Type shoes with jeans

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dress shoes with blue jeans. I have noticed that blue jeans are worn more and more in church services these days. I like to go in shirt and tie… But will also wear blue jeans along with a nice light weight jacket. I have been trying to determine the best shoes to go with blue jeans and have noticed that no two shoes are alike with this type dress. Dress shoes with blue jeans… Any ideas? Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and ScottA

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dress shoes with blue jeans. I have noticed that blue jeans are worn more and more in church services these days. I like to go in shirt and tie… But will also wear blue jeans along with a nice light weight jacket. I have been trying to determine the best shoes to go with blue jeans and have noticed that no two shoes are alike with this type dress. Dress shoes with blue jeans… Any ideas? Thanks!
I would think any shoes that are comfortable would suffice...as long as they aren't totally falling apart. :)

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One right and one left...also good for dancing. ;)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think any shoes that are comfortable would suffice...as long as they aren't totally falling apart. :)
Like these?
alden-full-strap-loafers-467x700.jpg

Reactions: marks

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have flat feet so I wear black FitVille sneakers when I wear jeans to church. Black works with any color clothing. And these shoes don't really look like sneakers so it's a good look.

Reactions: Debp and rockytopva

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Face it, any shoes work with blue jeans. I have many pairs of jeans, from light blue to black. All shoes work. Cowboy boots and sneakers.

Reactions: Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My work requires steel toes and sometimes I go in with shirt and tie after a church service. So I went with these. Not quite the pink slipper clogs with polka dot purple socks. Still, though, I will wear these with a, "you should have went with the dress pants" in the back of my mind.

61vi8Nr8cNL._AC_SX625_.jpg

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I’m a fashionista, but I do live in California, and I do have 3 trendy sons who keep me in the know….

“Dress sneakers” are the way to go.

1703096754169.jpeg

Attachments

• 1703096667850.jpeg
    1703096667850.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it was Saint Jerome who said, "When in Rome do as the Romans." I have always remembered that when visiting other churches. And, on topic with this thread, "When in Rome dress as the Romans." But... There are limits on sloppiness. I have visited churches where it looks like they came in their bedroom clothes. Now... I am not going to say anything to them, but inside I will be thinking, "My gosh! What sloppy dress!"

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Any type of footwear goes with jeans which were originally work wear. So you can wear boots, or trainers or sandals or a dressier shoe or even wellingtons. Or high heels or strappy sandals or ballet flats . . . any type of footwear depending on the occasion.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up to get dressed up for church - coat or sports jacket and tie, dress shoes - no jeans.

As an adult, I learned it can be very hot in the choir loft if you wear a tie and don't wear cotton clothes.

I have evolved to the point where I don't wear a tie to church. I wear a cotton polo shirt with khaki pants. In the summer I wear khaki shorts. I never wear denim. I wear dress shoes with long pants and white tennis shoes with my khaki shorts.

Reactions: rockytopva