Types of Christians….what type are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then again on the deep ramifications of the Opening Post.....

I have said several times on the forum that the Protestant reform was a good thing. Because it allowed for a branch of Christianity that placed salvation between God and men and women. Got rid of some of false doctrines and intrigue and corruption....

And some may have noticed that I have poked fun at the 30,000 Protestants denominations....

And some may notice I have a couple slogans of my own....Beliefs, Truths, Facts ..... Be good and do good.

As noted by several on this forum, you either cannot read or you intentionally twist what others say.
Never said I that don't see a problem with Catholic and Orthodox beliefs.....but I love them and I love the Mormons.
And I love the Protestants.....and they have more false beliefs than the Catholics....but are better at keeping corruption out of their leadership....better not perfect...nothing is perfect.

Well, you did not clarify that you now condemn the Catholic, Orthodox churches, etcetera. So you don’t still plan on attending Catholic Churches or Orthodox churches or Mormon churches (or have fellowship with a small group of them) in the future?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have said several times on the forum that the Protestant Reform was a good thing. Because it allowed for a branch of Christianity that placed salvation between God and men and women. Got rid of some of false doctrines and intrigue and corruption....

And the Protestant Reform actually made the Catholics look at themselves and caused a couple Catholic Reforms.

And some may have noticed that I have poked fun at the 30,000 Protestants denominations....

And some may notice I have a couple slogans of my own....Beliefs, Truths, Facts ..... Be good and do good.

And some may have noticed that I say I am multi-denominational. I love the Catholics, and the Protestants, and the Mormons and I have always had Jewish friends and I have stood between Israel and their enemies several times....for a few years I sat in a large chair about three feet from the trigger that could wipe all the Muslim countries out in about 30 minutes.
Well, you did not clarify that you now condemn the Catholic,

I don't expect you to read my posts so I cannot expect you to know what I believe.

I do not condemn the Catholic Church, but as I have made clear that the history of Catholic Church is full of evil and atrocities and corruption. The modern Catholic Church is better than it ever has been.....And as I have said all along, I would not give you 2 cents for the Pope or the Vatican. But the Catholic Church has made official apologies so since I am a Christian I forgive. And if you are looking for a perfect church or denomination.....I want you to hold your breath until your find one.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh…okay. Thanks! I always took that to be meaning the ends of the four directions, N,S,W,E…but I can see how someone would see it as a flat and square earth.

It sort of reminds me of a conversation I had with a simple and childlike man once, where he said something about the verse that talks about earthquakes and tsunamis in the ocean. I was so positive there was no such verse that I asked him where it was, but he didn’t know but was positive it was in the Bible. It took a concordance and no small amount of time, but when I read one of the verses I’d looked up in the concordance, he said, that’s it! Except my translation is different than what you just read. (I had NLT and he’d always read KJV). So I told him to look it up in his Bible. He read to me there would be earthquakes in divers places, then said, see! Divers dive in the ocean! So there will be earthquakes in the ocean, which makes tsunamis!
I began to try to explain to him that it was an old way of spelling diverse, but he was so convinced that I thought, well, earthquakes do sometimes happen in the ocean, creating tsunamis, so….there’s really no harm in him thinking it’s saying something different since a large percentage of earthquakes DO happen in the ocean and create tsunamis. I really miss that old guy…
I've had folks tell me that Paul's quote of the gospel being preached to every creature included bugs and worms.
The principle applies that if we miss the writers intent, if we insist on our angle contrary to wisdom, we are in grave danger of qualifying ourselves as fools.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Non-denominational Christian who believes that “the Bible + The Anointing to Understand It” is our sole guide for all matters of faith and in living out that faith (i.e. works of faith in living a holy life). Man made traditions come from popular church organizations. Most today do not even know that there are two aspects of salvation (in regards to attaining eternal life) when the Bible does in fact teach this (Note: The 1st aspect of salvation is being saved by God’s grace through faith without works - Ephesians 2:8-9, and the 2nd aspect of salvation is the Sanctification of the Spirit to live a holy life - 2 Thessalonians 2:13, Romans 8:13, Hebrews 12:14). Other Christians don’t know that Paul condemned the full obedience to all of the Mosaic Law (613) (Romans 6:14), and instead, we are under the Law(s) of Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life and be there that find it (Matthew 7:14). So it’s neither all grace and a belief in the Savior alone, and neither is it all about doing good works alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bob Estey

If God didn't speak the Mosaic Law, who did?

I thinking most here are going to agree that Yahweh spoke the Mosaic Law.....
But most of us here are Christians and do not follow Judaism.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then we get into another point in
I am a Christian who believes God spoke the Mosaic Law.

I think most Christians believe that Yahweh spoke the Mosaic Law.
That is not the point. We are not Jews.
And if you are going to get silly please do not take up my time.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have said several times on the forum that the Protestant Reform was a good thing. Because it allowed for a branch of Christianity that placed salvation between God and men and women. Got rid of some of false doctrines and intrigue and corruption....

And the Protestant Reform actually made the Catholics look at themselves and caused a couple Catholic Reforms.

And some may have noticed that I say I am multi-denominational. I love the Catholics, and the Protestants, and the Mormons and I have always had Jewish friends and I have stood between Israel and their enemies several times....for a few years I sat in a large chair about three feet from the trigger that could wipe all the Muslim countries out in about 30 minutes.

I don't expect you to read my posts so I cannot expect you to know what I believe.

I do not condemn the Catholic Church, but as I have made clear that the history of Catholic Church is full of evil and atrocities and corruption. The modern Catholic Church is better than it ever has been.....And as I have said all along, I would not give you 2 cents for the Pope or the Vatican. But the Catholic Church has made official apologies so since I am a Christian I forgive. And if you are looking for a perfect church or denomination.....I want you to hold your breath until your find one.

If you don't condemn the Catholic church, then do you still fellowship with them or do you not see a problem in fellowshiping with them? Do you plan to fellowship with Catholic, Orthodox, or Mormon churches in the future or would not have a problem in doing so today? I say this because you gave the impression that you don't have a problem in doing so. If this is not the case, then you need to clarify what you said.

The Catholic, Orthodox, and Mormon churches believe in excessively wrong and sinful things that is clearly obvious to even a novice or new believer in Christ Jesus.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then we get into another point in

I think most Christians believe that Yahweh spoke the Mosaic Law.
That is not the point. We are not Jews.
And if you are going to get silly please do not take up my time.
God spoke in the Old Testament. Do you ignore what he said in the Old Testament?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good.

Great advice for a rewarding life....being “ Moral” beats the daylights out of being “ Immoral”.....Unfortunately , Being “ Good Neighbor Sam” Saves Nobody.....

Please elaborate on your “ Be Good Gospel”..... If you are saying that “ being good” is God's Recipe for the Forgiveness Of Sins and Eternal Life, you Message is straight from Hell....The Old Hymn That millions of so- called “Christians” will sing mindlessly tomorrow in their Religious Social Clubs actually has it right—— Do You?.......When it comes to Salvation, it REALLY IS , * Nothing But The Blood”....

A note for the “ churches” that sing that song and would have a heart-attack if they actually paid attention to the words contained within—- God will be pleased if you rip the Hymn from your Song Book....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke in the Old Testament. Do you ignore what he said in the Old Testament?

Of course I do not ignore what God said in the Old Testament. Silliness! The Old Testament is the Old Covenant, I am a Christian and I have a New Covenant with God.....did you not get the memo?

When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. Hebrews 8:13

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good.

Great advice for a rewarding life....being “ Moral” beats the daylights out of being “ Immoral”.....Unfortunately , Being “ Good Neighbor Sam” Saves Nobody.....

Please elaborate on your “ Be Good Gospel”..... If you are saying that “ being good” is God's Recipe for the Forgiveness Of Sins and Eternal Life, you Message is straight from Hell....The Old Hymn That millions of so- called “Christians” will sing mindlessly tomorrow in their Religious Social Clubs actually has it right—— Do You?.......When it comes to Salvation, it REALLY IS , * Nothing But The Blood”....

A note for the “ churches” that sing that song and would have a heart-attack if they actually paid attention to the words contained within—- God will be pleased if you rip the Hymn from your Song Book....

Btw.....there is only ONE “ type” of Christian.....a Christian Is that man or woman that has Christ * IN * Him....Anybody that lacks that essential qualification is “NONE of His”......agreed?

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw.....there is only ONE “ type” of Christian.....a Christian Is that man or woman that has Christ * IN * Him....Anybody that lacks that essential qualification is “NONE of His”......agreed?
Correct

Romans 8:9 NLT
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. NASB

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
The fact that you don’t see a problem with beliefs in Catholic and Orthodox churches and that you attend them and Protestant churches shows you are liberal in your approach to God’s Word.
As noted by several on this forum, you either cannot read or you intentionally twist what others say.
Never said I that don't see a problem with Catholic and Orthodox beliefs.....but I love them and I love the Mormons.
And I love the Protestants.....and they have more false beliefs than the Catholics....but are better at keeping corruption out of their leadership....better not perfect...nothing is perfect.

I don't believe I am twisting your words.

You said in another thread, I quote:

“I fellowship and worship with the Catholics in the pews....and worship Mary? Yes I say my Hail Mary's. I do not have a lot of use for the Catholic Church administration above the local priest.” ~ Grailhunter.​

Post Source.

In other words, I was correct for saying that you don't see a problem with Catholic beliefs like your worship of Mary by saying your Hail Mary's. That's Necromancy or contacting the dead (Which is condemned in the Bible). Do you also not see a problem in bowing down to statues or kissing them? Is that not what we see others do in the Bible in regards to idolatry?

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good.

While the venue for being saved is nothing short of faith in the blood of Jesus Christ, it is also true that if someone is genuinely born again of the Holy Spirit, they "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9).

I believe that John is using hyperbole here...exaggeration to make a point.

What point?

That if anyone has been genuinely born again of the Holy Spirit, it is because they have made a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

As it is written,

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

So, being saved will result in a person "being and doing good" without fail.

It is not the means; for the means is the blood of Jesus; which does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9) but it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

"Being and doing good" is therefore the characteristic of all those who are genuinely born again of the Holy Spirit;

And therefore, if you are "being and doing evil" it is a sign to everyone that you have not been saved.

3Jo 1:11, Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the venue for being saved is nothing short of faith in the blood of Jesus Christ, it is also true that if someone is genuinely born again of the Holy Spirit, they "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9).

I believe that John is using hyperbole here...exaggeration to make a point.

What point?

That if anyone has been genuinely born again of the Holy Spirit, it is because they have made a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

So, being saved will result in a person "being and doing good" without fail.

It is not the means; for the means is the blood of Jesus; which does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9) but it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

"Being and doing good" is therefore the characteristic of all those who are genuinely born again of the Holy Spirit;

And therefore, if you are "being and doing evil" it is a sign to everyone that you have not been saved.

3Jo 1:11, Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Explaining 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 3:9:

Modern Translations will say practice sin or continue in sin in 1 John 3:9 (as if to say it is talking exclusively of practicing sin), but this is not the case in the trusted KJV (that existed hundreds of years long before the Modern Translations showed up). (Note: I am not denying that it can be in reference to habitual sin, but it is not exclusively referring to habitual sin but also singular or temporary sin, too.).

The key to understanding 1 John 3:9 is realizing that this "does not commit sin" is in context to the gnostic belief who think sin does not exist or that sin is an illusion in some way (See 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 2:26). Christian Scientists today think sin is an illusion. OSAS proponents think future sin is forgiven them. So while they believe sin may exist on a physical level, they do not think sin exists for them on a spiritual level because they believe Jesus paid for their future sins (When the Bible never says future sin is forgiven us). In other words, it is those who justify sin in some way who have not been born again spiritually and who have never seen or known Christ and He (the seed) does not abide in them. 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 3:9 is talking about "willful sin" in Hebrews 10:26 in view or light of 1 John 1:8.

In other words, 1 John 3:6, and 1 John 3:9 is in view of "willful sin" or "justifying sin" in some way.

1 John 3:9 should read like this:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin [willfully, as if to justify it]; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin [willfully], because he is born of God."​

1 John 3:6 should read like this:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not [willfully, seeking to justify their sin]: whosoever sinneth [as if to justify their sin] hath not seen him, neither known him."​

This would be in view or light of applying the context of the false gnostic belief that John warned the brethren about in 1 John 1:8.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Types of Christianity
So lets discuss the ramifications of all this and how we got here.

More or less Martin Luther started the Protestant Reform when he nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the church called Castle in Wittenberg, Germany on October 31, 1517. But to understand his intent you need to read his 95 Theses.

https://www.luther.de/en/95thesen.html

Now when you read through this you will find that most of his objections were the corruptions in the Church, the opulent lifestyles at the cost of the believers and its assertion that it had authority and control over salvation. Why is this? Because Martin did not intend to start and new church or denomination. He intended to reform the Catholic Church. But his efforts took on a life of its own with the Protest churches and the Protestant Reform was on!

Now eventually the Catholic Church would go through its own sequences of reforms, but by that time the protest churches began to show up. A few at first but over the next 500 years they numbered in the thousands worldwide. Why so many? Well like I have said if the Bible was a driver’s manual, it would not be safe to drive on the roads because there would be so many interpretations of it. Not entirely their fault.

At the time of the Protestant reforms documented history was a little thin and even Christian history due to the inaccurate Bibles that were in print for most of the reform. But as I have said God teaches us what He wants us to know, when He wants us to know it. And this is a perfect example of this.

The Protestants looked at their Bibles and they embraced slavery and the 2nd rate status of women. At “the time” in the 1500's, in that culture this was common and commonly accepted and if the Protestants had not embraced this, there would not have been a lot of people interested in their beliefs.

On the other hand, as I have explained there was never a biblical moratorium on polygamy or concubinage or a father selling his daughter into sexual slavery or arranged marriages or the custom of a father collecting a bride price. But the Protestants did not believe this and taught that someway or somehow it all stopped. At “this time” this is what God wanted them to believe, because it was the right thing to do. And if they had not, very few would have been interested in their beliefs. The Catholics at the time did not have a requirement for a wedding ceremony to form a marriage. The Protestants did the right thing and were the first to require a wedding ceremony to form a marriage. The Catholics followed suit and required a wedding ceremony but only recognized Catholic weddings as valid marriages. Again this is what God wanted. But as time goes on most Protestants think that this came from the Bible. Why? Not much for history I guess, not even their own history. LOL

So Christianity goes on….there is the Renaissance Period and a country is formed that is dedicated to God and insists on freedom of religion. {One interesting side note: Christianity was nearly worldwide by the time of the American Revolutionary War....for 1700 years Christianity had existed under several types of rule, but it was America that set them free.}

The birth of technology; Then Ben Franklin starts his experiments with electricity in Philadelphia in 1752. In the 1800’s the world lighted their homes with candles and lamps….the light bulb was invented around 1880 and electrical grids installed shortly after that. On July 20, 1969 we landed on the moon. In less than 100 years we went from candles to landing on the moon and all the science and technology that went with it sprang forward. Modern medicine made great strides during this period. God teaches us what He wants us to know, when He wants us to know it….this was a crash course.

The women’s suffrage movement was in progress through this period. They won the right to vote…then it continues on for equality in the work place. This is something else that the Holy Spirit is teaching us but He is dragging a lot of the Christians kicking and screaming. It takes time. How long did it take for Christians to learn that slavery was wrong? That ladies should have the right to pick their own husbands? That polygamy and concubinage was wrong? And that selling your daughters as a sex slave is wrong! Oh my gosh! Most of that is incomprehensible to Christians today….So why is it that men find it so hard to understand that lord and mastering over their wives is somewhere between wrong and a fetish?

So then we get into the types of Christians….

How many Christians are True Bible Only’s? Very very few. The term itself is a cliché, a soap box proclamation to boast in front of Christians. What Christian is going to openly admit to believing in slavery, or practicing polygamy or concubinage or selling their daughters into sexual slavery? In most free countries even if they tried any of this they would find themselves in prison. Would Bible Only's not require a wedding ceremony to be married. Not that these beliefs do not exist, not that they are not practiced, but mostly with cults or the occult.

And this group, to be Bible only must hold to the biblical beliefs that the world is flat, fixed on a foundation of pillars and the sun and moon revolve around the earth. And then of course demons are the cause of diseases….believing that science is all bunk. So how many people are going to live without electricity and automobiles, medical care, and the rest of technology….So not so many people fall into this category.

Then you have the Partially Bible Only’s…this makes up a large group and its parameters are pretty wide. They do not believe in Polygamy or concubines. They are going to believe in weddings and they are going to pick and choose what part of science they like….and some are still holding on to the lord and mastering of their women. Whatever floats their boat. And today women are not captive…most…so all they need to know is that there are Christian men out there that know how to treat a lady. Some in this group will try to mix Judaism and Christianity and some have a very negative view toward sex and romance.

This group has various beliefs regarding the Holy Spirit.... Cessationists in this group believe the Holy Spirit is dormant, but at the other end the Holy Ghost churches live the reality of a very active Holy Spirit with messages through tongues and miracles happening all the time.

Then you have what I am calling Dynamic Christians. Dynamic Christians do not see Christianity as a static religion. They believe that the Bible is the theological foundation for Christianity as a religion, but not as a culture. Culture, as in the whole slavery and polygamy concubine thing. They believe the Holy Spirit does as Christ said, the Holy Spirit would come after Him and would teach us and guide us. They believe that Christianity continued on with a very active God after the close of the Bible The Holy Spirit continuing on with modern miracles….revelation…. ministering to individuals in a big way. And all this means that there are additions and corrections to the Bible, not much in the way of theology but for things that could not be addressed in the biblical era and the time period. Corrections to the Bible like the belief that the earth is flat, that slavery and that the 2nd rate status of women in society and the church as well as polygamy and concubinage should no longer be tolerated. And the addition to the Bible that wedding ceremonies were right and very good lesson from the Holy Spirit.

They have a more positive view toward sex in romantic relationships but are going to say they believe you should be married before making love…but who knows how often that happen….most brides want to wear white. LOL

Of course the Dynamic Christians embrace science and do not give any apologies. They do not feel that science and technology threatens the integrity of the Bible because as an ancient text it is not expected to reflect knowledge of the medical sciences nor have knowledge of Quantum science, Cosmology, or Evolution. They can separate the theology from the beliefs of that ancient period.

But of course there are still going to be animosities between the Protestants and the Catholics. And one of the big ones is the belief that Miriam is very active with visitations and messages and miracles. No one is perfect LOL.

And there is a downside to any type of Christianity; the Dynamic Christians have to be careful about some of the modern ideas. What has God taught and what has Satan taught….it can be confusing to some people. The general rule for Dynamic Christians would be if the “left” likes it, it is satanic. LOL It is funny how left became connected to Satan…there was a time when people did not like left handed people.

Be good and do good.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I fellowship and worship with the Catholics in the pews....and worship Mary? Yes I say my Hail Mary's. I do not have a lot of use for the Catholic Church administration above the local priest.” ~ Grailhunter.

Again and I have said this several times.
I do not condemn the modern Catholic Church and what you quoted is exactly what I said and I meant it.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explaining 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 3:9:

Modern Translations will say practice sin or continue in sin in 1 John 3:9 (as if to say it is talking exclusively of practicing sin), but this is not the case in the trusted KJV (that existed hundreds of years long before the Modern Translations showed up). (Note: I am not denying that it can be in reference to habitual sin, but it is not exclusively referring to habitual sin but also singular or temporary sin, too.).

The key to understanding 1 John 3:9 is realizing that this "does not commit sin" is in context to the gnostic belief who think sin does not exist or that sin is an illusion in some way (See 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 2:26). Christian Scientists today think sin is an illusion. OSAS proponents think future sin is forgiven them. So while they believe sin may exist on a physical level, they do not think sin exists for them on a spiritual level because they believe Jesus paid for their future sins (When the Bible never says future sin is forgiven us). In other words, it is those who justify sin in some way who have not been born again spiritually and who have never seen or known Christ and He (the seed) does not abide in them. 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 3:9 is talking about "willful sin" in Hebrews 10:26 in view or light of 1 John 1:8.

In other words, 1 John 3:6, and 1 John 3:9 is in view of "willful sin" or "justifying sin" in some way.

1 John 3:9 should read like this:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin [willfully, as if to justify it]; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin [willfully], because he is born of God."​

1 John 3:6 should read like this:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not [willfully, seeking to justify their sin]: whosoever sinneth [as if to justify their sin] hath not seen him, neither known him."​

This would be in view or light of applying the context of the false gnostic belief that John warned the brethren about in 1 John 1:8.

I would contend that for the one who desires to be obedient to the Lord, future sins are forgiven;

For as concerning condemnation, we are not under the law, are dead to the law, and are delivered from the law (Romans 6:14; Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19; Romans 7:6).

Last edited: