Types of Christians….what type are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 106:3 says we are to do righteousness at all times. The deception in Christianity today is that we can do good and evil at the same time and be saved by God’s grace. Good mixed in with doing evil is not doing good.

The TRUE “deception” is thinking that you do not have an Old Adamic Nature In you that is “ Not subject to the Law Of God and neither indeed CAN be”...... Put Simply, Our desires fight against God , because they “do’ not and “cannot” obey God’s Laws.....
You quote Galatians 5: 24

But what of 25 and 26

Since we live by the Spirit, Let us keep in step with the spirit. Let us not become CONCEITED, provoking and envying each other.

The spirit of some born agains is conceited. Conceited in the attitude of "I am a better Christian! YOU have to try harder!"

Were is the attitude of humble service in this?

You chose 1 Peter 4: 1&2

If you have to single out verses what of, 8? 9? 10? 11?

8 above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Al

He’s simply doing what ALL OSAS Deniers do in order to “ Prove” what is a Lie—— The have NO CHOICE other than to take verses out of Context, or take verses that are not being addressed to Believers, but to UNbelievers.....

I’ll take any verse that he can throw out there that “appears” to deny the Truth Of OSAS and show that it is either taken out of context or it’s a verse meant for Gospel Deniers....ALL of them....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it would be like God telling you to sit in a chair that looks like it could break but God is telling you to trust Him that it will not break. You can believe that it will hold you up until the cows come home, but unless you sit in the chair, you don’t truly trust or believe God. Faith is followed by the test of our faith in obeying what God says for us to do. If not, then our belief is like (similar of) that of demons.

Your analogy here simply proves the opposite of what you think it does......I have heard it before....it’s meant to show that sitting in the chair shows that you trust it ALONE to SAVE YOU from Falling , lest disaster befall you ......if you don’t sit, you don’t trust
It’s Symbolic of Trusting Jesus and NOTHING ELSE for your Salvation....that is what “ I” do..... I put 100% of my Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus......if that is not enough—- I am doomed! I don’t “ hedge my bets” or Fail to Trust Jesus by ADDing a little of my “ righteous performance” to it.....

I say “The Shed Blood Of Jesus is not Only ESSENTIAL for Salvation, but “ ADEQUATE” for Salvation ......on the opposite Side, “ YOU” would say “ Yeah, the Shed Blood might be ESSENTIAL to getting Saved, But it just ain’t “ ADEQUATE” for Salvation” It’s similar to saying that Jesus needs a “ Co- Savior” and you have elected YOURSELF to “ be” that Co-Savior.....

Now YOU tell ME —- who has the most FAITH in JESUS —— YOU or ME?
In your Confused chair analogy, I not only SIT in that Chair, I raise my Feet! You would not go that far....you would find a way to play it safe, hedging your bet—- you simply don’t Trust it to the extent that I do....you don’t trust in the chair and you don’t trust Jesus....Your pitiful, “performance based” Doctrine proves it.....Maybe try “The Tortoise and the Hare” next time.....

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is talking about our Initial Salvation. Paul is not referring to the secondary aspect of salvation which follows after being saved by God’s grace in Ephesians 2:8-9. Paul refers to the secondary aspect of salvation in 2 Thessalonians 2:13

What on Earth are you “ Talking about?” Salvation is Salvation....it's a Gift ! Once you have it , it could have 100 “ aspects” ....

There are only * TWO* “aspects” of Paul’s Gospel That GET a man Saved and KEEP him Saved......Aspect#1 Believe that Jesus Died for your Sins. Aspect#2 Believe that He rose from the Dead

Please stop adding your Additions to the Gospel in the guise of “ aspects” ......

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take one verse out of a chapter.
A chapter that deals with many failings of many generations .

Yet the Lord kept his covenant with Isreal. Even though Isreal rebelled the Lord was faithful.

How much has the lord forgiven through Jesus?

Al

It's Israel, not Isreal, as in "Is real"

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quote Galatians 5: 24

But what of 25 and 26

Since we live by the Spirit, Let us keep in step with the spirit. Let us not become CONCEITED, provoking and envying each other.

The spirit of some born agains is conceited. Conceited in the attitude of "I am a better Christian! YOU have to try harder!"

Were is the attitude of humble service in this?

First, this explanation does not undo what Galatians 5:24 says. Galatians 5:24 says they that are Christ’s have crucified the affections and lusts. Your belief does not believe that plain statement in Galatians 5:24 because you hold to the popular Christian viewpoint that says you can sin and still be saved on some level. You believe like most Christians in that you are going to be a slave to sin this side of Heaven. So you really don’t believe Galatians 5:24 in what it says.

Second, Galatians 5:25 in living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit is tied to Galatians 5:16 that says:

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16).

Again, you don’t believe Galatians 5:16 because you don’t truly believe in not fulfilling the lust of the flesh in this life.

Three, as for Galatians 5:26:

The statement made in Galatians 5:26 that says, “Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another” is tied in with the context of the heresy of Circumcision Salvationism. This was the false belief during the time that said you had to first be circumcised in order to be initially saved. Paul hints of this in Galatians 5:1-4.

Galatians 5:1-4 says:
“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”

But it was at the Jerusalem council that the false belief of Circumcision was described to us.

Acts of the Apostles 15:1
“And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.”

Acts of the Apostles 15:5
“But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

Acts of the Apostles 15:24
“Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:”

This is why Paul says if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing in Galatians 5:2.
It’s why he says, “Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another” (Galatians 5:26).
For the vain glory is in telling others you must be circumcised in order to be saved. Provoking and envying one another is by telling others you have to be circumcised to be saved.

As for your claim that we as Christians are to say: “I am a better Christian! YOU have to try harder!”

Well, I never made such a claim and neither would I tell other believers this. Believers are to be more tactful and loving with their words in spurring them on to do good works (Hebrews 10:24), and to fight the good of faith so as to lay hold on eternal life (1 Timothy 6:12).

Grace is not a license to sin (Jude 1:4). Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness, and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). Paul said that he labored more than the other apostles, but it was not him that did so alone but it was the grace of God within Paul that made him to labor more abundantly (1 Corinthians 15:10). So grace makes us to labor in doing good and not evil.

You said:
You chose 1 Peter 4: 1&2

If you have to single out verses what of, 8? 9? 10? 11?

8 above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Al

1 Peter 4:8-11 does not undo what 1 Peter 4:1-2 says. 1 Peter 4:1-2 makes a point on ceasing from sin by suffering in the flesh, and it says that we should live the rest of our time to the will of God and not to the lusts of the flesh. This what your belief in popular Christianity does not believe because you do not actually believe that you can live the rest of your time here on Earth to the will of God because you believe you must always sin this side of Heaven based on a false interpretation of 1 John 1:8, etcetera.

1 Peter 4:8 says that we are to have fervent charity (love) among ourselves (i.e. believes). This is not at the expense of warning other believers about how sin can destroy our souls.

Example, the author of Hebrews warns us by saying:

“Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:” (Hebrews 3:8).

“Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;” (Hebrews 4:12-14).

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26).

Even the apostle Paul lists various sins in Galatians 5:19-21 and says that they which do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Meaning, they will not be saved. So we do teach that we will remain as sinners saved by God’s grace because doing those sins that Paul mentions will cause us to not inherit the Kingdom of God. In fact, Jesus says, if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15). But that probably does not factor into your equation on loving according to the Bible.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is talking about our Initial Salvation. Paul is not referring to the secondary aspect of salvation which follows after being saved by God’s grace in Ephesians 2:8-9. Paul refers to the secondary aspect of salvation in 2 Thessalonians 2:13

What on Earth are you “ Talking about?” Salvation is Salvation....it's a Gift ! Once you have it , it could have 100 “ aspects” ....

There are only * TWO* “aspects” of Paul’s Gospel That GET a man Saved and KEEP him Saved......Aspect#1 Believe that Jesus Died for your Sins. Aspect#2 Believe that He rose from the Dead

Please stop adding your Additions to the Gospel in the guise of “ aspects” ......

Well, if you were to actually read the verses I shown to you more carefully, then you would be able to see or discern the two different aspects of salvation described by the apostle Paul himself.

Ephesians 2:8-9 is talking about being saved INITIALLY by God’s grace through faith without works (See: Ephesians 2:1, and compare how we receive His grace like a gift).

2 Thessalonians 2:13 is talking about how God has chosen us to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit, and a belief of the truth (i.e. a continued belief of the truth, i.e. our continued study and believing the essential doctrines in God’s Holy Word, the Bible). This Sanctification of the Spirit is for salvation to enter the Kingdom of God because we even read a similar thing in Romans 8:13. For if you live after the flesh (sin), you will die, but if you put to death the misdeeds of the body (sin) by the Spirit, you will live (live eternally) (Romans 8:13). The context of 2 Thessalonians 2:13 is faith + good works (holy living). 2 Thessalonians 2:12 gives us the polar opposite of 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

Unbelief (verse 12) paralleled with belief of the truth (verse 13).
Pleasure in unrighteousness (verse 12) paralleled with Sanctification of the Spirit (holy living) (verse 13).

In verses 16-17 we see faith and works mentioned in context to 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

Faith and good works (verses 16-17) is parallel to Belief of the Truth and the Sanctification of the Spirit (verse 13).

2 Corinthians 7:1 says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Why are we to fear God in perfecting holiness?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for Martin Luther:

If history is correct on what he communicated, he said, I quote:

“No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day” ['Let Your Sins Be Strong, from 'The Wittenberg Project;' 'The Wartburg Segment', translated by Erika Flores, from Dr. Martin Luther's Saemmtliche Schriften, Letter No. 99, 1 Aug. 1521. - Cf. Also Denifle’s Luther et Lutheranisme, Etude Faite d’apres les sources. Translation by J. Paquier (Paris, A. Picard, 1912-13), VOl. II, pg. 404].

People with brains and insight understand that Luther has it correct......he is exaggerating to make a point.....you ever do that? Luther is NOT downplaying or advocating murder and/ adultery—- he is truly appreciating and praising the Amazing Grace Of God......it can't be praised enough—- the Grace or the Mercy of God is the ONLY thing that ever saved anybody that “ got” Saved....

Last edited:

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biggest knock on US Christians is that we take ONE verse out of context, even totally out context and than run totally over everyone with it.

Here at the this point I see.

The Bible in its entirety is written for believers and un believers ALIKE.

What I read above that this verse is for believers while another is for unbelievers. Where is that bunk coming from?

It is this very thing that takes Christian and makes than unbelievers and confirms the unbelievers unbelief.

Another thing is an We know better in one verse than you do by reading what the context is!

Isn't that pride and conceit? Something all Christians have to guard against!
Are these humble servants as Jesus told us to be?

Al

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the moment you say future sin is forgiven to a person, is the moment you are giving them a license to sin (Whether you want them to sin or not).

Who needs a “ License” to Sin? We all — including YOU—- do a great job of Sinning with nary a License in sight......

Here is what the weak, bottle- fed, baby “ Believers” do not understand.....When you understand that ALL of your Sins are covered by the Grace of God when you did not deserve it, and when He did not “ have” to do it, it gives you a “ License” all right...... a License to * LOVE* .......And for the First time in your life you are not being Obedient out of fear and obligation......

The “ ENGINE” that drives the desire to abandon Sin and serve God is that “ LOVE”.......Until one obtains the sense of Gratitude when it hits him that ALL of his Sins are Totally Forgiven by the Work Of The Cross, He is carrying a “ Performance” Burden upon his shoulders that always haunts him because he has to struggle to be “ good enough” .....

Here’s the Deal ......when you see that you are Saved by simply Believing the Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4) and Nothing Else , and when you understand that you could not go to Hell even if you tried ,and the Relief you experience when you understand that you don’t have to “ Make Yourself Worthy”—seeing that instead you are * MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb”——- that changes EVERYTHING !

Jesus died to “ set me free”......a Free Man does what he wants to do....Now that I have been “ set free”, the Confused and ignorant man naturally assumes that I will use my Freedom to just go out and “ Sin up a Storm !” Lol......The True Result is just the Opposite! .....what does this man that can sin yet Never be damned “ want” to do? I have become like Paul.....my strongest desire is to “ Know Him”.....

The more one “ knows” God, the more he will “Love” God and like I said previously, “ That” is the Christian’s secret to Obedience..... I do what I want....God changes my “ Wants” .....What does this “ Totally Forgiven” man “ Want” to do now? I “want” to please God.....True Christianity is kinda crazy that way...I guess you have to Live it to understand it.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you are ignoring the immediate context of Matthew 5:48. Read from verse 38 (Matthew 5:38) on down to Matthew 5:48. Being perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect is in context to loving your enemies and doing good towards them.

Here are the things we as believers are to do so as to be perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect:

#1. Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also (Matthew 5:39).
#2. If someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; (Matthew 5:40).
#3. Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain (Matthew 5:41).
#4. Give to him that asketh thee, (Matthew 5:42).
#5. Do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you (Matthew 5:42).
#6. Love your enemies, (Matthew 5:44).
#7. Bless them that curse you, (Matthew 5:44).
#8. Do good to them that hate you, (Matthew 5:44).
#9. Pray for them which despitefully use you, (Matthew 5:44).
#10. Pray for them which... persecute you; (Matthew 5:44).

We walk by faith and not by sight.
Also, I believe Sanctification can be a process for many believers in this life.
I believe it takes time for God's people to learn His commands and instructions so as to obey Him.
It's not a zero to hero overnight thing always.
But ignorance, or following the crowd or going off your own ability or experience is not an excuse to sin.
God's Word is still true. But you prefer the wide gate path that justifies sin like most of Christianity.

No. That's not the point Jesus was making. Jesus was not making a point on disobedience to God so why even try. Nowhere does Jesus even say anything like that as His follow up point. That is something YOU and every other Christian today out there is falsely teaching that is not found in the words of Jesus.

You should be ashamed of yourself by adding to Scripture or to the words of our Lord.
Then again, you don't have to explain yourself to me. You will have to explain to Jesus at the Judgment why you added your own words to His words.

No. That's adding to Scripture! Jesus did not say towards the end that all His warnings against how sin can destroy your soul in hellfire was the Law abiding way vs. just believing in the finished work of the cross method. Jesus did not teach such garbage. That is your addition to His holy words.

First, I believe there is grace and forgiveness with God in our Initial Salvation, and if we stumble on rare occasion, but this is in view that we will not seek to sin again at some future point in time or we must sin this side of Heaven. God never advocates us in sinning (Which is what your doctrine teaches).

Second, in Luke 18:9-14, nowhere does Jesus say that the Tax Collector was admitting he was a sinner every day of his life until he died. How do we know for sure? Well, Jesus also told two people to “sin no more” (See: John 5:14, John 8:11). Lessons from the Parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee is that the Pharisee did not seek forgiveness over his sins like the Tax Collector did and he did not try to help or pray for the Tax Collector to overcome their sin and find strength in God's grace. For you fail to understand that God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). You fail to understand that it was grace that helped the apostle labor more than the brethren (1 Corinthians 15:10).

This is just stupid. God is not advocating you to sin or to be a sinner your whole life. If that was the case, then God would not be holy. God wants us to obey Him and not to disobey Him. We only admit when we are a sinner when we first come to him to be saved (in our Initial Salvation), or if we went prodigal and we need to be regain spiritual life again (See: Luke 15:11 to Luke 15:32, and James 5:19-20).

Repentance = Seeking forgiveness of one’s past life of sin with the Lord Jesus or in seeking forgiveness over a sin we may have committed on rare occasion. Repentance (Seeking forgiveness with Jesus) only works if you intend to not sin again. If you believe you will sin again this side of Heaven, then you really are not sorry over your sin but you are just paying lip service to God. That would be like a husband who cheats on his wife and he tells her that he is sorry but he has no intention of ever stopping because he believes he cannot help himself. Is he really sorry? No. He simply loves the pleasure of sex from another woman more than his wife. He is not sorry. Sin is the real master or god of your life if you don’t bring forth fruits worthy of repentance. For the axe is laid to the root of the tree.

First, faith is believing EVERYTHING in your Bible and not just a belief alone in Jesus. God gave us instructions on holy living in the New Testament and we have to obey them as a part of the faith. If not, then we are in unbelief.

Second, Legalists do not focus or emphasize the grace of God from our Initial Salvation as a means to obey God. They make it all about obedience and no grace whatsoever. They make it sound like that if you mess up once, and you are out of God’s kingdom for good. Believers can confess of their sins to Jesus in order to be forgiven of their sin (1 John 1:9) (1 John 2:1), but this in view of forsaking sin for good (1 John 1:7) (Proverbs 28:13). It’s in view of doing righteousness at all times and not just sometimes.

Psalms 106:3 says:
“Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.”

As for the blood of Christ:
While we have to believe in the blood as a part of salvation (Romans 3:25), you also have to walk in the light (love your brother - 1 John 2:9-11) in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from all sin (See: 1 John 1:7). This walking in the light to have the blood of Jesus cleanse you of all sin is conditional because it has the “If” word in the beginning of the verse. 1 John 1:7 says, “If we walk in the light”… and 1 John 1:7 does not say, “we will walk in the light if we have been born again.” John includes himself with the word “we” in 1 John 1:7. So John includes himself in this conditional promise. But of course you twist 1 John 1:7 and other verses to your own destruction. So I can only imagine the horror you will be faced with when you stand before the Lord Jesus at Judgment Day (if you don’t reject popular candy coated Christianity that justifies sin). You will wish you heeded my warning to you on what God’s Word really said (over what you wish to be true).

I will set aside you Confusion , Your “ False and Perverted” Gospel, and your attempts at Self- Righteousness for the moment....all those things you listed that we are to do ( “Turning the other cheek”, etc) .....you preach them to others yet YOU do not do these things yourself....

I will PROVE that you are a Hypocrite right here and now....I am sincere....I Demand that You, as a Promoter of obeying the Sermon on the Mount for Salvation , send me a Money Order for $ 100....” give to whoever asks” ......send me a little extra also....”If somebody asks for your cloak, give them your Tunic also”.....

Send me a private message and I will provide my mailing address.....I am anxious to see how you Weasel out of this, You Hypocrite .....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will set aside you Confusion , Your “ False and Perverted” Gospel,

I believe there is only one gospel and that is found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
To see my explanation on this, see here.

and your attempts at Self- Righteousness for the moment

I am nothing. Christ is everything. There is no righteous acts of my own. A believer can only do good by the power of Jesus Christ. So there is no boasting in oneself, but the boasting is in Jesus Christ. For Jesus said you can do nothing without Him (John 15:5).

You said:
....all those things you listed that we are to do ( “Turning the other cheek”, etc) .....you preach them to others yet YOU do not do these things yourself....

You don't know my life to truly know. So you are simply assuming wrongfully of me (Which is not good).
But I am not making a point about how I am a super saint, and everyone else is not.
I am merely relaying to you what the Bible says and we all must accept it (Whether we like those truths or not).

You said:
I will PROVE that you are a Hypocrite right here and now....I am sincere....I Demand that You, as a Promoter of obeying the Sermon on the Mount for Salvation , send me a Money Order for $ 100....” give to whoever asks” ......send me a little extra also....”If somebody asks for your cloak, give them your Tunic also”.....

First, not all things in the Bible may happen to us. I cannot force somebody to take my shirt whereby I will give them my coat also. I cannot force that situation to happen. Only God can make that situation to happen. I believe the point that the Lord was trying to get at was to love your enemies and do good to them despite them doing wrong towards you. That's the point. Second, I was only relaying to you what the Bible says. I did not write the Bible. God wrote the Bible. So if you have an issue with it, then take it up with God and not me. I am not asking you to do the things in His Word. God is.

You said:
Send me a private message and I will provide my mailing address.....I am anxious to see how you Weasel out of this, You Hypocrite .....

Hypocrite? That's rich. Do you not tell people to follow the Bible or to follow Jesus? Yet, you speak against the words of our Lord Jesus and His instructions.
Instead of attacking the words of our Lord, maybe you should try to encourage others to obey them instead. For he that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).

My point that you have taken to be personal (Which it wasn't) was that Matthew 5:48 is talking about being perfect in regards to certain things in the immediate context to what our Lord said. However, you took His words to be in reference to being in regards to Sinless Perfection when that is not what He was talking about in that instance. I was merely helping you to see what the text says in context. It was not personal by any means.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the moment you say future sin is forgiven to a person, is the moment you are giving them a license to sin (Whether you want them to sin or not).

Who needs a “ License” to Sin? We all — including YOU—- do a great job of Sinning with nary a License in sight......

Here is what the weak, bottle- fed, baby “ Believers” do not understand.....When you understand that ALL of your Sins are covered by the Grace of God when you did not deserve it, and when He did not “ have” to do it, it gives you a “ License” all right...... a License to * LOVE* .......And for the First time in your life you are not being Obedient out of fear and obligation......

The “ ENGINE” that drives the desire to abandon Sin and serve God is that “ LOVE”.......Until one obtains the sense of Gratitude when it hits him that ALL of his Sins are Totally Forgiven by the Work Of The Cross, He is carrying a “ Performance” Burden upon his shoulders that always haunts him because he has to struggle to be “ good enough” .....

Here’s the Deal ......when you see that you are Saved by simply Believing the Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4) and Nothing Else , and when you understand that you could not go to Hell even if you tried ,and the Relief you experience when you understand that you don’t have to “ Make Yourself Worthy”—seeing that instead you are * MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb”——- that changes EVERYTHING !

Jesus died to “ set me free”......a Free Man does what he wants to do....Now that I have been “ set free”, the Confused and ignorant man naturally assumes that I will use my Freedom to just go out and “ Sin up a Storm !” Lol......The True Result is just the Opposite! .....what does this man that can sin yet Never be damned “ want” to do? I have become like Paul.....my strongest desire is to “ Know Him”.....

The more one “ knows” God, the more he will “Love” God and like I said previously, “ That” is the Christian’s secret to Obedience..... I do what I want....God changes my “ Wants” .....What does this “ Totally Forgiven” man “ Want” to do now? I “want” to please God.....True Christianity is kinda crazy that way...I guess you have to Live it to understand it.....

But not everyone will take it the way you do. Others who believe their future sin is forgiven them have in fact treated God's grace as a license to sin. George Sodini murdered a bunch of people and took his own life and in his suicide letter he wrote that he was saved without works and by a belief alone in Jesus. So he sang the same song and dance you do, but his works were evil. The thing is that while you may not do the kind of extreme evil that George Sodini did, you may let certain sins fall through the cracks and say you are forgiven. So you could end up justifying many sins you are not even aware of and because you do other good works, you think are okay with God. But I don't believe this kind of belief will work out for you in the end. Why? Because Jesus said to those believers who did wonderful works in His name to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (Matthew 7:22-23). Meaning, they did good, but they also did evil, too. You don't seem to think you have to work out your salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). You don't seem to think you have to cleanse yourself from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biggest knock on US Christians is that we take ONE verse out of context, even totally out context and than run totally over everyone with it.

Here at the this point I see.

The Bible in its entirety is written for believers and un believers ALIKE.

What I read above that this verse is for believers while another is for unbelievers. Where is that bunk coming from?

It is this very thing that takes Christian and makes than unbelievers and confirms the unbelievers unbelief.

Another thing is an We know better in one verse than you do by reading what the context is!

Isn't that pride and conceit? Something all Christians have to guard against!
Are these humble servants as Jesus told us to be?

Al

In order to prove you are correct that we are taking that one verse out of context, you need to prove that we are doing so. Just saying so does not prove your case. Generally when I disagree with another believer who is taking a verse out of context, I usually post the words of the context and explain things. Your not doing that. Therein lies the problem.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People with brains and insight understand that Luther has it correct......he is exaggerating to make a point.....you ever do that? Luther is NOT downplaying or advocating murder and/ adultery—- he is truly appreciating and praising the Amazing Grace Of God......it can't be praised enough—- the Grace or the Mercy of God is the ONLY thing that ever saved anybody that “ got” Saved....

So even if we were to take Luther's words as an exaggeration (Which is not proven by the context of what he said), what fraction or percentage did Luther really mean? Does that mean we can sin a hundred times a day? Is that what he meant? Maybe he meant 50 times a day? Either way it would be turning God's grace into a license for immorality (Even if it was one sin a day he would justify under God's grace).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read the chapter let alone the book I have to ask,

How do you fit any belief on verse?
One verse almost out of context with the chapter it is taken out of?

The Bible is a group of books. Books with many chapters and even more verses.

Lets debate a whole chapter, because 1 Peter 4" 1and2 take on a different complexion by only adding verse 8 and in context with the entire chapter have nothing to support your side of the debate.

Al

So you never quoted a verse for a Christian to believe before?
Are you saying that all verses cannot be believed?
If you disagree with the plain reading of 1 Peter 4:1-2, the burden of proof is not on me to prove it, but it is on you to prove your case that it does not mean what it plainly says.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you “ really” think people read such long- winded posts? ( especially when its Pablum) .... Notify me when you come up with a Reader’s Digest type of condensed version.....life’s too short....

So is that how you treat your reading of the Bible?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more they deny sin the more sin there is around them.

My goal is simply to get you to see what the Bible says.
It's not really about me trying to be an authority over you or to make you think I am better than you or to tell you to what to do. Again. I did not write the Bible. God did. It's God who is telling you what to do. Not me. God wrote the Bible. I am just a messenger. So please don't shoot the messenger.

There are methods to overcoming sin with the help of the Lord and God's Word.
So overcoming various sins is not always easy. But with the Lord, nothing is impossible.
Believers should be encouraging each other to do good works and to obey the Lord.
But you encourage others to not worry about obeying the Lord.

It is not being sinless!

The Lord Jesus disagrees. Jesus said to two people to sin no more (John 5:14) (John 8:11).
God says for you to be ye holy because I am holy (1 Peter 1:16).

You said:
It is being in love of God!

Jesus says, “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10).

I am going to stop here seeing you don't deal well with posts that are average length.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The TRUE “deception” is thinking that you do not have an Old Adamic Nature In you that is “ Not subject to the Law Of God and neither indeed CAN be”...... Put Simply, Our desires fight against God , because they “do’ not and “cannot” obey God’s Laws.....

He’s simply doing what ALL OSAS Deniers do in order to “ Prove” what is a Lie—— The have NO CHOICE other than to take verses out of Context, or take verses that are not being addressed to Believers, but to UNbelievers.....

I’ll take any verse that he can throw out there that “appears” to deny the Truth Of OSAS and show that it is either taken out of context or it’s a verse meant for Gospel Deniers....ALL of them....

What do you think 2 Corinthians 7:1 says?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know my life to truly know. So you are simply assuming wrongfully of me (Which is not good).

I am merely relaying to you what the Bible says and we all must accept it (Whether we like those truths or not)

You are correct —-I do NOT truly “ know” you.....

So now is your chance to let us all get to know you.....Are you gonna just “ Talk The Talk” or are you going to “ Walk the Walk?”

You claim that all you do is “ Relay” what the Bible says.....we’ll the Bible says that if I ask something from you, you are to give it to me.....according to you, this is something that must be obeyed whether we “ like it or not”......

I am still waiting on that money .....or do you admit that you “ CAN’T” and “ DON’T” obey these simple Commands Of Jesus that you claim that “others” must “ accept” , but you don’t obey them yourself ?

Does ANY of this sound familiar?...As Jesus told the phony Hypocrites Of His day—-“You lay on them Impossible demands that you yourselves would never think of keeping”...

Either accept this demand of Jesus and give me the money( whether you “ like it” or not, as you say) or admit that Jesus was saying these things to show people that they could Never reach God’s Standard ( Perfection 24/7 ) and they were not “ good enough” as the Pharisees believed and they needed a Savior!