Types of Christians….what type are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh! You so funny! Don't take a long trip you will fall off the edge of the flat earth!

Yeshua knew what He was talking about....He could have opened up a Quantum science class during His ministry...Who would have understood it?

Yeshua knew what He was talking about....Odds are good, you do not....at the most basic level. Not your fault really, except you have not taken the initiative to seek the Truth. Basic level understanding buried under a ton of false beliefs. Case in point!

Beliefs, Truths, Facts. Looking at the thousands of Protestant denominations....Beliefs can vary widely. AHHH! LOL! That is why you should seek Truth.

For instance and In your case....you think...along with a lot people....that Christ's name is Jesus. That is impossible! And that is a Fact! But boy you are going to cling to it. Odds are you do not know the names of God the Father or God the Son. For the educated, this is common knowledge.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts

I would not want to startle you with Facts so lets start with Truths

1. In the scriptures the Apostles...the Bible.... calls Christ Iēsoûs....LOL it is not a name, it is a Greek word and it mean more or less honorable man. When St. Jerome translated the Bible into the Latin, he translated this word to Iesus ....a little different. The early translators were not well versed with Greek so most of their sources were from the Latin Vulgate translation or from other Latin sources. So the Geneva Bible and then the early prints of the King James Version used the Latin word for Christ's name.... Iesus.. It was not until 1638 that they started to use the name Jesus. But no one can truthfully tell you where that name came from, it has no history before that time, no one in history named Jesus before this time. It was around the time of the great "J" slam were they removed the "Y's" in the Bible and replaced them with "J's" You can verify most of these words in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. Like Yob and Yoshua was changed to Job and Joshua....any person, place, or thing that started with a "Y" was changed to "J" If you ever make it to Jerusalem, ask someone there to pronounce the name of their city. LOL

2. God the Father's name is Yahweh and God the Son's name is Yeshua. But still most modern Bibles does not contain either one. As it is their names are not in the Bible...Yeshua was never written in the New Testament, because they used a Greek word, not a name. And God the Father's name was removed and replaced with the tetragrammaton YHWH, sometime during the conversion of Paleo- Hebrew....But then it was removed also and that was some effort....They removed YHWH nearly 6000, times and replaced it reconfiguring the verses and writing in the words God or Lord or both. Because of this and several factors if you want to get it straight, you are going to have to learn some biblical languages and go back to the scriptures....because the Bible you have in your hand has been messed with ten ways to Sunday....That is besides the false theological propaganda people have been feed for centuries.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts
Be good and do good!
Good luck
Why not just come out and say what’s really on your mind?

Most of the current belief systems are founded in bad, not current information.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can the names of God the Father and God the Son not be important?
Much less a smoke screen.

Not sure what scripture you are referencing but I get the gest of it.

I do not believe in a flat earth.....and what God created occurred like 5 billion years ago.....Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.....truth? Well maybe, but there always seems to be a issue with time sequences.....
It’s a wheel within a wheel!
Every system in the current creation follows the same order
Birth
Growth/information
Entropy/ begins to become unstable
Death
Everything down to even what’s on a quantum level is inslaved to this order. I believe our universe is now in a state of entropy.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 4:26-29 KJV
[26] And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; [27] And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. [28] For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. [29] But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

a wheel within a wheel.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can the names of God the Father and God the Son not be important?
Much less a smoke screen.

All that you posted about the name of Jesus is a smokescreen.
It is not new, it is not important whether we use Jesus or yeshua or what else you want to use.
The important thing is that we arebeing obedient to him and to his commands.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that you posted about the name of Jesus is a smokescreen.

You have this written like I said something about a smokescreen, I did not....deception?

It is not new, it is not important whether we use Jesus or yeshua or what else you want to use.

You are not the first Christian I have ran into that did not believes that the names of the Father and Son are not important. Of course I disagree. Besides due respect you have this....“And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12

They are not card board cutout that you have the authority to name as you wish.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12

And does not God know what we mean when we call on him with our anglised versions of his name.

Are all those who for what ever reason got the name wrong lost?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And does not God know what we mean when we call on him with our anglised versions of his name.

Are all those who for what ever reason got the name wrong lost?

So when your son calls you George and your daughter calls you Bill and your wife calls you Manfred, and you ask them why? And they say it just does not matter what we call you....you know what we mean....its just not that important. So how would that make you feel? And you are not a god. Each language of the world should go back to the source and pronounce it from there. As they say, Yeshua was a common name.....In the Old Testament it was Yeshua....when the "J" slam hit it was changed to Joshua.

There is one name to be called on for salvation....that is what the Bible says....the names of God the Father and God the Son are important, the Bible and history indicate that, men removed their names....Odds are good that the Bible you have do not have Their names in it. Is that a bad thing? Seek and you will find. If your soul is important to you....if your relationship with Christ is important to you.....He will know because you will be a seeker of truth....not just one that is going along for the ride.

Now if you address Yeshua as Jesus on Judgment Day? That is all up to Him to decide what to do with it....not me....not my paygrade to judge what you call Him....just care enough to tell you the truth.....Johnny Appleseed of truth....be my Ministry.

So now you know the truth. To pronounce Christ name correctly....the Hebrew "Y" has a e-tang to it....so e-Yeshua. You can look this up on the web and hear it.....I had two professors tell me that God the Father's name almost sounded like an American Indian word and it is pronounced with distinctive exhale. eYaHweH. The e being minimal and the H's being a heavy breath. It was their opinion and they admitted it because anyone that heard His name are dead. And those that followed removed His name from the scriptures because they thought only the priests should say His name in holy reverence....And the Jews have no idea.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are saying is that every ' Christian ' who does not know Hebrew is not actually a Christian.

What do people know when they call the Son of God, Jesus? Jesus was not an English word before the 17th century. No one in the Bible was called Jesus....the letter J was introduced to the English language in the 15th century. So no J's in the Bible for any person, place, or thing.

You do not have to know the Hebrew language to know the names Yeshua and Yahweh. Are their names important? They are to me. Can you call them anything you want? Is it an indication of how important they are to you if you do not know their names? It does not take but a little study to know their names. What does the Bible say? Does it say that you can call the Son of God by any name? Or does it say that only one name can be called upon for salvation. Is salvation important to you?

It maybe just a joke! A joke that Satan played on Christianity. If you know the history of the scriptures, you know that God the Father's name was completely removed from the Old and New Testaments for various reasons. Yeshua's name was never in the New Testament, the Apostles used a Greek word that more or less meant "honorable man" to name Christ...Ἰησοῦς -- Iesous. The Geneva Bible and the first prints of the King James used that word, then later started to use the word Jesus.

Not even professors agree on how or why all that occurred. Linguists blame the Great Consonant Shift....I call it the J slam in regard to the scriptures. Because of it, there are a lot of names in the Bible that people do not know. Job, James, John, Joseph, Jacob, Joshua, Jonathan, etc are all names that actually start with a Y. You can confirm the pronunciation of their names in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

But back to your question...are you a Christian if you do not know the name of our Savior? Will salvation be denied because people did not call upon the correct name? So many false beliefs and misunderstandings have been introduced into Christianity from so many sources. That is why I take my ministry so seriously. I consider myself as the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. Is truth important in a religion? It is to me. False beliefs can actually cause sin. So I do my part to correct those false beliefs. Is there going to be quiz on Judgment Day? I don't think so. Will it matter to Yeshua that some people took the time and effort to know the truth about Christianity? We will see. After all this time depending on what country your in or what language you speak....they call Him by different names....so I do not think that it affects salvation. Just good to know the truth.

Jesus Christ....just so you know, Christ is not Yeshua's last name either. Christ means anointed one....so for grammar, it would be Yeshua the Christ....chrīstós....χριστός....in Greek.

Be good and do good.