Types of Christians….what type are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, I was correct for saying that you don't see a problem with Catholic beliefs like your worship of Mary by saying your Hail Mary's. That's Necromancy or contacting the dead (Which is condemned in the Bible). Do you also not see a problem in bowing down to statues or kissing them? Is that not what we see others do in the Bible in regards to idolatry?

LOL What it is, is not a Protestant belief...and I have already said I am multi-denominational. I will give no apologies for that. I can pick apart the Protestant beliefs too.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL What it is, is not a Protestant belief...and I have already said I am multi-denominational. I will give no apologies for that. I can pick apart the Protestant beliefs too.
Then you are not a doer of the law but a judge (James 4:11-12).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In picking apart doctrines you are not allowing them to enter into your heart and save you the way that they might if you did not pick them apart.

There are a lot of doctrines out there....I am not real wishy washy.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of doctrines out there....I am not real wishy washy.

I am talking about doctrines that can be specifically substantiated by the Bible

(nothing in the Bible contradicts the doctrine and there are verses that substantiate it).

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What doctrines are you talking about?

Doctrines such as the Deity of Christ, eternal torments, and justification by faith...

Things that I consider to be essential to the faith of Christianity and that if you don't believe them you are not a born again Christian.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrines such as the Deity of Christ, eternal torments, and justification by faith...

Things that I consider to be essential to the faith of Christianity and that if you don't believe them you are not a born again Christian.

That is what I call the church of one's. A personal denomination. And I believe in freedom of religion.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what I call the church of one's. A personal denomination. And I believe in freedom of religion.
You are certainly free to believe in what you want in this country...

However, what you believe in will not get you into heaven unless it is salvational doctrine.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again and I have said this several times.
I do not condemn the modern Catholic Church and what you quoted is exactly what I said and I meant it.

Yes, I was not saying you condemn the Catholic Church. My problem is that you have fellowship with them and then you appeared to take issue with me saying that. They justify many sins like Necromancy, and idolatry. You justify sin in the fact that fornication (sex before marriage) does not exist. You see the first act of sex as marriage (Which is simply silly). Solomon had many wives and concubines. A concubine is a sex partner without being married to them. You fail to understand these basic Bible truths. So it’s no surprise you cannot discern the spiritual problems in most churches you attend.

You also hold to Evolution. According to educational sources, that makes you a liberal. You also appear to say that having reverence for God’s Word is idolatry (Which is rich seeing you fellowship with Catholics who actually are practicing idolatry).

Psalms 119:140
“Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.”

Reactions: heartwashed

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I was not saying you condemn the Catholic Church. My problem is that you have fellowship with them and then you appeared to take issue with me saying that. They justify many sins like Necromancy, and idolatry.

Are you thinking I do not know that Protestants have issues with the Catholic Church? Do you know how long that has been going on?

You justify sin in the fact that fornication (sex before marriage) does not exist. You see the first act of sex as marriage (Which is simply silly).

I do not justify anything. You have a lot of false beliefs swimming between your ears and that is not my fault. You could try to prove me wrong....but ya can't. So stop whining.

Solomon had many wives and concubines. A concubine is a sex partner without being married to them.

The concubines did not have a choice in who bought them....do you know what bought them means....slave...sex slave....no choice if they wanted to have sex or not! You preach ignorance. Take a look at the Bible every once in a while. This is all there....it is not only the Bible that proves what I say is true....it is also history....for those that live in reality.
You also hold to Evolution. According to educational sources, that makes you a liberal.

Now you and I have went over all this before and I have no desire for you to trash this thread with ignorance...back on ignore.
Your label of liberal....not mine

You also appear to say that having reverence for God’s Word is idolatry

Worshipping a corrupted Bible is wrong....you demonstrate your worship of it all the time as noted by other people on the forum. The KJV is the most error ridden Bible in print...so much so...that it defines its own religion...separate from Christianity.

Which is rich seeing you fellowship with Catholics who actually are practicing idolatry

I am not going to beat around the bush, the Catholics and I love and worship Miriam and it is a form of worship, but not as a God.
The Protestants took an axe to 1500 years of Christian history....and then complain and condemn something that they cannot understand.

Reactions: Philip James

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explaining 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 3:9:

Modern Translations will say practice sin or continue in sin in 1 John 3:9 (as if to say it is talking exclusively of practicing sin), but this is not the case in the trusted KJV (that existed hundreds of years long before the Modern Translations showed up). (Note: I am not denying that it can be in reference to habitual sin, but it is not exclusively referring to habitual sin but also singular or temporary sin, too.).

The key to understanding 1 John 3:9 is realizing that this "does not commit sin" is in context to the gnostic belief who think sin does not exist or that sin is an illusion in some way (See 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 2:26). Christian Scientists today think sin is an illusion. OSAS proponents think future sin is forgiven them. So while they believe sin may exist on a physical level, they do not think sin exists for them on a spiritual level because they believe Jesus paid for their future sins (When the Bible never says future sin is forgiven us). In other words, it is those who justify sin in some way who have not been born again spiritually and who have never seen or known Christ and He (the seed) does not abide in them. 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 3:9 is talking about "willful sin" in Hebrews 10:26 in view or light of 1 John 1:8.

In other words, 1 John 3:6, and 1 John 3:9 is in view of "willful sin" or "justifying sin" in some way.

1 John 3:9 should read like this:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin [willfully, as if to justify it]; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin [willfully], because he is born of God."​

1 John 3:6 should read like this:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not [willfully, seeking to justify their sin]: whosoever sinneth [as if to justify their sin] hath not seen him, neither known him."​

This would be in view or light of applying the context of the false gnostic belief that John warned the brethren about in 1 John 1:8.

It is a mistake to put all "modern translations" in one category, as the vary considerably.

Here is 1 John 3:9 from the NET, an excellent, well-researched Bible," No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God."

And 1 John 3:6 from the NET, " No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."

These are far clearer than the KJV renderings, which apparently require explanatory notes.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would you consider these essentials?

*Do you believe the Trinity/Monotheism?
*Do you believe the Deity of Jesus, fully man, fully God?
*Do you believe in the life, death, burial and resurrection of Christ which is the gospel 1 Cor 15?

*Do you believe in the Virgin Birth?

*Do you believe in the Atoning work of Christ on the cross?
*Do you believe we are saved by faith alone in Christ?

*Do you believe Jesus is our only Mediator between God and man?
*Do you believe and one must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God?
*Do you believe in the resurrection of the living and the dead?
*Do you believe in the eternal punishment of the wicked in the lake of fire?

*Do you believe in the literal bodily physical return (2nd Coming) of Jesus?
*Do you believe that all mankind is born sinners?

*Do you believe in the Inerrancy of the Bible (original documents)?

*Do you believe the scriptures are divinely inspired by God?
*Do you believe that Christians must have and demonstrate love for the brethren and fellowship with other believers?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I do not ignore what God said in the Old Testament. Silliness! The Old Testament is the Old Covenant, I am a Christian and I have a New Covenant with God.....did you not get the memo?

When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. Hebrews 8:13
There is much to be learned from the Old Testament.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you consider these essentials?

*Do you believe the Trinity/Monotheism?
*Do you believe the Deity of Jesus, fully man, fully God?
*Do you believe in the life, death, burial and resurrection of Christ which is the gospel 1 Cor 15?

*Do you believe in the Virgin Birth?

*Do you believe in the Atoning work of Christ on the cross?
*Do you believe we are saved by faith alone in Christ?

*Do you believe Jesus is our only Mediator between God and man?
*Do you believe and one must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God?
*Do you believe in the resurrection of the living and the dead?
*Do you believe in the eternal punishment of the wicked in the lake of fire?

*Do you believe in the literal bodily physical return (2nd Coming) of Jesus?
*Do you believe that all mankind is born sinners?

*Do you believe in the Inerrancy of the Bible (original documents)?

*Do you believe the scriptures are divinely inspired by God?
*Do you believe that Christians must have and demonstrate love for the brethren and fellowship with other believers?

There is not one of those things that I do not consider to be an essential.

I gave you the short list.

Also, I believe in the inerrancy (as concerning doctrine) of the kjv.

Since the original documents are no longer available to us.