gospel Of Grace, preaching “ Don’t Do This and DoDo That”, and Repent of all of your sins before you die” , always harping about the supposed “Lack Of Obedience” From us “ Grace Plus Nothing” Believers.....you are either ignorant of , or choose to ignore , the Biggest ORDER of all.....and you pay for it every day of your Earthly Existence and you don’t even realize it . You could be damned for it, according to who you listen to....UNBELIEF is a Serious charge to be leveled against ANYONE......even the “ thickest skulls” here know that....
As Alluded to earlier , punishments for disobedience are usually obvious and made clear.....Often Times We fail to see the Blessings that come with Obedience.....Many Claim to “ Believe” the Gospel ( they know that it is something that must be done ) The PROOF of Believing is this: If you ain’t Resting , you ain’t Believing.They are one and the same.
The Rewards Of Resting in the Gospel—Resting in the Finished Work Of Jesus— are comparable to the experience of the Ancient Jews...You can live in the Land Of Blessings here on Earth ,with the peace and joy and answered prayers that accompany it in a “ Promised Land” , or you can live out a “ beggarly” Existence in a “ Wilderness” Of Fear, Lack Of Assurance ,Confusion and the lack Of Joy lived- out by the “ Disobedient and Unbelievers” who don't Rest in the Gospel , but insist on Adding to it.....the choice is yours. If you are not Resting, you are Working.....it’s a story as old as Cain and Abel...God Rejected Cain’s “Work” and He will Reject yours as well......Abel went with “ Nothing But The Blood” Of a Slain Innocent.You had better do the same.....God Bless....

Last edited:
Reactions: HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those “ Commandment Lovers” out there

Jesus said,

Jhn 14:15, If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And the Psalmist wrote,

Psa 119:165, Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

It should be clear that the law is written on the hearts and minds of those who are recipients of the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-10; Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14; Romans 5:5).

Also, we should take the following into consideration.

Jas 1:22, But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23, For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24, For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25, But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Jas 2:10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Jas 2:11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to say that my obedience does not come as the result of attempting to obtain the salvation that the Lord offers;

But rather it comes as the result of the salvation that the Lord has given to me.

I love Him because He first loved me (1 John 4:19);

And I obey His commandments because I love Him (John 14:15).

For me, I fell in love with the Lord when He revealed Himself to me as a God of love; and this occurred after I said to Him, "I don't know if You're even real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You are real that You will reveal Yourself to me."

God revealed Himself to me in that moment.

He came over my soul in what I would call waves of liquid love; He gave me an ecstatic joy and peace that I knew was pure and holy.

So, you see, I am in fact a recipient of grace;

Perhaps even more so than those people who believe that grace gives them the leeway to do "whatever they want to"....even when what they want to do is to indulge in the flesh.

Because if, in doing what they want to do, what they want to do is never again to indulge the flesh, then they would never again indulge the flesh.

And yet, I hear these people saying that they have "thoughts that would shame hell"...

Which is not the case for those who are born again.

For it is written that it is the wicked man who does not have God in all of his thoughts (Psalms 10:4 (kjv)).

Therefore, if you are born again, God is in all of your thoughts.

How then are you going to have "thoughts that would shame hell"?

I know that I do not have such thoughts since I became born again.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to say that my obedience does not come as the result of attempting to obtain the salvation that the Lord offers;

But rather it comes as the result of the salvation that the Lord has given to me.

I love Him because He first loved me (1 John 4:19);

And I obey His commandments because I love Him (John 14:15).

For me, I fell in love with the Lord when He revealed Himself to me as a God of love; and this occurred after I said to Him, "I don't know if You're even real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You are real that You will reveal Yourself to me."

God revealed Himself to me in that moment.

He came over my soul in what I would call waves of liquid love; He gave me an ecstatic joy and peace that I knew was pure and holy.

So, you see, I am in fact a recipient of grace;

Perhaps even more so than those people who believe that grace gives them the leeway to do "whatever they want to"....even when what they want to do is to indulge in the flesh.

Because if, in doing what they want to do, what they want to do is never again to indulge the flesh, then they would never again indulge the flesh.

And yet, I hear these people saying that they have "thoughts that would shame hell"...

Which is not the case for those who are born again.

For it is written that it is the wicked man who does not have God in all of his thoughts (Psalms 10:4 (kjv)).

Therefore, if you are born again, God is in all of your thoughts.

How then are you going to have "thoughts that would shame hell"?

I know that I do not have such thoughts since I became born again.

You’re just a regular Mr. Holy Spirit Jr. aren’t you ? Congrats!
You’re also Full Of .....Er...ah....Baloney!
How about loaning me some of God’s Grace that you have apparently “ outgrown”.....
The closer one gets to God , the farther away one sees himself.....I am “ close” to God- you ain’t.

Reactions: HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re just a regular Mr. Holy Spirit Jr. aren’t you ? Congrats!
You’re also Full Of .....Er...ah....Baloney!
How about loaning me some of God’s Grace that you have apparently “ outgrown”.....
The closer one gets to God , the farther away one sees himself.....I am “ close” to God- you ain’t.

No, you apparently think yourself to be close to God...so you are far away from Him according to your own statement.

I obey only the Two Commandments that Jesus left us with —— “Believe and Love”....Those two take care of everything else.

“Love God and live as you please....”..... you’ll never get it...

See Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14; Romans 5:5.

These passages teach us that the commandments of the Lord are the specifics of the love of God...

So then, if you "believe and love" you will be obedient to the all of the commandments in holy scripture (see also Matthew 5:17-20). I would especially emphasize in that list, Romans 13:8-10.