U.K. Government - Boris has resigned

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The English voters put Boris into Downing Street 3 years ago on the understanding that he was going to stop the steady flow of illegal immigrants as he promised.
But he blew it bigtime by persistently refusing to tackle the problem and its got steadily worse, so the English have lost patience with him and are giving him the boot, and good riddance..:)

immigA.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The English voters put Boris into Downing Street on the understanding that he was going to stop the steady flow of illegal immigrants as he promised.
That was David Cameron. And he didn't do it. Boris Johnson promised to get us out of Europe and he did. He has also had to deal with Covid which can't have been easy as it was uncharted territory.
But I'm glad he's going he has been a bit of a disaster really.

Reactions: Dropship

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
291016621_5499628236766735_3838422963080523557_n.jpg

This is Larry the Downing Street cat. He's had enough too.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Boris Johnson promised to get us out of Europe and he did..

Yes we voted him into office to-
1- get us out of the hands of the Brussels clowns,
2- AND to clamp down on illegal immigrant scroungers.
But he only achieved number 1 so it's time for him to get on his bike..:)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am well aware of that but who comes into power will not be in my hands. The Conservative party decides. When a general election takes place then I have a voice. Our borders opened a very long time ago.

Ya, I know.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha so the kings of the east are here now, i guess
i always wondered how that could be predicted, but apparently it is just the outcome of any influential government, who inevitably decides to go destabilize a rival country for purposes of control? Of course the citizens will have to go somewhere, right?

how they got the euphrates drying up though, man, that is a poser huh

anyway—not that anyone will hear—but ignore boundary stones at your peril, imo

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always liked his hair!
Just goes to show how low the standards for UK Prime Ministers have fallen. Queen Elizabeth should have told him to go buy a comb and brush and then return for her approval. If a man is sloppy about his appearance, expect him to be sloppy about everything else.

Boris has also claimed to have Russian ancestry: "Mr Johnson says his great-great-grandmother, a Circassian slave from a region in southern Russia, was sold to his great-great-grandfather after she fled from war to Turkey in around 1862."
Boris Johnson: I am descended from a Russian slave | Daily Mail Online

• Wow
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just goes to show how low the standards for UK Prime Ministers have fallen. Queen Elizabeth should have told him to go buy a comb and brush and then return for her approval. If a man is sloppy about his appearance, expect him to be sloppy about everything else.

Boris has also claimed to have Russian ancestry: "Mr Johnson says his great-great-grandmother, a Circassian slave from a region in southern Russia, was sold to his great-great-grandfather after she fled from war to Turkey in around 1862."
Boris Johnson: I am descended from a Russian slave | Daily Mail Online
Uncombable Hair Syndrome?

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just to point out that in a parliamentary system like that of Great Britain the Prime Minister has to have the confidence of the parliamentary majority, whereas in a system based on the separation of powers (executive, legislature and judiciary) such as that of the US the position of the head of the executive - the President - is not immediately subject to legislative majorities.

So at any given time, 'what so-and-so ought to do', etc., as perceived on different sides of the Atlantic, may sometimes differ significantly because the systems function differently.

(This also lies at the heart of differences of perception about leaders in the US and in Canada, which also has a parliamentary system similar to that of Great Britain.)

Reactions: Pearl