Two Wings Of An Eagle To Save Or Slay Us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
While involved in another study on the various prophetic times, years, days, months, etc., the following caught my attention. Here I wanted to concentrate on it and leave the times for another thread....

The dragon stands before the woman before the birth of the man child...but when the child is brought forth and is "caught up unto God, and to His throne," (which is a spiritual catching up), then she....

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.​

Notice that there she "fled" while it is also shown that "she might fly." :unsure:

12:13-14 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.​

Are these two separate events, two different times in the wilderness? Or is one about the woman/church/Israel being fed truth by the witnesses and the other about the same woman/church/Israel being fed/deceived by the dragon? Same place, same woman, same time but different teachers. Notice in [Rev.12:6-666] it is written..."they should feed her." Does that mean just the two witnesses or does "they" include the false witnesses?

We are children of light so the 1,260 days concern us. Satan, who is of the night, has prophesy given in months/lunar, such as the forty-two months.

So, where it is written..."And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness," we should question the times given and ask...which eagle, why does she fly, why is there a question of her flying (might fly), and why does it stipulate "two wings"?

Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto Myself. :wub:

Ezekiel 17:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar: (7) There was also another great eagle with great wings and many feathers: and, behold, this vine did bend her roots toward him, and shot forth her branches toward him, that he might water it by the furrows of her plantation.

Daniel 7:3-4 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.​

As in all things the fake imitates the Savior. :unsure: He works with great deception. There are two eagles...one True, one fake. The fake is the eagle that speaks for forty-two months and entices the woman to "fly away" on his capable wings. To fly away, be raptured, safely away from tribulation. The question is, will she listen to him or to truth? She "might fly," or she might not. Will she listen to those that want to "slay souls" with their lies as they tell her she'll fly away? It is our choice.

Ezekiel 13:19-20 And will ye pollute Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to My people that hear your lies? Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. :angry:

I wonder what the "two wings" of the deceitful eagle refers to? :ph34r:

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Hi Whirlwind,

Some cool thoughts here. I've been teaching my group for many years that the wings of rev 12:14 are the same or represented in rev 12:6. Are they the cherubim on the ark, I believe so. But back to Rev, the way you go about understanding this is by the structure. There is a principle in Revelation where you have seven pairs in the structure. If you use a companion bible you can see the larger breakdown at the beginning of Rev.. What you will have is seven pairs of "In Heaven and On Earth". The one explains the other, the Vision seen in Heaven is the key and the Vision seen on Earth is the door lock. If you insert the key into the lock you get a much clearer picture of what's being explained. Without this tool you are spinning your wheels. Also the central subject of the seven pairs is the fourth pair, starting with Rev. 12:1. Rev 12:1 is also where Rev becomes esoteric or a little more in depth.......fun stuff!

Irish

Reactions: jerryjohnson

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Hi Whirlwind,

Some cool thoughts here. I've been teaching my group for many years that the wings of rev 12:14 are the same or represented in rev 12:6. Are they the cherubim on the ark, I believe so. But back to Rev, the way you go about understanding this is by the structure. There is a principle in Revelation where you have seven pairs in the structure. If you use a companion bible you can see the larger breakdown at the beginning of Rev.. What you will have is seven pairs of "In Heaven and On Earth". The one explains the other, the Vision seen in Heaven is the key and the Vision seen on Earth is the door lock. If you insert the key into the lock you get a much clearer picture of what's being explained. Without this tool you are spinning your wheels. Also the central subject of the seven pairs is the fourth pair, starting with Rev. 12:1. Rev 12:1 is also where Rev becomes esoteric or a little more in depth.......fun stuff!

Irish

Hello Irish...welcome to the forum.

Please explain "seven pairs." I do have a Companion Bible.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Hi Whirlwind,

The seven pairs are on page 1883 (on the kregel edition anyway). It starts with:

A) Introduction
.....B ) The people on the Earth
.........C) (This begins the pairs).......D
.............................................................E

........................................................D
..............................................................E and so on.

A couple of good books to read on this is "How To Enjoy The Bible" and "Commentary on Revelation", both by Bullinger. Commentary will extend the structure further in a lot of cases.

Irish

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what you're going for here Whirl, but be careful on placing too much emphasis on the might part.

The same word is used in Revelation 4:7, Revelation 8:13, Revelation 14:16, and Revelation 19:17. In each case, it's used of an angel or the zoon. It would appear to denote the capacity or the action.

Remember that Revelation 12 spans the longest timeline of any single chapter passage of the Bible. Satan knew from the beginning about that child named Jesus. He's more familiar with Scripture than any of us here, you can bet on that. Revelation 12:5 gives us positive identification as to who the child is - and so that leaves us at the time of the Gentiles. Here God prepared her a place, long ago. Satan then is kicked out of heaven, and immediately comes for the woman. Notice that the woman is always protected from the flood of lies, and Satan eventually gives up to go after the remnant. I'm not quite so sure that the wings are given by Satan.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Be thankful for the wings of rev. 12:14 ! God has caused Israel at this point to be nourished as to the meaning of times, time and a half a time,....( or 3-1/2 years or 1260 days) There is much more to this than meets the eye. Remember when, concerning the parable of the sower Christ spoke in parables to the masses, and he said concerning them " it is given to you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them, it is not given" What the two wings teach the people of Israel is covered here. The 1260 is a much bigger subject than most people give it credit for. Anyway, back to the wings, notice in the "in heaven" portion of the structure, from rev 12:1 to rev. 12:12.......you have in verse 6, ....1260 days. Also in the "on Earth" part of the structure you have in verse 14 you have, time, times and a half. A careful study of this may open some doors.

Irish

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
I get what you're going for here Whirl, but be careful on placing too much emphasis on the might part.

Well....I might be putting too much emphasis on might but...I might not. :lol: (I couldn't resist that. :D ) Kidding aside, I could be but the use of the word just seems peculiar to me.

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.​

It was written before that she "fled" into the wilderness but there it is written...."might fly." Is that a reference to her choosing the rapture route? She is being fed by both sides while in the wilderness...one of them pretending to be of God.

Hosea 8:1 Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.​

The same word is used in Revelation 4:7, Revelation 8:13, Revelation 14:16, and Revelation 19:17. In each case, it's used of an angel or the zoon. It would appear to denote the capacity or the action.

Remember that Revelation 12 spans the longest timeline of any single chapter passage of the Bible. Satan knew from the beginning about that child named Jesus. He's more familiar with Scripture than any of us here, you can bet on that. Revelation 12:5 gives us positive identification as to who the child is - and so that leaves us at the time of the Gentiles. Here God prepared her a place, long ago. Satan then is kicked out of heaven, and immediately comes for the woman. Notice that the woman is always protected from the flood of lies, and Satan eventually gives up to go after the remnant. I'm not quite so sure that the wings are given by Satan.

Consider the "man child." We know that our Saviour is The Man Child but is that the man child written of in [12:5]? Mary gave birth to Christ but she fled into Egypt...not the wilderness. Here the "woman" is Israel, the church and she brings forth the man child (God's very elect)....

12:5-6 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to His throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.​

The man child is to rule with a rod of iron. Jesus tells us who that man child is for it is He speaking.....

2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

When the identity of the man child(ren) was shown to me :eek: I was so surpised but since that time....so much is being revealed. We are the man child, which is another name for the very elect, IF we overcome and keep His works.

The woman is protected from the lies IF she wears the gospel armour...not all do. The wilderness is where she is to be tested for that is the place He prepared for us. It will determine which group of virgins she joins...those going out to buy oil or those with oil when the bridgroom arrives. Remember, she is fed for 1,260 days AND forty-two months which to me means...both sides, dark and light, are feeding her.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Be thankful for the wings of rev. 12:14 ! God has caused Israel at this point to be nourished as to the meaning of times, time and a half a time,....( or 3-1/2 years or 1260 days) There is much more to this than meets the eye. Remember when, concerning the parable of the sower Christ spoke in parables to the masses, and he said concerning them " it is given to you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them, it is not given" What the two wings teach the people of Israel is covered here. The 1260 is a much bigger subject than most people give it credit for. Anyway, back to the wings, notice in the "in heaven" portion of the structure, from rev 12:1 to rev. 12:12.......you have in verse 6, ....1260 days. Also in the "on Earth" part of the structure you have in verse 14 you have, time, times and a half. A careful study of this may open some doors.

Irish

Hi Irish,

The two wings of that eagle are associated with.....

Revelation 12:13-15 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

12:16-17 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

The dragon and the serpent! It just came to me. :eek: THEY ARE THE TWO WINGS! The dragon and the serpent are the two wings of the great eagle. Both are given to the woman in the wilderness. Both send a flood. The earth swallows the flood of the dragon...but NOT the flood of the serpent.

I've had my head buried deep in study on the times, seasons, hours, days, etc. for the past few weeks. This thread is part of it.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
No sorry whirlwind,
That was not the point I was trying to make, the two wings teach the women the mystery of the 1260. It is to her advantage to learn this before the flood. If you look at the Ark of the covenant, what do you see on the cover of it? How many wings? The reason the Ark is mentioned as being seen in heaven at the 7th trump, is also to draw your eyes as to where it was at the 6th trump. The Ark was only ever a earthly representation of a heavenly reality. Back to the 1260, you will notice it is the last prophecy before the end.....

Irish