Types of Christians….what type are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thrown out boldly

1 John 1 starting with verse 8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his word is not in us.

Psalm 51:5
Behold I was born in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me.

While living a life of love, living and refecting God's love for us. To say we can be sinless at all is false. We are sinful because Adam fill from grace in sin, our very nature is that sinful man.

The MAN that says "I am a Christian and cannot sin any more!" is so false it is almost funny.

I will try hard in love for Jesus not to sin but the human condition is sin. To deny that sin is your natural condition is deny NOT only God but the grace and salvation worked for us by Jesus dieing for our sins and rising again.
If you can be without sin at time from birth to death YOU DIDN'T NEED JESUS! You didn’t need Jesus to live die and rise again.

Jesus did work a victory over sin not to make us sinless but to give us salvation. If Jesus had removed sin from the world there would be no sin left.

Personally I have not met the person that is sinless. The more one claims they are perfect and sinless the more that is learned of their secrets the more viel and sinful they truly are, just hidden away so no one sees it!

Holier-than-thou is Appearance only! A coat that a sinner wears to hide sin!

I am glad I will know most if not all here from this place alone. Because here their face of righteousness will never be turned to show their sinful self. I will never have to see the sin they try to hide from the world.

My struggles with being a Christian are in seeing and living in the pain caused by these sinless Holier-than-thou Christians whose sins cause more harm because they sin with a smile on their face while saying, "I DON'T SIN!"

AL

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a believer is not sinless but they sin-less. our life should be one marked by righteousness/holiness not sinfulness, habitual sin which scripture condemns in many places saying those who practice such things shall not enter the kingdom of God. And we will not become perfect/sinless until the Resurrection of the saints when we will put on incorruptibility, immortality as per 1 Corinthians 15.

Psalms 106:3 says we are to do righteousness at all times. The deception in Christianity today is that we can do good and evil at the same time and be saved by God’s grace. Good mixed in with doing evil is not doing good.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a believer is not sinless but they sin-less. our life should be one marked by righteousness/holiness not sinfulness, habitual sin which scripture condemns in many places saying those who practice such things shall not enter the kingdom of God. And we will not become perfect/sinless until the Resurrection of the saints when we will put on incorruptibility, immortality as per 1 Corinthians 15.

I agree but feel the need to add that righteousness and holiness in a Christian's life needs to be an inward on the heart rightness and holiness. Because to brag it and then by nature sin again is hypocrisy. And all men well sin again!

Living a life with Christs salvation in my heart trying to let his love shine through is where I have the biggest effect on the world.
To wear that I am a saved therefore sinnless Christian on my sleeve? Every little slip every little sin is magnified beyond measure! And there are no little sins! And the more one professes sinlessness the bigger the magnifying glass they live under.

The that the light of ones love for christ shines out from a sinners heart the stronger Christ is the world around them.

The more they deny sin the more sin there is around them.

It is not being sinless!

It is being in love of God!

Al

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

Psalms 106:3 says we are to do righteousness at all times. The deception in Christianity today is that we can do good and evil at the same time and be saved by God’s grace. Good mixed in with doing evil is not doing good.

Phil is that you?

I have to start with that question, because Rev Phil in much the way you, and I in following your logic, caused many God fearing Christians to fall atleast into doubt and some into unbelief.

A true Christian faith is a faith of the heart.
To look at Paul's description of himself it was God working on his heart that made him what he became. Yet in teaching the Gospel of Jesus Paul never claimed to be other than a sinful being.

When Martin Luther was reborn by reading Ephesians 2 8 and 9 the sinner wasn't taken out of the man the sinful man was brought into the light of God's love!

When the light of God's love is in/on ones heart that love is a humble love that shows itself in love. Humble is serving, serving in love, service of love.

Where is love in the claim I am Christian so I sin no more? Where is love let alone service in claiming "I SIN NO MORE!" But you you cannot be a Christian that sins?

Man looks at the outward appearance BUT GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART!

The only tool God gives us is this
BY THEIR FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM!
For all have sinned tells me that no man can bring forth good fruits all the time. But what is our fruit.

Woe unto he that causes one to fall away. Even one of the least of my children to fall away!

The bad fruit that has caused falling away that causes falling away is the self-righteous belief and teaching that grabbing onto Jesus will remove all sin!

It is the heart of love that grabs onto God, that love will help prevent sin but sin is the nature of man. Jesus didn't remove our sinful nature, he gave us the ability to hold a live bigger than ourselves. That love is so inwards that only God can see if it is true! To profess otherwise may be, almost certainly is pride. Pride, shown in boasts and brags has no love!

Take the log out of your eye before telling your neighbor he has a speck in his eye.

A humble sinner that is a Christian will bring more sinners to salvation than A sinner that boasts of being sinless. One is a humble servant and one just is(anything but a servant)!

Reading anything else into the Gospel is ..........!

Al

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thrown out boldly

1 John 1 starting with verse 8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his word is not in us.

Psalm 51:5
Behold I was born in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me.

While living a life of love, living and refecting God's love for us. To say we can be sinless at all is false. We are sinful because Adam fill from grace in sin, our very nature is that sinful man.

The MAN that says "I am a Christian and cannot sin any more!" is so false it is almost funny.

I will try hard in love for Jesus not to sin but the human condition is sin. To deny that sin is your natural condition is deny NOT only God but the grace and salvation worked for us by Jesus dieing for our sins and rising again.
If you can be without sin at time from birth to death YOU DIDN'T NEED JESUS! You didn’t need Jesus to live die and rise again.

Jesus did work a victory over sin not to make us sinless but to give us salvation. If Jesus had removed sin from the world there would be no sin left.

Personally I have not met the person that is sinless. The more one claims they are perfect and sinless the more that is learned of their secrets the more viel and sinful they truly are, just hidden away so no one sees it!

Holier-than-thou is Appearance only! A coat that a sinner wears to hide sin!

I am glad I will know most if not all here from this place alone. Because here their face of righteousness will never be turned to show their sinful self. I will never have to see the sin they try to hide from the world.

My struggles with being a Christian are in seeing and living in the pain caused by these sinless Holier-than-thou Christians whose sins cause more harm because they sin with a smile on their face while saying, "I DON'T SIN!"

AL
Amen! Well said! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil is that you?

I have to start with that question, because Rev Phil in much the way you, and I in following your logic, caused many God fearing Christians to fall atleast into doubt and some into unbelief.

To look at Paul's description of himself it was God working on his heart that made him what he became. Yet in teaching the Gospel of Jesus Paul never claimed to be other than a sinful being.

When Martin Luther was reborn by reading Ephesians 2 8 and 9 the sinner wasn't taken out of the man the sinful man was brought into the light of God's love!

When the light of God's love is in/on ones heart that love is a humble love that shows itself in love. Humble is serving, serving in love, service of love.

Where is love in the claim I am Christian so I sin no more? Where is love let alone service in claiming "I SIN NO MORE!" But you you cannot be a Christian that sins?

For all have sinned tells me that no man can bring forth good fruits all the time. But what is our fruit.

Woe unto he that causes one to fall away. Even one of the least of my children to fall away!

The bad fruit that has caused falling away that causes falling away is the self-righteous belief and teaching that grabbing onto Jesus will remove all sin!

It is the heart of love that grabs onto God, that love will help prevent sin but sin is the nature of man. Jesus didn't remove our sinful nature, he gave us the ability to hold a live bigger than ourselves. That love is so inwards that only God can see if it is true! To profess otherwise may be, almost certainly is pride. Pride, shown in boasts and brags has no love!

Take the log out of your eye before telling your neighbor he has a speck in his eye.

A humble sinner that is a Christian will bring more sinners to salvation than A sinner that boasts of being sinless. One is a humble servant and one just is(anything but a servant)!

Al

So you don’t believe Psalms 106:3.

That’s not surprising.

Reactions: Jim B

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil is that you?

Al

Are you aware of portions of Scripture like Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1?

If so, how do you change them to fit your belief?

Reactions: Jim B

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil is that you?

Al

As for Martin Luther:

If history is correct on what he communicated, he said, I quote:

“No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day” ['Let Your Sins Be Strong, from 'The Wittenberg Project;' 'The Wartburg Segment', translated by Erika Flores, from Dr. Martin Luther's Saemmtliche Schriften, Letter No. 99, 1 Aug. 1521. - Cf. Also Denifle’s Luther et Lutheranisme, Etude Faite d’apres les sources. Translation by J. Paquier (Paris, A. Picard, 1912-13), VOl. II, pg. 404].

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don’t believe Psalms 106:3.

That’s not surprising.

You take one verse out of a chapter.
A chapter that deals with many failings of many generations .

Yet the Lord kept his covenant with Isreal. Even though Isreal rebelled the Lord was faithful.

How much has the lord forgiven through Jesus?

Al

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take one verse out of a chapter.
A chapter that deals with many failings of many generations .

Yet the Lord kept his covenant with Isreal. Even though Isreal rebelled the Lord was faithful.

How much has the lord forgiven through Jesus?

Al

So that’s your excuse for not believing Psalms 106:3? Really?

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you aware of portions of Scripture like Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1?

You quote Galatians 5: 24

But what of 25 and 26

Since we live by the Spirit, Let us keep in step with the spirit. Let us not become CONCEITED, provoking and envying each other.

The spirit of some born agains is conceited. Conceited in the attitude of "I am a better Christian! YOU have to try harder!"

Were is the attitude of humble service in this?

You chose 1 Peter 4: 1&2

If you have to single out verses what of, 8? 9? 10? 11?

8 above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Al

Reactions: mailmandan

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I read the chapter let alone the book I have to ask,

How do you fit any belief on verse?
One verse almost out of context with the chapter it is taken out of?

The Bible is a group of books. Books with many chapters and even more verses.

Lets debate a whole chapter, because 1 Peter 4" 1and2 take on a different complexion by only adding verse 8 and in context with the entire chapter have nothing to support your side of the debate.

Al

Reactions: mailmandan

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that’s your excuse for not believing Psalms 106:3? Really?

Explain how in reading one verse out of an entire chapter, a chapter where God not only blesses the just and righteous but the unjust, unrighteous and those that rebeled against. Gives you anything to believe?

But keeps his covenants with the unjust, the unrighteous and those that rebel against him.
This is pre-salvation where these are outright condemned by God's Law! God blessed those condemned by their actions equally with the just and righteous! Or didn't you read all of Psalm 106?
It isn't about believing one verse it is about the entire Bible!

The writer of the book Psalms is a sinner with huge sins that our modern day BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS, cannot and will not forgive! But is writing about God's forgiveness. And this long before Christ worked salvation! According to Mosaic law the writer of Psalms was condemned to hell yet he writes gloriously about God's forgiveness!

Yet you pick one verse?
what does support?

Al

Last edited:

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you guys for trashing up my thread....now can move a long and start your own threads.

I am sorry Grailhunter.
It is just one or two posters started down the road that had the potential to crush my faith as it did to others from that church.

I stayed the course as the Holy Spirit guided me to and suffered greatly. But the Holy Spirit kept me afloat and is almost putting the words I use down for me. If it wasn't for the Holt Spirit I wouldn't join in at all.

So what type of Christian am I.
One that tries hard to stay in guidance of the Holy Spirit while arguing God's boundless love and grace! And is willing to fight so that others never feel the pain I have lived through!
I try to be a humble SERVANT Something holier-than-thou Christian seem to be the oblivious of the true meaning of.

I am not a one verse Pharisse

Al

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry Grailhunter.
It is just one or two posters started down the road that had the potential to crush my faith as it did to others from that church.

I stayed the course as the Holy Spirit guided me to and suffered greatly. But the Holy Spirit kept me afloat and is almost putting the words I use down for me. If it wasn't for the Holt Spirit I wouldn't join in at all.

So what type of Christian am I.
One that tries hard to stay in guidance of the Holy Spirit while arguing God's boundless love and grace! And is willing to fight so that others never feel the pain I have lived through!
I try to be a humble SERVANT Something holier-than-thou Christian seem to be the oblivious of the true meaning of.

I am not a one verse Pharisse

Al

I am not saying the topic is not interesting....I am saying start a thread....I might join ya.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been born again yet I am still the same struggling Christian as before.

Any Serious Student Of The Word Knows this obvious Truth....Romans 7 that was written by
Paul at least ten years after he was Saved is where he talks about doing the things that he does not want to do.... “ I do what I hate!”

James talks about how we ALL continue to * STUMBLE*

The Author Of Hebrews talks about the Sins that “ SO EASILY” beset us!

If one rejects the Grace of God, you have no choice—- you have to Pretend that you are “ above Sin”.....and what a FARCE “ that” is..... a ten year old knows better....

Grace Rejectors reject Grace probably because it has never been bestowed upon them....they are still trying to “ work” their way to Heaven with a pitiful performance that God Hates—- it’s all “ Filthy Rags “ and “ Dead Works”.......

On Judgement Day while they are BOASTING about their “ Commandment Keeping” and their “ Repentance Record”, Ol ‘ BB will be “ boasting” also! He will be “ boasting” about the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus NOTHING for His Salvation......we’ll see who fares the best on that Day.....

It’s just like this: “ Without *ONE PLEA* except that thy Blood was Shed for me”

You hypocrites out there that sing this sing every other week and would never actually “ BELIEVE” it for one second, need to please God By tearing the Song out of your Hymnals.....( Tear out “ Nothing But The Blood” also while you are at it......thanks...)

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you are ignoring the immediate context of Matthew 5:48. Read from verse 38 (Matthew 5:38) on down to Matthew 5:48. Being perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect is in context to loving your enemies and doing good towards them.

Here are the things we as believers are to do so as to be perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect:

#1. Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also (Matthew 5:39).
#2. If someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; (Matthew 5:40).
#3. Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain (Matthew 5:41).
#4. Give to him that asketh thee, (Matthew 5:42).
#5. Do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you (Matthew 5:42).
#6. Love your enemies, (Matthew 5:44).
#7. Bless them that curse you, (Matthew 5:44).
#8. Do good to them that hate you, (Matthew 5:44).
#9. Pray for them which despitefully use you, (Matthew 5:44).
#10. Pray for them which... persecute you; (Matthew 5:44).

We walk by faith and not by sight.
Also, I believe Sanctification can be a process for many believers in this life.
I believe it takes time for God's people to learn His commands and instructions so as to obey Him.
It's not a zero to hero overnight thing always.
But ignorance, or following the crowd or going off your own ability or experience is not an excuse to sin.
God's Word is still true. But you prefer the wide gate path that justifies sin like most of Christianity.

No. That's not the point Jesus was making. Jesus was not making a point on disobedience to God so why even try. Nowhere does Jesus even say anything like that as His follow up point. That is something YOU and every other Christian today out there is falsely teaching that is not found in the words of Jesus.

You should be ashamed of yourself by adding to Scripture or to the words of our Lord.
Then again, you don't have to explain yourself to me. You will have to explain to Jesus at the Judgment why you added your own words to His words.

No. That's adding to Scripture! Jesus did not say towards the end that all His warnings against how sin can destroy your soul in hellfire was the Law abiding way vs. just believing in the finished work of the cross method. Jesus did not teach such garbage. That is your addition to His holy words.

First, I believe there is grace and forgiveness with God in our Initial Salvation, and if we stumble on rare occasion, but this is in view that we will not seek to sin again at some future point in time or we must sin this side of Heaven. God never advocates us in sinning (Which is what your doctrine teaches).

Second, in Luke 18:9-14, nowhere does Jesus say that the Tax Collector was admitting he was a sinner every day of his life until he died. How do we know for sure? Well, Jesus also told two people to “sin no more” (See: John 5:14, John 8:11). Lessons from the Parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee is that the Pharisee did not seek forgiveness over his sins like the Tax Collector did and he did not try to help or pray for the Tax Collector to overcome their sin and find strength in God's grace. For you fail to understand that God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). You fail to understand that it was grace that helped the apostle labor more than the brethren (1 Corinthians 15:10).

This is just stupid. God is not advocating you to sin or to be a sinner your whole life. If that was the case, then God would not be holy. God wants us to obey Him and not to disobey Him. We only admit when we are a sinner when we first come to him to be saved (in our Initial Salvation), or if we went prodigal and we need to be regain spiritual life again (See: Luke 15:11 to Luke 15:32, and James 5:19-20).

Repentance = Seeking forgiveness of one’s past life of sin with the Lord Jesus or in seeking forgiveness over a sin we may have committed on rare occasion. Repentance (Seeking forgiveness with Jesus) only works if you intend to not sin again. If you believe you will sin again this side of Heaven, then you really are not sorry over your sin but you are just paying lip service to God. That would be like a husband who cheats on his wife and he tells her that he is sorry but he has no intention of ever stopping because he believes he cannot help himself. Is he really sorry? No. He simply loves the pleasure of sex from another woman more than his wife. He is not sorry. Sin is the real master or god of your life if you don’t bring forth fruits worthy of repentance. For the axe is laid to the root of the tree.

First, faith is believing EVERYTHING in your Bible and not just a belief alone in Jesus. God gave us instructions on holy living in the New Testament and we have to obey them as a part of the faith. If not, then we are in unbelief.

Second, Legalists do not focus or emphasize the grace of God from our Initial Salvation as a means to obey God. They make it all about obedience and no grace whatsoever. They make it sound like that if you mess up once, and you are out of God’s kingdom for good. Believers can confess of their sins to Jesus in order to be forgiven of their sin (1 John 1:9) (1 John 2:1), but this in view of forsaking sin for good (1 John 1:7) (Proverbs 28:13). It’s in view of doing righteousness at all times and not just sometimes.

Psalms 106:3 says:
“Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.”

As for the blood of Christ:
While we have to believe in the blood as a part of salvation (Romans 3:25), you also have to walk in the light (love your brother - 1 John 2:9-11) in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from all sin (See: 1 John 1:7). This walking in the light to have the blood of Jesus cleanse you of all sin is conditional because it has the “If” word in the beginning of the verse. 1 John 1:7 says, “If we walk in the light”… and 1 John 1:7 does not say, “we will walk in the light if we have been born again.” John includes himself with the word “we” in 1 John 1:7. So John includes himself in this conditional promise. But of course you twist 1 John 1:7 and other verses to your own destruction. So I can only imagine the horror you will be faced with when you stand before the Lord Jesus at Judgment Day (if you don’t reject popular candy coated Christianity that justifies sin). You will wish you heeded my warning to you on what God’s Word really said (over what you wish to be true).

Do you “ really” think people read such long- winded posts? ( especially when its Pablum) .... Notify me when you come up with a Reader’s Digest type of condensed version.....life’s too short....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What the ????........Its amazing how some that Twist Scripture can make complicated the things that God has made so simple.....It would take me a month to decipher that first paragraph alone! Thank God, I got better things to do—- it’s time to rotate my tires....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more they deny sin the more sin there is around them.

It is not being sinless!

It is being in love of God!

After all was said and done,Paul wrote that his utmost prayer was “ to KNOW Him”
I understand why.....The more one “knows” God the inevitable result is the more one will Love Him....

Mature Believers know that * LOVE* is the * ENGINE” that drives Obedience.....The “ Obedience” Of The Legalist, the Religionist and the Tare is based on Fear —— they don't understand the Power Of Grace and they don’t know God.....

They can NEVER understand the thinking behind “ Love God and live as you please”...... lol.....there is no better way to guarantee that they will get their panties in a knot! It’s the Ultimate in Biblical “ Meat”—— Milk- drinking Believers ( assuming that they “ are” Believers) best steer clear of Of such insights that require serious thinking....

Here is a little help for those that are trying to recover from a case of “ The Vapors” that this statement may have brought about—- put on your “ Thinking Cap” if you have one ......If a person Truly “LOVES” God , a God - pleasing Life will automatically be the result....it sure worked for Jesus....THINK! Now please untie that knot ......

Last edited: